What can you do with a hanger

That's pretty clever how you're able to lure mobs into your hangar, and the pic of the uninvited 'Bristlehog' guests is sort of funny.
If I'm not in game doing the usual hunting, mining or decorating my estates, Then I'm running around trying to find game glitches and bugs or ways to create them, Firstly for laughs and my own enjoyment, Secondly for MindArk, So once glitches and bugs are found and reported MindArk can fix them, One day, When they get around to it lol.

If I'm not in game doing the usual hunting, mining or decorating my estates, Then I'm running around trying to find game glitches and bugs or ways to create them, Firstly for laughs and my own enjoyment, Secondly for MindArk, So once glitches and bugs are found and reported MindArk can fix them, One day, When they get around to it lol.
Seems you're very busy in EU and 'estates' tells me you're somehow making the game work for you. As to game glitches and bugs, lately they seem to be finding me. Such as about a week ago when a dead exo killed me just as I was about to loot it lol. So there's me thinking how can you be retired by a dead mob!

As to game glitches and bugs, lately they seem to be finding me. Such as about a week ago when a dead exo killed me just as I was about to loot it lol. So there's me thinking how can you be retired by a dead mob!
One of the many glitches that haven't been fixed, "Ghost Mobs" encountering Ghost Mobs is fairly frequent and it's actually easy to cause this glitch to happen, I found a way to make it accrue with a 60% accuracy, Purely by accident. I like to hunt fast, aggressive Mobs, Merps, Atrax, Atrox, Argonauts ect, What I will do is run around a location where any of these particular Mobs are found "Atrax for example" and get them to chase my avatar, My avatar can out run most all Mobs, So it's easy to stay ahead of the collected horde without getting hit, When I have collected about 80 or more Mobs I will stop, Let the Mobs surround my avatar, Then open fire with the Mini-Sweeper. My avatar has very high health, Evade and my avatars armor soaks up all the hits usually with minimal decay, If I do this for an hour or more there is a 60% probability that "Ghost Mobs" will appear after killing a huge horde, I will keep getting hit even though there are zero Mobs, To stop getting hit I just use my TP chip and teleport somewhere, Stopping the Ghost Mobs from hitting my avatar or in the very rare occasions that technique doesn't work because of persistent ghosts, hell bent on haunting I just do a quick relog. I personally believe this problem is caused because of the glitchy Cryengine2 engine architecture, The Entropia Universe Planet Development Kit 'EUPDK" is built upon this same architecture and carries over all the same fundamental problems, Though let me be clear, It's just a theory as my skill set is not coding, But having used the Cryengine2/EUPDK extensively I have a strong suspicion that programing architecture is the issue, And if so the issue would be near impossible to fix, Given the Cryengine2 is a glitch filled mess to begine with, Bring on Unreal Engine5.

Seems you're very busy in EU and 'estates' tells me you're somehow making the game work for you.
I get the most entertainment I can from the game, EU is like a sponge I'm twisting to squeeze dry, Every little drop of entertainment is coming out guaranteed.

As for making the game work, Every player in EU has their own way of doing things, I started playing in 2007 So I have had a extremely long time to accumulate stuff and get a good grip on the many systems that make EU work "or not work". And in truth as much as MindArk promotes EU as a free to play mmorpg, I have always considred EU a pay to play system, Though the player is able to set the monetary value of the length of quality play and whether or not those deposits are daily, weekly or monthly ect.

One of the many glitches that haven't been fixed, "Ghost Mobs" encountering Ghost Mobs is fairly frequent and it's actually easy to cause this glitch to happen, I found a way to make it accrue with a 60% accuracy, Purely by accident. I like to hunt fast, aggressive Mobs, Merps, Atrax, Atrox, Argonauts ect, What I will do is run around a location where any of these particular Mobs are found "Atrax for example" and get them to chase my avatar, My avatar can out run most all Mobs, So it's easy to stay ahead of the collected horde without getting hit, When I have collected about 80 or more Mobs I will stop, Let the Mobs surround my avatar, Then open fire with the Mini-Sweeper. My avatar has very high health, Evade and my avatars armor soaks up all the hits usually with minimal decay, If I do this for an hour or more there is a 60% probability that "Ghost Mobs" will appear after killing a huge horde, I will keep getting hit even though there are zero Mobs, To stop getting hit I just use my TP chip and teleport somewhere, Stopping the Ghost Mobs from hitting my avatar or in the very rare occasions that technique doesn't work because of persistent ghosts, hell bent on haunting I just do a quick relog. I personally believe this problem is caused because of the glitchy Cryengine2 engine architecture, The Entropia Universe Planet Development Kit 'EUPDK" is built upon this same architecture and carries over all the same fundamental problems, Though let me be clear, It's just a theory as my skill set is not coding, But having used the Cryengine2/EUPDK extensively I have a strong suspicion that programing architecture is the issue, And if so the issue would be near impossible to fix, Given the Cryengine2 is a glitch filled mess to begine with, Bring on Unreal Engine5.

That could explain it. I must have been hit by a ghost mob, or an invisible one and not by the one I was about to loot. I like your tactic with the mini-sweeper which I don't have yet, so might look it up in auction to see if I'm skilled enough for it.

That could explain it. I must have been hit by a ghost mob, or an invisible one and not by the one I was about to loot.
Technically you were hit by the mob you were about to loot, Due to the weird "ghost mob" glitch, Or maybe the damage was sustained from a mob you killed earlier that became a ghost mob, It's hard to be exactly sure.

I like your tactic with the mini-sweeper which I don't have yet, so might look it up in auction to see if I'm skilled enough for it.
I don't own many guns, But the guns I do own are kickers! meaning they are very good at what they do, Killing stuff! But they are somewhat expensive to buy, The Mini-Sweeper is rare and there are a few variations of it, Even a limited version. I have had my Mini-Sweeper for about 14 years I think?, I honestly can't remember if I bought it off the auction or off a independent seller? The Mini-Sweeper is my favourite gun in my collection I use it for most everything even those nasty little cockroaches that infest my Hangar, I would highly recommend getting one if you can, The gun will serve you well, I took a screen shot of my Mini-Sweeper's stats without enhancers attached, for your convenience.

Technically you were hit by the mob you were about to loot, Due to the weird "ghost mob" glitch, Or maybe the damage was sustained from a mob you killed earlier that became a ghost mob, It's hard to be exactly sure.
That's the conclusion MA support eventually came to and they compensated me for some of the ammo I used up, so they were fairly decent about it.

I don't own many guns, But the guns I do own are kickers! meaning they are very good at what they do, Killing stuff! But they are somewhat expensive to buy, The Mini-Sweeper is rare and there are a few variations of it, Even a limited version. I have had my Mini-Sweeper for about 14 years I think?, I honestly can't remember if I bought it off the auction or off a independent seller? The Mini-Sweeper is my favourite gun in my collection I use it for most everything even those nasty little cockroaches that infest my Hangar, I would highly recommend getting one if you can, The gun will serve you well, I took a screen shot of my Mini-Sweeper's stats without enhancers attached, for your convenience.

Heck, that's some shooter with penetration 41 and impact 4, and unlimited as well! Those stats tells me I have to skill some more to use it effectively, although that's just a guess as I didn't see one in auction earlier. Instead I got one that I'm maxed-out on that has burn 20 and pen 8 iirc. It makes a powering-up sound when you select it.

This thread seems to have wandered off the subject some lol

Yeah I agree. Funny how one thing can lead to another, but at least now I have a good idea of what you can do with a hangar.

index.php

One of the party's I had in my hangar back in the day - everyone on the same in-game DJ's broadcast
Interesting, You are clearly getting the most out of the vacuumous, Somewhat non functional space a Hangar provides.

In all fairness through, There are many positives in owning a Hangar in it's current state most of these positive aspects I have mentioned previously in this thread, And as much as some of MindArks design decisions I find hilarious and perplexing. I'm also very aware that behind the scenes there is a hard working development team of skilled artists of various game industry disciplines trying to make entropia universe the best game it can be.

Honestly I have high hopes that Hangars will become something more then they are currently, It would only make logical sense as MindArk basically has a blank canvas to create something truly amazing, I believe investing in them is a good idea and it is exciting to wonder how a Hangar investment could possibly blossom into something spectacular, Subsequently increasing its market demand and value, 30k now, 60K later? a gamble worth taking.

A clear and concise discussions on concepts and ideas on how to improve upon Hangars would be worthwhile in this thread, not that the player base always knows best, But it would at least give MindArk something to creativity digest, Knowing what Hangar owners and the wider EU community would like to see Hangars become.

One of the party's I had in my hangar back in the day - everyone on the same in-game DJ's broadcast
That's a lot of AVs. MA's servers must have been more capable then than now to have so many ppl in the same place.:censored:

I miss being able to put things on the ground... FUMA
You could put things on the ground!? If you could do that now you could display things in front of ppl and give a sales pitch in the open chat.

I miss being able to put things on the ground... FUMA

You could put things on the ground!? If you could do that now you could display things in front of ppl and give a sales pitch in the open chat.

Inside a hangar indeed any estate the owner can put things on the floor, walls, ceiling. So what Wanderer did in past can still be done.

Inside a hangar indeed any estate the owner can put things on the floor, walls, ceiling. So what Wanderer did in past can still be done.
Yes, but only if you have an estate, so you're still relying on visitors. That's not the same as being able to place things on the ground anywhere.

On an estate visitors couldn't put things down before either so when people say, "place things on the ground anywhere" wasn't true.

When it was possible to place things on the ground (anywhere, i.e. outside owned estates), it was also possible for anyone else to pick them up. You had to be certain you knew what you were doing to avoid costly mistakes. Just for showing something to someone, this was not recommended. I sometimes had fun dropping pec coins in out-of-the-way places and checking back later if someone had found them.

The possibility of losing items and subsequent bothering of support staff was not the (officially given) reason however for removal of this ability. It was stated that it caused too much strain on the servers (I don't have the exact reference atm).

When it was possible to place things on the ground (anywhere, i.e. outside owned estates), it was also possible for anyone else to pick them up. You had to be certain you knew what you were doing to avoid costly mistakes. Just for showing something to someone, this was not recommended. I sometimes had fun dropping pec coins in out-of-the-way places and checking back later if someone had found them.

The possibility of losing items and subsequent bothering of support staff was not the (officially given) reason however for removal of this ability. It was stated that it caused too much strain on the servers (I don't have the exact reference atm).
This is the impression I got as well from what Wistrel said, but if anyone else could also pick them up, then no it wouldn't be safe - didn't think of that.

On an estate visitors couldn't put things down before either so when people say, "place things on the ground anywhere" wasn't true.
This isn't about visitors putting things down inside an estate, but anywhere on the ground outside an estate.

Yeh and if you believe that (strain...) reality was more likely that MA simply didn't want to optimise stuff.

Find it, add to it, hide it again was fun. Discovering little caches people had left was great. But none of that unregulated fun for you my friend... it's almost like there is no profit in emergent game play... except there is because mobs and decay...

Reactions: San
I think being able to put things on the ground should be brought back in but with a safety zone that prevents other AVs from picking them up.

Back