Votes: 144 25.9%
  • 2 years ago

Votes: 44 7.9%
  • 3 or more years ago

Votes: 34 6.1%
  • never deposited

Votes: 66 11.8%

• Total voters
Started a new toon a few days ago, deposited to buy the set for UL Angel/Jaguar Armor from AH.
I used to play 5 years ago for about a year when I deposited regularly.
Then I withdrew everything and stopped playing (wish I didn't).
It was a positive balance in the end and I enjoyed the game too. But family freaked out about how much I've put into the game which made me stop.
Now I want to pick up where I left it but I understand, levelling a new character will be much less efficient and I have to deposit regularly before I get back to a positive balance again.

Ahh and one more. I missed this forum and I can see than after 4.5 years it's the same players attitude towards EU. Some bad, some good.

Reactions: Mac
I've deposited a few bucks, for the first time, a couple of weeks ago. And I hope I will do not do it again. :laugh:

NO exaggeration!
True story!
The worst run ever is a 15k ped abrer condition run with -9k ped in 1 hour!
I played 12 hours a day.1 day biggest lose is 23k ped!(abrer craft,101 craft,105 mining@cnd)

Rgds

Ultrue

Seriously, I would consider twice before even admitting to this.

I think someone took an extra tablet of exaggeration, and everyone else's exaggeration pills as well!

Either that or u did condition crafting or 109's mining runs, or hunted incredibly uneco

Rgds

Ace
Another opportunity to bag on people who don't have the same experiences as you huh Ace? Making a trip to Haiti to laugh at the poor starving children and let them know life's actually peachy, they're just impoverished because of their crap eco lifestyle, anytime soon Ace? Yeah thought so.
Fkn troll.

Last edited:
Started a new toon a few days ago, deposited to buy the set for UL Angel/Jaguar Armor from AH.
I used to play 5 years ago for about a year when I deposited regularly.
Then I withdrew everything and stopped playing (wish I didn't).
It was a positive balance in the end and I enjoyed the game too. But family freaked out about how much I've put into the game which made me stop.
Now I want to pick up where I left it but I understand, levelling a new character will be much less efficient and I have to deposit regularly before I get back to a positive balance again.
Impressive first purchase lol... hope you ain't gonna be hunting Daiki/Merps in those digs :laugh:

Never have Depo'd, probably never will.

Another opportunity to bag on people who don't have the same experiences as you huh Ace? Making a trip to Haiti to laugh at the poor starving children and let them know life's actually peachy, they're just impoverished because of their crap eco lifestyle, anytime soon Ace? Yeah thought so.
Fkn troll.

ROFL, time for that ignore button again ;) Which reminds me, this is your second EF avatar i will ignore, oh well, bye byes ;)

Rgds

Ace

I used to deposit some time ago, but stopped that due to very long break. Now I could afford to deposit some cash regulary, but I wont do that because I think game was seriously screwed since vu 10. As long as returns between 30-50% will be something normal and not just happen once in a while I dont see any point in depositing 1k $ that will be totally wasted after few days. As long as there will be more big uber hofs on noob mobs (small argo, drones, feffs, etc.) than on mobs that needs some skills and gear to kill, MA wont see my cash. But as soon as MA will start to think seriously about players needs and not about their needs and bank accounts, I will deposit again. But I have a strange feeling that this could never happen ;)

Wow, 800$ is a lot of money!

It depends on how you look at it. As I said, I played 4-5hrs 6-7 days a week, thats around 120 hrs/month. so if you look at the cost/hr it actualy is less than going to the movies or a football game. It also allowed me to collect some nice armour-sets (phantom, salamander, viking, grem, some eon/angel/vain/martial SGA-pieces), and some guns. So a certain part of my deposits is still ingame, I even can sell the items whenever i want and get some of my $ back in cas I would like to. So yes, 800$ a month is rather much but atleast i had fun for it and I can recover some of it.

bad poll, miss some options:

this week
today

:)

Now guess what I would have voted for if those two exist :D

yeah noticed that too... huge gaps. What about, a couple hours ago, an hour ago... once every hour?

I deposit often considering only a few months in, I lose it all. But at least, unlike other gambling websites like pokerstars, pkr, and dreampoker (which vanished overnight along with my 100 shares in the company), I get to mess around with my avatar. Can't even get new clothes, new skills, or change the appearance of your avatar on those gambling websites. So it's all good. :laugh:

...how could i lose 130k PED in 2 months with maxed finders,maxed guns and BPs ,they answered the next :
Thank you for your feedback. MindArk PE AB offers Entropia Universe as an exciting and ENTERTAINING virtual universe where the participants are free to choose how to form their experience...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

unbelievable!

I think I always deposited/wasted what the fun was worth for me. it used to be several thousands of peds per month while it was still good old PE. with every nerf since 2006 my deposits got less accordingly. about 2 years ago I set a strict limit to my deposits - no more than 500 ped a month in average over a yearly period. that was totally enough to have fun in 2008. made a couple of small deposits last year to buy some SGA tickets. I did not see a single item, of course, which pushed me twice further from depositing button. the entertainment of this year was worth exactly 700 ped so far and I am seriously thinking if the rest of the year will be worth around the same or 2 times less... =)

I am wondering now if I am a wierd exception that simply does not match the business plan of MA or there is something wrong with the plan itself and that is why even 10/10 guys have tough times... a couple of years ago skills did matter - the better those were, the better the average return. many things happened since then that might result in such changes in return rate indeed. what I can't see is some constructive action from MA's side to change that... but my small to zero deposits are ready to wait some more =)

J.

Fkn troll.

So Ace was saying the guy was either exaggerating or blowing his peds with unreasonable activities (what the guy admited a few posts later).

And something in your mind made you think criticizing someone who blows 900$ a hour in EU is comparable to laughing at starving children?! Something in your world must be pretty bad inverted.

So Ace was saying the guy was either exaggerating or blowing his peds with unreasonable activities (what the guy admited a few posts later).

And something in your mind made you think criticizing someone who blows 900$ a hour in EU is comparable to laughing at starving children?! Something in your world must be pretty bad inverted.

Mmmmmm Starving children.... "Yummy" Says the troll

I've been in EU for a year next month. I've deposited almost 3k usd. Last few months I've been depositing only about 80 usd per month. I'm in the society I was aiming for, got what I consider the perfect armor/weapons I need, and regained some of my sanity. I've withdrawn about 500 USD in the past 3 months. If EU doesn't change its tune, I don't know how long it'll be around. that's why i got some of my money out. Every time I see some monster loot being dropped on one person hunting the uber mobs, I wonder what the hell are they thinking? Just one of those monster loots per month dropped on a low end argo or even a comibo would generate more buzz in the gaming community than opening five planets. You would see clouds of noobs. sure a lot of them would drop out, but you would get a good percentage that would stay I think.
Almost Every noob I chat with that says he just started has one question. How can I make money here? I think If MA is a publicly traded company, the time is coming soon when the board will fire the upper management. I think the uber suits must be sweating right about now.

Yeah... I have a bad inverted.
Anyways, Ace was taking a dig.

......missing the "Today" Option here lol :D

never deposited

I did once win a 100 PED credit card thingy, but I've never deposited my own money (just wasted a butt load of time sweating/trading).

Deposited last night 400ped (less fees). 17PED remaining.
Level of enjoyment? Low.
Time in-game? 2.5 hours approx.
Customer satisfaction? Zero.

Why do I keep depositing? Addiction? :dunno:
I CAN'T STOP! :(

ps: I deposited another 500PED (less fees) an hour ago ready to gamble away after work...

nb: I sincerely need help with my Entropia gambling addiction but am too embarassed to talk to people irl about it... it kinda hurts to know, cause I'm 100% serious. EU is killing my life. Anyone who's had professional help please PM me as I have a few questions!

I don't think I spent that much so fast, but then again I slowly stopped playing the game

you just need to find a new hobbie

I did and now I spent my money on airsoft, at least I'm not throwing my money away on pixels

My last deposit was befor last WoF match.

Glad I won´t have to deposit for the next mach, and still can do powerhunt the full duration of the match.

I am regular depositor, normally 2-3 small deposits / month.
Strictly limiting the total amount of deposits / month !!!!

last deposit was 2 years ago ... I'm in the Eco-hunt period and will stay here. :D

Bored of paying for big guns when the returns are the same shit while hunting smaller mobs

The last time I needed to. It doesn't happen very often.

I used to deposit roughly 110-150€/month. Last deposit I made tho was in December 2009.

Deposited last night 400ped (less fees). 17PED remaining.
Level of enjoyment? Low.
Time in-game? 2.5 hours approx.
Customer satisfaction? Zero.

Why do I keep depositing? Addiction? :dunno:
I CAN'T STOP! :(

ps: I deposited another 500PED (less fees) an hour ago ready to gamble away after work...

nb: I sincerely need help with my Entropia gambling addiction but am too embarassed to talk to people irl about it... it kinda hurts to know, cause I'm 100% serious. EU is killing my life. Anyone who's had professional help please PM me as I have a few questions!

if your absolutely serious then remove the activation on your debit / credit cards you'll be limited to 500ped per month.

I don't think I spent that much so fast, but then again I slowly stopped playing the game

you just need to find a new hobbie

I did and now I spent my money on airsoft, at least I'm not throwing my money away on pixels

I've gotten into reading again. I've read more books in the last 18 months than in the rest of my life, I've lost count but I think it's now into the 60 to 70 range and I've just spotted a new Disc World book is due out in September :)

Last edited:
Seriously, if your having a hard time managing it, remove the credit card access, uninstall the app, step away from the computer, and find something more productive to do with your time.

The longer your afk, the more perspective you get about the whole thing and you start to see how easy it is to let yourself become manipulated by MA and the other players, for their benefit, not yours.

The less you have "invested" (time and money) the easier it is to see it for what it is and then you wonder how you ever spent so much time and money on it in the first place.

If your depo'ing to Hunt, Craft or Mine, your gambling.

If your depo'ing to buy an "income producing asset" in this game, your speculating.

If your depo'ing to buy a rare item that you think your going to sell for more then you bought because its going up in price, your speculating.

If your depo'ing to buy an expensive item to attempt to lower your cost of play so you can possibly break even, your speculating.

If your depo'ing to skill or buy skills because you think they might possibly make a difference and make you profitable or be able to sell them back at some point to recover your costs, your speculating.

Gambling and speculating are very high risk things to do with your money. High Risk means your most likely going to loose it.

If your an independently wealthy person, like a trust fund kid, with no responsibilities and more cash then you could possibly spend in your lifetime then gratz to you, what's the problem, have fun!

If your not a trust fund kid, but you have NO consumer debt, 6 months liquid cash emergency reserves in the bank, bills are paid, food is on the table, clothes on your back, insurance paid up, 401k fully funded, IRA fully funded, car is paid off, job/career/school is in good shape and on track, spent time with the family, and you can still afford a small percentage of your portfolios cash to speculate or gamble with in any of the above areas for fun, then go for it if that's what you want to do with your speculative bucket of money.

Otherwise you need to either gtfo, or start enjoying limiting your play to gathering professions (sweat/dung/rocks/fruit/oil) until you do have all that other stuff taken care of first.

Or, keep the kool-aid IV stuck in your arm and keep dumping your life into it and pray you hit the lotto jackpot, *cough* I mean ATH that's big enough to pull your ass out of the hole your digging and then pray you don't give it all back when and if you ever do. :)

i used to deposit every month.I was so stupid.... 2 months ago i decided to stop deposit and i quit the game.now i with the money i used to depo i have twice more fun in RL ,spending more time for me and my friends.

15 posts since you declared that you quit , two months prior.

I'm thinking your friends are waiting for you to stop posting and come and play with them.

Bones

Back