VU 10.0 Bug reports

I unlocked a new skill, "Hulk Fury"!!!!111

15183-20090818-vu10-bugs.jpg

PS that's really the way it looks sometimes, not a photochop.

so far i've only had the arms, shins and feet.

I know they're tiny glitches but surely if they offered us this week of 'free' playing to find them and then reset us to Monday nights settings (except ped who those who have deposited) it wouldn't hurt so much.

- unequip button doesnt unequip items
- boxes lost the color

ATI X1600, Athlon XP 2.8ghz, 2.5gb ram, Win XP:

-When you set minimum/medium shading, colour pallete goes crazy, seems oversaturated, some places seems totaly white. Setting it on high/very high works ok, but its too big setting for my GFX.

-Resolution in Fullscreen cant be changed ingame. Whatever res u pick and aply, still it remains unchanged. Ingame resolution is tied to desktop resolution. When I cange desktop to 1024 game runs 1024, when I set desktop 1600 game runs 1600 etc.

-Game doesnt remember your graphic settings.

-REnder texture quality (slider)
Dosnt make any difference min/max at my PC.

-Total lack of descriptions on the graphics setting. Just one vague: seting to high may reduce performance. Well, what a news.

-When I write PM, after a while (cca 10-20sec) of writing, chat goes inactive, and u stop to write in there. Instedad of this, u press 10 shortcuts before u realize it. Happened in main chat too.

-Introduce the settings on the size of fonts pls. In lower resolutions, alphabets are too big.

-Grass looks very bad even on very high setings. It appears itself in biggest detail only few meters before you, looks awfull.

BRGDS
Eman

EDIT: GUYS/GIRLS DONT FORGET TO POST YOUR PCs SPEC !

Few things I've noticed:

* crashes are very often (I don't have nVidia card, I use ATI which is supposed to work well so it's not the card)
* connection problems - hard to reconnect - that may be cuased by many people logging in to see CE2, dunno
* global chat window sometimes stops reacting for writing - you write a msg and after few seconds you find the chat closed and pressing buttons opens shortcut actions, skill list, options etc.
* bubbles coming out of a avatar when NOT in water (I was swimming, reloged and still had them)
* unclaimable hills - causes lost mining claims
* too many stones you can't get through - esspecially on CND - causes lost mining clamis -> on CND that is very, very annnoing
* service centre is too bright
* PM window doesn't show there is a new msg (no sound, no red light that was before)
* PM window when minimalized leaves side bar visible
* very often closing down any window takes several tries (loot window, information windows)
* on CND when hitting T in a dome we used to revive in Control Room, now in any revival - I did that twice and twice I ended up far away from TP
* loot window can't be hidden under radar or chat, it is all time on the top
* relog causes shortcut icons vanish
* not possible to adjust graphic details when recreating avatar

So, that is all I can think of for now....
I like the way it looks, I think there was a great deal of work done to make Entropia look in a new way and ofc I didn't expect it to be bug free... just giving a feedback.

hy,

the MA Team is the Bug :D

But hey, come on, we all got a very very nice 0.5 ped Sunglasses for our Beta-Test Work :wtg:

Falke

- unequip button doesnt unequip items
- boxes lost the color

Are you sure you're using the right unequip button? I think there are two, one where you need to have something selected to unequip it. (Might be wrong here.)

All customizable items, except garnment, lost their colour. It will be restored later. So says the content list. :)

Windowed graphic resolution isnt remembered.

Whatever resolution you alter it to (I'm experimenting with 1360 x 768 windowed which seems playable with my mid range card) it will always log you back in at 1024 x 768.

Hopefully an easy fix for Mindark to correct. :)

Mininhg towers dont appea4r a didsaster..nor e nor matter....walk up 2 them due 2 radar nothing 2 be cn..there goes 5 years a minig..

besides trying all settings ..from med 2 low

another mine glitch droping a matter bomb i find myself standing still unederwater

Are you sure you're using the right unequip button? I think there are two, one where you need to have something selected to unequip it. (Might be wrong here.)

All customizable items, except garnment, lost their colour. It will be restored later. So says the content list. :)

There are two listed, one for the selected item and the other according to the notes on it removes everything including armor, well thats how I read it.

i can not loot mobs in LA1 amethera. No loot window.

And Anshee bank is empty

My Mod fap has turned into an ek2600, my Shadow into Bore and my
old trusty Mod Merc had been reduced to a Korss400. :laugh:

mobs that don't loot:
cersumon
falxangius
itumatrox
note: it is not limited to LA mobs (i hunted NW akmuul atrox fine)
Tps bugged:
Rei's Defence (it put me far SW of tp, in the middle of cersumon)
Memorial Island (teleport exists, needs to be rediscovered)

Bug while mining, if you press "K" to check skills while the finder is trying to search the game crashes when search is done, got this about 4 times.

Bug while mining, if you press "K" to check skills while the finder is trying to search the game crashes when search is done, got this about 4 times.

So stop doing it...

;)

Good job repeating the test to verify cause.

yepp had same prob. Was only able to loot my first kill at last logg in, was the only one i could get the name tagg from. The next mobs i was just able to see in first person wiew what kind they where, but couldnt get a nametagg from the cause there wasnt any :confused: So i was unable to loot them.

same here i cant loot the second mob

Armor Plating in Storage

Armor Plating: Plates that were attached to armor in storage are now separate, and cannot be reattached nor moved to Inventory. Error message: "Could not execute. Please try again."

Bug: You can run underwater on the riverbeds :D

This may be specific to the river at Atlas Haven, I tested it with a Faux and it didnt drown in it even though it was plainly a river on the map.

Last edited:
Walking/running bug

Avatar moves from A to B but when nearly at B it suddenly reappears at A, like a nasty loop. Dunno if it is the area or the avi that has got the bug.. seen it with 2 people already

Bugs ?

I have just installed Vu 10 , deleted pre Vu 10 and I get an error even before being able to log in. It has been a while so if there is a thread with these kind off issues plz redirect me , if not , can anyone tell me whats going on ?

Error is something about som configuration is not working correctly.

I hae no idea so every input will do

Thx
Castro

Install the C++ redistributable like the thread on VU 10 issues recommends. That is probably the problem.

This is a big one, I was swimming around atlas haven and was having trouble getting out of the water (hadn't yet realized that some cliffs were unclimbable) so after I tried jumping out repeatedly, I found a less steep place, suddenly my avatar started waliking, not forwards... but straight up into the sky, eventually after reaching a height where I couldn't see eudoria, I started to freefall. I checked my altitude around 5 minutes after I started falling... and was 2432m above the ground. The height was likely more in the 10k range at the highest point. After I landed (quite gracefully) I found that I was far south of zychion... which means that I flew across more than half of eudoria north to south.

ok old logout problem

if i do normal(wating 20 seconds) log out my system freezes in full screen

ill have to use windowed mode till its fixed

other wise i also randomly have disappearing tps and tp to underwater.

When i logged in yesterday in window mode, the HUD from the mining tool appeared appeared on my screen, just like i was mining.

Someone was mining in the area and somehow i think it was their HUD that showed up on my screen.

Then it turned off and never showed again.

Glitch where you cant select any mobs in 3rd person (not in aim mode) but you can see them in aim mode. this makes looting dead things impossible (even with loot hotkey i tried it)

Easiest way to get around it is logging or going into aim mode, then leaving it by pressing space and left clicking and right clicking alot when the body is selected :D

i have the very same stupid one it is really annoying and makes it bloody hard to loot stuff

This is a big one, I was swimming around atlas haven and was having trouble getting out of the water (hadn't yet realized that some cliffs were unclimbable) so after I tried jumping out repeatedly, I found a less steep place, suddenly my avatar started waliking, not forwards... but straight up into the sky, eventually after reaching a height where I couldn't see eudoria, I started to freefall. I checked my altitude around 5 minutes after I started falling... and was 2432m above the ground. The height was likely more in the 10k range at the highest point. After I landed (quite gracefully) I found that I was far south of zychion... which means that I flew across more than half of eudoria north to south.

This would be cool to reproduce migt be a cool hobby until i can go hunt ... Competiotions for who flys the largest way ...

Here is my list so far:

Graphics settings dont save when you exit. Windowed mode defaults to 1024x768 on every logon.

'grass' items drastically change their appearance even at short distances. They also render at odd angles, and appear to be flowing mid air, in many many many places.

Cant climb moderate inclines, let alone mountains, extremely annoying. Going down moderate to steep inclines is very slow as well.

Extremely 'laggy' auction interface. Having to click twice for every action, one to select the action and once to active it. For instance to get to the next page of an auction listing, you have to click the arrow twice for every single page. The first mouse click wont use the button or other element it selects it, then you need to click a second time to actually use it. Very annoying. EDIT: found out this is due tot he loading bar that pops up, every tiem it does it steals focus from the window, and you have to click something int he window to give it back focus. So this causes you to have to double click every time you get the loading bar, very annoying.

Inventory items have changed sizes, many of them back to their old sizes from several years ago. All the small items take up more inventory squares now. Many of the graphics also seem like the old style icons as well, but im not sure.

Camera bounces when you rotate it in confined spaces, like in a mobile terminal building.

Hold right mouse button + move mouse doesn't move the camera, like pretty much every other game uses.

Couldn't create target bars after playing for a few minutes. When first logging in i can create target bars in first and 3rd person. As soon as i kill a few creatures i can no longer make target bars, or click on creatures to target them. Im not sure what act causes it. This is for creatures, terminals, or any other object.

Had difficulty looting corpses when i couldn't make target bars. I could only loot the corpse if i was in first person, and mouse look mode, and had my cross hairs directly over the corpse, and then hit the right mouse button. Any other method of trying to loot i tried didn't work.

Jumping off of elevated objects causes you to get stuck when you land, you aren't able to move. After awhile it will finally let you move again.

Item view attachments bug: When you click on an item with an attachment, then click on the attachment, then click on the auction data button. It shows you the auction data for the parent item not the attachment. The item data updates when you click on the attachment, but the buttons still interact with the root item not the attachment on the item.

Run/walk is reset to walk every time you die, and every time you log in.

Map doesn't save position correctly near the right and left edges of the screen. If you hang the sub windows off the sides of the screen, it bounceds back in view on next open. Doesn't matter if the sub windows are open or closed, it still boucnes back as if they were open.

Map: Mouse clicks fall through the mouse zoom in/out buttons. Double clicks on the buttons will move the map to that location. Happens a lot if you dont realize you are fully zoomed in or out, or if you want to zoom multiple times fast. If you click twice fast you will get the position change instead of a zoom.

Chat window seems to bounce to the bottom of the screen as well. I would position it above the bottom so the window doesnt move itself whenever you open the typing box to speak. Whenveri would crash and log back in it would be moved back to the bottom of the screen again. BTW that moving window when you open the type area is extremely annoying, it shouldnt move the window arround. We need a way to keep that typing box open at a times regardless if you are typing or not. The current method is akward. Also need to be able to resize the window from any border or corner. Windows wher eyou can only resize from the bottom right corner are annoying, since it usually takes several moves and resizes to get it where you want it. Instead of just 1 or 2 simple resizes fromt he corners you actually want to move.

Last edited:
I experienced the no change resolution bug until I figured it out when trying on another computer with different screen resolution in windows.

Seems the game starts in the desktop resolution when going fullscreen.

When I altered the screen resolution to a lower setting in Windows on my main box the game started in that one.

Back