VU 15 - "improvement" to decrease the MU even more aka eat some shrapnel, suckers

That is a note from Kim..
There's just no way that could ever happen. Its true that some items such as the mod fap should never have been introduced in the first place but now that they are here we cant alter them in such a way as it would completely erode the confidence players have for investing in their avatar, plus the fact that its a fundamentally flawed approach. What we can do to limit the effect of such items on the economy as a whole is to do things like item upgrade quests where two items can make one better etc, but on a completely voluntary basis.

Your word is bxxxsxxt if you remeber what MA did with the Portable TP- teleporters who MA forced the players to sell back to MA for 5000 peds, i remeber that a old player in here wrote about that here in the forum so whay dont force the players to sell back this Mod-Faps now.....

That post doesn't state an opinion but deconstructs Gewitters arguments. Ah, one of my very first posts, but I think we are friends now. :yup:

I now realize that the loot update was bad. I thought it would have been great; the idea behind it seemed so; but from what I have heard and experienced it all went in the wrong direction.

Have other planets adopted the change?

On Arkadia there's shrapnel in loot, but it doesn't have the uniformity in other loot that Calypso had.

On Caly, if you hunt the same mob, you'll end up with may 7-12 different items and only one type of oil, but on Arkadia, it feels like you get a good 15-25 items and two or three oils on the same mob.

4) There are now hard caps in place on all the "shared" stackables such as oils so in a way they are already affected. I expect they will adjust their loot lists accordingly in order to avoid spamming hunters with 30 small item stacks per mob.

does this mean hunters who get an ATH with no item will receive a limited/capped amount of stackables with markup, and all the rest in ammo/shrapnel only?...

while miners and crafters are not limited by this sort of markup cap?
(or are they? I have extremely limited knowledge of mining/crafting)

that doesn't seem balanced... am I getting this wrong? :scratch2:

On Arkadia there's shrapnel in loot, but it doesn't have the uniformity in other loot that Calypso had.
On Caly, if you hunt the same mob, you'll end up with may 7-12 different items and only one type of oil, but on Arkadia, it feels like you get a good 15-25 items and two or three oils on the same mob.
I was being sarcastic, they didn't adopt it. Nor does the other changes mentioned make any sense.

does this mean hunters who get an ATH with no item will receive a limited/capped amount of stackables with markup, and all the rest in ammo/shrapnel only?...
while miners and crafters are not limited by this sort of markup cap?
(or are they? I have extremely limited knowledge of mining/crafting)
that doesn't seem balanced... am I getting this wrong? :scratch2:
Correct, mining is at a better position with this change, they can still get a hof full with MU. Crafting however has +/- the same no MU in ath's stuff assuming residue stays @ 100.x

I was being sarcastic, they didn't adopt it. Nor does the other changes mentioned make any sense.

Correct, mining is at a better position with this change, they can still get a hof full with MU. Crafting however has +/- the same no MU in ath's stuff assuming residue stays @ 100.x

I will take aside crafting, just want to ask you:

StuffTTMU
Force Nexus157.11103
Putty47.19250
Iolite24106
Garcen103.4109
Igni30.1126
Dianth54.9171
Typo178.05118
Narc91.92114
Antimagnetic7108
Copper371.04112
NIks206.7116
Fire Root8.7111
Acid Root40.32110
Alferix45.6119

Real data, real run.

Care to tell me avg MU here? By the way - run was nice, 10x lvl7 double-dropped amps, 1500ped TT. (without drilling&refining decay and fuel and finder decay is not here too, hehe)

Also, MU is even worse by now. Still, can you calc?

Price keeps going down on residue, last time I checked it was 100.3.

Crafters can however loot some high markup blueprints, even though they are extremely rare unless you condition click expensive weapon/attachment bps.

I guess the reason is purely number of mob types, as calypso has much larger range of mobs less loot types per mob.
Other planets drop shrapnel, but loot mix has to be spread over less creature variety i guess.

I will take aside crafting, just want to ask you:

StuffTTMU
Force Nexus157.11103
Putty47.19250
Iolite24106
Garcen103.4109
Igni30.1126
Dianth54.9171
Typo178.05118
Narc91.92114
Antimagnetic7108
Copper371.04112
NIks206.7116
Fire Root8.7111
Acid Root40.32110
Alferix45.6119

Real data, real run.

Care to tell me avg MU here? By the way - run was nice, 10x lvl7 double-dropped amps, 1500ped TT. (without drilling&refining decay and fuel and finder decay is not here too, hehe)

Well that is roughly 120% avg MU. When i compare it to recent hunting i got 105% for the last 8.5k PED cycled excluding Ammo ( including crapnel, though ). So it is still a good difference there. I don't want to demotivate me even more with calculating it including ammo, as this is already demotivating enough.

every (~90% return) hunting run has around 1/2 of crapnel, and all hofs come in crapnel only these days - guess what this does to the average MU% considering that the other half is usually also 103% or so. There is however one thing where mining is worse, most don't have an option of 0% MU on amps since they are so rare.

Maybe MA should go full circle and put PED in loot again. Those shiny shiny golden PED coins :tongue2:

If you knew game design you would know that was a good thing.. just saying :)

I remember that I asked If I could quote you on this in a few months. I could even have done in before and it would fit :p It seems that I'm not the one that lack game design knowledge ^^

every (~90% return) hunting run has around 1/2 of crapnel, and all hofs come in crapnel only these days - guess what this does to the average MU% considering that the other half is usually also 103% or so. There is however one thing where mining is worse, most don't have an option of 0% MU on amps since they are so rare.

So I will enlighten you a bit.

1) Compared to hunt - in mining you can't loot "elite MU" (UL AMPs is the same as you could loot modfaps in hunt), ARK's treasure is a bit different, and I can't call it even mining, tho you using mining tools for getting TT-food.

2) HOFs in mining is 90% of shit. Now it's 99.9% of shit.

3) Currently (thank you MA for Explosive Blueprints, you won!) due to 100.3% of metal residue - smart crafters doesn't click it. They buying by orders, which resulting for them it's even cheaper, thanks to AH systems when you can't put precise price. So crafters getting metal res even more cheaper than AH lowest listing, even more cheaper than you think. Thanks to idiots clicking explo BP.

4) "flagman" (L) amps (5,7,8) is now close to residue price due to lowest metal res price ever. As a result of metal res price - even lvl13 amps is 120%, but it's not only about metal res. It's about cheap resources too, and it's about that Koteg skilled at last till lvl13 crafting. Before we had "lvl13 cartel" - now there is concurrency.

Remember Midas? Koteg is a bit different - which stuff he touch - it's converting to shit.

5) Guess what? Now unamped miners who can use only (UL) gear and they mostly ecofags - fucked too. Because there is almost no difference between amps MU and unamped mining.

6) On top of that - add my 80% avg return on HALF YEAR scale and share my feeling.

i gave a warning shot about a year ago... let's talk again in 6-12 months

Even when I wasn't playing I still read forums and always thought some of your posts were on the negative side but now being back in game it's easy to see where you were coming from. What's most sad is the lack of presence from anyone at MA or Calypso here on forums at all. Let's face it the time has come they didn't a shit before and now they care even less. They never listen to the players. When my company does a job we do it the way the customer requests they would like to see it done. Yes we give suggestions and ideas but ultimately you listen to your customer so that in the end you get future business and they are happy. It's clear MA customers are unhappy at least the majority of them.

Reactions: das

I gave a warning shot a few years ago... even then there seemed to be a steady effort by MA to decrease markup in loot.

Sadly enough, only MA can fix it..

Sadly enough, only MA can fix it..

For all we know das this might be their intention. Will they lose players? Of course. It almost seems like they are trying to weed out the ones who play but don't deposit. Every new VU they implement something that will require players to deposit more often. The only players that aren't hugely affected are traders because they can make changes to survive. However for hunters, crafters and miners it is becoming very difficult to break even/profit in the long term. They might be thinking that the players who they consider valuable are the ones who deposit anyway. Just a thought.

For all we know das this might be their intention. Will they lose players? Of course. It almost seems like they are trying to weed out the ones who play but don't deposit. Every new VU they implement something that will require players to deposit more often. The only players that aren't hugely affected are traders because they can make changes to survive. However for hunters, crafters and miners it is becoming very difficult to break even/profit in the long term. They might be thinking that the players who they consider valuable are the ones who deposit anyway. Just a thought.

How many will keep depo'ing if there is no chance of success? Everything is a balance.
Also, not depo'ing doesn't mean you don't pay MA
I used to be able to break even with 92% TT return while selling everything on ingame auction

How many will keep depo'ing if there is no chance of success? Everything is a balance.
Also, not depo'ing doesn't mean you don't pay MA
I used to be able to break even with 92% TT return while selling everything on ingame auction

All very valid points. I think there's one thing that everyone in this game can agree on. We all want to see the game grow and succeed. Even the best businesses in the world have gone through hard times. There's one thing successful companies do to get through the hardships. They make sacrifices. They work longer hours for less pay to make sure their customers aren't affected. I wish MA would adopt this concept. Just because Mindark is failing to grow this game and take it to the next level doesn't mean you make your customers pay the price. You are failing as a company so it's your responsibility to own up and accept it. Work your ass off until you find something that works.

Back