Question: Why don't you get beauty (face/body/hair) procedures done more often?

Why don't you get beauty procedures done more often?

• Total voters
Other (Please Explain)

CE2 will bring many changes, even though our model structures have already been somewhat adapted.

I wish to wait for the new platform user interface and presentation (CE2) to come into play first along with completed updates to models then go for paying the RL $ involved in making such changes that I can change once I know what I like and don't like so much.

To do these progressive adaptive changes twice imho is a bit of a waste of money, ie. Pre CE2 and then Post CE2.

Unfortunately I am not a phat-wallet participant, just another finding their way through an ever increasingly expensive existence.

Just to add, it is not just beauty services, hair & makeup.

The same applies to my clothing, I only have a pair of basic pants on, no furniture in my apartment etc.

All this will be done properly and progressively once the next generation engine for Entropia CE2 is in place so I am assured of the ...

Wysiwyg factor :)

Cheers,
Sparkz

Last edited:
i like eye candy :) but i dont like the price that tags along with it :(

To expensive, and to much uncertainty with VU's to whether upgrades will be kept. I think i read that with CE2 people will yet again lose enhancements.... no thanks. :)

Only if he wanna skill on me and i can support him :)

Paying a beautician does not give MA any more peds than letting one skill on you. When you see the machine say the modification costs 100 ped, 10 ped, 1 ped, or whatever price is set, 100% of those peds go to the beautician. MA takes their fee out of the beauty supplies we use.

yep, but i think its a useless proffesion...cause u have to remake ur ava every 2 years :)
For me no chance to make my ava lookin good and pay for it...i see no reason :)

No matter how much we're happy with our current looks, we all will have to visit beauty parlors after the CE2, at least those who cares about something besides "pew-pew-pew" :silly2:. The golden times for beauticians are coming :). I remember the queues to them after the 9.1.

Would you come get it if a beautician offered it free of charge?

Hell yes I would do that...

Paying a beautician does not give MA any more peds than letting one skill on you. When you see the machine say the modification costs 100 ped, 10 ped, 1 ped, or whatever price is set, 100% of those peds go to the beautician. MA takes their fee out of the beauty supplies we use.

and that is why. Big deal... sit in the chair or whatever machine and get all transformed...? Hell yeah. Does not cost me anything and I am certain if came out with a extra eye or something, Daina would fix it :laugh: How the hell else will the beauticians get better without doing the task?

So in short, any of you guys want to experiment, let me know :thumbup: What's the worst that can happen? It looks stunningly great, people ask me about it and I refer them to the beautician.

I voted other, because ...

It costs enough to do other things.

Tell me what you can do with an already botoxed face and a mouth that doesn't move (not to mention eyes that are simply not realistic, and look robotic or psychotic when moving) ... VU 9.0 and after gave us that Barbie-Doll, paralyzed and catatonic look that only face masks seem to camouflage (somewhat), and I'm not up for investing in that either. Although, I've seen some amazing artwork with regard to that skill, and commend the face mask artists for their work.​

No disrespect to the profession whatsoever ... but IMO, a great deal more thought should have been given to the dynamics so that what the hard working individuals in this profession could achieve was more than just a cover-up, and able to add depth and dimension.

Perhaps ... when CE2 is implemented, and what Marco says will be the focal points of the appearance of the avatars (especially facial features), then maybe these services will have a more useful purpose for far more individuals. If our avatars end up with characteristics and features such as those in the Crysis game (which I have and have played), then we're heading in the right direction.

I'm hoping ... that the next dimension will be much kinder to those in the beauty industry, and also not make it as challenging for them like past VU's have with regard to skills transferring over, and having to unlock things that they already had unlock (if I recall correctly). Guess we'll see.

I voted other, because ...

It costs enough to do other things.

Tell me what you can do with an already botoxed face and a mouth that doesn't move (not to mention eyes that are simply not realistic, and look robotic or psychotic when moving) ... VU 9.0 and after gave us that Barbie-Doll, paralyzed and catatonic look that only face masks seem to camouflage (somewhat), and I'm not up for investing in that either. Although, I've seen some amazing artwork with regard to that skill, and commend the face mask artists for their work.​

No disrespect to the profession whatsoever ... but IMO, a great deal more thought should have been given to the dynamics so that what the hard working individuals in this profession could achieve was more than just a cover-up, and able to add depth and dimension.

Perhaps ... when CE2 is implemented, and what Marco says will be the focal points of the appearance of the avatars (especially facial features), then maybe these services will have a more useful purpose for far more individuals. If our avatars end up with characteristics and features such as those in the Crysis game (which I have and have played), then we're heading in the right direction.

I'm hoping ... that the next dimension will be much kinder to those in the beauty industry, and also not make it as challenging for them like past VU's have with regard to skills transferring over, and having to unlock things that they already had unlock (if I recall correctly). Guess we'll see.

In other words, beauty professionals are provided with tools to polish a turd. :(

Some "fleshlikeness" to avatars would bring some life to your proffession too.

Methinks... :confused:

In other words, beauty professionals are provided with tools to polish a turd. :(

Some "fleshlikeness" to avatars would bring some life to your proffession too.

Methinks... :confused:

Well my dear friend ... not sure I would word it quite like that, but let me put it this way ... our original avatars had much more personality and believable features than they have since VU 9.0 ... and just for the record ... I've gotten over my issues with that VU and have moved on, but ... there's so much more that could be done with regard to the beauty industry, and I'm hoping that MA isn't just going to gloss over it when implementing the CE2. It would be nice if the beauty professionals had something more viable to work with. If we're going to have professions like this, then let's give them the attention they deserve, like the fashion industry got with texturizing and coloring.

The single biggest buy-in factor for me, is continuity. Being able to visit the same places, see the same land features, etc. Brings a sense of reality to our universe. When stuff remains the same, we can each share the results of our exploration as common understanding. Common understanding, or rather our unique appreciation of the world around us, brings us together as friends.

I feel this was lacking when new beauty changes came in and avatars were re-made. It wasn't possible to achieve a look that was close to before the changes, and when I had finished and thought I had something acceptable; I was horrified to discover I'd made a paper-doll of my avatar.

I remember how you looked before MS9, it was a much softer/friendlier/approachable look. Still from you're comments, I guess their's a thread for that discussion elsewhere ;)

Irrespective of Vu or increased modifications available, I'm happy to hide my curriously deep-set sleepless eyes behind a pair of Malachi. Even with agressive loot strategy from MA, I don't think they'll move us from 'pew pew pew' to socially orientated.

Atm i wont give one pec on those things. Better make skillgain :yay:

Back