What is more important to have, Mod Fap, or Mod Merc?

ZekeZerostone

Provider
Society
Kaos
Zeke Zerostone
If you could only buy one, which would it be and why? Mod Fap/Mod Merc

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I'd probably say Mod FAP because you can make PED off of services on the side also.

Absolutely modfap. Mod merc implies such a level of play where you need one of those faps anyway (or a fapper) and appropriate armors and bankroll, while modfap is quite a self-sufficient thing, useful on any level.

Mod fap all the way, assuming you are not counting the purchase of skills in with the mod merc.

Atm, there is a glut of level 80+ L guns that are <110% and super eco. The only reason to purchase a mod merc assuming you have the skills for one is to have it pre-teired for events and such.

There is no such equivalent L fap for the mod fap.

Mod fap because you can do fap service and it is cheap to use and you only need 4k in anatomy to be maxed on it.

But dont forget the imp fap. :)

If you have the skills to use a Mod Merc properly then there are also quite some high level L guns with barely any MU available. Not so with heal kits unless you have crazy paramedic skills.

Then again the Mod Merc is a amazing gun and one doesn't make profit from healing (oneself). I used a borrowed MM since some time now and hunting with it paid for an imp fap. So i would know for what to go first if i had neither available.

But it all depends on other factors too and can't be answered in general.

In my case i still like to hunt rather small mobs, finishing some missions for defense and HP skills. The MM has unbeaten versatility due to high reload and less overkill there, yet goes up to 100 dps unenhanced with the new upgradeable amps. With some (lower reload) high level L guns it feels kinda weird to kill small Aurlies in example.

On the other hand i can easy imagine someone rather hunting big mobs with the variety of the high level L guns would go for an fap first.

Both items allow for an improved hunting experience and a lot depends on personal preferences.

most important is to have the peds ready :laugh:

Mod merc implies such a level of play where you need one of those faps anyway (or a fapper) and appropriate armors

Can't agree. I love to shoot good spawns of smallish mid level mobs with Mod Merc. It is fun and in the worst case for free (long term, average). Before i had imp fap i would often do 100K+ Ped ammo per used UR200 and a few small MF heal chips, armor i still barely need anything above Gremlin.

Mod Merc works great from low mid level mobs (Aurlies, Kreltins, Sumimas, Scips, even a bit smaller mobs) to biggest mobs in game.

I can use a mod fap.
I can't use a mod merc........

Well, having both is pretty special.

Mod Merc works great from low mid level mobs (Aurlies, Kreltins, Sumimas, Scips, even a bit smaller mobs) to biggest mobs in game.

And that's my point. Unlike Mod Merc, Mod fap would be useful even for those who consider Aurlies an uber mob :)

And that's my point. Unlike Mod Merc, Mod fap would be useful even for those who consider Aurlies an uber mob :)

Well....Aurli Queen can be a pain sometimes but ubermob...No.

Aren't we assuming the thread started implied an avatar with reasonable skills to use the Mod Merc? Else the question would be mood.

And for anyone who would consider small Aurlies an uber mob neither of both items is a reasonable choice. If you have 130 HP you don't need a mod fap if you can't afford an unl. SIB gun after. And that was the premise, that funds would be limited to one of those items?

Anyway, what i am saying is that the question in the opening post has no general answer. I personally can play just fine with an good gun but no unlimited high level fap. Someone else might see it different. Matter of play style.

For about the price of a mod fap you can get imp fap + imk2.

Aren't we assuming the thread started implied an avatar with reasonable skills to use the Mod Merc? Else the question would be mood.

And for anyone who would consider small Aurlies an uber mob neither of both items is a reasonable choice. If you have 130 HP you don't need a mod fap if you can't afford an unl. SIB gun after. And that was the premise, that funds would be limited to one of those items?

Anyway, what i am saying is that the question in the opening post has no general answer. I personally can play just fine with an good gun but no unlimited high level fap. Someone else might see it different. Matter of play style.

True, but even if you only have 100 HP the mod fap is still your most eco healing option. Do you need it's full ability? Nope. But you can heal yourself full with 1 pec decay, lol.

True, but even if you only have 100 HP the mod fap is still your most eco healing option. Do you need it's full ability? Nope. But you can heal yourself full with 1 pec decay, lol.

Like said, i have to assume the thread started implied an avatar with reasonable skills to use the Mod Merc and that then would not be a low HP ava.

For an 100 HP ava the whole discussion is useless as it would not be wise to put all funds in an healing tool and be left with no funds for (ul SIB) weapon progression. No matter how eco the fap he barely would ever click would be. :)

Like said, i have to assume the thread started implied an avatar with reasonable skills to use the Mod Merc and that then would not be a low HP ava.

For an 100 HP ava the whole discussion is useless as it would not be wise to put all funds in an healing tool and be left with no funds for (ul SIB) weapon progression. No matter how eco the fap he barely would ever click would be. :)

Given enough skill to effectively use the Mod Merc, I'd certainly go that route first.

Without skill, mod fap for sure. It's more broadly useful as mentioned and can lead to an income as a fapper for hire.

Also if buying one of these items is going to leave you short on PED, then again I'd do the mod fap (well, i'd do neither if it'd leave me broke...), again because you can do healing for hire whereas the MM takes a decent bankroll to make money with.

I started for Mod Fap, omw to a MM :D

For about the price of a mod fap you can get imp fap + imk2.

Let me know where you shop :D I want to make loads reselling impfaps and imk2s :wtg:

Let me know where you shop :D I want to make loads reselling impfaps and imk2s :wtg:

Well I don't know the exact prices these days, might be a little more than a mod fap, but that's what I would do.

Well I don't know the exact prices these days, might be a little more than a mod fap, but that's what I would do.

Pretty sure he's right. Stryker was selling im mk2 for 98k (tier 5)

And I don't think imp faps are worth much more than 100k.

Mod Merc is worth at least 200k if I'm not mistaken

Imo that's a wise combination :)

You are mistaken.

I bought a tier 0 MM in april 2012 for 120 k. Was probably 10k to much at this time. I doubt the price rised that much. In fact i think it devaluates each year.

And for the OP: You need at least level 90 in hit and damage ( thats my experience ) to use it efficient. MA has changed the skill level on them a bit. With level 90 for your avatar you have now level 93 on the weapon.

Nonetheless it can be a ped sucker haha.

Last edited:
I think he meant mof fap, not mod merc.

If you mean mod merc for 200k then you are way way way off. If you mean mod fap you are still a couple 10k's away from your estimates.

As for the OP, it all depends on who and what level the person is and what is his objective with the game. Personally if i had to fap for peds, I would pretty much remove EU from my laptop immediately as it would bore me to death and @ $5/hr, my time is way way way more valuable then that. When people compare making peds with mod merc to fapping with mod fap , I personally think thats ridiculous as hunting with mod merc is fun and healing yourself with mod fap helps increase that fun but fapping someone else for hours can never be fun for me.

Why should anyone in fact invest 18k usd to make $5/hr is beyond me but to each there own.. As for mod merc its an awesome gun but without the levels I would not recommend it for serious use..

So eventually it will depend on an individual as to which one is a preferred option and it depends on more then just skill levels...

Over the years I have learned this is not an OR/OR situation, but an AND/AND.
Basically what you need is :

- A good weapon
- A good fap
- A good armor

A good fap is important if you plan to hunt and don't want to mind fapping.
Personally I still have an IMP FAP tier II and that does the trick too, I admit the mod fap would be better and if the opportunity is right, I'll upgrade.

As for the MM, just make sure you never use one, because once you get used to it ... ;)
The advantage of MM is superfast switch to fap, which I find very important as well.

If you plan to hunt big big mobs, you'll need a good armor too anyhow.

AND/AND/AND ... not OR/OR/OR ... if you can afford it ;)

MOD FAP all the way ...

If it was either or, then mod merc. I can hunt without a fap but not with a gun ;)

In reality, instead of mod fap give me imk2+i204, gyro-50 smuggler, martial sga, arson TEN chip, and a few ped to play with :)

If you mean mod merc for 200k then you are way way way off. If you mean mod fap you are still a couple 10k's away from your estimates.

As for the OP, it all depends on who and what level the person is and what is his objective with the game. Personally if i had to fap for peds, I would pretty much remove EU from my laptop immediately as it would bore me to death and @ $5/hr, my time is way way way more valuable then that. When people compare making peds with mod merc to fapping with mod fap , I personally think thats ridiculous as hunting with mod merc is fun and healing yourself with mod fap helps increase that fun but fapping someone else for hours can never be fun for me.

Why should anyone in fact invest 18k usd to make $5/hr is beyond me but to each there own.. As for mod merc its an awesome gun but without the levels I would not recommend it for serious use..

So eventually it will depend on an individual as to which one is a preferred option and it depends on more then just skill levels...

Well i can anwser to u on this! Maybe the value of ur time depends the zone where u lives!
When work irl ur worst payed then that, i dont think 5$/hour can be so bad.

I dont mean that 5$/hour is worth my time but at least at this better then what i was beeing payed IRL!

yes I meant Mod Fap

Though off-topic, I think I saw a thread for ancient mod merc being sold for 200k+ :eyecrazy:

Well i can anwser to u on this! Maybe the value of ur time depends the zone where u lives!
When work irl ur worst payed then that, i dont think 5$/hour can be so bad.

True, I know people who do much worse things for much less, like nursing and cleaning dying people in a hospice for like 400$/month, and those people play EU in their little spare time, so it's not some parallel universe. Sitting 2-3h a day in a cozy chair, "healing" pixel people who scream from excitement and not pain, can't really be that bad.

But of course 18k$ "investment" isn't a thing such a people could imagine so global economic balance isn't going to be disturbed :)

Back