What will you do when MA makes all items (L)?

Zarah Reaper Ga

Provider
Society
Guardian Of Lootius
Zarah Reaper Garthox
As time goes by and new blprs are introduced, I began to wonder will current blprs become (L) and then will current items become (L) just to spice up the revenue flow.

What will you do when this happens?

Will you quit, complain, or get over it?

Z

Zarah Reaper Ga said:
As time goes by and new blprs are introduced, I began to wonder will current blprs become (L) and then will current items become (L) just to spice up the revenue flow.

Now don't give MA more "interesting" ideeas to crunch on....ey?

it depends.

If the excess of current items are purged and new items better than those looted, then i shall start crafting with some gusto. Otherwise i'll just ignore them.

I would quit this game .... really no reason to throw more and more peds because MA want more profits ... :mad:

Sharyn said:

Agreed to that... they will probably do it if we keep talking about it. I think it will be chaos in PE... but who knows until it is done :rolleyes:

I'll keep my current weapons and continue to repair them. Why buy a (L) product that can be used so many times, seems to defeat the purpose. Unless it gurantees me an ATH....

**is it getting cold in here...did something freeze?**

Why whining?

I have tried most of (L) items and mostly they are better than their normal counterparts.

Here is my list:

Adapted Montgomery Anabolic (L) - ubah
Animal brush (L) - can't compare
Dominax Original Mamba (L) - ok
Loughlin Scratcher Two (L) - ok
Loughlin Smacker Three (L) - ok
MatterDriller MD-202 (L) - good
MatterFinder MF-211 (L) - very good
Montgomery Anabolic (L) - good
Montgomery Diabolic (L) - very good
OreAmp OA-101 (L) - finally I can craft something useful!
OreAmp OA-103 (L) - new car for Buzz :D
OreFinder OF-211 (L) - very good
OreMiner OM-203 (L) - good

Unfortunately blueprints of the best (L) items are very rare. I wonder when the next bp of adapted anabolic will appear. Even OF-212 (L) bps don't exist now as far as I know.

it depends.
I dont intend on ever fully quitting PE. so i wont sell out, withdraw and never log on again.
It would depeond on what further development and changes occur with limited items.
In general i personally dont like the idea of limted items to begin with.
Evne when it comes to real life. i hate so much that irl has become so much of a throw away society. you pay out the arse for somethign it breaks 6 months form now and you have to go buy another.
With the current way limted items are implimented thats what i see.
That you buy the item, and because of etremely limtied BP drops, the BPS themselves are limited and the mataerials required being limited you pay out hte arse for a limited item. An item that once you use til its brok you cant even use it as a display piece.

If everything was limit and all current items removed or turned limted i doubt i would have much reason to use limited items.
I might still deposit. if anything so i can craft limtied items to sell to the suckers who would buy em perhaps at a cost or even loss.

If somehting is gonna be disposable it has to be cheap as hell. like a pack of $0.99 yellow 2 bladed bic shaving razors. they arnt all that good, but they so cheap that ya shave a couple of times and toss it without much worry.
If limited items were done so it can work like that.. them maybe i would use the better ones.
I however will eventually try out some of the limted wapons to see if they are worht it. I would sincearely hope that some changes occur though like making it so that it is possable to get non limited versions of limited items.
The blueprints themselves would also have to become non-limited at the very least and if an item is gonna be limited it best not use them rare ass ores/enmatters that cost an arm and a leg to get.

I understand some of the reason behind thier implimentation, that we have it to spurr more people to craft and to get crafters a chance to actually be useful. but there shold always be a chance though rarer and mroe expensive to get non limted versions.

Alot of the bugs have to be fixed too when you have an item that permanantly decays each use and you get a bug that means use just used that item for nothing that can get upsetting.

I guess it boils down to if the limited items actually end up making the PE experience cheaper im for it.. if it makes it more expensive im against it.

However i doubt Ma will replace all items currently in existance with limited ones. tho the trend i do see unfortunitely is every new crated item here on out is gonna be limited.. and i hope to goddess they dont make any currend non limited BPs (maddox 4, emt-2600, etc) into limited.

It would be nice though if someone who gets a real hof or real global on a ( ie not an it'ems tt value hof/global but the kinda global/hof where the crafter gets a gem or other item in loot) on a limited item that that item that got the global/hof be a non limited version. That would help to ensure that someoen can get non limited version of these nice future goodies while keeping it reletively rare.

When i do start crafting i dont intend on crafting any limited items so long as the blueprints themselves have limited uses.

Dont forget the (L) armor platings, they rock and dont decay that much.

Imho MA made a mistake in the beggining by not puting all the items to be L. With not limited items, the PE economy would be dependant on constant flood of new players (so called pyramid system).

Of course, MA should allow more L bp's drops, and L items should be much cheaper then now tho.

Also, I see that many complain that we can never reach ubers (not because of skills, but because of gear they have). This problem wouldn't exist if the items were L from the beggining.

Ask yourself, would you like to bye L mod fap, L eon full for TT+200 (for example) and be an uber for a week :wise:

MA, please introduce uber L items (better than imp, mod, bla bla...) :tongue2:

Black Rider said:
Also, I see that many complain that we can never reach ubers (not because of skills, but because of gear they have). This problem wouldn't exist if the items were L from the beggining.

I totally agree +rep. Too many people misunderstand the idea of limited items I think. I don't think it has anything to do with more income for MA but rather is an attempt to bridge the gap between uber players and everyone else that rare items have created. The choice and supply is a little poor atm but limited items could turn out to be a very good thing for PE.

demoniac said:
I don't think it has anything to do with more income for MA but rather is an attempt to bridge the gap between uber players and everyone else that rare items have created. The choice and supply is a little poor atm but limited items could turn out to be a very good thing for PE.

Only if MA let the bps drop and they use ores/materials that are reasonably available. Sadly, the current evidence would suggest otherwise.

aridash said:
Only if MA let the bps drop and they use ores/materials that are reasonably available. Sadly, the current evidence would suggest otherwise.

Very true but MA probably don't want to do this too quickly for several reasons.

- Firstly people need to get used to the idea of limited items.
- Secondly the market needs time to adjust. If a limited item that rivalled a MOD Fap or ImkII was suddenly widely available the price of the non-limited items could drop very fast.

As far as I am aware there has only been one of the promised adapted/ customised/reworked bps so far, so there should be some very interesting limited items still to come.

Ill just address the issue of old items being made limited.

I don’t think its fair for any old item to be made limited, especially something like an mod fap , imk2, MM.

Its not fair to the people that invested into pe , that paid so many 1,000's of usd into equipment that did not deterate, into equipment that deterates.

I for one would quite and never come back if I lost over 20,000 usd

Nicole said:
Ill just address the issue of old items being made limited.

I don’t think its fair for any old item to be made limited, especially something like an mod fap , imk2, MM.

Its not fair to the people that invested into pe , that paid so many 1,000's of usd into equipment that did not deterate, into equipment that deterates.

I for one would quite and never come back if I lost over 20,000 usd

Sure, it would be unfair now for all that invested 1,000's of usd in gear. I just said that it was MA's mistake in the beggining.

I am suggesting MA start giving new L items with comparable quality as the old rare items. So, if I pay tt+500 for imk2 Limited, which will last me ONLY for a few days or weeks, I doubt that will much decrease the price of your imkII which is not limited and will last forever.

Congratz to most who picked up idea of my question,

If all items became (L) the Ubers (all 10 of them) would leave... and MA would .... not care, they have the PED already, they would keep the money because no one would pay 20K USD for a mod (L) adj (L) anything...

the rest of us would wear out our ghost / nem and MK II or Vat 100 our poor old 2600 and Fap 50's would last just a few clicks and then when it was all over ... we could all be uber or nOOb depending on loots ...

the people who craft would only do well if they could buy the materials to craft from those who hunt or mine. Hence sustaining all professions (except beauticians, sorry...).

I would mourn for my lost deposit but I dont think I would quit. I would have to evolve or die.

The only thing in PE that is free is dying.

Z.

This discussion is moot. MA is not going to make all items limited, and it's irresponsible to state that like it was fact the way some people are.

Retorical question (what if...?)

Impossible to answer other than, "only if, depends, maybe" etc. etc.

Enjoy :cool:

Zarah Reaper Ga said:
The only thing in PE that is free is dying.
Hehe...It's a virtual world. What did you expect? :silly2: (j/k)

truantduck said:
This discussion is moot. MA is not going to make all items limited, and it's irresponsible to state that like it was fact the way some people are.

Awesome comment!! why do you not walk on by if you have nothing to add.

MA is not going to stop creatures from getting trapped because this would hurt the sweating community. Yeah Right!

MA is going to give fair loots to all players !! yeah right...!!

Pfttt !

I was posing a question to provoke discussion not it insite your stupidity, and thnx for the -Rep comments really grown up!!

Z

Well Rei has a point; so does Nicole. As Marco stated in his post, MA feels that the people who were around at the start and helped get this thing off the ground should be at a higher level than us players who started more recently. I agree with him.

As for my equipment situation, I guess Im on the fence, having the best gun/armor, but not the fap. But does that stop me? NO. You dont have to have all the best shit to be #1 :wise:

Stryker said:
Well Rei has a point; so does Nicole. As Marco stated in his post, MA feels that the people who were around at the start and helped get this thing off the ground should be at a higher level than us players who started more recently. I agree with him.

As for my equipment situation, I guess Im on the fence, having the best gun/armor, but not the fap. But does that stop me? NO. You dont have to have all the best shit to be #1 :wise:

Omg did not know you where like me, when I frist started PE (was an 3 week old noob at best) I had the best guns in PE... Mod. Mercy & imk2... even full shadow.... but I had no idea what an fap was espically an good one like Mod fap or imp fap...

Until I meet Quaila that was....

Then meet Trex who introduced me to warrants....

let me see Imk2 traded to firefly for improved fap... that imk2 was eventually sold to vixen.... ancient history I guess.....

History

PS: History....why at 2 or 3 weeks of playing PE I chose those guns to invest in?

Was so impressed with how Andea was able to ks whole teams with her IMK2 on Taridans

AH lady OH ,was so impressive with MM at Rig, and her pure killing power with it, also able to ks entire teams.. But did not do it that much... great person to have known.... an really great friend..

Not once would I have ever considered blowing my life savings (good part of it) if these fine weapons where ever hinted to be made limited.

Actually had to ask myself if I had gone truly crazy with investing this much of my life saving into an vitural universe.

Last edited:
Zarah Reaper Ga said:
What will you do when this happens?

Z

then i would quit.

demoniac said:
I totally agree +rep. Too many people misunderstand the idea of limited items I think. I don't think it has anything to do with more income for MA but rather is an attempt to bridge the gap between uber players and everyone else that rare items have created. The choice and supply is a little poor atm but limited items could turn out to be a very good thing for PE.

OK titel was "What will you do when MA makes all items (L)?

I think all the ones with Mod / Imp / uber fap / gear / gun would cry out we leave and MA would exclude them from turning into limited. This is not whining only my thinking and by the way I would do the same thing and I belive some of the people who have such ueber gear would maybe thinking of sueing MA if they do not get compensation for their stuff which they payed 10K us-$ to be all of a sudden broke and not possible to repair.

If MA exclude the ueber items the gap between "normal" players and the ueber depositers would become hughe as they have to use limited items while the uebers would be abel to repair it.

I would like it. But it would be bad business for MA. Keeping the current items and making all the new weapons from now on would be a blast :)

Raffaele Meiers said:
OK titel was "What will you do when MA makes all items (L)?

I think all the ones with Mod / Imp / uber fap / gear / gun would cry out we leave and MA would exclude them from turning into limited. This is not whining only my thinking and by the way I would do the same thing and I belive some of the people who have such ueber gear would maybe thinking of sueing MA if they do not get compensation for their stuff which they payed 10K us-$ to be all of a sudden broke and not possible to repair.

If MA exclude the ueber items the gap between "normal" players and the ueber depositers would become hughe as they have to use limited items while the uebers would be abel to repair it.

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but the question you posed asks when not if. Is it a certainty that it will happen? I don't really see it happening, but if it does I think it might become more expensive to play and might drive some people away.

...I just don't see it happening, but thats just my humble opinion... :D

Cheers :beerchug:

Even an item like a mod fap could be replaced with a never to be seen again (L) item with very slow decay rates. If MA took into account the market value of the item and the cost per click when calculating how many clicks were left, the items would still have value. This value would decay to 0 as they were used up.

This way the mega powerful gear would be removed from the game over time and the people who owned it would not be unfairly treated. No one would lose out and the game would be much better to play for all but a very small group for whom it would be no worse.

Winston

Sharyn said:

Yeah Exactly dont give them more ideeas :scared:

101 said:
Even an item like a mod fap could be replaced with a never to be seen again (L) item with very slow decay rates. If MA took into account the market value of the item and the cost per click when calculating how many clicks were left, the items would still have value. This value would decay to 0 as they were used up.

This way the mega powerful gear would be removed from the game over time and the people who owned it would not be unfairly treated. No one would lose out and the game would be much better to play for all but a very small group for whom it would be no worse.

Winston

This can be completely false with out advanced notice to ppl to fix up their faps.

I keep my mod fap at 100% most time, but I know many ubers that keep like only an few peds on it… since the decay is that low, really does not need more then 3 or 5 peds to last an while.

If they where made limited w/o notice, then the ppl that keep them at 2 to 10 peds would take an huge lose . L

on another note:

Keep in mind like 10% of PE players is in the uber class, but that 10% brings in like 90% of the profits to MA..
this info came from skalman when I last spoke to him.
Well on this topic.
Really at 1 pecs an heal for 160 heal you dont use that much of it in any hunt.. you can proably go 6 months w/o ever having to fix it.

If a mod fap was converted to (L) it wouldn't necessarily need to maintain the same decay. A number of clicks could be awarded for the item itself and some for the decay left on it.

In the case of something like the Mod Fap many clicks for the mod fap

would be something like 11000000 clicks for the fap (assuming market price of 110000 PED at 1 pec / click) + whatever clicks left in decay at the time of change over. If my market value is wrong then please adjust accordingly. You'd still get 11 million uber heals before the thing ran out so it would still have enormous market value on the day of the change over.

Did i not hear that skalman plays fulltime now? If so, how does he contribute to that 90% of the profits, has he had a lottery win IRL? Sounds to me like that statistic is meant to keep the proletariat in their place while the 10% share 90% of the proceeds.

Really at 1 pecs an heal for 160 heal you dont use that much of it in any hunt.. you can proably go 6 months w/o ever having to fix it.

Thanks for that, i'll buy your (L) mod fap off you when it's decayed past the point that you feel it's worth keeping

Winston

Back