Question: Why don't you get beauty (face/body/hair) procedures done more often?

Why don't you get beauty procedures done more often?

• Total voters

Gluepot

Elite
Society
Obsidian Order
Daina Gluepot Rendar
Another poll, trying to put together some info and see what I can do to improve my service.
So today's question: Why don't you get beauty procedures done more often?

i dont get them done more often because i spent the money to make my avatar how i wanted it already

Now...come the update...ill have to be spending again...

i dont get them done more often because i spent the money to make my avatar how i wanted it already

Now...come the update...ill have to be spending again...

You don't like switching up your avatar every now and then? Haircut or anything?

1st : we already had to redo our avatars 1 (or is it 2) times. we're gonna have to redo them again from cry2 (iirc), so I aint gonna bother spending on making my ava look a way when it can all be lost due to some future update.

2nd : too expensive

You don't like switching up your avatar every now and then? Haircut or anything?

I change him up with clothes :) He has an extenstive wardrobe :laugh:

I agree with what the others are saying.

Also, there isn't really a point in getting a procedure done so many times. In real life, you'll rarely see someone get 10 nose jobs in a year... I can understand changing hairstyle from time to time, but if people think of what they want carefully, then there is no use for getting a procedure done more than once.

I'm a man...

I have fantasies...

BIG GUNS

BIGGER GUNS

WOMEN, oh wait different entertainment entirely.

Sissification, no thx :D

Speaking of (and mostly relevant)...
Zunami had her hair redone since the Miss Entropia contest, and the 'just out of the shower' style is much better than her original winning entry, imho.

Well I am happy with my avatar no need to change him. I also probably would not get anything done if at all until after CE2. Overall PEDs are probably a motivating factor in not getting anything done. My PEDs are earmarked for other projects and keeping myself above water so last on my list is making any avatar changes. I do have a mask I have been messing around with so I might make some interesting design with items I have looted but I am saving that for a rainy day.

I dont much care about how my avatar looks, I care how I look in RL - and thats more important IMHO

What bothers me about beauty changes is that they cost, and that when there is big VU update, and ava remake you lose it all..which can b rly soon or not..u never know.

I stopped getting beauty procedures when I realized that it wasn't very Eco. :ahh:

Really, I just don't like how the new hairstyles cost $10-$20 - depending on the mood the stylist that unlocked it, is in. :rolleyes:
I would rather go down to my local salon and spend $20 on a haircut I can actually touch & show to those one GD's .. what do you call them .. Oh RIGHT ! "real people."

But that's just me ..

btw - Daina's my girl when I do get work done ;)

pss - other games let you change your avatar as much as you want to - by yourself - no materials / skills / 3rd party necessary .
But .. that game isn't dynamic. :duh:

I went through the beautification 3 times: 1) some tweakings after the VU9.1 avatar recreration; 2) some tweakings again after another avatar recreation because of the VU9.2's "enhanced face skin gloss effect"; 3) new haircut. Now it's almost a year since then and I'm still completely happy with my avatar. The prices are fine, I just don't see what I could change even if everything was free ;).

I`ve never had any procedures. I did consider skilling it though but maybe my own tendancies as well as cost stopped me. For one the several times I`ve went through the avatar creation process reminds me that it can be taken away. An obvious one is that there is no return on investment. And for me I get more enjoyment out of the PED in a hunt or mining run as opposed to a new look. But I have thought about getting facial hair or a new hairstyle if I saw one I really liked. But for my avatar I prefer one look that I pretty much stick with rather than changing fashions all the time. I suppose if I had the extra ped and saw something I liked at the same time for a fair price I`d go for it. It`s just not priority in my style of play. Same with clothing. But again if I had the PED to "waste" I`d "upgrade".

Need I say I voted other? :)

It is not worth it to change our looks in the game over and over. One time is one thing but after that.... why?

It is not worth it to change our looks in the game over and over. One time is one thing but after that.... why?

To switch things up a bit, "same sh*t different day" gets a little boring after a while :)

To switch things up a bit, "same sh*t different day" gets a little boring after a while :)

yeah.... but dont you just love to see that pink birdie-face with some green/pink/black camouflage underneath it when drinking your morning coffee in front of EF?? ;)

I stopped getting beauty procedures when I realized that it wasn't very Eco. :ahh:

Really, I just don't like how the new hairstyles cost $10-$20 - depending on the mood the stylist that unlocked it, is in. :rolleyes:
I would rather go down to my local salon and spend $20 on a haircut I can actually touch & show to those one GD's .. what do you call them .. Oh RIGHT ! "real people."

Thats a good comment. I am now running discounter haircuts and it will cost you only 1 USD to make a haircut. Almost any haircut avaliable :)

I voted other.

Never had anything done, basically because it does not make me shoot my gun any better :)

I'm a non-depositor so i have to keep very eco.

While I wouldn't mind a different haircut I need to focus on Graduating during this 3x event.

Awhile back I did offer to be a Guniea Pig to a couple of hair dressers to skill on for a nominal fee.

No such luck...:rolleyes:

I voted other.

Never had anything done, basically because it does not make me shoot my gun any better :)

Agreed. I did get a boob job once upon a time (made them bigger :thumbup: ) but that was after an extremely large HOF I got. It was an impulse buy and I do not regret it, but I don't place much emphasis on the looks of Jade. While I appreciate the eye-candy running around in EU, I don't consider avatar beauty a priority for me. Ranks right on the bottom of the list along with an apartment.

Don't get me wrong... I think you guys do great work and I wish it was easier for you to do that stuff for us. It's just not for me ;)

Make up is for girls. Guns are for men.:yay: yay sexism!

Well, after having seen the results of "Too much plastic surgery" in the news is it any surprise that most of us try not to get a lot done?

(Not doubting your skills Gluepot, but...)

Do it cheaper?

Cheaper services may bring in more folks?

If you need makeup, etc. I hear STTS has a surplus of it at the moment. Look up Josh Edward for more info. Maybe he can get you cheap stuff? If so, maybe you can lower prices? Just a thought.

Well, after having seen the results of "Too much plastic surgery" in the news is it any surprise that most of us try not to get a lot done?

(Not doubting your skills Gluepot, but...)

:laugh:
Funny the women looks like a black man, the next women looks like a psycho male wearing the skin of a female he's just boiled alive and stiched a suit from, the male looks more femmine than the other two. Kinda makes me think of trying to touchup your handwritting in junior school, with a few extra strokes of fountain pen the page resembles an inkblot test.

It looked fine the first time, don't fanny about with it :D

Other: I simply cannot be arsed

this is my reasoning as well. the peds can go into decay/ammo/bombs or my storage ped stack.

sadly i am too practical :(

Some ppl voting for all the options, that's constructive lol :laugh:

Voted for BOYCOTTING :)

Why pay money, if u have to re-do ur avatar every 2 years? ;)

(for the same reason i dont colour or texture my clothes :p )

no more money from me for useless stuff MA :boxer:

Voted for BOYCOTTING :)

Why pay money, if u have to re-do ur avatar every 2 years? ;)

(for the same reason i dont colour or texture my clothes :p )

no more money from me for useless stuff MA :boxer:

Would you come get it if a beautician offered it free of charge?

I usually feel it's waste of ped. I really don't care that much how my hair or whatnot looks.... The only thing I've had done is my size, because I thought it might help a tiny bit in pvp and only when the service was free...
In response to the question if beauty was free, maybe once or twice, but again to me it's a waste of time...

Back