Where to find the Entropia Universe Planet Development Kit software?

Valand

Provider
Society
Valand Prospecting & Engineering
Less Valand Ismore
Poor information about the EUPDK software, no information of when the software will be released or where to download it. Has anyone found the software for downloading yet?

er... wait what? :confused:

As far as I could see this will only be available to planet partners.

I quote:
Becoming a Planet Partner
The Basics

Mindark offers its license-free Entropia Universe Planet Development Kit (EUPDK) to select organizations wishing to create their own planets within Entropia Universe completely free of charge. The revenue generated on the Partner Planet is shared between Mindark and the planet Partner.
The Planet Partner is responsible for creation of the Graphical Content, the Operation and Marketing of the Partner Planet. Upon formal agreement to a Planet Partner Agreement, the latest EUPDK is provided to the Planet Partner as well as access to EUPDK development documentation, manuals, specifications and a direct feedback bulletin board.

what the feck are you smoking???

I want some...... :kos:

You can only get that IF Ma decides you can dump enough money into EU for them to give you server space.

As far as I could see this will only be available to planet partners.

I quote:

Maybe so but anyway its problem to know where to find it and how to get it. I have now emailed MA about it so just wait and see what they say.

You can only get that IF Ma decides you can dump enough money into EU for them to give you server space.

I dont think its about money , but about potantial player you can bring...
I am sure if you come with good idea , som nice plan of developement , and a little team to start work on your project you may get a planet.

Never forget that many many of the top game in game history , was only a bunch of friend that did bielive in they idea and make it come true, from what i know EU is one of them , but also diablo,GTA just to name very few.
MA would be total blind to not give a chance to som crazy dev team that come with hope but not the big money to back up.

MA dont care who you are , as long as you built the planet and there is player willing to go there.

Also , its proven fact that the "hear say" work 10 time better than the big trumpet PR.

It's not the problem where and how to get it, it's the problem how much you're willing to pay for it. Maybe, EF community could put 100 PED together everyone, then we may buy our own planet and even receive a development kit. I'm professional amateur graphical artist (means, I have a lot of knowledge, but doesn't work as), anyone else ?

Let's set up a staff for creating our own Planet... Project Entropia !

@Eto: If it wouldn't be MA, i really would believe in your theory, kinda sadly to have to say something like that

Would be friggen awesome to create a whole planet!

I like the way MA want to do this. Free SDK without any limitations to the Planet Partner. Opens up unlimited possibilities as far as different planets are concerned. Will guarantee every single planet will have unique virtual items. :yay:

Maybe, EF community could put 100 PED together everyone, then we may buy our own planet and even receive a development kit.

then we can create a clone planet of current one and call it Calypso!
we will have the same game we have now intact,no matter what the future brings in!

Would be friggen awesome to create a whole planet!

I like the way MA want to do this. Free SDK without any limitations to the Planet Partner. Opens up unlimited possibilities as far as different planets are concerned. Will guarantee every single planet will have unique virtual items. :yay:

But all managed by MA so dont dream on free great item falling from sky.

Yeah but how much?

I wonder how much it costs to become a planet partner. Anyone know??

I wonder how much it costs to become a planet partner. Anyone know??

MA say they give the kit for free , so i guess beeing partenair is free.
Now making a planette and the advert around may cost a lot... but that not MA part.

It's not the problem where and how to get it, it's the problem how much you're willing to pay for it. Maybe, EF community could put 100 PED together everyone, then we may buy our own planet and even receive a development kit. I'm professional amateur graphical artist (means, I have a lot of knowledge, but doesn't work as), anyone else ?

@Eto: If it wouldn't be MA, i really would believe in your theory, kinda sadly to have to say something like that

I got 10 years as a sales/marketing manager, im in ;)

im going to make a bold prediction here and say you will never be able to freely/legally download the EUSDK. it will the cryengine2 SDK, which is normally a licenced product you pay for, plus a bunch of MA created tools. they arent going to allow every tom dick and harry to have it.

Buy a planet and you get this Kit for free!

im going to make a bold prediction here and say you will never be able to freely/legally download the EUSDK. it will the cryengine2 SDK, which is normally a licenced product you pay for, plus a bunch of MA created tools. they arent going to allow every tom dick and harry to have it.
That MA give it free to partner dont mean they will put it for free download neither it will be avaible for evry ramdom joe that claim he will make a planet...

pretty sure you have to contact them to get it..

I assume you need to bring some serious money with you too lol

well, if anybody decides to go ahead with the idea of forming a EF company and developing a planet, i'm in!!!:yay:

well, if anybody decides to go ahead with the idea of forming a EF company and developing a planet, i'm in!!!:yay:

Yes i realize that its for partners only and will cost some/plenty of money to be part of this, but i believe in this platform for future promtion, branding and sales of products.

I will check this up for sure and if anyone wants to join me and my ideas please PM me.

Valand

If you have a good plan and a development team ready, i'm sure MA will be happy to provide you with the planet builder.

Like Etopia said, they're not gonna give it away to every random Joe who wants to take a peek at the builder.

Im a programmer I can code almost all languages including C++ or C# with DirectX :) im IN !!

I'm professional amateur graphical artist (means, I have a lot of knowledge, but doesn't work as), anyone else ?

Let's set up a staff for creating our own Planet... Project Entropia

Professional designer/developer reporting for duty :)

But I doubt they will hand out the SDK to anyone not representing an xM $ firm as it opens certain insight. Besides, if we'd start up a planet and we would use Entropians to beta test I think most entropians - besides the investors or heavy gear owners - would go back in time (alpha/beta) instead of spending time in the "Gold" age ... And I equally doubt First Planet will allow you in the Calypso galaxy meaning you won't be able to create items that are useful for Calypso. But it could be interesting nonetheless...

All the answers are already available at Mindark.com for those who bother to look:

Becoming a Planet Partner:
http://www.mindark.com/partners/get-your-own-virtual-worl/

Mindark.com said:
Becoming a Planet Partner

The Basics
Mindark offers its license-free Entropia Universe Planet Development Kit (EUPDK) to carefully selected corporations wishing to create their own planets within Entropia Universe. The offer is open to organizations around the globe with a strategy for a presence on the 3D web.

The Planet Partner is responsible for Concept Design, creation of the Graphical Content, the Operation and Marketing of the planet.

Upon formal agreement to a Planet Partner Agreement, the latest EUPDK is provided to the Planet Partner as well as access to EUPDK development documentation, manuals, specifications and direct feedback.

The revenue generated on the Partner Planet is shared between Mindark and the planet Partner.

Requirements
Company, corporation or organization with financial stability and ability to provide:

• concept design
  • graphical development
  • operations
  • marketing

Potential Planet Partners are expected to provide Mindark with:

• unique exciting concept ideas for the planet(s)
  • a project plan.
  • a budget for the whole project addressing all areas of partner responsibility
  • a marketing plan.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
This very idea was touched upon in this thread (scroll to where Ozi states his financial ideas). According to him, the financing may not be the hard part. It's coming up with a solid enough PLAN to convince MA that the group is not only serious, but has a serious chance for success.

I think between all the professionals in this forum alone, we have the talent needed to do such a thing...

I got 10 years as a sales/marketing manager, im in ;)

I just got 3 years over and besides also have kinda some experience with tools like sandbox (what MA f.e. is using) etc :)

@Ido: Huh, we're gettin up a team on this thread, maybe we should create a usergroup for that. Einherjer would be in too as coder I think, but we don't need to do very much, just need to do the balancing (under MA control) and the graphical part setting up the planet and mobs :)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just got 3 years over and besides also have kinda some experience with tools like sandbox (what MA f.e. is using) etc :)

@Ido: Huh, we're gettin up a team on this thread, maybe we should create a usergroup for that. Einherjer would be in too as coder I think, but we don't need to do very much, just need to do the balancing (under MA control) and the graphical part setting up the planet and mobs :)

actually i believe ther would be alot of coding to do .. unles u want Planet Calypso 2 which would be a direct clone with the same gameplay ...

If u want a variation from what EU is today you would have to code all the systems, Monster AI, Action-Reaction things, item properties animations and so on and so on ... basing on the engine of course.

to give you an example ... what happens when the player pulls the trigger ... how are his skills interpreted do you want to implement different damages basing at the area the person is aiming at ... like instant kill on headshot ... i dont think MA would impose any of their hunting mechanisms on to planet partners ... can u for example pick up a rock and use that as a weapon or at least smaller mob repelant :p ?

A lot of coding would be involved imho.

Back