What do you miss from old Project Entropia?

other remains of the great robot war

ah yes! there was a huge half destoyed bridge north west ish from the old Orthos West Mound. loved that :)

The Music.
Loot (better avg and smaler ATHs, today this is like any other gambling online game)
Non crits
the same dmg from mobs..

:)

The sounds. I'll never forget the first time I saw the old sweat camp. Running towards it for the first time and could hear and see people mind force healing there, and the sounds associated with it. I feel they've destroyed this thing we love. Not all progress is a good thing.

I miss
- the old chant and drums from sweating.
- spider trains at Nea's.
- watching people scoot across the ground while sitting, like they are on a flying carpet.
- listening to people argue about the price of sweat... oh wait they still do that :rolleyes:
-looking for buried treasure around the pirate ship in the water by New Oxford.

the "fight the way to a new tp run" on food
Loot
the change to get a old school non L gun/fap
the old citys like haddes,troy,jasson and many more
old auktion
old twin - Selling@vote

games is way to big atm....

i miss the good old fun in the game.. plain and simple

I barely log in anymore, but a few things pop to mind:

- Finding a beacon (or rather a strange signal) with mining and having to follow that signal to a robot ship guarded by robots which you had to defeat, and then press a button on the ship to loot it. Not knowing if you'd be in time or not (another player might have spotted "your" ship and claimed it). Not knowing if it would be in a difficult spot in regards to surrounding wildlife, and not knowing if there would actually be a beacon in it. The way it was, beacons were a thrill to find.

- Mining and seeing by the size description that you had something good, BUT not knowing beforehand exactly how much value it had. You knew it was at least a global or hof, depending on the description, but you didn't know the total till the very very end of drilling it up. The kick it gave when the drilling didn't stop just yet at the amount you anticipated.

- As someone else already said, the umbranoid towns. They added atmosphere, just like all of the gfx "easter eggs".

- The old map. I was so familiar with it after all those years. The game never felt the same afterwards, and i never could even be bothered to regain the map knowledge i had.

I miss the avatar talk....or gibberish and the facial expressions. The avatar looks were very unique in my opinion.

I don't miss the lag and CTD all the time. I also liked that there was no (L) and the community was very tight knit it seemed as if everyone knew everyone in some capacity.

For some reason I miss yellow walls. :scratch:

Me too miss the yellow walls ;))

And the ability for lie down ... or sit down
Arkadia and Rocktropia offer this sit down option. But more important for me would be a bunch of lie down options ... in my bed, at the beach ...

HAHA! the old yellow walls of PA!

SELLING Jester D-1's @ Boxes :) :eyecrazy:

I miss the old feel of Project Entropia, and I also miss the old economy that wasn't focused on mass production of common crap.

HAHA! the old yellow walls of PA!

SELLING Jester D-1's @ Boxes :) :eyecrazy:

Ahhh, nostalgia. One of my earliest EU memories is an impromptu naked dance party with my soc on the platform at PA :laugh:.

I miss...

-Angel parts dropping like pixie
-the old avatar talk/babble while you were typing
-claim rods and the ability to find veins, also being able to detonate the bombs (no auto count down)
-when V1 was a hand gun
-trapping/hunting the big mobs
-when auto clicking was not allowed but most of us still did it
-when space travel was your screen fading in and out and you were there
-large groups of people doing TP runs on foot

In a strange way, I really miss the days without (L) items!

Organizing a 10-12 people society beacon with detailed instructions including which friggin' TP to get IN TIME.

3 not showing up
2 logging in just on time with no clue where the TP might be (Nate Valley? What's the closest TP? Can you run me there, i have no PED for ammo? ...)
1 totally drunk
2 half an hour late

It was kinda fun looking back, not so much back then :silly:

... Combibo Hill (just across the lake from PA Mall)! Gathered gazillion tons of sweat there!

... there were more stars in the sky.

... we slept on hard bread, ate stones, covered ourselves in dung at cold nights ... but we were happy! :girl:

That's all for now
Sok

I think this explains it lol... 2004 or 2005. I've never had a loot screen like this since. But oh I do enjoy browsing the really old HOF screenies on here :D

These are also some fun ones I remember seeing:

Wow , i read all posts and not from PE but early EU , i am really sad now i never knew how much i miss till now

see PA yellow wall behind me :)

That End of the World party at Atlas Haven was indeed the end of the world.. for some.

I miss the people who vanished during that upgrade most. For sure, some came on a few months afterwards but their experience of new Calypso must have been so negative that they never came back since.

That End of the World party at Atlas Haven was indeed the end of the world.. for some.

I miss the people who vanished during that upgrade most. For sure, some came on a few months afterwards but their experience of new Calypso must have been so negative that they never came back since.

Same with Argus ...
That was a living community once until they made it to a useless outpost with a closed bank

A few things that come to mind:

- Hunting what I called "The Ithica Circle". Ithica was surrounded by small mobs with an occasional drone. I would circle Ithica taking out only the drones.

- There was a similar spawn of corns and small atraxes between East Scylla and Twin Peaks. I would run that circle to take out the atraxes. What was funny is that I would global more often on the corns that got in the way.

- There was a Caudeteragous spawn NW of East Scylla. One night armor was dropping like flies. I looted 2 vigi harnesses, one nemesis harness and about a million goblin harnesses.

Organizing a 10-12 people society beacon with detailed instructions including which friggin' TP to get IN TIME.

3 not showing up
2 logging in just on time with no clue where the TP might be (Nate Valley? What's the closest TP? Can you run me there, i have no PED for ammo? ...)
1 totally drunk
2 half an hour late

It was kinda fun looking back, not so much back then :silly:

... Combibo Hill (just across the lake from PA Mall)! Gathered gazillion tons of sweat there!

... there were more stars in the sky.

... we slept on hard bread, ate stones, covered ourselves in dung at cold nights ... but we were happy! :girl:

That's all for now
Sok

You forgot the part where people spend an hour during the run deciding who would do each level and confusing everyone.

An organised beacon could be done in 20 mins but a very organised one could take 2 hours :scratch2:

I have not been around to long, I was however starting when the old mining system, where the returns were higher. I'd like to see that back if not rolled out too the 3 main proffs

Also I think i would have missed the time when (L) shit did not exist and all the SIB crap.
When everyone could manage any weapon. (this is my understanding from what i have heard)

I could buy a ep41+a104 and pretty much hunt anything I wanted, or use an MK2/3 rifle, Use the cool looking healing tools, not some circle ball.

I actually can't stand (L) items hate them, reason I don't hunt, as i can't afford the bloody guns....

Also peds in loot :)

Everything but the rubberbanding.

But mostly- The sense of hope and excitement that everyone had.

Nothing?

Other then perhaps some nostalgia feelings from some of the old landscape, i dont really miss anything.

Id say ore prices, but ore prices crashed before vu10.

I didn't start playing for real until after the skill nerf, so i missed the golden era.

do you remember when the loot would lag because there was so much coming in the loot window and then all of a sudden seconds or sometimes minutes later you would find tons of goodies and a big swirly in the loot?

yeah that hasnt happened to me since VU10.0 lol..... people were mentioning rubberbanding. i thought i would bring that one up :)

I think this explains it lol... 2004 or 2005. I've never had a loot screen like this since. But oh I do enjoy browsing the really old HOF screenies on here :D

These are also some fun ones I remember seeing:

ah yea and ppl were uber happy about a 3k loot :D i miss that so much :) now you get 5k and its like..yea i lost that in a 3h grind

A few things that come to mind:

- Hunting what I called "The Ithica Circle". Ithica was surrounded by small mobs with an occasional drone. I would circle Ithica taking out only the drones.

- There was a similar spawn of corns and small atraxes between East Scylla and Twin Peaks. I would run that circle to take out the atraxes. What was funny is that I would global more often on the corns that got in the way.

- There was a Caudeteragous spawn NW of East Scylla. One night armor was dropping like flies. I looted 2 vigi harnesses, one nemesis harness and about a million goblin harnesses.

there were no atrox from PA til Zychion basically, or if there were there were not the amount that there are now. Same around Troy except in certain areas... it was easy for low level hunters and miners to be relatively 'safe' from PA to those areas without having to worry about mobs killing them instantly in one hit and/or they were able to outrun mobs more often then they can now.

really sucks what they did to Phoenix at vu 10.

there were no atrox from PA til Zychion basically, or if there were there were not the amount that there are now. Same around Troy except in certain areas... it was easy for low level hunters and miners to be relatively 'safe' from PA to those areas without having to worry about mobs killing them instantly in one hit and/or they were able to outrun mobs more often then they can now.

really sucks what they did to Phoenix at vu 10.

i really really miss the old feffoid spawn around camp phoenix... that was one of my favorite old hunting grounds, around that crashed space ship in the field :)

Back