Warning: Tracking isn't logging your misses

One last thing to all you people that think "evade" is some new special thing. It is still a "miss" AND CALLING IT EVADE IS TOTAL BULLSHIT! You know why? When you used to miss your first shot at a mob, he just stands there and doesn't agro...but now if you miss, it says the mob "evaded" your shot...REALLY??? THEN WHY IS HE STILL STANDING THERE NOT DOING SHIT?

If he evaded it, he should be aware of you and agro'ing, but nope. He just stands there like you don't exist. Changing the name is the dumbest thing I ever seen, anyone who says it makes more sense for new players to understand is a blind dimwit.

From the VU notes:
"When in combat, the text “MISS” has been changed to “EVADE”. These messages will be further refined in a later release to more accurately indicate the actual outcome of each attack attempt and provide better information to participants."

So, indeed.. "EVADE" is CURRENTLY just a replacement for "MISS". And MindArk WRITES that.... But they also say the message will be refined in the future - so, why all the speculation if its evade or misses?

When you used to miss your first shot at a mob, he just stands there and doesn't agro...but now if you miss, it says the mob "evaded" your shot...REALLY??? THEN WHY IS HE STILL STANDING THERE NOT DOING SHIT?

Good point, I gotta give that one to you. ;)

From the VU notes:
"When in combat, the text “MISS” has been changed to “EVADE”. These messages will be further refined in a later release to more accurately indicate the actual outcome of each attack attempt and provide better information to participants."

So, indeed.. "EVADE" is CURRENTLY just a replacement for "MISS". And MindArk WRITES that.... But they also say the message will be refined in the future - so, why all the speculation if its evade or misses?

Good point, I gotta give that one to you. ;)

Is there an echo in here? :silly2:

Well, I hate to admit it, but evade makes me less angry than miss, eventhough I know its just a silly replacement for miss... Maybe it will help with player retention and perhaps that is why they did it... Evade is associated with the skill of the mob, as opposed to miss which seems to evoke the players lack of skill.... Maybe MA hired a psychologist....:better:

I am just happy to see that they are refining and working on the game dynamics for hunting. Nothing is more annoying than being maxed out in a weapon and seeing 5 misses in a row. The AI and level of a mob should produce different results and it may take some time to perfect instituting the code and keeping things balanced. Knowing that they are working on this and are very clear about it in the information release makes me look forward to the VU's that are coming up. I enjoy reading every ones take on the subject but would say to give them a chance to get it rolling before coming up with any final conclusions. I do know that they follow the forums and any ideas to help improve the system could be taken from the posts.. so as far as ideas go let it rain!

Salty~

I am just happy to see that they are refining and working on the game dynamics for hunting. Nothing is more annoying than being maxed out in a weapon and seeing 5 misses in a row. The AI and level of a mob should produce different results and it may take some time to perfect instituting the code and keeping things balanced. Knowing that they are working on this and are very clear about it in the information release makes me look forward to the VU's that are coming up. I enjoy reading every ones take on the subject but would say to give them a chance to get it rolling before coming up with any final conclusions. I do know that they follow the forums and any ideas to help improve the system could be taken from the posts.. so as far as ideas go let it rain!

Salty~

Remember also that MA are running a business. You cannot have a system which applies skill giving zero misses; as therefore profit would be rife for anyone with an appreciable amount of skills. (I.E. You can't have a l1 mob which gives 0 misses to a l100 avatar - as that avatar could make huge profits from that mob).

Agreed it would be nice if the balance could be more intuitive with mob type.. i.e. drones evade more, but have lesser HP and more dmg, to make cost = to multiplierx1; atrox - evade much less, hit much less often but have much higher hp to make cost = multiplierx1.

There obviously should be an upper max limit to hitrate (which there is); it would be nice if this upper max could be... uppered... but MA need to balance the ped recieved vs the amount playing. The more playing, the better the returns (avg.) for everyone.

I am finding several things wrong with changing "miss" to "evade" for any kind of high velocity projectile or energy weapon.
To "Evade" one such you need to be aware of exactly when, or have enough perception and fully intent on the culprit aiming at you, to be able to move before the shot is even fired. THEN it is "Evaded".
If there's is any other reason for a shot to not hit it's target, like lacking in skills, tripping while fireing (all kinds of tripping), target tripping while being fired upon (only the one kind of trippin), moving around too much to keep a steady aim, avatar being under a lot of pressure and not concentrating fully, unforseen circumstances had a tree pop up in front of the target, then it is a "Miss" and not an "Evade".

I can see highly evolved Robots evading shots. I can not see animals doing so under any circumstances. I might buy Calyptians doing so once in a blazing moon.

If MA plan to refine the combat messages there is still no reason to simply exchange "Miss" with "Evade". If doing so for melee weapons I could understand it, but not for high velocity projectile or energy weapons.
As for the
"These messages will be further refined in a later release to more accurately indicate the actual outcome of each attack attempt and provide better information to participants."
they did not actually do any refining so "further refining" is not possible,
they made the current "evade" high velocity shots less accurate than what was before already so making it more accurate again should be easy,
what actual outcome? I thought we got that already with ranged weapons. Miss or hit with x damage done. If planning to add where the hit occured, or how close a miss was, sure, alright, I can dig that, if it has some effect other than just a nice text message. "Opponent was hit for 4.7 Burn Damage in it's left right hindleg" should in all fainess also give the poor animal a reduced speed as well then, or I'd rather not know where it was hit.

Done ranting with a final comment: I am more peeved and upset with seeing any animal "evading" my shot than I ever was seeing me "miss" them.

Cheers

Back