What can you do with a hanger

Wow.. Are ALL those Ships ingame?

I kinda feel something went wrong, a wrong turn or something because those ships look awesome and like some sci-fi programme.. Possibly Eve online but the designs are awesome...
When you look at mankini's and romans and King Kong. and strippers and rabbits and sandals and some other stuff, it feels more like a soap-opera than a sci-fi..
I believe so although I've not seen any of them except the quad-wing on two occasions when I hitched a lift to rocktropia and then back to calypso a day later.

No.
Only four of those are in game. The others are concept art or models from over a decade ago.

I wouldn't go by that graphic as its made by another player and purely arbitrary.
I stand corrected then, I just assumed all the other ship types existed. As to the graphic, it does show the relative size difference between a privateer and quad-wing which tells me that a privateer wouldn't fit in a hangar.

Re the scale question, the best I can do 🤭 insert pic you can just about make out the 2 avatars, ive plopped them on the space pic for scale.
index.php

index.php

Im not on caly otherwise id have added a people scale vs hangar too :D
Blimey those m'ships are huge. Would cover nearly all of PA.

With all this fixation on size I should point out size is somewhat a none issue because in a game assets can be easily resized whenever required. For example if they really wanted to fit a privateer in a hangar and its too big then a hangar could be scaled up in size.

Might have been fun for MA to create a Cruiser for a mission. Something like it's been infested with aliens or robots and you have to fly to it, dock and then explore it looking for/rescuing survivors. It looks big enough to be a proper maze. Note I've still not done that noob robot mission acessed from the TP on Caly.... really should do that some day... but yeh I'm guessing that mission is a bit like what I'm describing aside from the whole actually having to go somewhere in a spaceship thing to start it.

Generally I feel where MA really dropped the ball on space was making it prohibitively expensive for anything other than flying around in. They should have put stuff like asteroids you could explore in zero G a bit like how we swim, with standard level mobs. Also the space combat needs an equivalent of opallo/rubio hunting. Or maybe even something like "space scanning" which could be akin to the scanning for data and selling in Elite.

Hopefully when it comes to Untropia they'll have a 2nd chance to do things right.

index.php

Hi! being a Hangar owner myself I will share some of my thoughts on this topic for what its worth, One cannot do much with a Hangar in its current state, And as large and awesome as they appear on the outside the actual usable space is small and only extends to the interior space. The usable interior area is even smaller then some apartments and houses, I will not go into all the details in regards to interior scale as anyone can find a hanger open to the public and have a look inside and see precisely what i'm describing, And no, The cool looking door to the right of the Trade-Bar is non-functional and is just a wall fixture, And unfortunately it does not lead into a large living quarters area as most visitors seem to assume and why wouldn't they?. The only functionality a Hanger has is providing its owner with their own set of Terminals, Trade, Repair, Auctioneer, Manufacturing, Storage, having these Terminals is great for many obvious reasons, besides the Terminals and having an awesome looking estate a Hangar is useless, Though I am very grateful I was able to purchase a Hangar and that I own such cool looking estate.

In my personal opinion MA made a huge error in design judgment when they separated the Starship (privateer) from the Hangar creating two separate deeds, Now you have Starship owners without a Hangar and Hangar owners with a Starship undoubtedly creating a logistical design nightmare for MA in the future. The only solution I can see is if MA Implements another spaceship design that is tied to and functions together with a Hangar, Maybe something In scale between a Privateer and Firebird with limited range warp capabilities so not to undercut Privateer owners ect.

Finally, The Hangar, What improvements could be made, 1. Making the entire Hagnar and a small area around it usable, So owners can place housing items/shopkeepers ect anywhere they like on the estate, 2. Adding a living quarters area, 3. Adding more functionality, being able to open and close the Hangar bay door, 4. A Revival Terminal so owners could choose to revive back at their Hangar or having a personal teleporter to TP into and out of the Hangar.

I have a feeling that MA has big plans for Hangars, or maybe it's a hope? either way with the Unreal Engine update or even before MA has a lot of interesting ways they could improve upon Hangars so they could be a good investment and something to hold onto, I'm pleased I decided to hold onto my Hangar, because who knows for sure what MA is up to really? And at times it appears like MA doesn't even know what design direction they are headed, exciting times!.

Last edited:
The cool looking door to the right of the Trade-Bar is non-functional and is just a wall fixture, And unfortunately it does not lead into a large living quarters area as most visitors seem to assume and why wouldn't they?.

In my personal opinion MA made a huge error in design judgment when they separated the Starship (privateer) from the Hangar creating two separate deeds, Now you have Starship owners without a Hangar and Hangar owners with a Starship undoubtedly creating a logistical design nightmare for MA in the future.

I have a feeling that MA has big plans for Hangars, or maybe it's a hope? either way with the Unreal Engine update or even before MA has a lot of interesting ways they could improve upon Hangars
Btw, nice post on hangar. Just my opinion on those 3 lines

Yeah, the door is gonna come in implementation when housing really take off. Gonna be fun spending! get ready for it.

Where you see a huge design error, I see a really good pattern. This in fact stimulate economy, investment and that very idea that people will fight to complete the set should they make it work together.

I dunno about big plans but I do think there are plans. When they bring UE5 people, they may want to attract them "build a farm, build a town, build a whatever" type of peoples to invest into the "sim life" aspect of the game.

Hi! being a Hangar owner myself I will share some of my thoughts on this topic for what its worth, One cannot do much with a Hangar in its current state, And as large and awesome as they appear on the outside the actual usable space is small and only extends to the interior space. The usable interior area is even smaller then some apartments and houses, I will not go into all the details in regards to interior scale as anyone can find a hanger open to the public and have a look inside and see precisely what i'm describing, And no, The cool looking door to the right of the Trade-Bar is non-functional and is just a wall fixture, And unfortunately it does not lead into a large living quarters area as most visitors seem to assume and why wouldn't they?. The only functionality a Hanger has is providing its owner with their own set of Terminals, Trade, Repair, Auctioneer, Manufacturing, having these Terminals is great for many obvious reasons, besides the Terminals and having an awesome looking estate a Hangar is useless, Though I am very grateful I was able to purchase a Hangar and that I own such cool looking estate.

In my personal opinion MA made a huge error in design judgment when they separated the Starship (privateer) from the Hangar creating two separate deeds, Now you have Starship owners without a Hangar and Hangar owners with a Starship undoubtedly creating a logistical design nightmare for MA in the future. The only solution I can see is if MA Implements another spaceship design that is tied to and functions together with a Hangar, Maybe something In scale between a Privateer and Firebird with limited range warp capabilities so not to undercut Privateer owners ect.

Finally, The Hangar, What improvements could be made, 1. Making the entire Hagnar and a small area around it usable, So owners can place housing items/shopkeepers ect anywhere they like on the estate, 2. Adding a living quarters area, 3. Adding more functionality, being able to open and close the Hangar bay door, 4. A Revival Terminal so owners could choose to revive back at their Hangar or having a personal teleporter to TP into and out of the Hangar.

I have a feeling that MA has big plans for Hangars, or maybe it's a hope? either way with the Unreal Engine update or even before MA has a lot of interesting ways they could improve upon Hangars so they could be a good investment and something to hold onto, I'm pleased I decided to hold onto my Hangar, because who knows for sure what MA is up to really? And at times it appears like MA doesn't even know what design direction they are headed, exciting times!.

Good to hear from someone who has owned one, but very surprised you can only use some of the interior and not the whole 'landing bay' area.

I feel you just summed up everything that is, and always has been, wrong with Entropia in one sentence.

7poitu.jpg

It also makes no sense having hangars that aren't or can't be used - as hangars. Another point that comes to mind is that it doesn't make sense having hangars at all when they are not needed to get into EU space.

Good to hear from someone who has owned one, but very surprised you can only use some of the interior and not the whole 'landing bay' area.
Yes! the fact that the usable area is so small was a surprise to me also, It would be great if the entire area the Hangar occupies and the Hangar exterior was usable, Meaning I could place Items, decorations, shopkeepers anywhere I like. Though that isn't the case obviously, Again please allow me to be clear I am very grateful I was able to purchase a Hangar and that I own such cool looking estate. If anything, I only feel let down by MindArks design discussions and I having worked in the game industry, And having helped conceptually design and develop Planet Arkadia I should have not been so surprised at how unfinished a Hangar feels and the amount of lost creative design potential that could've been had from the Hangar concept, That isn't an attack on the hard working artists and developers working behind the scenes, It's a management issue, The people at the top of the tower with very little creative insight deciding what's important and what isn't, Based on who knows what? Maybe one day Hangars will be given some much needed attention and development. "I have a feeling that MA has big plans for Hangars, or maybe it's a hope?"

Last edited:
It also makes no sense having hangars that aren't or can't be used - as hangars. Another point that comes to mind is that it doesn't make sense having hangars at all when they are not needed to get into EU space.
Yep! right in the feels! Hangars are just not a priority at this time, Maybe in the distant future?

Yep! right in the feels! Hangars are just not a priority at this time, Maybe in the distant future?
Yes, maybe. Maybe MA will one day come to the conclusion that getting into space by doing a VTOL manoeuvre from almost anywhere doesn't make sense and that instead hangars will be fitted with rocket launch towers.

Yes! the fact that the usable area is so small was a surprise to me also, It would be great if the entire area the Hangar occupies and the Hangar exterior was usable, Meaning I could place Items, decorations, shopkeepers anywhere I like. Though that isn't the case obviously, Again please allow me to be clear I am very grateful I was able to purchase a Hangar and that I own such cool looking estate. If anything, I only feel let down by MindArks design discussions and I having worked in the game industry, And having helped conceptually design and develop Planet Arkadia I should have not been so surprised at how unfinished a Hangar feels and the amount of lost creative design potential that could've been had from the Hangar concept, That isn't an attack on the hard working artists and developers working behind the scenes, It's a management issue, The people at the top of the tower with very little creative insight deciding what's important and what isn't, Based on who knows what? Maybe one day Hangars will be given some much needed attention and development. "I have a feeling that MA has big plans for Hangars, or maybe it's a hope?"
I believe they can be repurposed eventually, hopefully be able to spawn large space vehicles as a feature to spawn or tuck them away into inventory when not in use and not 'floating' around SS like debris, then at least some functuality to investment and what the hell is that door that goes nowhere near bar? lol

Yes, maybe. Maybe MA will one day come to the conclusion that getting into space by doing a VTOL manoeuvre from almost anywhere doesn't make sense and that instead hangars will be fitted with rocket launch towers.
MindArks vehicle concepts were outsourced, Meaning they were created by 3rd party developers, This fact is present in a lot of the 3d assets found within EU unfortunately. From a conceptual design perspective outsourcing can create a very disjointed environment given that one or a team of artists are not working on one specific area with a shared vision on what the environment or things that existed within the world space aesthetically should adhere too, When building and designing Planet Arkadia I and everyone on the team had a shared vision, You can see this design philosophy in Planet Cyrene also, Project Entropia/EU did once follow this design philosophy but it was slowly lost and somewhat abandoned with the move to the Cryengine and the introduction of planet partners, "would you believe there was even going to be a Michael Jackson Planet at one point" talk about cringey, disjointed and not making sense. So no wonder the VTOL makes no logical sense as a spacefaring vessel, "Supposedly" with the update to the Unreal Engine5 MindArk is going to correct this by having a shared visual style "Stylized Realism" something close to the mmorpg Wildstar comes to mind aesthetically, Though there are many other factors that can throw MindArks good design intentions off the rails, one of them being player created content. Who knows how it's going to end up for sure as we the players are all on this roller coaster together just hoping not to get hit in the face with vomit.

Last edited:
I believe they can be repurposed eventually, hopefully be able to spawn large space vehicles as a feature to spawn or tuck them away into inventory when not in use and not 'floating' around SS like debris, then at least some functuality to investment and what the hell is that door that goes nowhere near bar? lol

Yes! that is a good Idea actually. (y);)

MindArks vehicle concepts were outsourced, Meaning they were created by 3rd party developers, This fact is present in a lot of the 3d assets found within EU unfortunately. From a conceptual design perspective outsourcing can create a very disjointed environment given that one or a team of artists are not working on one specific area with a shared vision on what the environment or things that existed within the world space aesthetically should adhere too, When building and designing Planet Arkadia I and everyone on the team had a shared vision, You can see this design philosophy in Planet Cyrene also, Project Entropia/EU did once follow this design philosophy but it was slowly lost and somewhat abandoned with the move to the Cryengine and the introduction of planet partners, "would you believe there was even going to be a Michael Jackson Planet at one point" talk about cringey, disjointed and not making sense. So no wonder the VTOL makes no logical sense as a spacefaring vessel, "Supposedly" with the update to the Unreal Engine5 MindArk is going to correct this by having a shared visual style "Stylized Realism" something close to the mmorpg Wildstar comes to mind aesthetically, Though there are many other factors that can throw MindArks good design intentions off the rails, one out them being player created content. Who knows how it's going to end up for sure as we the players are all on this roller coaster together just hoping not to get hit in the face with vomit.

A Michael Jackson planet!? Never heard of that before - MA must have lost the plot somewhere lol. It's also interesting that they outsourced the vehicle designs, and a lot of other things if you ask me, including a degree of common sense. Surely the whole point of the hangars was to use them to get to the space station, at least if they had launch towers fitted, and from the space station you would then get into a personal spacecraft, mothership and so on.

A Michael Jackson planet!? Never heard of that before - MA must have lost the plot somewhere lol. It's also interesting that they outsourced the vehicle designs, and a lot of other things if you ask me, including a degree of common sense. Surely the whole point of the hangars was to use them to get to the space station, at least if they had launch towers fitted, and from the space station you would then get into a personal spacecraft, mothership and so on.
That's correct! a Michael Jackson planet! I have linked the wiki below, Again so much could be done with the Hangar concept, So many great ideas and so many ways to improve them and their function within the game.

Surely the whole point of the hangars was to use them to get to the space station, at least if they had launch towers fitted, and from the space station you would then get into a personal spacecraft, mothership and so on.
All MindArk would have to do is add a personal teleporter inside a Hangar that can only used by the Hangar owner, Unless the Hangar owner gives permission to other players to use it, Maybe for a small ped cost? So like your idea suggests, The teleporter is used to TP up to a planets space station and back again from a Hangar, and make the Quad-Wing and VTOL only able to launch into space from a planets space station, And of course both vehicles still need a space thruster attached.

Last edited:
That's correct! a Michael Jackson planet! I have linked the wiki below, Again so much could be done with the Hangar concept, So many great ideas and so many ways to improve them and their function within the game.

Not wanting to disrespect the late pop star, it would have been ludicrous for MA or a planet partner to add that as a planet.

All MindArk would have to do is add a personal teleporter inside a Hangar that can only used by the Hangar owner, Unless the Hangar owner gives permission to other players to use it, Maybe for a small ped cost? So like your idea suggests, The teleporter is used to TP up to a planets space station and back again from a Hangar, and make the Quad-Wing and VTOL only able to launch into space from a planets space station, And of course both vehicles still need a space thruster attached.
Yes, I suppose they would be called spaceporters :)

Back