Where has shiver gone?

Status

horseye

Hatchling
Before you moderators delete this message could you please answer the following question. For the record I am not shiver but know him and he claims to have been inexplicably banned and browsing his posts I am also confused as to what heinous crime he has commited. For the rest of us on this forum could you please clarify his terminal mistake so we may avoid the same dire consequences as he.

Because he was already banned once with the username "Brute God", then apparently he made another account, which now has been banned too....

The way he post is not for these forums, even his second account had really bad reputation given by other members.

MindBuster said:
Because he was already banned once with the username "Brute God", then apparently he made another account, which now has been banned too....

The way he post is not for these forums, even his second account had really bad reputation given by other members.

Oh diddums - did he havea a bad reputation? Whats the point in a reputation system if it's purely there for your benefit to rule over the forum? I thought the idea of it was to make it a bit more intersting by seeing how your posts were viewed.

I've asked him and he said he got a bad rep for swearing in one post. However, you never mentioned this to him at the time so why ban him later?

Yes he is Brute God - he changed his name because he was banned but after being here for a while decided to 'come out' and posted his hof in the hof room. I didn't see anyone complaining about that did you? No, because they didn't.

I'm quite bored of this and I think all you've done is enrage a perfectly normally person with your draconian rule of the boards - you've even moved this thread!!! Control freak. The idea of a forum is that the membes create a personality for it and set the scene, not the vicious (and probably bored) dictator who has to monitor and stick his nose into everything without even consulting the member. I don't see this board getting more members - I'll be recommending everyone goes to Pioneers where they've got a bit more humility and maturity about them. Interesting that you're the only moderator on here don't you think? Can't let go of the control, thats why.

horseye said:
Interesting that you're the only moderator on here don't you think? Can't let go of the control, thats why.

Being an admin on other forums and knowing alot of other admins that have forums i know that when adding 5 moderators you automatically add 10 troublemakers.

When these forums started some members "needed" to test me out too, so i quiclky set some "rules" on how to behave here, if adding 5 moderators alot of members would "test them out", causing even more moderation.

This is years of experience, my own and other forum admins experience.

In the 3 months this forum have been up there have been very little need for moderation, the members are behaving mature, posting meaningfull replies.

I think all regular users give their support to MB in this thing.

No one wants that kind of trolling back.

MindBuster said:
Being an admin on other forums and knowing alot of other admins that have forums i know that when adding 5 moderators you automatically add 10 troublemakers.

When these forums started some members "needed" to test me out too, so i quiclky set some "rules" on how to behave here, if adding 5 moderators alot of members would "test them out", causing even more moderation.

This is years of experience, my own and other forum admins experience.

In the 3 months this forum have been up there have been very little need for moderation, the members are behaving mature, posting meaningfull replies.

I'm afraid I don't see your logic. Does recruiting more police in the real world automatically 'create' more criminals? Of course it doesn't.

I would also disagree that these boards don't need more moderation. Moderation means just that, moderate, temperate and rational. I don't see these characteristics in you.

A moderate appraoch would have been a pm to Brute to say 'i've seen what you've done and I'm watching you!' not ' ', Banned.

You need moderating.

i'm just wondering if horseye is the same guy? This forum has RULES if you follow them you have no problems. If you dont you get banned it's pretty simple. I recall shivers post being nothing but agaist the rules and just anoying in general glad he's banned.

EF is great becasue of Mindbusters moderation and 99% of the people who realy play PE and love this forum i think agree with his choices.

RexDameon said:
i'm just wondering if horseye is the same guy? This forum has RULES if you follow them you have no problems. If you dont you get banned it's pretty simple. I recall shivers post being nothing but agaist the rules and just anoying in general glad he's banned.

EF is great becasue of Mindbusters moderation and 99% of the people who realy play PE and love this forum i think agree with his choices.

If I was the same guy surely I'd be banned by now. I'm not. I'm someone who disagrees with MB.

His posts were rational and helpful.

Horseye-
when you are running a forum of your own time and money you can choose to do business however way you see fit.
This is MB's forum... so we must abide by his rules... which are, in actuality, very lenient and respectful to all members

horseye said:
His posts were rational and helpful.

Lol

And you know this because?

I think I pretty much only remember couple trolling posts.

I call bullshit. He is the same guy. Look how he knows so many details of the issues. At anyrate. This crap is not needed here. Take yourself and leave. You are waisting our time and your time.

DD
:evilking:

Horseye I gotta say, and I think alot agrees with me, that this is the best forum Ive been to, at least thats PE-related. And its all MB. All of it. The people that have been here a lil while respects him and his decitions and I thik that should be a requirement if someone wants to be here too. This ISNT a official forum. Its MB's forum. There's one thing about disagreeing with the mod's opinion on certain matters, but I see no reason for you to argue on the way MB handles this forum. If you dont like it -Leave. Go to EP or something where they have LOTS of Moderators.

horseye said:
If I was the same guy.

Please check your Reverse DNS, as15444, IP address VERY close to Shivers, but the DNS is the same. :rolleyes:

MindBuster said:
Please check your Reverse DNS, as15444, IP address VERY close to Shivers, but the DNS is the same. :rolleyes:

I think one locked thread and banned account would be nice now.

Lets get back to PE :)

Essi said:
I think one locked thread and banned account would be nice now.

Lets get back to PE :)

You got my vote!

Mindbuster does the best job of moderating an entire, very active, forum by himself I have ever seen .. and that's alot of work. Don't disrespect someone who does so much for the community. :mad: ..esspecially when you're trying to defend a total jackass.

I second that.

The good Thing on having a own Forum is to have all Rigths Moderating it in the Way you want to. Your Feedback is the given by the Account of Persons who use the Forum Regulary. Depending to that Point MBs Forum is pretty Sucessfull and means Most Members agree with the Moderator Style, otherwhise they would leave. MB does a great Job and i havn't seen mutch Moderation here because the Users understand to make Polite and Constructive Threads and Replys. Shivers Postings was made with the Intention to get in Flamewar with other Forum Users and we dont need this kind of Bull***** here. A lot of Forum users saw this in that Way and Spread Negative Rep. IF someone dont like a Forum and the Way it moderated - nobody force them to Stay. There may other Forums they like more.

Regards

Fiona

Skam said:
Horseye I gotta say, and I think alot agrees with me, that this is the best forum Ive been to, at least thats PE-related. And its all MB. All of it. The people that have been here a lil while respects him and his decitions and I thik that should be a requirement if someone wants to be here too. This ISNT a official forum. Its MB's forum. There's one thing about disagreeing with the mod's opinion on certain matters, but I see no reason for you to argue on the way MB handles this forum. If you dont like it -Leave. Go to EP or something where they have LOTS of Moderators.

i totally agree... i mean, i think MB is doing a great job, and everybody nows it.
i truly havnt seen anyone doing better so far, and u must consider that it is a hard job on your own!

I figure this person is very young of age.

People of young age might have a hard time understanding that profane language creates a discofortable feeling in i.e a forum.
Because the profanity isnt directly pointed at a person including profane names and such, most of them think it's ok.

After I joined PE in late 2003, I had veryvery few encounters with people of this calibre. Lately the cursingtrend has exploded.
There are veryvery many newcomers running around cursing people, and these people are of young age, not sessecairly by age, but mind.

I curse like hell IRL, but thats almost mandatory in my part of the country, we're raised that way. People from southern more counties are a little stunned when they hear us in action. But I keep it clean and nice in PE and whenever talking to other people through textbased communication. why? beacause you cant read bodylanguage and notice differences in tone while reading, and therefore you dont know the "level of seriousity" of your expressions.
Talking IRL you can curse as much as you want almost without anyone caring, because you change tone if things arent ment seriously, and people then understand. Text doesnt work that way. You can feed smileys into it, but its far from the same.

Lots of jibberish?

Summa Summarum:
If anyone disagree with MindBusters rules of this forum, they can go dance the jolly wiggle from a tree for all I care, or just go to EP, just keep your ugly and profane mouth shut when talking to people you dont know how feel about profanity.

rstock said:
Summa Summarum:
If anyone disagree with MindBusters rules of this forum, they can go dance the jolly wiggle from a tree for all I care, or just go to EP, just keep your ugly and profane mouth shut when talking to people you dont know how feel about profanity.

I am both shocked and stunned by your rude and profane remarks, i do howver agree with them :D

Something tells me this thread will get locked soon :locked:

interestingly enough following a temp ban and much negotiation and promises made and broken this poster "Brute God" was banned indefinately on EP on 16 Apr 2005 :mad:

radical said:
interestingly enough following a temp ban and much negotiation and promises made and broken this poster "Brute God" was banned indefinately on EP on 16 Apr 2005 :mad:

Arent everyone indefinatly banned soon? :hammer:

Knuckles said:
Arent everyone indefinatly banned soon? :hammer:
I was thinking 44 bans out of 9K user's wasn't a bad average :rolleyes:

anyways I meant this to be in support of the great forum MB runs here and not to become a debate about EP :tongue2:

rstock said:
Summa Summarum:

I love you, you know that? :love:

Hmm, guess we are done with this thread....

:locked:

Status
Back