What do you miss from old Project Entropia?

i miss not beeing cynical.

I miss the old cities: PA, Troy, Hadesheim and my home Minopolis.

I also miss the sweating animation, all the "pioneer" atmosphere there was on Eudoria, well I miss my neewbie days. :ahh: I miss the Foul Bones Buttons at 800%.

Finaly I miss the old events: the robots invasions at Hadesheim when spawn was so bugged that it was impossible to escape, and the "oldschool" landgrabs where there was real PvP battles. (I even miss the Warants.)

Well, that's life.

I miss the days where the majority of people didnt understand the concept of average markup , 90%> tt returns and how to profit with that knowledge.

Now everyone knows so it is a lot harder to target good average markups :)

I remember camping zand when it was 1000%, and Ado at 400%. I made a killing doing that. People didnt mine there cause frig and lan were tt. Now its all gone to shot!

Bring back uninformed avatars i say ;)

Rgds

Ace

Mostly some iconic places:

Thorifoid temple and the look of some other iconic places like Billy's SpaceShip Afterworld

TP runs with noobies before vehicles existed.

Moonami!

Beacon finds during mining

CND Sunday parties

The maze of hallways on CP

What I don't miss is the rubberbanding :yay:

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Things sucked back then as well. We only look back on those days longingly because things also suck now. :laugh:

Back then we had some things we no longer have now, sure... but now we have vehicles, space, better graphics, 5 times as many planets, 5 times as many mobs, 5 or 6 times as many weapons, much more of everything really. Things may still suck now, but they sucked worse back then.

There are however a few things I look back on from the old days sit/sliding bug, Minopolis, the mountain range north of Billys, TP runs on foot, and swimming through the air on the edge of the map.

Last edited:
tower_angelic_thumb.jpg

View image in gallery

I miss the mega-bug that made every miningclaim a :tower: Never ever have the servers been taken offline again after a VU as rapidly as after that blunder :laugh: And I still hate myself for not continuing to drop probes as fast as possible after getting that tower...

I miss a lot of things since I haven't played in so long,

people from the soc mainly, crazy gambles on CND with lots of amps and that horrible sinking feeling after finding nothing in the first few hours, massive team hunts when I had hardly any skills - one on CND hunting dasps unarmoured with lots of marbers, one hunting SEGS on Treasure Island with soc mates soon after starting the game, and of course persuading Pike or Lem to come hunting Chompers and never getting anywhere near enough loot back to make it worth it! And it's really stupid and a cliche but I miss having unknown claims on the finder and the thrill of finding out what they are. I miss hunting feffs for hours trying to find korss's to hunt with, hunting spiders unarmoured at the revive point at troy, hunting at cp, dropping thousands of bombs, I kind of even miss being chased by a thorofoid unarmoured and with no weapon for about an hour after I first logged in as I had no idea what to do!

Anyway, way too much nostalgia for one post

I miss the mega-bug that made every miningclaim a :tower: Never ever have the servers been taken offline again after a VU as rapidly as after that blunder :laugh: And I still hate myself for not continuing to drop probes as fast as possible after getting that tower...

which VU was this?

which VU was this?

It was in 2006 if my memory serves right but which VU it was I can't recall.

And did they correct it? or everyone got to keep what they found?

They sure did correct it, and fast! :laugh: The servers were only up for a couple of minutes and then went down again immediately. Yup, we got to keep our claims. Some guy was smart enough to get two towers and if I'd had my brain with me that day I could easily have done the same. Still, not too bad. Got 900 peds worth of nissit as well :wtg:

A lot of songs that were removed :(
Strangely enough I miss few songs too. Think they were PvP/beacon related.
Taming was never my thing but it'll be reintroduced eventually like the rest of the old systems. And that will complete the CryEngine conversion (if i'm not forgetting something).
Other than that I don't actually miss anything. The game evolved in a good way and now it's bigger and better than ever. There is a lot of stuff that can be done but the things that we already have are already quite impressive.

Does anyone remember the first inventory avatar? When you dragged the armor, fap and weapon too. It also had slots for stuff like necklace and bracelets. I wonder what happened there.

From the old PE i miss the old PE.

LOOT Taming Ped in the Loot window The lack of limited items

Old Minopolis, Umbranoids and people was trying to understand the requirements for unlocking skills... (Before the professions)

Being able to depo $20 and playing for a month hunting corns at corn beach or argos south of hades or for that matter just about anything - goblin and 1x axes ftw :yay:

Nothing else. I'm happy with Calypso as it is. I don't care that much for the past. Not even for old friends who left. I am still here.

Markup. I miss markup.

Too many things to count..

Like literally it boggles my mind how many things i miss that are not even close to the same today..

Being able to depo $20 and playing for a month hunting corns at corn beach or argos south of hades or for that matter just about anything - goblin and 1x axes ftw :yay:

OMG 1x axes! Hahaha I remember having loads of them covering my inv every time I would do out for a hunt. Till MA ninja nerfed them claiming they did extra damage, BS!

Man...Limited items have really changed this game too :(

I miss the time when I thought PE playerbase was the best in the world. Nowdays they rant over everything on the formus and this forum has become virtuale "Wailing Wall" (Im I guilty as charged now?).

2005 when i started to play there was always several friendly and kind players that helped me out of trouble est of jason on that hell outpost or whenever i got in shitty outposts. Today I almoste never see anyone online and the one i see have no disire to talk since it's 9781 mob left till kill on some mission.

And there is no need to get offended if you ain't addressed :dunce:

In short...PE atmosphere between players and player/PE PE/player

I miss Hadesheim! I miss being able to sit/lay down on the floor, camp phoenix crowded with noobs sweating snables, the old sweating method, no tools, just waving hand and the background sound of drums :wtg:
Hell, it happens that it-s really that i miss the most :(

As one of the older players of the game, I miss a lot of things about the way things were. I was never lucky regarding the TT value of any of my loots, though I managed to loot some good items in those days. Just some of what I miss:

-When you got a nice global, it wasn't just a loot window filled with a ton of crap that forced you to spend hours with your face stuck in storage organizing it. You got a window filled with *items*; and by "items", I don't mean hundreds or thousands of extractors. You'd get mob parts, multiple armor parts, multiple guns, clothing items, skins...all in the same loot window. Even a 60-ped loot window could look very nice.

-I miss being able to find stuff that was just lying around; this isn't stuff that other players left behind, it just randomly spawned in some areas. I used to spend hours wandering all over Calypso just looking for stuff. This helped to promote new players getting out and about & exploring, instead of just standing around begging for change. It also can't be compared to today's appearance of dung or rocks or fruit, because those items only spawn for a short period of time exactly where a player is standing, and only that player has a chance of finding it. They're not permanent and not any old avatar can pick those up.

-I miss pre-auction times, though many might not. The auction has some pros, but also many cons. The implementation of the auction all but eliminated trading as a profession. MA must've hated traders because that was one aspect of the game that could be profitable to a player who knew what they were doing, and MA didn't have control over it. I was a trader and worked hard on developing my good reputation--among my buyers AND the people I was selling for. Scammers and ripoff artists didn't last long, their careers were very short-lived. And the thing about trading that is also now practically gone due to auctions is the social interaction of trading; now people either just spam the chat channels selling crap that nobody's interested in, or they stick their faces in the auctions. Being a good trader meant interacting with players, having conversations, getting to know them & their needs, seeing what equipment they had that moment and offer something to upgrade or that they were missing...I can't sell for crap IRL but in the game, I was a great salesperson. People from different countries that I didn't know would come up to me and ask for something because they heard of me. That was too cool, but now, the auction pretty much put an end to all of that.

-Looted clothes that were different from TT & merchant clothes (and now, tailored clothes) was a nice surprise.

-With regards to hunting, there was a period of time where some species of mobs would attack each other. This was both fun-to-watch and realistic. This is how animals interact in nature; some coexist, some attack each other. A person could be a more effective hunter by attacking mobs that had reduced health. For some reason, MA took out that feature--gee I wonder why....

-I too miss some of the old songs.

-I REALLY miss unlimited items in loots. (L) items in loots & auction is probably one of the worst things to happen to the game in recent years.

opalo+a105.. oh god I miss the opalo+a105

Oh, and one more thing, but it's not something I miss...it's something I wish was gone. GET RID OF THE FRIGGIN' MUSTANGS!!

When I first saw them at Twin Peaks, all I could say was "Are you f---ing KIDDING??!" Way to take away from my in-game immersion, MA. I login to a futuristic, surreal, otherworldly game to explore new things and what do I see? MUSTANGS?! Really?!?! The LAST thing I want to see in a game like this is something as mundane and commonplace as a poor man's sports car from everyday life! The experience was absolutely jarring, I just wish I hadn't seen it.... :mad:

Oh, and one more thing, but it's not something I miss...it's something I wish was gone. GET RID OF THE FRIGGIN' MUSTANGS!!

When I first saw them at Twin Peaks, all I could say was "Are you f---ing KIDDING??!" Way to take away from my in-game immersion, MA. I login to a futuristic, surreal, otherworldly game to explore new things and what do I see? MUSTANGS?! Really?!?! The LAST thing I want to see in a game like this is something as mundane and commonplace as a poor man's sports car from everyday life! The experience was absolutely jarring, I just wish I hadn't seen it.... :mad:

"Other world infiltration" Coelacanth, be glad you didn't see someone on a witch's broom last month ;)

"Other world infiltration" Coelacanth, be glad you didn't see someone on a witch's broom last month ;)

Yeah those brooms are horrible, unless you're looking to create a suggestive meme.

Stage this: Female avatar in body stocking. Standing facing her is a male avatar on a broom. You know, a giant piece of knotted wood sticking right up from in between his legs at a 45 degree angle. The word below:

Fail.

Back