FYI: Whining's Profitable Hunting Log Q2 2015

Status
when ever some 1 asks me about advice regarding grinding/hunting they always ask about setups/mobs etc..
and i always tell them that having an bankroll is the most important part imo
and to give some idea ,i still have times where i have to tt loot cause my bankroll is notenough and i have around 90k

It's amusing only in that a lot of what people tell me is to hunt mobs that are 10ped a kill... but in the end.. my bankroll is no where even sufficient for that and neither is theirs.

If your entire hunt is your entire bank roll.. you have an extremely high risk of ruin. When i card counted, my risk of ruin was never more than 2%. My risk of ruin now with my bank roll is almost 25% when doing 6 and 7 ped mobs.

Just something to consider. It is why I do a lot of 2 and 3 ped mobs atm.

Last edited:
I tell people the same, but managed to screw up anyway because:

- I spent 13,000 of my hunting budget on gear too early
- I went from cycling 30k a month to cycling 30k a week over night

I'll be putting some loot in the TT as well as making a small deposit. I don't want to drain my account by TTing too much loot and selling off stuff. The idea is to make it grow over time. As I noticed, the loss so far this month is only about 700 PED when adding everything up, there is no reason for panic yet.

I need to get better at cycling loot though. Just a few days ago I found 2,500+ ped of limited weapons in storage just because I've been to lazy to go to Caly and sell it.

I need to get more organized.

And 90k not being enough, I know you hunt at a high level, but that's amazing. It's no wonder that people with a few hundred ped in bankroll have a hard time squeezing markup out.

i want to comment on some of the things you write

you say you inevsted 13k too fast. thats one of your major issue. i saw you want stuff quick and jump right onto for example unl equipment. i don't wanna know how much you lost "reselling" the equus etc etc. i too have this enthusiam sometimes to do that and this "now" but i leant somehow to stop myself. you have to think more "long term". plan not for the next days but for the next months. but still jump on opportunities when they are there..

i personaly wouldn't invest in unl weapon for example...
i would use those "unl gear money" to stock me with L weapons when they are cheap..
for example during MM i bought like 2k lc-150 for 106%, i still have some left which i can either use or sell at 117%...
if i use half the weapons and sell the other half at current market price i paid negative MU for the ones i used..
if you keep your eye open you can often get lots of L stuff cheap during events. you also don't have your ped investen in MU but in the actual tt.
with your available ped you should be able to stock enough during events to keep you equipped plus making some peds here and there if some of those weapons "peak"

another thing is as you mentioned finding 2.5k tt of weaps..ALWAYS keep the auction stocked...this doesn't has to be only caly..i sold lots of weapons on cyrene and rt..i do round trips often to fill caly, ark, cyrene and rt auction..
it would be stupid to list 8 same weapons on caly, but listing 2 on each planet is the way..this generates an ongoing income..
ideally you combine this with farming some MU on those planets when you are tehre and also put the planet specific ressources in the planets auction..with lots of different L weapons bought cheap you should be very flexible in hunting lots of different good stuff

It's amusing only in that a lot of what people tell me is to hunt mobs that are 10ped a kill... but in the end.. my bankroll is no where even sufficient for that and neither is theirs.

If your entire hunt is your entire bank roll.. you have an extremely high risk of ruin. When i card counted, my risk of ruin was never more than 2%. My risk of ruin now with my bank roll is almost 25% when doing 6 and 7 ped mobs.

Just something to consider. It is why I do a lot of 2 and 3 ped mobs atm.

If I am not mistaken, a generally accepted guideline across the board is that your bankroll should last 20x your bet for people just getting involved.

If you play poker, you should afford 20 buy ins. If you do stocks, you shouldn't put more than 5% in one. That should be enough to counter variance to quite an extent.

Looking at my recent hunts, 5,000 cycled in a day, I'd need fluske's bankroll. However, since you will never come out completely broke in EU I guess you could accept a smaller one.

I mentioned 10,000 to you once. That was based on my 500-1,500 hunts. I did manage to up the hunts but didn't up the bankroll accordingly.

i personaly wouldn't invest in unl weapon for example...
i would use those "unl gear money" to stock me with L weapons when they are cheap..
for example during MM i bought like 2k lc-150 for 106%, i still have some left which i can either use or sell at 117%...

Try doing that with daily 5-7k turnover n see how long those 'cheap' weapons last :)

Wow... Just wow....

Last night I cleared my message center, tonight when I log on I have seven sales which does not show as new!!!

This means, that if this bug has been in place, my noted down markup throughout the log is too low. Guess that's what you get for trusting the message center.

Ah well, at least it's in the right direction...

If I am not mistaken, a generally accepted guideline across the board is that your bankroll should last 20x your bet for people just getting involved.

If you play poker, you should afford 20 buy ins. If you do stocks, you shouldn't put more than 5% in one. That should be enough to counter variance to quite an extent.

Looking at my recent hunts, 5,000 cycled in a day, I'd need fluske's bankroll. However, since you will never come out completely broke in EU I guess you could accept a smaller one.

I mentioned 10,000 to you once. That was based on my 500-1,500 hunts. I did manage to up the hunts but didn't up the bankroll accordingly.

Yes generally 5% risk of ruin is acceptable. Since the base TT of a no multiplier hunt is about 52% return.. you could extrapolate the 5% to around 10%. I don't recommend since I'm a 2%-er. So my 2k hunts should have about a 40k bankroll based on the extrapolation.

Higher risk can be taken based on mu that you are getting but I try to stay in the 2 to 3% range.

Try doing that with daily 5-7k turnover n see how long those 'cheap' weapons last :)

i am sure that if you put a little effort behind it, flexible enough in weapon type and have the right amount of skills plus the right bankroll even such a turnover can be covered..

Depending on your setup and how much DPS you can roll out. Losing 400 - 1,000 or even a bit more a run is normal.
As ive stated many many times ive lost 1,000's or ped in the long run. Still waiting on my big hof to bump me 90% :laugh:. So hang in there and dont stress it, this is all normal.

Ammo: 3025.61
Weapon: 346.09
Amp: 208.19
Enhancers: 128.00

Armor: 66.36
Fap: 7.41

Expenses: 3781.66
Return: 2714.04

Net: -1067.62 (71.77%)

You aint gonna quit.

You really gonna quit? Can I have your stuff? ;)

I'll just ride this one out. You know. Three ubers in three days and it will all be green again.

ammo 3272.24
amp 225.16
weapon 374.30
enhancer 73.60

armor 73.29
fap 7.75

epense 4026.34
return 3249.16

net ------------777.18 80.70%

note 356

Last edited:
Done some more hunting, but not going to bother updating.

I'll merge it with tomorrows loss.

Fap sold. So six times the heal cost now. But hey, plenty of ped on card to lose.

Good night.

Or you could just get a limited vivo.

Or you could just get a limited vivo.

I could do that.

And was supposed to.

But didn't.

And don't ask me why.

Problem for me right now is that I don't enjoy the game at the moment. I grind like crazy and get not only shit returns, but shit multipliers that won't improve my score for the event, which is the reason I am grinding as hard as I do. Then I look at the list, and see other people that grind hard and get the just as bad results. It is discouraging as hell.

I realized I would hit a shit streak. But this one just doesn't seem to end. I can't even get a proper multiplier to cheer me up.

Do a different mob or area or planet for a few days.

back to back ~2k ubers and now you cry when your streak is down.....SMH

just_takes_time.jpg

;)

back to back ~2k ubers and now you cry when your streak is down.....SMH

Not so much the total, looking at it overall I'm still doing fine. I'm just making bad decisions, not getting the results I'm trying for (higher score for the event being my main priority) and on top of that, having a bad streak.

1+1+1=12 when you put alot of effort into it and have high expectations.

I guess you didn't notice his forum name :laugh:

He also forgot that a 1.8k uber on the mobs I'm hunting is the equivalent of a 7 ped puny.

I'm down more than 5,000 ped TT since the down streak started. Those ubers are long gone.

But tt doesn't matter. What is the overall total since may?

Sum it all up.. what's the tt return?

But tt doesn't matter. What is the overall total since may?

Sum it all up.. what's the tt return?

June:
58685 out
54155 in

-4530 (92.28%)

Overall:
139800 out
134904 in

-4896 (96,50%)

So as said, overall it isn't horrible. However, it is very frustrating to get loss after loss after loss, despite how previous days have looked. I do not like the 70-80% days a bit, as I have been killing a shit ton of mobs and things should have time to even out.

Ah well. Let's be positive. L56 laser sniper now. 14 levels to commando.

Edit: With markups and reward programs the total is roughly +3,000.

Last edited:
I see a problem with this log.

Having an high TT return and hunting a high taxed LA is an oxymoron.
Your 92.28% should be expected too be 96.28% without the tax.
Thats 2347 ped lower TT return (so far this month) that is inserted into your log as "hard facts" of your bad returns.

I know your running an event and i do not know the rules reguarding it but ive checked into your log and how you post results.

"Bad month bad results but event gave me 4000 ped so ive profited!"
But when in fact you just loaned your peds to the LA owner and he gave most it back to you in 1 payment.

I see a problem with this log.

Having an high TT return and hunting a high taxed LA is an oxymoron.
Your 92.28% should be expected too be 96.28% without the tax.
Thats 2347 ped lower TT return (so far this month) that is inserted into your log as "hard facts" of your bad returns.

I know your running an event and i do not know the rules reguarding it but ive checked into your log and how you post results.

"Bad month bad results but event gave me 4000 ped so ive profited!"
But when in fact you just loaned your peds to the LA owner and he gave most it back to you in 1 payment.

I get what you are saying. However one needs to weigh in the possible cashbacks .. For instance, being able to combine two reward programs at the end of last month meant I got more tax back than I paid. I expected to be able to do the same thing this month, but at this pace a best case scenario would be breaking even on the tax.

The competition together with the bad runs really made this alot different than I intended ..

I dont know size of the mob your hunting but assume its rather big hp.

From my experiences mobs act very diffrently.

3 examples i hunt on regual basis.

Proterion cost approx 10 ped per kill.
Loots are all the way down to 1 ped and alot of them are well below 10 ped as well.
Loots over 10+ but under global size are as rare as globals them self.
Hofs in the range 350-1k peds are common but since avarage return on the mobs are soo low you realy must catch those hofs eventually if want to be breaking even at big turnovers.

Sumina cost approx 4.5 ped.
Here the loot acts completely diffrent and ive had profitruns in taxed areas without even and global.
Lowest loot is 0 ped (novas) but alot of loots are matching the killcost 3.5-4.5 ped and loots are 20 ped are very common.
Globals are also very low but common 3-7 are too be expected for every 1k ped.
Hofs are not needed at all when hunting at these and they will skyrocket your returns if you hit a 1k+ hof on sumina, but if you get a normal sizes 200+ global you will most likely see profit at your run.

Tide Claws.
Cost varies too much on maturity but they act the same.
About 50% of kill cost is retuned on mob.
Hofs every run are needed or they will leave you with a burning 50% return.
Globals (about 2x killcost) are very uncommon but hofs from 400-2000 ped are common and must be expected.

From this info i decide how to act when i log on.
If i aint got much time or bankroll tide claws are out of the question since they need to be hit untill they pop but an dropin at sumina returns will be more solid.

Once you learned how your mob loots and act you will also know what to expect.
On Proterions my returns are terrible and should be about 8 runs with loss for every 10 runs, so what matters on those is how much profit the 2/10 runs yield.

Difference there is that proteron is a stupid mob to hunt. No markup.. in fact just about anything on caly is stupid to hunt. You've told him to focus on TT and that is wrong. Markup is what is important. Nothing else matters.

As for his returns.. they are 3% over what I get normally in any configuration.. so he seems to still be doing well. In the end.. he is in the positive over all and he is in a situation where he is getting good markup along the way instead of crappy ammo and shrapnel.

Days of losses happen.. the odds are against you in that respect regardless of the tool you use. But in the end, the markup and the tax back programs and the big industries programs makes it all worth while.

Last edited:
Obviously didnt read carles posts propper.

First of all i do not care if he hunts taxed or not just pointing out an error in his presentation.
If you dont bring all parameter too the equation the result will be faulty.

Point being if tax is 0.1% or 100% result will be the same if cashback is as you both state covering all of the taxes.

Example
I will comment with red.

Ammo: 3025.61
Weapon: 346.09
Amp: 208.19
Enhancers: 128.00

Armor: 66.36
Fap: 7.41

Expenses: 3781.66
Return: 2714.04 (2714 x0.03= 81 ped, Since you had atleast 100% cashback your return should be greater here since your taking loot out of you TT return and adding it later but outside of your MU tracked returns... )
That will show your returns as lower then they acctually are since your only hunting the land for the cashback and your tt returns woulda been greater off untaxed in untaxed area.

Net: -1067.62 (71.77%) Revised after cashback 73.92%

Second thing is my other post was not related too first post nor an suggestion of what mobs he should hunt.
As you can make out from this part of the post.
3 examples i hunt on regual basis.

I have nowhere said he should focus on TT returns and if he can find MU at your or any land its great for his longtime results.

But the higher the risks of the mobs as my 3 examples showed the more likely hes too find him self in drought unless he catches those common hofs.
Both of you have hunted those mobs alot so you should be well aware what kinds of loots are too be expected from them.
If its a mob where you can hold a solid 90+% tt return and catching MU as well my point being he should just stay there and reap the rewards once they give.
But if mob has much bigger swings so you have 80% tt return untill you catch those semicommon hofs then you should be aware of this while you experience feeling like this
So as said, overall it isn't horrible. However, it is very frustrating to get loss after loss after loss, despite how previous days have looked. I do not like the 70-80% days a bit, as I have been killing a shit ton of mobs and things should have time to even out.

Status
Back