Question: What should Mindark do

ProActive Mango

Stalker
What should Mindark do to get more players to the game?

1. Drop more 10-70 level UL weapons that are up to date so new and medium players can focus more on spending peds on shooting instead of needing 100,000+ ped on gears. (alot of players want to play but find the game to expensive with current markup on weapons.)
2. Make the entry to the game more cheaper and a wider range of cost to play mobs.
3. Add more missions for lower level players.
4. Reward exploring the game with skillgains for exploring and scanning missions.
5. Create more upgrade your own gear from materials.

What do you think will help new players to stay and play?

6. Create bigger and bigger mobs and add in weapons with 200+ SIB.
7. Stop catering to noobs.
8. Encourage noobs to reach 200+
9. Put the biggest carrot imaginable at the end of the stick and just move the goalpost whenever messi gets too close to reaching enlightenment.

The honest answer is probably to stop asking itself what it should do to get more players to the game. Instead, Entropia's development should focus on having good alignment with its fundamental value proposition and its potential as a disruptive innovation. At an extremely high level, MindArk needs to recalibrate the platform such that it stops churning out an endless array of narrowly defined user experiences and refocuses on building an arena in which users have rich tools to discover and create their own user experiences from the bottom up. Obliquity is needed here.

Fix economy loop between hunt/craft/minning
End with this bullshit of flood of UL to create health economy

Whole premise of entropia is chance to real money if you are smart and grind for

This make you target audience people that search keywords in how make money online
that usual lead gamblers/"investor"

Its best way to catch new user and make sure they stay in unvierse , is give chance to profit in all level if they use brain/study and futher more after years of grind this chance become expand

After all is skill game rigth?
Atm game running huge ponzi hunt scheme so fragile that stop influx new hunters and fall in trust , can lead huge snowball
my2cent anyway
nvm next... still wait my rank 80 - 90 -100 - 120 - 160 - 200 finder....

Last edited:
Maybe run a competition for Entropia labelled water bottles.

The way to look at this is why would a new player stay? With the loot system as it is a new player doesn't really stand a chance, in fact most don't with heavy reliance on efficiency and looter skills to see mark up (if any). I remember when i started and you would come back from hunting low end mobs with an inventory full of pixie, goblin, shogun pieces, A101-A103's, Fap 5-18's, TP 1 chips etc (which most tt'd back then). These days they get a bag of shrapnel, some oils, and a few hides and bits and bobs, I even remember getting an ESI off a combibo lol.
The whole system seems geared towards the whales which is fair enough, but don't start complaining when the lower new generation stop playing and go elsewhere.
Not being negative, just realistic.

Last edited:
Why im asking this is cuz Mindark asked this question at a LAN party some players had in gothenburg. So would be nice to see what more of the playerbase thinking regarding this question.

Get rid of the poor people.

Set up a entry fee to the game where you only get access to play after deposiring a minimum of 10 000 USD pr month, before this requirment is met you can only open strongboxes on the account page.

Alternativly you can deposit 150 000 USD and get instant access for 1 year, but if you do not keep depositing 10k a month after that initial year your playing access is revoked.

Any player who is already not level 100 minimum, should get banned, they clearly dont care about the game and do not belong.

Any player who is mining outside of areas dropping pyrite, should get banned for obvious reasons.

Any player seen hinting to saying the game is a) Expensive or b) needs improvement should get banned, they clearly do not like the game and should quit, so banning them only helps them.

this would greatly improve the overall experience of the game.

/S

IN reality though OP's few points are a few good pointers, its a shame the very first other reply to this thread is someone unironically wanting the game to only be the same as the /s above.

I think catering for all players will be best.

The loot system is backward in EU, Normally in MMO's as i am sure your all aware the Mobs you kill or bosses you kill will gear you up for the next higher level mob or boss encounter.

I think even fixing the loot system alone would fix allot of the issues with the lower level players being able to go out and get there own gear for there next encounters wether its matts for L items or just UL items in general all the way up until UBER lvl :)

The higher level players will then be free to decide the value of the loot that fits them instead of the loot that fits everyone and getting shit for it and people disliking the level of player that they should be aiming to become.

The simple answer is set target audience as teenagers as it was when we all first joined the Entropia Universe. It's the only way to guarantee a constant flow of new participants.

"High schoolers man... I keep getting older yet they stay the same age..."

Whatever they will do there is a rubber band they will pull, the more they pull to one side the more the other side will get affected.This applies to everything.
Be extremely careful what you ask for because there will always be be repercussion and people will be affected at any side.

Some of my favourite computer games have been ones with good flow and handling, not ones with particularly good graphics.
This has been true across platforms, from the humble beginnings of arcade games and home computers to fully fledged sim rigs at exhibitions. Software that could get you to counter-steer an oversteer before you were even consciously aware of it. "Good catch" was a comment I once received by a dev, who was rightly proud of his work on fraction-of-a-second car behaviour, and let me continue for several laps more at a busy exhibition so I could appreciate the slowly building effects of tyre wear.

What should MA do? Make no two actions quite the same, whilst retaining the RCE and economic complexity. Reward awareness, not grinding or botting. Increase the fun and environments and gains:time as skills rise, so that almost no skilled player would want to compete against noobs for their mu stuff. Yes, have playgrounds and tougher grounds if necessary - a bit like the starter areas and noob mob regions.

Whatever they will do there is a rubber band they will pull, the more they pull to one side the more the other side will get affected.This applies to everything.
Be extremely careful what you ask for because there will always be be repercussion and people will be affected at any side.
Sure, do it wrong and entropia turns into "world of entropia" full of mostly small stack kids driving big stack oldies nuts and away. Its a non mass market niche game so unless they wanna compete in the world of mass appeal and small margins (which i dont think their cut out for ) they had better get the right people to do it right..

Mindark is doign what they used to do for the last 20 years untill it hits their wallet they won't do anything . People should not go broke from regular every day activities they might not go rich from them but won't be broke either items will be rare to find and that will affect what they cost . Want to progress to endgame ? Put money in the game buy yourself the top gear . That will make more people play the game expecially with UO5. Atm UO5 is used as an excuse we will change - fix that when UO is out but thats year if not more away. But at the end of the day a better looking slot machine is still a slot machine . I would say it's time for loot 3.0 but hey thats just me . Only reason this whole thing keeps going is cus players don't have a smiliar game to play had this not be the case people would have a choice and MA will have to keep thinking how to keep their customers. I would personally play something similar if it didnt cost a small fortune. Also not happy with twen kinda cheap so far

Last edited:
Thy should start realizing better engines and textures will not do what a full on and prolonged targeted marketing campaign will.

The affiliate links, mentor system, land areas, deeds/shares and planet partner program are all designed to allow for those individuals/groups to scale their new participant acquisitions themselves and directly reap the benefits of the PED they cycle.

In order to entice the new generations you need to have a well functioning and good looking product. The move to UE5 supports this goal at the same time allows for a better development pipeline. In turn, a better platform means a better user experience which means an easier sell to potential participants thus completing the cycle of having a scalable platform and product for those mentioned above to market to the public and produce engaging content.

Clean it up.

Missions are confusing especially the new ones there are about 100000000 and none make sense….

I’d remove 95% of the missions and start again on building the background to the story and teaching new players how game works.

They then need to, fix support and take over this forum and change it to entropia forum and release good tutorials with support for each PP to have one for each planet.

they then need to get a marketing department and then listen to the feedback and action the relevant bits fast.

Make some daily missions for all professions on all planets which require those level x to team with y number of other players under level z and perform tasks a, b and c. Get ambitious and tie this into the mentor program.

Add more disciple rewards where players can choose from a lineup of gear from all professions that they can upgrade to perfected which have various differing buffs.

Make more leaderboards for more metrics and have them displayed throughout the world on things like Ad screens.

Add to the codex the ability to track all the things the third party loot trackers are doing so participants can make better informed decisions.

Include the other professions in the codex and have the ability to track loot, locations, what blueprint, timestamps, etc

Allow for the ability to export your notifications to CSV or add this into a "financial overview" window that incorporates all your PED related activity. Bring the Inventory page from entropiauniverse.com into this area and include that somewhere.

Sell off Calypso to a studio so MindArk can focus on building out the platform systems instead of worrying about content generation, even if it is AI. Let the studios deal with integrating AI for content generation unless the AI push is to build out systems to allow the players to build out their own content with AI.

What do you think will help new players to stay and play?
Old suggestion of mine: official statistics of returns, tracking of how an avatar spends their peds.
The number one cause for quitting is "loot is bad", "returns are 50%" etc.
If players would have a clear view of how they spent and what real returns are like, I believe player retention would be much higher.

Last edited:
maybe is start stream kick dot com, "stakes" gambler platform?
and stop with bs... and open referal link to everyone?
Release new EP V and EP VI to make everyone happy

Sure, do it wrong and entropia turns into "world of entropia" full of mostly small stack kids driving big stack oldies nuts and away. Its a non mass market niche game so unless they wanna compete in the world of mass appeal and small margins (which i dont think their cut out for ) they had better get the right people to do it right..
I like how you put this issue.

This statement deserves a poll.

Does the playerbase prefer a game balanced around:

1- item drops only as a "moneymaker" that cater to the whale niche market

2- stackable ditributed markup as "moneymaker" to cater the big small stacks playerbase

3- a balanced middleground of both

To me it seems at the moment is set to option 1 full on

Make a faction system where each planet is its own faction. Let Motherships align with planet factions. Let Pathfinder/Starfinder, Quads and Sleipnirs align with Motherships.

Turn space into a grid system and give each zone a specific buff/% return on activity in the area/something that can be gained for the entire faction if captured. When one faction captures too much space, let the robots invade and push everyone back to their starting planets.

Introduce a jobs terminal in the center of space where ships can pickup crates which contain the loot waiting in the queue to be shipped from planet to planet from purchases made on the Auction. Make this a central part to collecting enough controlling areas to have access to the central space station and jobs board.

Tie in the society terminal and it's functionality into the faction system so that multiple societies can run under the same faction.

It's not only a question about what MA should do but we as a playerbase we are community of individuals and MA ignores random complaints we need community representatives!

With the contract system build out a way for participants to hire other participants.

For example, if I want to give another participant gear, ammo etc and have them hunt Argonauts for Eye Oil I can open a contract with the terms that I am providing:

Gear
1000ped of Universal Ammo
10x Wildman's Fury (L)
a set of Shogun
a set of Serpent Scales
2x Hedoc SK-20 (L)

Purpose
Hunt Argonauts Eye Oil

Payment
10.00 PED (or could be other items, etc)

Time
4 hours

This could be auctionable and other participants could bid on the rights to this contract. Once the contract is accepted it locks the inventory of the participant and only allows the actions stipulated in the contract. The participant could then turn this off at any time but it comes at a time cost to accomplish the task and receive payment. While the lock is turned on all the loot is automatically sent to the contract writer's storage in an account bound box. At the end of the time the gear is returned and payment is rendered proportional to how much of the ammo was used.

Last edited:
You don't get it do you Unreal Engine 5 is used as an excuse - they keep saying they will be changes but only after Unreal Engine 5 and untill that come we are supposed to keep paying and wait but theres no telling when that will happen could be 1 year could be more. Reason we are in this situation is because we have a community of individual who keep paying for this game while sometimes people complain our game is unfair MA pays no atention to random complaints maybe that person gets upset and leaves ?- another will show up and take his place. Untill community sits down and has a talk and then demand from MA to have community representatives and want them to have a saying which way the game goes nothing will change , What gives us that right - quite simple we are the ones paying for all this. Take for example Diablo Immortal while everyone can play the game without getting broke from just playing people still put money in it and game made over 100 million. Make the game like that so people can enjoy it doing all the activites without getting broke and more people will play it more people will be willing to buy land areas ships and housing and there will be higher demand for ingame services gear will be still rare and everyone can take a shortcut by investing real money. Add to that whole MIx Unreal ENgine 5 and there you have it. Im kinda supprised nobody there thought of making a seperate planet with different economy in the last 20 years to have people who dont want to spend thousands $ a month with a different payment model or a sub -they could have probably made way more money. Notice something else Diablo generates much bigger profit about 90 millon or so and nobody is allowed to withdraw their earnings :)

I am starting to think UE5 is a myth..a carrot for stockholders or investors and players.........................They throw some crumbs and gobble..gobble

:laugh:

Ohh pretty new auction houses and terminals and mobs redone..seriously?

You aren't getting crap lol

Back