Question: Why does my loot suck more than others?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Here's the proof:
Code:
Pos                      Name   Value  Globals  AvgValue
 1            MH Grave Digger   70214 / 454 = 154.656
 2        James Jimmy Stryker   66099 / 447 = 147.872
 3             Fat Fock Frank   63422 / 419 = 151.365
 4        Girts Smilgs Niedra   64068 / 408 = 157.029
 5         Angel Shadow Heart   59752 / 383 = 156.01
 6     Liberty Tregidio EXR-5   49300 / 381 = 129.396
 7    Fett Fett-Finnen Finnen   39844 / 356 = 111.921
 8     Gray SnowLeopard Felix   35601 / 333 = 106.91
 9           Lady Nadie Hawke   45944 / 332 = 138.386
10 Conny1303 Conny1303 Konika   45917 / 325 = 141.283
11            Cerb Hulk Beris   45309 / 320 = 141.591
12          one crappy player   38114 / 314 = 121.382
13 Adrelina Tasior'ek Unknown   35631 / 308 = 115.685
14           Trinity Trin Jam   37026 / 305 = 121.397
15         sir lance lancelot   44195 / 294 = 150.323
16         idvali idvali mosu   34780 / 288 = 120.764
17              Joan Xperia D   33833 / 286 = 118.297
18           Medea Adel Green   32055 / 282 = 113.67
19           JASON KID WRIGHT   32808 / 273 = 120.176
20   Portugal GoRpY SLBenfica   38053 / 268 = 141.989
21      fredrik freddex lubbe   30691 / 259 = 118.498
22          Kintradim KC Crux   29198 / 253 = 115.407
23 Herode Poupette Mathusalem   30709 / 250 = 122.836
24      Titof Greenwood Aries   54779 / 250 = 219.116
25       Akon TrusT Konvicted   38462 / 247 = 155.717

TOTALS:        1095804 / 8035 = 136.379
These are the top 25 hunters from EntropiaLife's Top 100 Hunters list. The last column (added by me) is the average value per global for each hunter.
The overall average is 29.469 ped MORE than my average per global, which would translate to OVER 9000 PED in my pockets! :scratch2: (Almost 10k actually: 29.469ped * 333 globals = 9813.177 ped)
Even the next lowest average global value, Fett-Finnen at 5 ped more per global than me, would give 1600 ped more in my pocket.

This has nothing to do with my expenses to achieve this number of globals -- there's no doubt that several on the list have much lower expenses than I do, but that does not explain the non-neglible difference in raw returns.
I am anxious to hear all the bullshit justification people will come up with.... isn't 30 days and 300+ globals a good enough sample size? You're going to try to convince me that the so-called minis make up the difference?

it is a thing called Dynamic in this world :laugh::wise:

It comes down to what you hunt simple as that..

Because you hunt different mobs?\
I don't think most in the top 25 bother with young spiders and have atrox as a favorite mob?

my average global size is much higher than that and I am not even on the list.

I think its all about what you grind and how.
That doesn't tell the picture on how you are doing though, only on how much you bet per dice roll and how many times you roll the dice per night.

Winning or Loosing, and loot 'sucking' or not sucking has nothing to do with tracker stats IMO.

Grind 300hp mobs and you wont global much and when you do the average size will be low, but you may do very well and be loot 'lucky'

Grind 10k hp mobs and you will global on all of your 'minis' and average global size will be much higher regardless of if you are having good luck or bad.

It comes down to what you hunt simple as that..
This, and, after the "modified loot", the loots have been more stable... somewhat, meaning, less small loots and less big loots, so you should really just compare the actual loots before stating something like that, not the random globals that happen every 10k kills.

For me atm. Globals are only less than 1% of my loots, so... yeah, you can't really compare on that.

Globals and minis are irrelevant. Do you know why?

You say it has nothing to do with your expenses. This is also totally incorrect. Think of hunting like a competition, your unlikely to win the competition if you don't play according to how the system is programmed to select winners. To win it's a case of selecting the right mob for the right weapon and armour as compared to other players on same mob.

Suggestion. Fully track your returns using a spreadsheet and I think you'll find it quite revealing.

Change mobs when they are not giving globals.:)

A little more research into the 'luckiest' guy on your list.

titof.jpg

Over a million in hunting and biggest is only 16k (compared to your 265k with a 34k hof)
Over 400k in crafting and biggest is only 7.4k (1/2 of your total crafting was in one single loot o_O )

I imagine he is looking at your wish for 9k missing loot and wondering where his 34k + 34k + 34k + 18k hofs to match your hofs to turnover, or perhaps wondering why he hasnt gotten 1.5k hofs for every 3k he has done in crafting?

A number is just a number unless you look at the entire equation.

Welcome to my world, just look at the BB numbers for this bot event

Yup, something wrong with your loot:

207 Aurli globals = 55,557ped = 268ped average

Overall:

280k Aurli globals: Average 123ped

Glad to help :)

Another thing that would be interesting to see the intervals on how many mobs you have to kill before you get a global one.

For example. lets say player 1, a global per 70 killed Aurli average and lets say player 2 has to have 90 killed Aurli on average to get a global one.

It's just another aspect of the loot is not only just the average global size.
I think it also is, but you can not see it through Entropia life.

:eureka:

And naturally if the loot has good item or not, and what mechanisms that govern this. ?

Why do people always act like "base loot" is the same and everyone else is just getting bigger globals? Maybe you got more mini's than them. Maybe your average loot in non globals is 10-20 PED higher each mob? Log your return and complain if TT return is significantly lower than 90%...

Ped turnover over time makes a massive difference. I know when running MF my costs are lower so my compensated globals are both less and lower. If I hunt with guns on Big bulk or Prots, I get higher globs and more hofs as burning more ammo, healing more, using amps and taking more damage.

I also believe strongly skills are major important to the value of globals and loot you get. I'm still trying to work out if it's total skill, or profession skill, but now my rifle is over 9K I swear my returns are getting easier to come by. So on that basis the players with 15K rifle or handgun must be doing very well indeed, not that I expect them to tell us.

I still believe there will come a point that 'skill' will reward you very well at extremely high levels, regardless of running limited or unlimited. I also notice that if I self heal I will be compensated for that, against having a healer. Now if this is because the challenge is more, or the systems adds that cost to the "kill" is unknown. Although against what many say I still think defensive decay is returned.

So I think there're so many variables to calculate the value of globals or hofs. If I thought about what some of these top guys are getting in returns, I would have left ages ago.....what keeps me going is hoping one day to achieve the same status.

So focus on your own game and try not to compare, and if people chip out look at it as one less person you need to jump over (in a nice way of course).

Rick

Coincidentally, that list has about 20 of the games SMARTEST hunters on it, too. Not saying your not, but your observation is not only skewed by all the other factors people listed, but also by the quality of the sample size. Add in dumb hunters like me, and you are probably in the top 10%.

Ped turnover over time makes a massive difference. I know when running MF my costs are lower so my compensated globals are both less and lower. If I hunt with guns on Big bulk or Prots, I get higher globs and more hofs as burning more ammo, healing more, using amps and taking more damage.

I also believe strongly skills are major important to the value of globals and loot you get. I'm still trying to work out if it's total skill, or profession skill, but now my rifle is over 9K I swear my returns are getting easier to come by. So on that basis the players with 15K rifle or handgun must be doing very well indeed, not that I expect them to tell us.

I still believe there will come a point that 'skill' will reward you very well at extremely high levels, regardless of running limited or unlimited. I also notice that if I self heal I will be compensated for that, against having a healer. Now if this is because the challenge is more, or the systems adds that cost to the "kill" is unknown. Although against what many say I still think defensive decay is returned.

So I think there're so many variables to calculate the value of globals or hofs. If I thought about what some of these top guys are getting in returns, I would have left ages ago.....what keeps me going is hoping one day to achieve the same status.

So focus on your own game and try not to compare, and if people chip out look at it as one less person you need to jump over (in a nice way of course).

Rick

" So on that basis the players with 15K rifle or handgun must be doing very well indeed, not that I expect them to tell us "

I've heard through the game that many players do not dare write negatively about MA because they are afraid that this may affect them in a negative way in the game.

The most famous player who admit it here in the forums is Pham after he retired.

Last edited:
" So on that basis the players with 15K rifle or handgun must be doing very well indeed, not that I expect them to tell us "

I've heard through the game that many players do not dare write negatively about MA because they are afraid that this may affect them in a negative way in the game.

Which suggests that they are doing well, or they would have nothing to lose.

LOL valentin....every player at some point within their online career, questions themselves if their returns can be or are 'adjusted' to suit them. We will never know. However that said, I do think you can "earn" your right to better returns.

Considering how hard it is to skill into that top tier surely you earn it, so could well be minds playing tricks when it is the system rewarding. In such a position, I think I would be worried to speak negatively as well (just in case).

laughing away here.

Rick

"I've heard through the game that many players do not dare write negatively about MA because they are afraid that this may affect them in a negative way in the game.

The most famous player who admit it here in the forums is Pham after he retired.

I plan to destroy that idea. I do my share of complaining, To many things (taming) are messed up not to complain about them. Someday when I hit that big ATH ill compile a list of all my complaints over the years along with a screenshot of my ATH. I am a firm believer in the dynamic random factor, and for as much as MA messes up on, they get other things spot on..numbers is one of the things they do very well.:wise::dunce:

Trying to address some of the points made:
  • I am hunting the right mobs, and not trying to tough it out when a run is not going so well.
  • The last 30 days covers the end of the Feffox event and most of my time in the brood caves. I have at least one global on each maturity of each brood except for 1 Warren and 1 Unruly (hatchling guard).
  • Without actually confirming, I'd guess at least half the people on the list have hunted and globaled on araneatrox young.
  • Atrox being favourite mob dates back to pre-vu10 when there were practically daily 4k ubers from the spawn south of Fort Ithica.
  • Aurli loots go back to 5 years ago so is irrelevant.
  • How does spending more to get more work for those hunting with mod mercs and mod faps? (sometimes naked too)
I've always wanted to believe that the same mob hunted by different people would yield pretty much the same TT returns. Profit or loss is then determined by your expenses which is directly related to skills and gear. Skills and gear also increase your chances of getting high MU loot, but not actual TT value -- for example someone with high skills and gear will get the high MU items like shadow(L) or ESIs whereas someone with lesser skills and gear will get a stack of barely 101% oils.

Most do seem to agree that MA can and will directly meddle with individual returns. :laugh:

Probably the most credible idea so far is having more skills yields higher returns... which sucks because I am extremely specialized -- a while back I chipped out anything that didn't contribute directly to my primary activity (BLP pistol hunting).

Of course if I'd gotten even a 2k uber last night I would not have even thought of posting this in the morning! I'd still have the lowest average global value, but wouldn't feel singled out. Nevermind a 10k that would make me perfectly average. :tongue2:

Which suggests that they are doing well, or they would have nothing to lose.

LOL valentin....every player at some point within their online career, questions themselves if their returns can be or are 'adjusted' to suit them. We will never know. However that said, I do think you can "earn" your right to better returns.

Considering how hard it is to skill into that top tier surely you earn it, so could well be minds playing tricks when it is the system rewarding. In such a position, I think I would be worried to speak negatively as well (just in case).

laughing away here.

Rick

Thanks good tip i will not talk bad about MA for 1 year and i will see if it does something to my loot :) but anyway i have not 15k in skill only 13k.

Thanks good tip i will not talk bad about MA for 1 year and i will see if it does something to my loot :) but anyway i have not 15k in skill only 13k.

MAwould give you ATH if you were able to not say something bad about them for one month.:D

I will ask again: how do you know that your average return is different? You are just comparing globals and hofs which is not the entire story of loot...

I will ask again: how do you know that your average return is different? You are just comparing globals and hofs which is not the entire story of loot...

Being around 7 years & seeing other ava's do their upgrades while you see them global/hof/uber will do the trick.

Here's the proof:
Code:
Pos                      Name   Value  Globals  AvgValue
 1            MH Grave Digger   70214 / 454 = 154.656
 2        James Jimmy Stryker   66099 / 447 = 147.872
 3             Fat Fock Frank   63422 / 419 = 151.365
 4        Girts Smilgs Niedra   64068 / 408 = 157.029
 5         Angel Shadow Heart   59752 / 383 = 156.01
 6     Liberty Tregidio EXR-5   49300 / 381 = 129.396
 7    Fett Fett-Finnen Finnen   39844 / 356 = 111.921
 8     Gray SnowLeopard Felix   35601 / 333 = 106.91
 9           Lady Nadie Hawke   45944 / 332 = 138.386
10 Conny1303 Conny1303 Konika   45917 / 325 = 141.283
11            Cerb Hulk Beris   45309 / 320 = 141.591
12          one crappy player   38114 / 314 = 121.382
13 Adrelina Tasior'ek Unknown   35631 / 308 = 115.685
14           Trinity Trin Jam   37026 / 305 = 121.397
15         sir lance lancelot   44195 / 294 = 150.323
16         idvali idvali mosu   34780 / 288 = 120.764
17              Joan Xperia D   33833 / 286 = 118.297
18           Medea Adel Green   32055 / 282 = 113.67
19           JASON KID WRIGHT   32808 / 273 = 120.176
20   Portugal GoRpY SLBenfica   38053 / 268 = 141.989
21      fredrik freddex lubbe   30691 / 259 = 118.498
22          Kintradim KC Crux   29198 / 253 = 115.407
23 Herode Poupette Mathusalem   30709 / 250 = 122.836
24      Titof Greenwood Aries   54779 / 250 = 219.116
25       Akon TrusT Konvicted   38462 / 247 = 155.717

TOTALS:        1095804 / 8035 = 136.379
These are the top 25 hunters from EntropiaLife's Top 100 Hunters list. The last column (added by me) is the average value per global for each hunter.
The overall average is 29.469 ped MORE than my average per global, which would translate to OVER 9000 PED in my pockets! :scratch2: (Almost 10k actually: 29.469ped * 333 globals = 9813.177 ped)
Even the next lowest average global value, Fett-Finnen at 5 ped more per global than me, would give 1600 ped more in my pocket.

This has nothing to do with my expenses to achieve this number of globals -- there's no doubt that several on the list have much lower expenses than I do, but that does not explain the non-neglible difference in raw returns.
I am anxious to hear all the bullshit justification people will come up with.... isn't 30 days and 300+ globals a good enough sample size? You're going to try to convince me that the so-called minis make up the difference?

Have you used different weapons during this period of time?

to leopard ,are you kidding me ?
your trackerstats tell me you are 1 of the "chosen ones "

you..... total loot of 266.533
highest 2 loots of 33.959 and 7.544

me.....total loot of 881.001
highest 2 loots are 2.993 and 2.619

you total loot of 266.533 and all time globals of 1.941 equals average of 137.39 per global

me total loot of 881.001 and all time globals of 8.028 equals average of 109.74

really,that you have the nerve to complain,you are one of the "lücky avas"....

So I guess that was my 15 minutes of fame... I'm down to 90th and still plummeting... same gear, same mobs, same intensity, no more loot. :mad:

Patience, Grasshopper.... :wise:

MAwould give you ATH if you were able to not say something bad about them for one month.:D

I've never said anything bad about MA and my biggest loot is 1800ish in 6 years. my average on EL is 106 per global. where's my ATH? or even my being able to keep a bit of ped on my card? loot sucks ass for me since the update

There are a lot of variables, if it was as simple as hunting the same thing
or making the same item then i should be very mad :) Seeing i have had over
1100 more globals/hofs then the 2nd highest rud maker as you can see below.

Simple I plastic ruds

All Time Highest Number of Globals

Butch Butch Carisbrook 2 962 Globals
Ron Ronkan Jeremy 1 899 Globals

All Time Highest Total Loots

Ron Ronkan Jeremy 385 220 PED
Butch Butch Carisbrook 313 811 PED

But when you look closer you see that Ron does a lot of III ruds. III springs,
III conductors etc which cost a shitload more to craft and make any peds on plus
he does other items i never touch so his larger loot to me is justified even though
i have so many more globals/ hofs, it simply isnt a good guide to go by others hofs
and loot amount on entropialife.com believe me.

For instance if you look at my crafting info on entropialife.com nowhere does it
show the 110k ped's i made on the great quad crafting extravaganza of 2011 (or 2012 cant remember) :)
I could say i have never had a massive hof or an ATH but for some i think it comes in small chunks
often and others once in a lifetime perhaps.

So like others say to get a true reflection you need to track everything and i
just couldn't be bothered which is why i never complain on forums as i honestly have
no idea how i'm doing which to me is probably a good thing as i just do it for
fun and if i knew the facts i would no doubt cry a lot and i hate crying :)

At the end of the day people see your name hof and global often and think your smiling
all the way to the bank but they obviously aren't seeing the part where you sink a shitload
of peds in and get a very small percentage back.

It's just entertainment if it's costing to much don't do as much that's where i am at now
on a go slow.

And as for MA making loot crap for people that bad mouth them i honestly don't think MA have the brains to figure out how to do that :)

Being in the top 100 all time isn't all that either shit i'm in there at No.42 and i craft shit :)

Back