Why you should never take a mentor

Well your just plain wrong... if you haven't had anything to do with the game then you can't possibly know.

My mentor armored me up, supplied me with weapons and ammo, and took me on lots of hunts. She was extremely helpful and her soc took me in and they were all very helpful. As a result I graduated within 2 weeks.

I have had MANY players help me along the way and a lot of them were higher level players. Most of the people I hunt with now are higher level than me and we ALL help out.

I often stand at neas and heal. I help noobs to TP runs. I wont take a deciple myself because I don't have the time to teach. MOST mentors ARE NOT in it for the item.

It isn't fair that you are trying to kick a mentor that has helped you so far simply because you don't want them to get the item. Chip but first let them get their item for the time they have clearly WASTED teaching an obnoxious jerk like you. It's not like you loose anything by it.

Last edited:
Well your just plain wrong... if you haven't had anything to do with the game then you can't possibly know.

My mentor armored me up, supplied me with weapons and ammo, and took me on lots of hunts. She was extremely helpful and her soc took me in and they were all very helpful. As a result I graduated within 2 weeks.

I have had MANY players help me along the way and a lot of them were higher level players. Most of the people I hunt with now are higher level than me and we ALL help out.

I often stand at neas and heal. I help noobs to TP runs. I wont take a deciple myself because I don't have the time to teach. MOST mentors ARE NOT in it for the item.

It isn't fair that you are trying to kick a mentor that has helped you so far simply because you don't want them to get the item, because you want to chip. Chip, let them get their item for the time they have clearly WASTED teaching an obnoxious jerk like you. It's not like you loose anything by it.

wow did you not read anything at all? first off i wish i had a mentor like that ( i bet we all wish we did), yes they are you have obviously not been to the place where the noobs go, they pick em up by the herds and just hope they graduate providing no support, My mentor hasnt helped me like that and if he really wanted to help me he would have dropped me instead of demanding 100ped. yah i do i lose ALOT OF MONEY, and i dont have an unlimited income i just quit my job. It has nothing to do with the fact that i dont want them to get the item its that i need them to drop me SO I CAN USE A CHIP I BOUGHT FOR A 150$ DOLLARS. Rawr!

wow did you not read anything at all? first off i wish i had a mentor like that ( i bet we all wish we did), yes they are you have obviously not been to the place where the noobs go, they pick em up by the herds and just hope they graduate providing no support, My mentor hasnt helped me like that and if he really wanted to help me he would have dropped me instead of demanding 100ped. yah i do i lose ALOT OF MONEY, and i dont have an unlimited income i just quit my job. It has nothing to do with the fact that i dont want them to get the item its that i need them to drop me SO I CAN USE A CHIP I BOUGHT FOR A 150$ DOLLARS. Rawr!

Ok, now i'm sure. You are one of the kind that don't want help. And that's no problem because you just simply don't deserve help.

Start it all over with a better approach and you will enjoy the Entropian Community like we all do.

Yep im sure i wouldnt want help from people like you i responded nicely to outrageous accusations, and thats the response i get? Fuck you.

There are good mentors around and bad mentors around. If u actually search this forum, there are good mentors here. in fact i can name a couple of them off the top of my head who are on this forum with a good reputation and are genuinely willing to help ppl.
Nothing wrong with Mentors getting the item as long as he puts in the effort to teach people so that these newcomers are well set in the beginning.

but ofc if ur mentor is demanding 100peds from u or whatever, he is an asshole... just ask MA to kick him.

Also, regarding ur skills... If u planning on getting the "mining" skill not prospecting, it will only allow u use better extractors yea. Not the Finders, hope u know that.
But then again, nothing wrong with chipping if u have deep pockets or just willing to spend the money to give ur avatar a small treat and a taste of "power" or just to start off a bit early. However, it is recommended that u spend that money, as a newbie, in all the professions so that u can decide on what u like and dislike.

Good luck! Don't be fast to judge the community :) Its one of the best around on the internet. Bet my life on it!

There are good mentors around and bad mentors around. If u actually search this forum, there are good mentors here. in fact i can name a couple of them off the top of my head who are on this forum with a good reputation and are genuinely willing to help ppl.
Nothing wrong with Mentors getting the item as long as he puts in the effort to teach people so that these newcomers are well set in the beginning.

but ofc if ur mentor is demanding 100peds from u or whatever, he is an asshole... just ask MA to kick him.

Also, regarding ur skills... If u planning on getting the "mining" skill not prospecting, it will only allow u use better extractors yea. Not the Finders, hope u know that.
But then again, nothing wrong with chipping if u have deep pockets or just willing to spend the money to give ur avatar a small treat and a taste of "power" or just to start off a bit early. However, it is recommended that u spend that money, as a newbie, in all the professions so that u can decide on what u like and dislike.

Good luck! Don't be fast to judge the community :) Its one of the best around on the internet. Bet my life on it!

Thank you, yah i knew mining wasnt the actual skill just saying mining gets the point across better =P, thanks for actually contributing :)

Sooo....

How long did you know this mentor before agreeing to disciple under them?

How many hunts/ mining runs, and hanging around did you do before agreeing to be their disciple?

Did you discuss when you both played, that said mentor would be available when you needed them?

Did you get an alternate contact method for said mentor before agreeing to disciple under them?

Bottom line: Sure there are deadbeat mentors, but there are also noobs that should excercise much more caution when selecting a mentor. Many of the old hands that hang around the PA tarmac try to warn noobs, but we can't be there 24x7 and many noobs simply don't listen.

Oh well.

AG

Well she was healing me and helping me sweat for a bit...i wasnt expecting her to be the best just help me with tid bits of info, but i didnt know i was going to be stuck i thought it said YOU could kick your mentor.

You're the reason people quit.

I hope you do... and I hope I never have a disciple as verbal abusive as you.
Please go away.

and to return the favour: Likewise.

If he's gonna be a dick just do what I do... - rep.;)

I don't agree with the never tbh

as already said, there are good mentors, but i agree that this harvesting of newbies lately is annoying

loads of ppl running from newbies to newbies adding as disciple and sometimes to a soc (where 99% are noobs in there too, who have as much info about EU as a cow about flying)
since MA introduced new gifts, you find way more ppl than ever
one day at the NAZ and you can often get like 5 harvesters

it doesn't need to be a bad one though
i partially took my time to run to the newbie just added to a weird soc and name to tell them in PM what was going on and the mentor was kicked afterwards
and no, i didn't add them after :D

that it doesn't have to be that way, i could speak of personal experience
my last disciple who wanted to use skill chips asked me to release him
I said i would, if he wanted to, but yet he skilled naturally in mining (which skills fastest) so he could chip hunting skills, just to graduate officially so i would have another graduater (ME gift was crap btw, in case you want to know)

hence, i would rather see some improvement and other rules in the mentor system, as putting all the harvesters together in the same pot as the good mentors

Valarias... heres an advice from a player who started this awesome game in 2003

FUCK OFF :yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:
sorry if it has been said in the 5 pages but
*file a support case and i'm rather sure you'll be released from mentorship. if you remember the time your mentor said about those 100ped, add it to the case.

Lol,

Back when I had the patience to mentor a few people, I had one who did much the same as this guy it seems.

I added him, helped him as I could. Wasted my time running tp's, chatting continuously, answering the same questions over and over again because he wouldn't listen, or didnt like the answers he was given.

Then comes the day when he pm's me, asking me to remove him because he bought a freaking 8 ped tt rifle chip. Apparently I neglected to inform him you could become uber quickly by buying an 8 ped tt rifle chip.. So after a bit of an attempt to explain why he was wasting him ped/time, I gave up and kicked him as he wanted. Havent bothered mentoring since.

This OP seems like a typical douchebag. Lets hope he quits as quick as the rest of em do.

Yep im sure i wouldnt want help from people like you i responded nicely to outrageous accusations, and thats the response i get? Fuck you.

I should make a thread outlining why it is a waste of time to take on 97% of the disciples that want mentors.. but guess why I didn't... I don't like to whine. It is a waste of time. You made the choice to jump into something you knew nothing about. If you had a bad mentor you could kick them.

Btw chipping in is nice but isn't everything. Do you know anything about the game? Do you know what to do with all those skills? Blindly going to figure it all out?

Good luck with what ever you choose.

kosmos

just 25 posts and already a fucked up reputation, nice going :thumbup:

There are so much helpfull people outthere, the only thing you need to do is to be open to help and search a little bit yourself.

Firstly, I agree that if you have a mentor demanding PED to release a disciple before graduation (for whatever reason) then that mentor is an a$$hole...

Seondly personal responsibility must be taken into consideration and I don't think you have much of that when I read this... "i dont have an unlimited income i just quit my job. It has nothing to do with the fact that i dont want them to get the item its that i need them to drop me SO I CAN USE A CHIP I BOUGHT FOR A 150$ DOLLARS." Not a wise use of money for someone who chose to leave a job.

One bad mentor does not make every mentor bad...

Being verbally abusive to responces you don't like or show another point of view will get you a bad rep in a very short time...

Try to be open minded and you'll be able to make good use of all comments on tyhis forum, good or bad...

Cheeers, Nobleone :beerchug:

My advice to you:

- file the support case (or did you already do this?)
- sell your 1.5k ped skill chip (really, what do you think you can do with those skills what you cannot do now?)
- buy the resources to skill your primary profession (bombs or probes)

You will graduate in under a week with this amount of funds and you will probably find something nice as well.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with your mentor.

Sorry about that Admin :), definetely cheaper in mining only cost 100 to get me to 3000 skill where as i have already spent 40 to get to 313... im thinking alot cheaper :) then again ima nub and i might be trying to many places that i shouldnt be.

100 of what for 3000 skill (what skill)
100 peds buys you a 10 ped ESI - and that is ~1500 skill, and i dont know any skill priced at 1000% (which is basically ESI price)

I.

Edit: found out.

LOL @ I quit my job and bought a 150$ chip.
Dude you really shouldnt play this game.

Last edited:
Back