Why do we all turn a blind eye to all of the BS?

Well then I shouldn't listen to a particular planet partner birdie then. Thats easy to address. I did not imply that the gorilla would be specifically planet bound but of they DON'T change the sound then the logical conclusion is that there would be calls for that. The ark pet that is currently planet bound is the pandi. No idea why but probably because of terrain issues with the pet.

Hopefully the gorillas sound and ark sound will all be fixed but this has been out there for 4 months and is very discouraging that such annoyances that take away from the game at this magnitude are not resolved.

Well if MA actually came out and spoke about such matters then rumors and people assumptions would be quashed. They dont and PP get crapped on again. The gorilla sound has now been reduced in last VU and RT had to while while MA went on summer vacation before they get it fixed. That is more BS on MA side.

I don't care about "immersion". I like to log in and shoot stuff and get skills and swirls. I like to be able to see where I am going and what I am shooting at. I was perfectly happy to not having day/night cycles before they "upgraded". I already turn off all of the visual effects and play on low quality to remove all the crap. I much preferred the look of the game in the old days. Still do. I know I can't go back. But that was/is my preference.

I know I'm coming into this conversation late but I do want to make a point on this.

A lot of people are like you, and don't care about immersion at all, but it serves the important purpose of player retention. A number of scholarly articles use player immersion as a category with which to gauge enjoyment - so, MindArk has obviously put some emphasis into this in the ways that they can. ( and before anyone hits me with a "prove it": here. ). Some players care about it and others don't, but adding it in is a no-brainer. I'm sure the internal stance on this was probably "well, if we add it in, who cares? If we don't, we might be missing out." That's why low graphics options exist for people like you - but just because half the game population doesn't consider immersion to be a priority in their gaming experience doesn't invalidate the perspective of others ( whom, to the trader, are more income sources - so why the hell not cater to them and keep them spending money? :laugh: )

At the end of the day, MindArk is slow on the draw with changes and updates. They just are, and it probably will never be any different. We've been annoyed with it since 2003 and it's 2015 now. I think we all need to take a step back and recognize a few important things:
  • MindArk is going to make changes that first serve to retain new players, second to maximize profits, and lastly to add to enjoyment of the game for existing players. In that order.
  • It will take them forever to do this, because they don't want to do the work themselves. They want to offload it onto Planet Partners which frequently backfires.
  • whether or not we like the changes is largely irrelevant - unless a real "mass exodus" happened, MindArk is going to first make the assumption that older players have too much invested to leave, and cater to us last. As much as we all want to disagree with that, I think if we look past the rage that this idea summons, we can all see its at least somewhat true.

My solution in the game is to enjoy what MindArk offers me, and to do what I can to help. I enjoy the day/night cycle by sitting outside in my down time. I enjoy the graphics doing the same thing. I help new players when I can, and I write a blog to try and help keep the economy moving. That's how I live my life in game, and quite frankly, I enjoy it a lot when I just sit back and take the game for what it is, in it's current state.

As an aside, I think the reason we can't TT the rings is pretty simple. It would net a loss for MindArk. I overcomplicate a lot of things (especially in my blog posts), but I think that one is about as straightforward as they come. They're going to add decay in later and still not let us TT them, and eat the money. :laugh:

Makes sense about them not being tradable.. the pills and rings... we have to pay for new development and we keep asking for more and more things.

I am wondering why the pills we loot from strongboxes are lootable in pvp, so we give money to MA have them give us pills only to see them looted in space?

From what I've seen and read they aren't actually lootable despite the new message in the Item Info.

It seems they just went nuts with the copy/paste rather than actually looking at was in fact lootable.

And a cool news from last update old opalo and some other items which have been BOUGHT and PAID on tt are not tradable anymore. This includes fanoos which now you cant trade or TT because it has 0 tt value. WTF relly with those non tradable stuff. Those we payed and bought on TT and now what?? They are worthles lol. If you have 1k fanoos you cant TT them and i dont understand why is that so. Whats next? Maybe unable selling skills or something so if we want skills we have to play to get them

And a cool news from last update old opalo and some other items which have been BOUGHT and PAID on tt are not tradable anymore. This includes fanoos which now you cant trade or TT because it has 0 tt value. WTF relly with those non tradable stuff. Those we payed and bought on TT and now what?? They are worthles lol. If you have 1k fanoos you cant TT them and i dont understand why is that so. Whats next? Maybe unable selling skills or something so if we want skills we have to play to get them

Well, you could use those fanoos, either on yourself or in providing a healing service. :nurse:
I mean, that's why you bought them wasn't it?

O cool..was thinking I may have been a little off with saying MA is releasing more and more every VU. Remember guys VU is slow so sorry to say User Bound in that time frame is coming VERY FAST :(

Anyway I hope this is just a bug with the Opalo since I Teired it up to like 4 (not the SGA).

Last edited:
Well, you could use those fanoos, either on yourself or in providing a healing service. :nurse:

Is it important why i bought them? I BOUGHT them as they have been tradable and TTable. Maybe i bought them to give them away maybe i bought them and changed my mind so i want to tt them back. Does it mean that all items should be non tradable because we buy hem to use them. Than its not a RCE game and i dont see the point in your question really. Fact is i bought them when it was tradable and ttable and now MA changed them, so i dont have the item i payed for at the begining. If this is possible than whats next to expect? I mean those are items directly bought from MA and payed with peds and they decide now to change it. Maybe tomorrow they will decide to change mission galactica chips to non tradable and maybe less eco item. I really hate it because its a bad way to do things in RCE where items have markups and where ppl trade with most of things. Even MA told me in a reply before that TT value is not important, but markup of the item is and now they do such things without even saying anything. How can you do that and expect ppl to invest in such game and buy items from MA in future? You pay one thing and end up having something else later.

For MA:

Since I hope you are reading this I think I have a very cool idea for you and these User Bound items:

Very simple really. Give all items in game a limit in times they can be traded. After this limited any item will become User Bound.

Ok all, it's better than my subscription joke right?

For MA:

Since I hope you are reading this I think I have a very cool idea for you and these User Bound items:

Very simple really. Give all items in game a limit in times they can be traded. After this limited any item will become User Bound.

Ok all, it's better than my subscription joke right?

Or even better, and maybe they will do it too lol, just remove withdrawal option and keep all cash for yourself. Why screwing us arround when you can simply take our money and thats it :dunce:

And if anyone complain just reply like Serica did to me: you deposited to play, didint you? now you still can play its just that you cant have your cash back :cool:

And if anyone complain just reply like Serica did to me: you deposited to play, didint you? now you still can play its just that you cant have your cash back :cool:

Um yes, my subscription joke that a lot will fight over when I post it. :)

That may count for some things, but situations change.

Look at what I have done lately:

Checked for the cheapest option to buy an uL runspeed buff item.

What I have found was the following:

Ring (tradeable uL one) - 1200 PED
Kanin Pet high level uff unlocks above LVL20 - already skilled Pet above 1k PED
Gold Starter Pack - 40$ = 400 PED containing Harrier Armor Set with runspeed buff.

So I bought that starter set, and a lot things came with it (untradeable ones) I have no use for.

- 10-Pulse Unit FAP == LOL I own an ImpFAP, what should I do with that crap, not TT able
- Z12-Barbarella Carbin == have an opalo already, so don´t need the barbarella, well sold the Opalo (can´t with barbarella)
- 5 Strongboxes (opend that) - lots of pills I have no use for, can´t sell to other players, not trade it

Fazit:
I bought a armor that offers nearly no protection but give runspeed buff for 400 PED (intended), and got a lot shit I don´t want, that sits in my storage, because I can´t sell it nor TT it.

Thats just stupid!

All items should be TT able.
Alternatively, to an NPC, which replaces the TT value of untradeable items with untradeable Uni Amo, that actually could be used for something.

Glad I sold the Bukins Blade shortly after I got it, befor MA made it unsellable.
Glad I sold my Opalo just in time, befor it became untradeable.

What should I sell next?

Millitary, untradeable in a few VUs?
Imp FAP, untradeable in a few VUs?
all my UL armor sets untradeable in a few VUs?

Untradeable sucks, as much as lootable space sucks.

This things should not exist in an RCE, where we play with real money !!!!

Untradeable sucks

This things should not exist in an RCE, where we play with real money !!!!
(ps opalo is tradable)
yes your right!
I myself am quite new to the game but i have quite some friends that played way long ago and told me alot about the old days... so i have a little knowledge.

but all the untradable stuff is just bs as this is an rce game as i got quite some ped in pills and will take me atleast a year to go thru and some long days of 10 hour grinds..., i think ma is short on money and thats why they are doing it but not sure

I think they should bring some stuff back like in Pre VU10 but also keep stuff.
keep vehicles, remove skillboosts, remove pills, keep rings, LOOT!, etc. i think one day i will just write an 5+ page word document to ma... and if i ever go to Sweden i will visit their office :D (if possible)

but this is just my :twocents:

Last edited:
Opalo is tradable at the end. I got tot the info about opalo non tradable from a friend but it looks like false info and it seems that fanoos is untradable because of another bug lol. on toulon forum they say its bug. Anyway bug or not if if dont scream about it it wont be fixed like many other known bugs. I totally hate untradable items specially if you payed them with your cash. i could understand untradable stuff like gifts from MA or mission revards and shit but something what you bought you should be able to tt or trade. Reason why they wont trade pills or L rings for universal ammo is simple. MA wants you to give $ to them and to get 0 $ in return so that all income from stronboxes are pure and non refundable $ in their pocket. As much as we spend on that MA takes out from game and replaces with some user bound crap. If they trade it for uni ammo than a par of this cash would be given back in ttable loot which can potentionally be withdrawn and thats what they trying to avoid.
This seems to be huge greed or urgent need for $, im not sure which is worse.
What i think about boosts is thats also a crap. imo they just nerfed skill gain and than gived a part of it back with boosts and boost pills and shit. So now if you want to have what you had before you need to pay extra. same thing they did with reducing crafting success rate and can do with anything else. reduce loot, increase misses and than sell some boosts for higher hit rate or anything which basicly just gives you the old results before nerfing. thats why i hate mission galactica too and i see it just as another way to take $ from game fast and huge and give us some low tt cool healing chip, but later they just can increase damage from mob or make mobs hit you faster so you will have to heal all the time. At the end anything under those cool chips will be useless crap and if you want to have average return like most ppl you will be forced to buy all those fancy expensive shit or if ot you will loose 20% more than other players. Im not saying it will be so but it seems like a direction where we are going atm and i dont like it at all. Because of that ill constantly make support casses about any shit and ill make long posts and look like crybaby but i think we all should do that to stop MA from doing such bad shit to this game. Personaly im not loosing anything because im not depositing but im not like some other dudes who dont care about things if it affects only other ppl. today it has nothing to do with me but next vu can bring other issues that will affect me too. also i tryed to bring new players in game which deposit btw but such changes from MA make most of them quit and i look like an idiot recomending the game to them because its worse each update and one new item usually means 2-3 new bugs sometimes even on things that have nothing to do with update and new introduced items.

Untradeable/unsellable ANYTHING sets a very ominous precedent by MA. They'd best reconsider that. If it has a PED value, it better be able to be sold, traded or dumped into the TT.

Hell, I still don't understand why (L) items that reach minimal condition still exist. When it reaches 0 PED value (not a small residual percentage, ZERO percent), it should just go *poof* and disappear. This would auto-eliminate bazillions of useless items wasting space on the servers, and just makes good data housekeeping sense.

I unfortunatelly did that mission on RT to get the snow clothing and yeah, since it reached 0 can't trade/sell npc/tt throw it out. Where's the recycling terminal when we need it? Funny thing is a futuristic RCE game with medieval ideas and dinossaur age management.

Reactions: San
It frustrates me that e.g. pills are not tradeable and not able to get value from TT, yet they have a TT value.

If the TT cannot give me the base value of an item, then they should have ZERO as the TT value. The precedent has been set now, that even the cornerstone of TT value is not reliable anymore :mad:

Untradeable/unsellable ANYTHING sets a very ominous precedent by MA. They'd best reconsider that. If it has a PED value, it better be able to be sold, traded or dumped into the TT.

I agree.

This trend is pissing me off. I am logging in less and less. Once again they are making me question why I have anything invested at all. I can do other things with my time and money besides worry about how MA is going to try and next pick my pockets.

I agree.

This trend is pissing me off. I am logging in less and less. Once again they are making me question why I have anything invested at all. I can do other things with my time and money besides worry about how MA is going to try and next pick my pockets.

Yea. I think we mostly play it because we see the potencial of such game and we hope that MA will wake up and fix bad things and maybe we will have a nice game at the end. And another thing is that atm we dont have much of a choice if we like RCE games because EU is the only one beside Second Life which imo sucks. But if one day someone else make some good RCE game i think EU will die really fast. Potencial is huge and alot of ppl would join if the game is not so boring and buged and concentrated just on $. It should be $ but also alot more fun in it.
I would like to see PVP arena with boxing or pvp with guns and stuff that looks like call of duty and something to compete against other ppl for prizes.

Yea. I think we mostly play it because we see the potencial of such game and we hope that MA will wake up and fix bad things and maybe we will have a nice game at the end. And another thing is that atm we dont have much of a choice if we like RCE games because EU is the only one beside Second Life which imo sucks. But if one day someone else make some good RCE game i think EU will die really fast. Potencial is huge and alot of ppl would join if the game is not so boring and buged and concentrated just on $. It should be $ but also alot more fun in it.
I would like to see PVP arena with boxing or pvp with guns and stuff that looks like call of duty and something to compete against other ppl for prizes.

There are a few arenas like this. Have you been to twin peaks? Or Arkadia (which has a very nice boxing arena)? If you spend some time really appreciating everything that exists in the game, you can usually find something to keep you occupied in the way you would like to be occupied.

An RCE is always going to have people focused on money. If you don't want to be focused on the cash end of things, just play as though it's a subscription game and regularly deposit small amounts.

At the end of the day, though, there needs to be businessmen in the game, and mindark intentionally witholds a lot of information from us to keep us guessing.

Granted, they take forever to fix things - but people's money is at stake. I would imagine that the level of security review that has to go into each bug fix is probably astronomical.

Just my two cents.

Back