What will you do when MA makes all items (L)?

just one thought, they dont need to make all items L...they need just remove repair terminals. In that way they get their results and dont affect your items directly (agains wchich some may protest, course it is "ava stuff" in same way. But repair terminals ? Thats MA service ;)

Don't give them ideas...

just one thought, they dont need to make all items L...they need just remove repair terminals. In that way they get their results and dont affect your items directly (agains wchich some may protest, course it is "ava stuff" in same way. But repair terminals ? Thats MA service

Removing the repair terminal would be a HUGE mistake.

Now, on the other hand, what they could do, in theory, is not put a repair terminal on the new planets... that way they promote people to travel between planets.

In my eyes everything should been L from the start, we would have a better economy if that was the case, and then one could in very rare occasions loot an unlimited item.

I can think of a lot of good reasons for the economy why MA might do this and one over-riding reason why they won't.

To this day they advertise this game on the (largely false) idea that you can make money. A number of people suddenly going very public (and I'm sure they would) saying we spent '000 for something and MA wiped the value away overnight would be such a negative message that they would be dead.

Would anyone ever deposit a lot if they knew MA could change the rules tomorrow and make it worth less? Come to think of it, haven't they done that already?

Survival of PE/EU = an issue of balance..

Ability to have non-(L) items is one of main points,
why I'm here. Using an item, which with repairs will
last forever, worth investment u decide to make,

saves on markup instead from buying the same item
countless times, thus overpaying & I have eco-ones
in my mind. Of course, there's n of good (L) items,

but higher ones has crazy markups. In that other game
most of items is something in middle between (L) & UNL,
lasting only some repairs. And it sucks greatly, IMHO :confused:

P.S.: what should I do, if all items ever would go to (L)..?
Immediately switch 2 another games (I have alternatives).

Last edited:
Everyone should look at the date of the original post and most of the replies...

Mods please don't lock it!

current items become (L) just to spice up the revenue flow.

What will you do when this happens?

Will you quit, complain, or get over it?

Z

I will leave. Theres no point in doing businesses, with ppl who cant stay honest. Why would you, for example buy a car and then a couple months later, the car company drops by your house to do some up grades...mean while they turn your sports car into a turd?....I wont be doing business with that company again to say the least.

Congratz to most who picked up idea of my question,

If all items became (L) the Ubers (all 10 of them) would leave... and MA would .... not care, they have the PED already, they would keep the money because no one would pay 20K USD for a mod (L) adj (L) anything...

the rest of us would wear out our ghost / nem and MK II or Vat 100 our poor old 2600 and Fap 50's would last just a few clicks and then when it was all over ... we could all be uber or nOOb depending on loots ...

the people who craft would only do well if they could buy the materials to craft from those who hunt or mine. Hence sustaining all professions (except beauticians, sorry...).

I would mourn for my lost deposit but I dont think I would quit. I would have to evolve or die.

The only thing in PE that is free is dying.

Z.

Well the sinster long term plan is no more UL drops....soon P.O.E. L for dumping $ into competitions. They will continue to flood the market with L and maybe even more superior L stuff then we have now...until the market tanks on the UL and every one is using L, cause its soooo much better and eco.

When the UL market tanks for the better L items, they will let that ride, till the UL stuff is worthless and the system is slowly purged of the UL items, meaning its so worthless compared to L that ppl are temped to TT. How ever long that takes till they(MA) are happy. Then you will see that all L items that drop from mobs start to dry up. The materials that go into some of the UL crap armors and weapons will start disappearing, or be need so badly to make better stuff, that the old craftable stuff can not be made (Langotz anyone?) Process will take years though.

There will be less UL with higher price and more crafted only L stuff :twocents:

Just my opinion :silly2:

:revive:

well, 3 YEARS on and unlimited stuff still drops, including some pretty high end stuff. so i reckon that indicate MA has no intention of going all (L). which is nice.

There is room for both.

Really for a healthy economy L is the way to go. You want turnover, you want crafters to be needed, you want materials to be needed etc.

But, its got to be a careful balance between supply and demand. Too much and its worthless ,not enough and people cant find the weapons to go out hunting etc.

For me personally most of the stuff i use now is L, so if everything was L nothing would change.

Lol crystal...u trying do that in another topis, someone should give you op rights :)

back on topic :

I can easily imagine that in some years time as entropia will be becaming more andmore similar to RL most of things we see now will change.

So maybe in 20 years from now, when monitors and keyboards will be part of museum exposition it is possible that all gear will be L and unL ones will be like ancient exponate - still nice but not so good to use it anymore. It is possible to hapen at times when only terminal will be revival & soc terminal. Ammo will be crafted. Repairs will be made by other players ( no repair terminal ) and whole planet will be lootable PvP (but u are safe in cities, some kind of private police will kill any crazy "shooting at n00bs" ava and loot it and give victim their stuff back - not for free ofc, but maybe some kind of government will be pay for that)

We have seen bigger changes since 2003 so there is no reason to not worry about what MA/FPC think out next :)

I alredy use (L) and many ppl do i think is great to max something before the 10k skills.

But i use UL armors and not shore will like if they were all (L).:(

I guess i wont stay if there is only (L) things... :(

i think we should all panic, chipout, and quit because of L_topia

/end of sarcasim

i think we should all panic, chipout, and quit because of L_topia

/end of sarcasim

I LOVE this post, and the title, L_topia! That rocks!

One day, you will log into your storage after an update (that wasn't fully disclosed) and all your (UL) items will be (L). This game, and any other MMORPG (many men online role playing girls) nerf the crap out of what works, and completely forgets to fix what never worked in the first place. What is it in game.... Stamina.... and we are all at 9?

Either way, with irony fully in place, and my not believing in luck, this will happen, I will sell all my goodies at their worst possible moment in game history, cash out my the $20 value of all my crap and skills combined, quit, and go back to fishing more. :)

If that happens, and i doubt it will happen.

IT would just mean i would switch entirely to PVP. avatars dont inflict as much decay on armor compared to mobs. Also With SIB a good pvp gun should last a long time.

I dont think such a thing will happen. We will always have unlimited items. I can see them being an "uber" item though. Where eventually they will be how the current pre SIB ADJ/IMP/MOD are the uber items of early era entropia.
Eventually unlimited items will shrink in number as people get banned or quit then forget to check in now and then.

I will be glad, as we will finally have a fully working economy :D

Marco said ( in that X-fire event cause was one of my questions :D ) that MA is not interested in solely (L) items! :wise:

End of the thread

Demonikos :tiphat:

If all things become L I hope that MA stoped (or at least decreased)to put L stuff in the loot so that crafters could benefit from crafting ans selling stuff without having to compet with looted stuf with less markup.

Marco said ( in that X-fire event cause was one of my questions :D ) that MA is not interested in solely (L) items! :wise:

End of the thread

Demonikos :tiphat:

yea like sersiously this is a Necro thread anyways lock it already

I chose EU over AfterWorld for this reason (that EU allows ownership of some items, in a sense, while AW does not), so in a sense, I already quit AW over it. I'm not sure if I would quit EU though, unless a new game came along that did offer UL items.

Edit: Wow guys, I'm really sorry for the necro. Had no idea when I posted.

Back