VU 8.12 bugs

Im just gonna wait till they fix it all.I havnt had any serious issues except the cant see item info from tt terminal and a few glitches,but I sure dont wanna see any of the other ones Im seeing in the forums.My MA time has dropped massivly for now.Boycott.........They'll fix it quicker than shit.

I'm with you on that one. Just downloaded new video drivers and font still blurry with lines running through inventory and other screens. Chat works ok but can't get info on any items or avatar stats, just vertical lines.

See you next VU.

Signing out.
Jeff.

logging in the first time after the VU, my justi with amp and laser where gone. had the icon for it in the qb, but not in inventory. It came back about two hours later though.
Then I was gonna relogg and couldn't get back online for an hour...
And now 2k of basic bearings is missing, and I can't even see them on my item list :scratch2:
Ok, was pretty tired last night, but there's no way in hell that i TT'ed them :mad:

Missing plates still not found but thats the small problem
I cannot login at all now, keep getting the avatar is already logged on msg. :mad:

Hmmm... Lots of Hof's in 30 secs, lots of bugs... The ages of Pre-gold are upon us!

I'm with you on that one. Just downloaded new video drivers and font still blurry with lines running through inventory and other screens. Chat works ok but can't get info on any items or avatar stats, just vertical lines.

The newest driver is not always the best one especially when you don´t have the newest video card. E.g. my old Geforce 4 TI worked best with the 6693 (or something like that, don´t know exactly anymore...).

Discovered another bug this morning. Two of us were crafting at the same machine and whenever the other guy got a global I couldn't click the manufacture button or was constantly stuck processing.

Also, the start/stop chat button is driving me nuts. I keep clicking in chat by mistake and can't get out again without typing a . or something else useless

Another stupid idea by MA. To skill coloring you know have...

- equip with coloring tool
- go to clothes
- drag and drop item
- go to colours
- drag and drop color
- color
- unequip colorer
- go to tools
- put bleacher on colorer
- equip with colorer and bleacher
- go to clothes
- drag and drop item
- bleach
- unequip coloring tool
- go to tool
- unequip bleacher from colorer
- equip with coloring tool
- go to colors
- drag and drop colors

do this for a million times and you can color black... LOL!

What a stupid change and even more expensive when clothes decay while coloring. MA stop bothering us and please don´t treat us like assholes. This makes no sense at all!

Until this vu I didnt need to unequip the bleacher, it didnt decay if it was on when colouring. Of course, it decays now. Why change it? what was the point?

Until this vu I didnt need to unequip the bleacher, it didnt decay if it was on when colouring. Of course, it decays now. Why change it? what was the point?

I think point was reduce bleacher decay , and increase clothe decay.
This could alow taillor , to use hight TT clothe to skill on for cheap , and ressell the clothe.
This is very usefull for tailor that make a hof on hight lvl clothe , because its easyer to sell a 10 ped bustier than the 70 one...

But , in the end , and somhow , like usual , its bugged...

I think point was reduce bleacher decay , and increase clothe decay.
This could alow taillor , to use hight TT clothe to skill on for cheap , and ressell the clothe.
This is very usefull for tailor that make a hof on hight lvl clothe , because its easyer to sell a 10 ped bustier than the 70 one...

But , in the end , and somhow , like usual , its bugged...

The bit I was asking about was why make the bleacher decay when colouring. I can understand the bit about making clothes decay, always thought it a bonus that it didn't. The pay off on halvng the bleaching costs is a nice pay-off for the clothes decay, a very favourable change for the colour skiller. Shame it didn't work.
But to increase all the required keystrokes to this level is incomprehensible. It better be a bug. If this is an 'MA enhancement', well....

When I try to scan someone I crash :/

fap issue

while killing a mob with rifle or pistol, you press your shorcutted keyboard key for access the fap and nothing happens, no weapon unequip.... no matter how many times you press your shortcut key will not change, unless you make a step forward or sideways , THEN you can equip it

happened to me since vu and A LOT of times

is a really nasty bug mainly if the mob near killed you already

anyone found this one too?

Cant say Ive run into that either...Lag maby??:scratch2:

8.12 Content list said:
A bug causing avatars' waists to disappear with certain garment configurations has been fixed.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

nice fix there MA

(didnt have this before, i just got it now ^^)

But to increase all the required keystrokes to this level is incomprehensible. It better be a bug. If this is an 'MA enhancement', well....

what you mean ?

in bug , i get most message 2 time , like when i get in a land...

team chat and soc chat have often a very big delay , and lots of trade i did today was " internal eror" ...

while killing a mob with rifle or pistol, you press your shorcutted keyboard key for access the fap and nothing happens, no weapon unequip.... no matter how many times you press your shortcut key will not change, unless you make a step forward or sideways , THEN you can equip it

happened to me since vu and A LOT of times

is a really nasty bug mainly if the mob near killed you already

anyone found this one too?

I had this bug all the time on the last VU but actually about the only one I don't have on this one.... yet! I do now have Fap sound lag though.

what you mean ?

I think, though please correct me if I'm wrong, that Mengoth is referring to the fact that you have to remove the bleacher before colouring an item and replace it back on the colourator after to bleach the item again due to getting decay on the bleacher too while just colouring. How can an attached bleacher decay when you're only colouring as it's not being used?! I have mine set up on hotkeys so I guess I would have to have one colourator with bleacher attached and one without and switch that way but this will still cause problems as I will have a new colouring box and inventory opening on each change over. For now I've just stopped colouring!

Last edited:
Invisble Umbras

Had this interesting bug happen. At first the umbras I could see, but then they put on their cloaking devices and became invisble.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

This sounds very sarcastic, but it's not. It's an honest question. Does MA even take a minute of time to test and make sure a VU works and is free of any major bugs before apply it... or will we always be the test subjects. This VU has been the most frustrating and buggiest VU that i've experienced. It'd be nice if they'd take a few minutes to just make sure things worked.

My response may also come across as sarcastic, but also isn't :)

Whenever I see someone ask a question like that, I can definitely tell they don't work in software development!

While I can't speak for MA directly, I can speak from my personal experience. The company I work at now has a rather extensive SA team, who spend extreme amounts of time testing everything they can think of in the application before giving it a clean bill of health to go out for public release. Sometimes, it can be over a month from the time the developers prepare the update until it is considered stable enough to release to the public.

The problem is that we can't just wait until EVERYTHING is fixed, even though we would like to. We are under pressure from both our users and our investors to put out an upgraded product. And we DO try, very hard, to make sure everything works as well as possible. How hard? Well, try averaging 10-14 hours/day with no weekends for 3-4 weeks during a release cycle.

And still, no matter what we do, when it finally makes it into the public's hands, there are bugs. Sometimes they are things that we overlooked, sometimes things we never considered, sometimes things that we never even imagined trying.

And yes, if I didn't work in this business, I would probably feel the same way as you.

Having the perspective I now have, I must say that I have a great deal of respect for MA and what they do - it is not at all easy to maintain the code they have, to constantly add upgrades and fix bugs, and still maintain a stable & usable game.

PS - lest anyone somehow get a wrong impression: by no means would I suggest keeping quiet about bugs, or not hollering about the bad ones - otherwise, they'll never get fixed!

OK - Off my soapbox. Time to check out the patch :)

Having the perspective I now have, I must say that I have a great deal of respect for MA and what they do - it is not at all easy to maintain the code they have, to constantly add upgrades and fix bugs, and still maintain a stable & usable game.

I quite agree though on the other hand a lot of these bugs were encountered in less than 1 hour of being in game (1 min in my case lol) so should've surely been picked up? Obviously I don't know if it's possible (not being involved in coding, server setups etc.) but couldn't MA possibly select say 50 players covering all the disciplines in game to test a new VU for them before it goes 'live' to find and report the bugs so they can be fixed rather than using the whole playerbase as guinea pigs?

Seeing how bugged I am this VU I'd be delighted to help out! :D

The new Televator num pad is not bad but you can not (or at least i did not manage to do it) go to lvl 0 via the numpad ... you have to click it down to 0 because if you click 0 it gets added to the actual number and as that would be more than levels available you get lvl23 or so
Should be different i guess

I quite agree though on the other hand a lot of these bugs were encountered in less than 1 hour of being in game (1 min in my case lol) so should've surely been picked up?

You would think :)
It's really hard to say - when you're inundated with literally hundreds of bugs, it's very easy to let a few slip by, thinking that you've fixed something when you really haven't.

Obviously I don't know if it's possible (not being involved in coding, server setups etc.) but couldn't MA possibly select say 50 players covering all the disciplines in game to test a new VU for them before it goes 'live' to find and report the bugs so they can be fixed rather than using the whole playerbase as guinea pigs?

While a good idea, that could be quite impractical - the infrastructure involved in setting up live test servers, that would use live data, but would only be accessible to some, would be quite complex.

And even if you test it in that situation, it's still not the LIVE game/application - and the live environment will never be exactly the same as any test environment you create.

Remember, too, that often the pressure to put a release out is coming from somwhere else - particularly investors who want to see SOMETHING happening, even if it's buggy.

Dunno if this has been said yet, but when you scan someone, it only shows the name they are displaying, so most of the time it is not the full avatar name. Bug or Feature?

Dunno if this has been said yet, but when you scan someone, it only shows the name they are displaying, so most of the time it is not the full avatar name. Bug or Feature?

i've seen that too, looks like a feature to me.. oh well MA knows better :laugh:

Its a feature to help those noobs in PA. If you can´t read the full name on a scan, there is no way to report a Scammer anymore. So MA-Support has more time to protect the poor noobs from the REAL SCAMMERS who try to run Banks...

The new Televator num pad is not bad but you can not (or at least i did not manage to do it) go to lvl 0 via the numpad ... you have to click it down to 0 because if you click 0 it gets added to the actual number and as that would be more than levels available you get lvl23 or so
Should be different i guess

Hit the backspace or delete key to select level 0 ;)

Took me a few goes to find that one! :laugh:

JC

You forgot having to split 100's or 1000's of paint tins into piles of 1 or 10 or 20 as well which is incredibly time consuming :rolleyes:

I'm now so close to Umber but tempted to just give up entirely. How can we possibly run a business like this??! I guess we have to have so many colourers with and without a bleacher. I already have 6 so I don't have to keep repairing them as I work from my apt so I guess now I need 12 to have 6 of each! :mad:

Im finally close to pink but I have given up - just can't afford to waste the time and ped on it anymore :(

Support case has been logged

When we buy something from the tt like ammo or bombs/probes but if we buy a bit more than we wanted, we can't drag it back to the terminal,so we need to abort, get out of the tt view, get it again and make sure we make no mistakes this time,too boring :(

When we buy something from the tt like ammo or bombs/probes but if we buy a bit more than we wanted, we can't drag it back to the terminal,so we need to abort, get out of the tt view, get it again and make sure we make no mistakes this time,too boring :(

I had that problem before the VU too :scratch2: or at least I think so :laugh:

Back