What will you do when MA makes all items (L)?

Actually, Im sick and tierd of everything new thats coming thats L as it is already and im no uberplayer.. I liked the idea of some items beeing L but I would prefer if only items like attachments was limited, like the oreamp.. things that u dont NEED to have but could be nice. a hunter NEED a weapon but not an amp but they sure make it better.

enough with the L items already, give us some new items that wont break :rolleyes:

and L items is not the way to bridge the gap between the ubers and others, because what is it that make you uber? your stuff, and when you use limited its really more like you rent the item since is only yours to use for a limited time.
Go buy yourself a ek delux, u will have great heal possiblitys and the fap doesnt cost much.. ofcourse.. it will not last long...

Zarah Reaper Ga said:
As time goes by and new blprs are introduced, I began to wonder will current blprs become (L) and then will current items become (L) just to spice up the revenue flow.

What will you do when this happens?

Will you quit, complain, or get over it?

Z

I will quit immediately. I do not want to be forced to renew gear, by anyone. I want to decide for myself.

The only way that this would be acceptable is if the price of a new item would be the same as the TT (full repair) value of the item worn out. And that would be impossible because of the market economy.

So, the moment my Starkhov - or any other item - becomes limited, I sell everything (for whatever it's worth then), and quit. Because no one is gonna force me to buy new stuff, when I'm perfectly happpy with what I've got.

Zarah Reaper Ga said:

I will finally be able to hit/kill with the same effeciency I was at before L weapons and stats were introduced.

essentially, I will be able to do the same things I have always done, but it will cost me lots more $ to do it. Which seems to be the 2005-2006 theme of PE.

Raffaele Meiers said:
OK titel was "What will you do when MA makes all items (L)?

I think all the ones with Mod / Imp / uber fap / gear / gun would cry out we leave and MA would exclude them from turning into limited. This is not whining only my thinking and by the way I would do the same thing and I belive some of the people who have such ueber gear would maybe thinking of sueing MA if they do not get compensation for their stuff which they payed 10K us-$ to be all of a sudden broke and not possible to repair.

If MA exclude the ueber items the gap between "normal" players and the ueber depositers would become hughe as they have to use limited items while the uebers would be abel to repair it.

I would cry too, if I had invested 10's of thousands of dollars and in an instant it was all gone.

Raffaele Meiers said:
I think all the ones with Mod / Imp / uber fap / gear / gun would cry out we leave and MA would exclude them from turning into limited....

If MA exclude the ueber items the gap between "normal" players and the ueber depositers would become hughe as they have to use limited items while the uebers would be abel to repair it.

I seriously doubt we will be seeing any L uber items...except maybe as rare special MA prizes or something.

I think the way they are going to go about it has already begun with Mining Amps. Look for more "additions/attachments" like these in the future to boost your existing abilities and/or items to uber status (or somewhere close). But for a limited time and a hefty price, of course.

I will quit immediately. I do not want to be forced to renew gear, by anyone. I want to decide for myself.

You already do, everytime you go to the repair terminal

Winston

101 said:
You already do, everytime you go to the repair terminal

Winston
Read what I said. FIrst of all, no one forces me then either, but most of all, I pay TT value for repair.

L items will not be sold for TT value.

So don't compare.

Zarah Reaper Ga said:
The only thing in PE that is free is dying.

Z.

Hmm depends on if u have armour on :p

Well the limited items, hmm what to do. I think Im with Roth on this one and have mostly attachments as limited and perhaps a few other things but dont touch the basic gear plz:)

And ohh no DONT make all exsisting items L lol I would go mad even though I dont have any uberuber items. Let the ubers have their toys and let me keep mine:))

Nicole said:
Keep in mind like 10% of PE players is in the uber class, but that 10% brings in like 90% of the profits to MA..
this info came from skalman when I last spoke to him.

Sorry, I have to disagree with this. First, most, if not all imp mk II owners have high skills to go with it, and they don't contribute a thing to the loot pool, in fact they take from it. No sour grapes, just a fact. Same for probably mod merc and a few other weapons. Ubers can probably even at least break even with stuff like mk V me's or even adj hero if they wanted to. And with uber skills they are more efficient, so even with "regular" weapons, they are contributing less of a % to the loot pool. You might hunt more, but nothing compared to the hunting done by thousands of others.

Sorry, but I think the middle class, the vast majority, is what keeps this game afloat, just like irl.

Helmars said:
I have tried most of (L) items and mostly they are better than their normal counterparts.

Here is my list:

Adapted Montgomery Anabolic (L) - ubah

The few of the useful (L) guns that reaches the "public market" is either
a) Too few, too expensive, and often a markup of at least 200%, which means that no hunter with limited resources can get them
b) Worn out (people that sell bruken (L) weapons TT value of 10 ped for 25 ped...)

Nicole said:
Keep in mind like 10% of PE players is in the uber class, but that 10% brings in like 90% of the profits to MA..
this info came from skalman when I last spoke to him.
Well on this topic.
Really at 1 pecs an heal for 160 heal you dont use that much of it in any hunt.. you can proably go 6 months w/o ever having to fix it.

I just only know that for an ordinary hunt, I deposit 100 ped. It's divided roughly 50 ped ammo, 30 ped amp+weapon repairs, 15 ped FAP repairs. So, in other words, I deposit 100 ped and have 25 peds left when the day is over, and then I have to repair my armor.

I can't really tell if it's a loss for MA or not, just that a lot of personal IRL money goes into the game and then vanishes.

Also, I could probably *never* hunt mobs like Atrox Prowler, simply because that even if I get armor to survive one hit and a gun to take them down before they crit; the FAPs needed to mend one of the hits are clearly out of most peoples reach, and will most likely never drop again.

My start in the game, well it was in october 2005, looked a bit differently. I went into a soc where the soc leader wasn't that experienced and himself couldn't deposit, so I never got any good "jumpstart" to get hints about good (decent) guns and such. The best advice at that time was "Get a jester D1". And, from that point on I had to learn everything the hard way, and as the time went on and I realized I needed better guns and better FAP the inflation went on. I guess, that if I knew then "in 6 months you will need a FAP that is better than the one you have today, but if you wait to buy it until you need it it will cost 5 times more" I would have bought it then. (I'm not talking about uberfaps, I mean the 2600). Also the "sucky" 2500 DLX nowdays cost around 300 ped (at the time they were sucky the mobs didn't do any critical hits).

I'm with Nicole on this one..

I'm not an uber of course, but If this situation happened, I really don't find myself playing PE anymore. MA makes enough peds as it is, I understand the logistics of how L items can help those who make them (crafters) as well as consumers, but why would I invest $$ in an item that it's just gonna deteriorate and stop working after a limited time and then buy another one?

I personally think it's the middle players that contribute to most of the loot pool and revenues for MA, Ubers spend alot on items.. yes, but Ubers also get Uber loots. Regular joe's deposit and deposit, and are kept content with the miniscule loots that MA throws at them every now and then.

There is a difference between an item decaying slowly and being able to repair it, as opposed to an item decaying and having to buy another one because you cannot repair it. Well, thats my take on this subject ;)

It seems to me as though making all items (L) would just increase the cost of repairs, since you'd have to pay the markup again to fully repair the item. I think someone already said that, though. Anyways, it would be nice if crafters could rebuild a (L) item into a new (L) item, or just repair one. It would also be nice if ammo & bombs were craftable.

I think limited items serve a purpose, and there are currently not enough of them around, but non-limited items should never die out and stay in the game. I believe it's all part of MA's long-term plan to keep them in the game, gradually phasing in more and more limited items as lootables/craftables.

On a side note, it might just be me not noticing before, but the "new" items MA talked about in the VU appear to be limited weapons, and they're LOOTED!

My socmate looted one of the new items (a pistol) the other day, and it was limited. Maybe this is old news?

Maybe Miller will post a screenie with the details!?

If all items were converted to L items I strongly suspect it would be the death of PE.

When I buy an I item I pay market value, TT+X, but the life of that item is decided on the TT value & decay. Hence The Item costs, say, 2893 Peds, but only has 165 peds of use in it, the other 2728 peds are the sellers markup.

Who on earth would pay TT+2728K for a 165ped (AT TT) Justifier MkV. The decay is 1.25 pec. Add in the lost "markup" when it worn out, and the decay goes up to 22 pec, almost 20 times as much decay. With the item being repairable, even at "worn out" status, it's still worth 2728peds, as the buyer can fix it, so all the user has lost is the 165 peds TT value.

I have no objection to there being L items, as long as there are also repairable items. IT also seems sensible that the L items work better, as the cost of the improved performance is the fact that once it's worn out, you can't fix it, so have to buy another one. It also makes sence that crafted items should be L, as that will force the end user to buy another, helping the crafters.

Mining amps are a good example of this. They are only avaliable from crafters, and are L items. So this is good for the crafters, as they are assured of a demand for their products.

Q. What would I do if all items Became L?
A. Quit.

Noggin said:
On a side note, it might just be me not noticing before, but the "new" items MA talked about in the VU appear to be limited weapons, and they're LOOTED!

Letting mobs drop (L) items doesn't work in the long run, because for each (L) item that is dropped hunters will experience 100 "no-loots" (assuming the average loot normally is 2 ped and the value of the item is 200 ped). Or seen at another way, for each (L) item dropped 3-5 hunters that hunt for around 100 ped will experience crap loots for a day that barely covers the decay.

(This is a purely mathematical reason, so it might not work this way in reality.)

They won't do it.
It would be stupid if they didn't implement it properly and impleting it properly would require too much work.

Noggin said:
Maybe Miller will post a screenie with the details!?

Maybe you should stop being such a presumptious arse :mad:

I mean, sure mate! Why the heck not? :D

There are screenies of it already, but my stats on it appear to be bugged - Im not quite sure how I have 0.0/10 on hit and critical hit ability :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Stryker said:
Well Rei has a point; so does Nicole. As Marco stated in his post, MA feels that the people who were around at the start and helped get this thing off the ground should be at a higher level than us players who started more recently. I agree with him.

I don't agree with him. I think they have had it good for long enough, MA shouldn't assume they can give them a free ride forever and everyone else should just accept it.

Stryker said:
As for my equipment situation, I guess Im on the fence, having the best gun/armor, but not the fap. But does that stop me? NO. You dont have to have all the best shit to be #1 :wise:

But you aren't number 1 are you :)

Dorsai said:
Who on earth would pay TT+2728K for a 165ped (AT TT) Justifier MkV. The decay is 1.25 pec. Add in the lost "markup" when it worn out, and the decay goes up to 22 pec, almost 20 times as much decay. With the item being repairable, even at "worn out" status, it's still worth 2728peds, as the buyer can fix it, so all the user has lost is the 165 peds TT value.

I've never seen any (L) item priced at anything near that markup (except for display). However, some (L) items do have a high markup. Aside from greed (which doesn't matter because either the items are priced reasonably or they are not sold/crafted), the reason for the prices is based on the cost to get the (L) bps in the first place. Nevermind the crazy prices of some of the mats required to make the item, I think many people don't realize the cost of hundreds and thousands of clicks required to get these bps to drop. And then there is the cost for the crafter of getting the skills to make the items in the first place...

If you have to "fish" over many hundreds of clicks on level 3 or 4 bps to get some of these (L) bps to drop, it's just not worth it for a crafter given the price people are willing to pay for them. And that's why you hardly ever see the high level (L) items.

MA is to blame for not designing the system so it can work.

Miller said:
Maybe you should stop being such a presumptious arse :mad:

I mean, sure mate! Why the heck not? :D

There are screenies of it already, but my stats on it appear to be bugged - Im not quite sure how I have 0.0/10 on hit and critical hit ability :)

Seens to be bugged for me to, when I check the korss 400 that is at auction now it says 10/10 and no more learning bonus, and I'm just a "competent laser pistoleer". ;)

i wont buy something that cant be repaired and has decay, that is just pointless, i really dont understand the whole concept if MA weere to make all weapons (L) then i would definitly pitch a fit!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt hunt until it was fixed like a strike or somthing i dunno i really dont want to think about them doin something like that.

CrazyGirl said:
i wont buy something that cant be repaired and has decay, that is just pointless, i really dont understand the whole concept if MA weere to make all weapons (L) then i would definitly pitch a fit!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt hunt until it was fixed like a strike or somthing i dunno i really dont want to think about them doin something like that.

I'm using (and been using) a few (L) "weapons", such as the whip and boxing gloves and such. It's good when the market on them works; when it's possible to get new ones at low markup (like 101%) when the old ones wears out, so that I don't mind. Also, these L items makes it possible for mid-level crafters to make items that is actually usable in some sense, not just to craft TT food until they hit the jackpot and loot a top-level blueprint.

On the negative side, the market for some of these items doesn't work, so prices on them goes through the skyes. And, for me the market of 1 attempts (L) blueprints looks more or less like a lottery with expensive lottery tickets.

Bristelhog used to drop M2870, it seems that gun has been replaced with the korss.

I just tried that gun, and must say I realy like it. Rarely miss, and high damage. I think the avarage damage is pretty close to my other gun (m2910) but at a considerable lower cost.

Witte said:
Bristelhog used to drop M2870, it seems that gun has been replaced with the korss.

I just tried that gun, and must say I realy like it. Rarely miss, and high damage. I think the avarage damage is pretty close to my other gun (m2910) but at a considerable lower cost.

Well, I guess it's only to say "grats" to the people that loot it, either for their own use (nice stats) or selling at auction (market value seems to be around 160%). Since the TT is more than 100 ped, I doubt that it will drop so all mid-level hunters will be able to get one.

The rest of us will still be grinding with opalo, or use the old, nerfed guns though.

aia said:
Well, I guess it's only to say "grats" to the people that loot it, either for their own use (nice stats) or selling at auction (market value seems to be around 160%). Since the TT is more than 100 ped, I doubt that it will drop so all mid-level hunters will be able to get one.

The rest of us will still be grinding with opalo, or use the old, nerfed guns though.

The one i looted was just 33 ped :\ They are not that hard to loot. I also have allot of m2780 in my storage also from bristels. But i dont think the gun last long enough to loot another with it, so you can contunue using it. So you will at some point need to buy one, or just switch back to opalo until you loot one again. (thats what i do)

My prediction is that ALL guns in the future will be replaced with a (L) counterpart. So there will be allot more of these items in auction and the prices will be lower.

will come

am sure MA will put some ubers limited items.
but am affraid crafters will kepp bp's only for ubes players like now. evil ampl exist but the good crafters made only for VIP's . so dont think will have ever a uber limited item :D

Zarah Reaper Ga said:
As time goes by and new blprs are introduced, I began to wonder will current blprs become (L) and then will current items become (L) just to spice up the revenue flow.

Will you quit, complain, or get over it?

Z

I'll spend less time at the PC and more at the GYM or Heli-Skiing :rolleyes:

Maybe to run away before MA realise that Entropia universe (L) will have income (L).

My deposits will become very (L) if that should come to pass.

Back