Warning: Tracking isn't logging your misses

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
I noticed the combat log isn't tracking misses since MA decided that "evade" would not hurt our feelings as much. Not complaining, I know it was sprung on you, and time is needed to update it to track properly on EL, but I really just wanted to vent my displeasure at MA for changing shit that has absolutely NO bearing on gameplay or any of the issues that DO need fixing. Good job MA...I am sure our miss rate will be higher until tracking software catches up with it. Then you will lower it back to normal. Thanks.

EDIT: I meant "MA is fooling tracking software with...", that's what the title should be. Mods feel free to change title, I worded it badly.

Last edited:
Good Point, Tracker is not working correctly now when logging shots.

I noticed the combat log isn't tracking misses since MA decided that "evade" would not hurt our feelings as much. Not complaining, I know it was sprung on you, and time is needed to update it to track properly on EL, but I really just wanted to vent my displeasure at MA for changing shit that has absolutely NO bearing on gameplay or any of the issues that DO need fixing. Good job MA...I am sure our miss rate will be higher until tracking software catches up with it. Then you will lower it back to normal. Thanks.

Yeah those sneaky bastards! Correcting the English used so that new players don't get confused when they see "Miss"!!! What CUNTS!.

Seriously. Just fucking seriously. All changes in VU14 have been so massively positive (minus the avatar-chocosphere) how the ABSOLUTE FUCK CAN YOU COMPLAIN.

MA: Here's a product that's better than the previous product!
Sunsout Gunsout: NAH ITS FUCKING SHIT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT WAAAAAAAA
MA: Ohkay :(

Idiots. Absolute, idiots.

Ontop of that we have 2x less skill earned skilling in space, not sure about planet side but all my run today were half what i used to earn yesterday in the same period of time.. (arkadia training ground)
Is this to cover the implementation of the skill booster.. :confused:

Ontop of that we have 2x less skill earned skilling in space, not sure about planet side but all my run today were half what i used to earn yesterday in the same period of time.. (arkadia training ground)
Is this to cover the implementation of the skill booster.. :confused:

Or perhaps it's just fixing the ark/carabok bug which is equivalent to ringskilling with 2201/fap5 all day :girl:

Or perhaps it's just fixing the ark/carabok bug which is equivalent to ringskilling with 2201/fap5 all day :girl:

Space is Space, what happens on ark planet shouldnt affect other area (even in the same server)

Yeah those sneaky bastards! Correcting the English used so that new players don't get confused when they see "Miss"!!! What CUNTS!.

Seriously. Just fucking seriously. All changes in VU14 have been so massively positive (minus the avatar-chocosphere) how the ABSOLUTE FUCK CAN YOU COMPLAIN.

MA: Here's a product that's better than the previous product!
Sunsout Gunsout: NAH ITS FUCKING SHIT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT WAAAAAAAA
MA: Ohkay :(

Idiots. Absolute, idiots.

LOL Wow....he/she getting violent. I love the rest of the changes...you are right they are awesome!!! Here is one for example:

TONS of nerfed skill gains on mobs (carabok, cyclops, old jack, that I noticed) I traveled around, figuring caly would be covered pretty well. (lol cyclops now have half the hp and do twice the damage btw.)

The fact that you say this "All changes in VU14 have been so massively positive" means you are just plain ignorant.

Look, I love the game, and a lot of what they do is great, but a lot isn't, and I will always point out what isn't because HOW THE HELL ELSE WOULD THEY KNOW unless people point it out.

Its not just the carobok skill gains. They dropped the levels and skill gains on many mobs. Do your damn homework before you talk, kid.

Last edited:
Its not just the carobok skill gains. The dropped the levels and skill gains on many mobs. Do you damn homework before you talk, kid.

They* dropped the levels and Your* damn homework. Seems like someone else needs schooling.

The carabok was an "example" - not sure if you've come across this word.

The whole point of MA rebalancing the levels was to prevent such random bugs coming up - such as it being more worthwhile to skill on carabok - which should never have existed in the first place.

The fact that a bug has been removed and you're complaining.. well. Whatev's! :)

Are you talking about pilot skills?

Reactions: das
The fact that a bug has been removed and you're complaining.. well. Whatev's! :)

What are you insinuating? First off, how is it a "bug" if one mob is giving more skill than another? Secondly, as far as the carabok go, I have killed maybe 30-40 total in my entire life. They are too boring and I don't care enough about skill gain to hunt them. I just don't get how you can call it a bug. Please explain...

What are you insinuating? First off, how is it a "bug" if one mob is giving more skill than another? Secondly, as far as the carabok go, I have killed maybe 30-40 total in my entire life. They are too boring and I don't care enough about skill gain to hunt them. I just don't get how you can call it a bug. Please explain...

The carabok were given a higher "level" than they should have been (based on their HP + dmg), so they gave a larger amount of skills per ped than other mobs (a similar "bug" to the merp situation previously). Now they have been balanced so that they are in line with other mobs; i.e.;

More ped cycle = more skill gained. (It's a bug if a mob gives more skill than it should for a certain cost).

That's all, nothing sinister. Those who complain about the balancing are those who are losing out on skills, no more no less :)

The carabok were given a higher "level" than they should have been (based on their HP + dmg), so they gave a larger amount of skills per ped than other mobs (a similar "bug" to the merp situation previously). Now they have been balanced so that they are in line with other mobs; i.e.;

More ped cycle = more skill gained. (It's a bug if a mob gives more skill than it should for a certain cost).

That's all, nothing sinister. Those who complain about the balancing are those who are losing out on skills, no more no less :)

I just don't get it...if they made it that way on purpose, for however long they decided to leave it alone, then they modify it, how is it a bug? Is it a bug if one day the rig starts dropping twice as much oil for a month, then it goes back to normal? Is it a bug when I got 3 Spartacus parts from 3 small armax in 1 hour, when the other 8k I have killed never dropped it? Those spart drops weren't listed on Entropedia! "OMG it must be a bug why I got them!" (It happened right after all the new guns were introduced.) The game does what MA tells it to do. Those things this game does, that is TOLD to do, inherently can NOT be bugs. They are simply decisions implemented and then changed. Not bugs.

I do understand that the carabok were disproportionate, so were Old Jack, that's why they are now L59 instead of 72, they have more regen, and their average loot is smaller. But they certainly weren't "bugged" before the change. Me and most of the other few hunters that hunted them, lost on them, about the same as any other mob.

Last edited:
Is this information posted somewhere? Or did you find it out yourself?

I was in greece today and killed 2 types....in hoplite, brontes or arges never hit me for more than about 22, now they hit for over 50 occasionally. The arges got easier tho, but brontes got harder. I used to not have to heal for a brontes til they were dead, but now I have to heal at least one full health bar during the fight. Didn't try stereopes tho.

I would say they their hp has been adjusted down to about 75% of what it was, but their damage definitely doubled. (I said half before, but it was maybe closer to 75%....I didn't track it exactly though)

I will update the client today when I get home from work. :)

Thanks Starfinder, much appreciated! That should make data collection a lot easier :)

? Is it a bug when I got 3 Spartacus parts from 3 small armax in 1 hour, when the other 8k I have killed never dropped it? Those spart drops weren't listed on Entropedia! "OMG it must be a bug why I got them!" (It happened right after all the new guns were introduced.) The game does what MA tells it to do. Those things this game does, that is TOLD to do, inherently can NOT be bugs. They are simply decisions implemented and then changed. Not bugs.

Those drop rates are in fact a bug that they never fixed... Ask any oldtimer about how it works when something new is added to the loot pool. I can give you the answer tho but I'm not sure you will acknowledge it when it comes from me.. I can give you some recent examples tho;

-Baringer guns from RT instances rained in the start
-Lion parts from Caly instances rained in the start
-Arkadian ul sib taggers rained in the start
-Regen chips rained from random Eomon in the start

All these where possible to get within 15-20k peds (most far less) cycled in the start but if you try for 150-200k you would be lucky to get one :p

Those drop rates are in fact a bug that they never fixed... Ask any oldtimer about how it works when something new is added to the loot pool. I can give you the answer tho but I'm not sure you will acknowledge it when it comes from me.. I can give you some recent examples tho;

-Baringer guns from RT instances rained in the start
-Lion parts from Caly instances rained in the start
-Arkadian ul sib taggers rained in the start
-Regen chips rained from random Eomon in the start

All these where possible to get within 15-20k peds (most far less) cycled in the start but if you try for 150-200k you would be lucky to get one :p

Yeah I do know about those things..maybe that's how they WANT to introduce new items. They don't always do it like that do they? (The red banana at the end of robot event, the MM hedoc at end of MM...was it bugged cuz MA made those drop at the END of event? Hardly....why is it a bug if they all drop at beginning then?) But those are big things. In my example, it is much more mundane, just as skill gains on carabok are mundane compared to those things you list. A few globals in a row had L spart in it. 3 pieces of L spart is hardly a bug...trust me I hunted them for days after that and never found more. Just like carabok giving good skills for a year is hardly a bug either. I guess what I am saying is Aio is calling something a bug that ISN'T one. That bothers me for some reason...I don't know. It's not a bug if certain mobs are better to skill on...they change it up and even it out so all the planets have some sometimes. They took it away from ARK, but it will pop up somewhere else. I like it, I like finding mobs that give good skill. Calling it a bug makes it sound worse than it really was. Thats all.

Last edited:
Yeah I do know about those things..maybe that's how they WANT to introduce new items. They don't always do it like that do they? (The red banana at the end of robot event, the MM hedoc at end of MM...was it bugged cuz MA made those drop at the END of event? Hardly....why is it a bug if they all drop at beginning then?) But those are big things. In my example, it is much more mundane, just as skill gains on carabok are mundane compared to those things you list. A few globals in a row had L spart in it. 3 pieces of L spart is hardly a bug...trust me I hunted them for days after that and never found more. Just like carabok giving good skills for a year is hardly a bug either. I guess what I am saying is Aio is calling something a bug that ISN'T one. That bothers me for some reason...I don't know. It's not a bug if certain mobs are better to skill on...they change it up and even it out so all the planets have some sometimes. They took it away from ARK, but it will pop up somewhere else. I like it, I like finding mobs that give good skill. Calling it a bug makes it sound worse than it really was. Thats all.

Because even MA knows about it so they don't add 10 bananas at once they add them manually. Really this is so easy to spot on new UL/L items that I'm surprised that you even bother to discuss it :p

And yeah why should carabook have that advantage? I'd say it's a bug when it is a mob like that. If it was a mob that involved higher stakes I could agreed with you that it could be like that but carabook skill gains is basically the same as levi before nerf. It's not just in balance with the rest of the game and needed adjustment.

absolutely NO bearing on gameplay

1) Much better psychologically.
2) Makes more sense that an enemy would evade an attack at 2 meter range than that you would miss.

I was in greece today and killed 2 types....in hoplite, brontes or arges never hit me for more than about 22, now they hit for over 50 occasionally. The arges got easier tho, but brontes got harder. I used to not have to heal for a brontes til they were dead, but now I have to heal at least one full health bar during the fight. Didn't try stereopes tho.

I would say they their hp has been adjusted down to about 75% of what it was, but their damage definitely doubled. (I said half before, but it was maybe closer to 75%....I didn't track it exactly though)

Cool. Thanks for the info. I might just have to make a trip this weekend.

I'm certain that changing "miss" to "evade" took several weeks worth of working hours for the guys that normally work on bug fixes. With that in mind I completely understand your angst.

How much time programming wise do you think it took to change from Miss to Evade?
It takes about;
if=0
display 'Miss'.

Well, yeah.. thats pretty much it.. Change the word there to Evade and voila! It took you more time to make your head post in this thread? :S..

And, comon.. you cant say that it dont affect gameplay? If so, you dont have any idea about how many times i've stood face to face with an Araneatrox and got a "miss" and I've tought "How the hell.. It's right there.. How the HELL could I miss that?!.. So yeah, its a simple line of coding and it adds to the gameplay..

I personally find it petty to whine about the change in message from "Miss" to "Evade" when I'm no longer losing ammo unnecessarily when shots truly miss due to a mob's hitbox briefly disappearing or a wasted shot goes into the air or ground. I'm certainly happy for that change.

Makes more sense that an enemy would evade an attack at 2 meter range than that you would miss.

Before there was no MISS,
but you were not playing, so you can not know...

Call it the way you want, MISS, EVADE or BLABLABLA,
That's just a rip-off, and nothing else.

1) Much better psychologically.
2) Makes more sense that an enemy would evade an attack at 2 meter range than that you would miss.

Ya know...this post was in the proper category because I wanted to inform people that MA stopped tracker from working by switching the wording from "miss" to "evade". I posted it right when I found out, so people who run it all the time weren't suprised when their 1000 ped hunt cycle failed to track misses. It was a valid reason to post (tho it was probably poorly titled...my intent was to say that the change fools the system into giving 100% hit results in tracker) However, that's what it's purpose was, and by reading starfinders post, that's what it accomplished.

My secondary personal feelings about bullshit "misses" or "evade" or whatever you want to call them, that I added to the end of it is simply opinion, and if you keep going around neg-repping people who have different opinions, we'll...good luck. You must be handing out tons of them then. That's like neg-repping someone because you don't like their signature. If opinions can't be shared here, wtf is the point?

Edit: I didn't even neg-rep you back. You know why? Because I respect people and am open to opinions different than mine. And I can differ in my opinion with them without resorting to some unilateral vindictive reputation disparagement because I am not weak.

Last edited:
If this new EVADE is now calculated from mob stats and mob AI - then that is 100% legitimate.

If this new EVADE has nothing to do with AI or mobs stats - then it is faked via a simple "text" change.

....and we all know which one it is.

Back