Why you should never take a mentor

Valarias

Mature
{DELETED}

this also voids like my mentor agreement or w/e right?

edit:sorry about that it blocks photo.bucket (didnt know that)

Last edited by a moderator:
:scratch2: I am confused :scratch2:

umm ...

What exactly did you mean with this thread and pic ?
That mentor is complete newb ?

ummm maybe adjust the tinfoil hat so that they dont mess with your brain again ?

If your mentor is asking 100 peds for him to release you from the mentorship, kick him. Yes, you can do that yourself.

I did not see the Picture sorry makes sense now :ahh:

how... like i kept looking for ways then people kept saying i couldnt do it...also none of those people are my mentor lol.

how... like i kept looking for ways then people kept saying i couldnt do it...also none of those people are my mentor lol.

after 1% of disciple, you can't kick mentor .. And then only MA or Mentor can release you...

So, try to kick him now.. if you can't then write a support letter to MA to kick your mentor... ;)

You should never take a bad mentor.

My guess is that you accepted the first person to offer, without bothering to spend time talking to them or spending time with them out in the field. If so, then I'm not surprised you ended up with a crap one.

actualley no he wasnt that bad of a mentor just i dont have the time or money to waste on getting my mining really high and its cheaper and faster to use a skill implant

Image deleted. Third party image hosts are not permitted.

Rule # 28
All images and signatures must be uploaded to the EntropiaForum gallery. Linking to another source is NOT allowed. We reserve the right to change your images/avatar/signature/posts without notice, but in most cases a PM will be sent to request that you make the change yourself. The use of the YouTube BB code to embed videos into posts is only allowed in the EU Creative forums.

Also, please do not embed very large images in posts, as this disrupts the page layout of the forum. Use the thumbnail or link option from the Gallery instead.

Finally, this thread belongs in the https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mentors-disciples/ forum. Please make an effort to post new threads in the proper section of the forum.

actualley no he wasnt that bad of a mentor just i dont have the time or money to waste on getting my mining really high and its cheaper and faster to use a skill implant

Faster yes... cheaper.. umm .. rly ? I think its actualy more expensive.. depends on skill

Sorry about that Admin :), definetely cheaper in mining only cost 100 to get me to 3000 skill where as i have already spent 40 to get to 313... im thinking alot cheaper :) then again ima nub and i might be trying to many places that i shouldnt be.

So you're saying that no-one should ever take a mentor, because you personally can't be bothered to skill naturally.

:rolleyes:

My new advice is never to take Valarias as a mentor.

So you're saying that no-one should ever take a mentor, because you personally can't be bothered to skill naturally.

No im saying no one should take a mentor because of assholes like you :) and....
because 99.99% arent in it to help the rookie they just want them for some object they hope will be good while not having to waste their own time to do anything.

Don't worry i never planned on being a mentor i dont help people for stuff id just help them because its nice and the right thing to do to keep entropia fun cause if you haven't noticed nearly eveyone hates noobs starting a game right off the bat, you for instance.

No im saying no one should take a mentor because of assholes like you :) and....
because 99.99% arent in it to help the rookie they just want them for some object they hope will be good while not having to waste their own time to do anything.

Don't worry i never planned on being a mentor i dont help people for stuff id just help them because its nice and the right thing to do to keep entropia fun cause if you haven't noticed nearly eveyone hates noobs starting a game right off the bat, you for instance.

Actually in this game most people are perfectly happy to help a new player. Perhaps they just hate you, possibly because you seem to be prone to delivering unprovoked personal abuse and making sweeping assumptions without evidence or research.

Good luck. I won't be contributing any more to your thread.

really unprovoked attacks? lets look at a quote shall we.

You're the reason people quit.

really unprovoked attacks? lets look at a quote shall we.

You're the reason people quit.

hahahaha, are you really that dumb?

In not a single game people are more helpfull to others and to new players.

To be a good miner skills come in second place, personal knowledge and experience come in first place. So you have 3k in a mining skills, what do you know?

hahahaha, are you really that dumb?

In not a single game people are more helpfull to others and to new players.

To be a good miner skills come in second place, personal knowledge and experience come in first place. So you have 3k in a mining skills, what do you know?

Um actually they are, and are YOU really that dumb? Blind faith at its best.
And i never said i knew much about this game i.e. i called myself a noob at it.
Oh and i can name a few off the top of my head.

Um actually they are, and are YOU really that dumb? Blind faith at its best.
And i never said i knew much about this game i.e. i called myself a noob at it.
Oh and i can name a few off the top of my head.

You are new, you know nothing (like you said yourself, you are noob) and you start to throw in some serious conclusions while you don't know a thing about this game.

You are trying to break down the mentorship system and keep saying that 99.9% of the players aren't in to help newbie players. So you don't know anything about this game.

seeing as im the noob and i would be experiencing it first hand and since youre so called "uber" and havent had a mentor in years YOU would be the one with no idea then.

seeing as im the noob and i would be experiencing it first hand and since youre so called "uber" and havent had a mentor in years YOU would be the one with no idea then.

Nope, you only have one experience where you base you're conclusion on.

actually take a look a round theres alot more posts about how bad mentors are then how good they are.

actually take a look a round theres alot more posts about how bad mentors are then how good they are.

Same as in real life. You're boss come and talk to you when you fail at work, but when you just do you're job you won't hear a thing from him.

Take a look at this thread, that is how the Entropia community is, it is the most helpfull community there is, if you open for it you get help, and ofcourse there's asshole everywhere.

This guy asked a question and lot's of ppl come up with idea's and invest time in this guy with nothing in return, that is EU.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-expect-doing-5-ped-hunt-day.html#post1608494

I never said the community wasnt helpful they are i had alot of questions answered but the mentor system is flawed and most of them are just after that item you may see them one day and then they wont even talk to you anymore.

1: I second oleg's response that chipping as a noob is a bad idea.... so many skills affect each proffession. If you raise your prof level too high by chipping one skill, your odds of getting other "free" skills decrease... most new players don't understand the correlation between skills and proffessions, and what proffession level actually means for game function. At the very least, i think it's a bad idea because you're investing money in something you don't even know if you'll like.

2:3000 "mining" skill won't do much for mining... surveying or prospecting will

3:if you already have 313 surveying or prospecting, you're over 50% of the way there, if your mentor actually helped, it's kinda inconsiderate to asked to be kicked. That being said, asking for payment to be kicked is a bit over the top.

4: increased skill doesn't neccessarily equate profitability, so what's the rush?

5: A fairly skilled and well liked player took the time to answer your thread, made a tounge in cheek comment that pertained to your advice, not you, and you called him an "asshole". Networking and reputation are more important to long term success in a player based economy game than you might think. someone's gonna hafta buy your claim. Best to think twice before throwing around insults. it's a pretty small community, You never know what kind of connections you're shutting off by picking a fight.

I never said the community wasnt helpful they are i had alot of questions answered but the mentor system is flawed and most of them are just after that item you may see them one day and then they wont even talk to you anymore.

Yes like i said, there are assholes and they are after the item. But 99% of the playerbase is very helpfull to other players at every level.

1: I second oleg's response that chipping as a noob is a bad idea.... so many skills affect each proffession. If you raise your prof level too high by chipping one skill, your odds of getting other "free" skills decrease... most new players don't understand the correlation between skills and proffessions, and what proffession level actually means for game function. At the very least, i think it's a bad idea because you're investing money in something you don't even know if you'll like.

2:3000 "mining" skill won't do much for mining... surveying or prospecting will

3:if you already have 313 surveying or prospecting, you're over 50% of the way there, if your mentor actually helped, it's kinda inconsiderate to asked to be kicked. That being said, asking for payment to be kicked is a bit over the top.

4: increased skill doesn't neccessarily equate profitability, so what's the rush?

5: A fairly skilled and well liked player took the time to answer your thread, made a tounge in cheek comment that pertained to your advice, not you, and you called him an "asshole". Networking and reputation are more important to long term success in a player based economy game than you might think. someone's gonna hafta buy your claim. Best to think twice before throwing around insults. it's a pretty small community, You never know what kind of connections you're shutting off by picking a fight.

thanks for your advice, but he didnt make a tongue in cheek remark he put it flatout and it was pretty obviously directed at me, if he would have actualley made an effort like your post instead of just flat out insulting me i wouldnt have been mad.

and also about the investing, atleast it wont go down with value if i really just dont like it ill just chip out. but im starting to enjoy mining :)

Back