What is the point of buying unlimited armor when limited armor has is more eco?

Ashmo

Old
Society
Laudanum
Wahiahawi Ashley Mendoza
Why do people still buy UL armor when limited armor has less decay and has no equipt fee?

UL can be repaired at TT value with repair terminal. L cannot... so for L you are paying a MU on the full thing, even if the markup is less then the MU on the UL. Also, with new tier system, UL is nice as you could potentially go to tier 10 where L will likely fizzle out on you before that... then it's back to the auction to find more L.

put a gremlin+5b set on and... take it off maybe every few days/weeks.... the advantage of UL is much higher than the 7pec decay then.

Biggest advantage is that you never need to find a new piece. With (L) you have to buy stuff in advance, before your current gear breaks... on a lot armor pieces this is a real problem.

Plus: MA can stop dropping the loot/BPs of (L) items without notice, and you suddenly don't get what you need anymore. On the other hand, MA can always change the stats of my UL armor too... hmmm....

Why do people still buy UL armor when limited armor has less decay and has no equipt fee?

Some people hate the pre-planning (and money management) it takes to maintain full suits of L armor. Some just hate the whole idea of (L) and avoid it whenever possible. Some either don't know or refuse to understand the "less decay" part, and instead focus on the markup. Some understand the "less decay" part but are convinced they are better off in the long run paying more decay and less markup (same with weapons).

As for me, I became addicted to L armor early on, and enjoy the challenge of buying replacement parts on the cheap in advance of when I'll need them.

I was with you 100% until the new tiering changes. Now I can see a reason to own a nice high level set of armor, but for the rest I'd still use (L) for low mobs and special damage types like thunderbird and polaris.

At long term, it is so easy to explain, the MU, dear friend. Armors L always will have MU. But Armors UL, once payed the initial MU, will never be an overcost on your poor economy. ;)

Besides, who advice you, that spending less decay, and more MU, is better?? Mindark do not obtain nothing from you for MUs, however the other players receive the MU from you. If you have not decays, why mindark must to give you globals?? If you are not giving to mindark anything?

Last edited:
Easy answer: Personal choice.

For low-end armour with low L markups, the limited versions are almost always more economical (despite the markup) to use than the unlimited ones. Also the high durability of L armours benefits a lot more from durability enhancers than the unlimited versions. So really with low-end armours it's for the convenience if you go for the UL, or superstition.

For the high end armours, markup can be quite high on the L making them inefficient to use compared to similar UL sets. Also the high end UL armours tend to have quite a high status appeal to some.

There are some gems out there like Polaris L though, which is more versatile than people realise, and which you can get most parts for near tt price.

Personally I use both UL and L, and like having the choice.

Hmmm...Good question. But....Can you own a Carramone (L) ? :laugh:
This is a stupid question.

" Everything about it oozes perfection - the multi-layered liquid fibre-weave interwoven with high-density multi-alloys is just truly state-of-the-art."

There you go.

Last edited:
Well let me think:
Gremlin UL
Shogun UL
Kobold UL
Pixie UL
Hunter UL
Ghost UL
Gnome UL
Vigi UL
Tbird (L)
Polaris (L)
Martial (L)

...hmm think it'S about
1.) Choice
2. ) Availability
3.) Price / Usability relation

Well let me think:
Gremlin UL
Shogun UL
Kobold UL
Pixie UL
Hunter UL
Ghost UL
Gnome UL
Vigi UL
Tbird (L)
Polaris (L)
Martial (L)

...hmm think it'S about
1.) Choice
2. ) Availability
3.) Price / Usability relation

Is there any of this armours find in (L) condition?
Gremlin
Shogun
Kobold
Pixie
Hunter
Gnome
Vigi

Or Polaris (L) in UL version?
I guess not. Then whats the point to show all those armours? What did i missed?

Umm... there isn't a limited armor analogue or substitute for the majority of unlimited armors. Or did you mean the pairs where you can get both like Rascal / Rascal (L) ?

As others have said, it's all about the way you choose to play the game.

Some enjoy scanning auctions for the bargains and calculating the most efficient ways to do stuff, (i do this often in RL and can not stand the idea of it coming into my liesure time).

Personally I try to spend as little time at the auction as possible and as much of my time as possible hunting. I had a really good loot period a while ago, so while I was all cashed up I decided to invest in a set of UL armour rather than sink it all back into MA's pockets hunting it away. Saves me constantly looking for martial pieces (I could always garuntee at least one part was nearing death) and and there is always a chance that I can sell the set down the track and get my money back on it.

So yeah, in summary choice :) - it's the best thing about this game soooo many ways to do things

Is there any of this armours find in (L) condition?
Gremlin
Shogun
Kobold
Pixie
Hunter
Gnome
Vigi

Or Polaris (L) in UL version?
I guess not. Then whats the point to show all those armours? What did i missed?

Maaybe all of this are quite often used armors. All are useful. (L) an UL. And maybe you missed the point.... So yes there are UL and (L) armor whith good use.

Maaybe all of this are quite often used armors. All are useful. (L) an UL. And maybe you missed the point.... So yes there are UL and (L) armor whith good use.

That's correct. All kind of armors low/mid/high and uber have their own use in all kind of situations less or more.

There is no Salamander L and there is no Viking L (very hard to get in uL, too!)

I have taken my sales of UL armor back. With the new tier it will in the long run be better to have an UL set than a L even that the limit (rare) has good tier rates.

OFC if you never use enhancers then this point dosnt matter.

There is no Salamander L and there is no Viking L (very hard to get in uL, too!)

The point was not about existing UL armors in L version. Jenn said that matters their usefull protection, and that the personal choice matters all the time.

Because I'm too lazy to look for new parts :yay:

May start using UL armor if I want to hunt bigger in the future tho, I cant afford the high-end UL armors :dunno:

The only reason for me to own high markup UL armors is when my skills and weapon would allow me to move to the high dmg mobs that mainly do impact. High impact armors were always expensive and rare, at least until martial was introduced.

Martial is the most affordable medium impact armor there is when you need high impact protection but it also has it's limitations. It was also the reason why Angel lost a lot in value. Rutuba would be the next in line but that's quite rare and some parts are even now over 200%.

For mobs that do several types of damage, mostly in the line Imp/Cut/Stab, I believe that if you can't easily hunt them in martial then they're definitely above your level and you should stay away from them.

For most ppl in EU, owning an expensive armor is more of a fashion related thing.
I see it as an investment that allows me to move on the mod ladder as soon as skills and gear allows it.

Even without owning an expensive UL armor, nowadays a hunter has a lot of L choices to cover different types of damages for different mobs. Most of these parts are very cheap.

The only type of damage that we still lack a good cheap L counterpart is IMPACT. In the moment Rutuba will drop in price below 150% and the availability will increase, expect Shadow to suffer quite a big decrease in price.

Interesting question... :)

After years using Rascal (L) as medium armor, I recently switched back to my Rascal (UL) that I had in storage.

I always did manage to buy the Rascal (L) at less than 110%, so I used to be more eco, right.

Actually there were many reasons for the change:
- Tired to have to note down the TT values of every parts before/after hunts for my logs.
- Tired to spend time bidding on parts to get good prices.
- Tired to have to carry a new part when going to hunt with an almost broken one.
- EXTREMELY tired to have the inventory bug during several months (<- this one was fatal). :D

Finally, armor decay is less than 2% of my hunting costs, so even losing 5% on it makes me less eco at 0.2%.
Which I consider is very low price for the advantages.

This is the only set I had in both versions, the other ones exist in (L) only or (UL) only so the question doesnt apply.

Simple, if you need good protection you pay high MU on 1 or more parts for a complete set.
And if some part breaks it is possible you don't find a replacement (at a reasonable price or none at all).

With my own UL armor I can play when I want, how I want and keep my tiers

Atami

simple answer on some mobs L armor hands down is the right choice and unlimited is the right choice on others. some choose to use 1 all around armor or use certain sets for some mobs or maturities to get the best possible setup.

kosmos

im using UNL because i only have 0-2hours/day to play PE and dont want to run around in shops and AU to find me some cheap armor parts.

i use Ul armor but its cuz i dont want to use time finding a new piece when it breaks and maybe pay overprice for it if i want to hunt.

I have a bunch of UnL sets.

With the new tiering, I doubt that I will sell my UnL sets, regardless of how much use I put them to.

Furthermore, it's bad enough trying to buy L weapons, I dont want to waste more time getting L armor as well.

As for L armor, I may use some in the future, but for now, I do not have any such plans.

The reason I don't usually use L armour is because it's annoying.

I do use it occasionally though, mainly for events or team hunts on hard mobs.

after using both UL and L armor , i have to say i like the ul better. i no longer have to search for items. For a 600 to 1000 ped hunt on med trox i have about an 80 to 100 ped repair (sometimes less) on the armor. plus i am tiering this set. over four hunts this would be about 400 ped , which is atleast comparable to or cheaper than replacing with the mu. Also the boar being tiered offers the protection of the next higher set practically with only tt repair. I figure when i get the skill to switch to a UL wep thats decent i will , specially in the face of 200 to 300 % mu on certain weps....good luck out there

Back