Will we soon see the first (L) faps and (L) armor?

Will MA soon make (L) armor and/or (L) FAPs?

• Yes, we will soon see (L) armor

Votes: 75 35.5%
  • Nope, no (L) armor anytime soon

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Yes, we will soon see (L) FAPs

Votes: 114 54.0%
  • Nope, no (L) FAPs anytime soon

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • What does (L) mean?

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

Vedder

Marauder
I wonder why MA hasn't made any of these items yet.

Post your thoughts, if you think you know why they haven't yet, or won't in any near future either.

Don't realy care I wouldn't buy them anyway:tongue2:

Vedder said:
I wonder why MA hasn't made any of these items yet.

Post your thoughts, if you think you know why they haven't yet, or won't in any near future either.

MA will eben make PEDs(L) if they realize they can make money with it. :laugh:

Jac(L)

if the armor/fap has good stats, and as long as they dont remove any of the current ones i dont mind. imo limited items are good for everyone in the long run (better for crafters and a lower markup on good items)

just dont make the limited items too limited if you know what i mean hehe. they should last atleast a couple of months

but im not so sure if they will appear anytime soon. who knows :dunno:

Jac said:
MA will eben make PEDs(L) if they realize they can make money with it. :laugh:

Jac(L)

Where do you get unlimited Peds from?

Winston

Oblivion said:
Well i hope that they will never appear...i actually hate the L items :mad:

Just my :twocents:

Join the club ... waste of bloody money ...

Oblivion said:
Well,i think he invested quite a lot of $$$ and he crafts a lot of good things...like those amp's for mining....

From another thread about "Buzz Erik Lightyear".
And now you say you hate the (L) items? :silly2:

I think it will come but I dont really know, it can be good and it can be bad...:laugh:

My Two Cents...

I voted that yes we probably will see both (L) FAPs and Armor soon, since they have (L) Armor plating already. Personally, I won't buy any of these (L) items if / when they come out. I don't have a bunch of spare cash to waste and rarely does the benefit outweigh the cost. If I get randomly lucky one day and should loot something like this, I might keep it as a trophy item until I need spare cash. With one exception, I find the (L) items to be a poorly thought out idea - the one exception is the (L) Whip, of course.

:twocents:

I think that we soon will see them and I am sure that it will be good for the economy..

Let us take 2 examples on FAP.

FAP-90 and EK2600.

FAP-90 has a decay of 7 PEC and max heal of 40 HP.
EK2600 has a decay of 9 PEC and max heal of 42 HP.

Due to much better economy, FAP-90 is more expensive to buy.
(Nowdays EK2600 also start to be expensive because of limited gold)

Economy on FAP-90 is: 5.71
Economy on EK2600 is: 4.67

How would a limited item competet with those?
Let us take an example.
"Dolorosa FAP (L)" heal 42 HP and has 6 PEC decay. If cost to produce those would defend a marketvalue of 160%, we would have an "effective decay" of 6*1.6 = 9.6 PEC.

Economy would then be 42/9.6= 4.375 (negliated the last 3% of TT-value) and it would be a great alternative to EK2600 as "emergency FAP" for new and medium skilled players because they don't need to pay several hundred of peds in start investment.
Price of higher level FAP's would not go down, because they still have better economy and those who chose to invest, will gain in the end. (longterm)

Of course similar could also be done with other higher level FAP's

/Kjetil :cool:

Oblivion said:
Well i hope that they will never appear...i actually hate the L items :mad:
Just my :twocents:
I hate Molinks Scouts.

Tyler said:
Don't realy care I wouldn't buy them anyway:tongue2:
Unless you have a imp-adj or mod fap, you'll properly endup buying them if that stats of nice. My initial statement when the Breer(L) came into the world was ... I will never buy those stupid Breer(L), cause it's making PE into a (L) world. Guess what I'm using now. Breer(L) is superb with a 10/10 Hit ability. I don't mind paying some extra %, as this
keeps the crafter's crafting.

Photon said:
Join the club ... waste of bloody money ...
Why do 50% of all player don't like (L). (L) stuff have a place in PE. If people would look abit closer, many (L) items have stats which is better than nice, so in then end, waste of peds ?, think again.

No one is pressing you folks to buy those (L) items, except from yourself when you realize that they have something to offer, which means you'll have to fight yourself :D. Sooner or later you'll properly join in (L) users group :laugh:

A (L) fap sounds interessing, i'd like on of those if it's Eco if better than fap-50. Armour (L) ? it all depends on the decay

how would this affect MA's income? dont they basicly get all their income from repairs?

ammo -> lootpool
repair -> MA's pocket

lets hope they wont take their share from the crafting lootpool

There is a fundamental difference in (L) weapons/faps, and (L) armors, and it is that the first group keep their stats for the whole lifetime of the item, while the armor does not.

An armor should be kept always in mint condition to keep its protection, so what's the value of a (L) armor that is 50% decayed and it does not protect anymore as it should?. It is almost useless, isn't it?.

I guess this happens already with (L) platings. I don't know if a lot of people buy them, but certainly I don't see them as very attractive.

/jdegre.

There are limited platings. And thosse platings Protect 100% until fullt decayed!

And yes i think it is a good idea to make Real good items more available but only usable for a certain ammount of time.

For armor it may decay but not lose its protection value, Would be real handy in Landgrabs not needing to repair during the LG.

For faps i agree with kjetil!

jdegre said:
There is a fundamental difference in (L) weapons/faps, and (L) armors, and it is that the first group keep their stats for the whole lifetime of the item, while the armor does not.

An armor should be kept always in mint condition to keep its protection, so what's the value of a (L) armor that is 50% decayed and it does not protect anymore as it should?. It is almost useless, isn't it?.

I guess this happens already with (L) platings. I don't know if a lot of people buy them, but certainly I don't see them as very attractive.

/jdegre.
(L) armor would ofc give max protection until it becomes useless, just like (L) plates does.

Vedder said:
(L) armor would ofc give max protection until it becomes useless, just like (L) plates does.

Ah, ok. Didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.
/jdegre.

I feel some (L) prejudice in this thread :D

I personally think that (L) items are a great thing, and I can't wait for armors and faps to become limited. Just as long as there are non-limited alternatives consistently available I really don't see the problem with any of it.

Limited items are there for a purpose. They (potentially) give us access to items which we can use more efficiently, and often with better stats than other non-limited items we'd be prepared to pay for. I always thought the idea was that some items with nice stats would become available for significantly cheaper than their limited alternatives (markup that is), and you could use it for its lifecycle as a one-off.

There are still not many (L) items around, and I'm sure there will be more soon. When it takes off, I think people will find prices easier to cope with, and the concept of those types of items more accessible.

It means that resources will be more in-demand, and that crafters will have more business AND competition than ever before. I personally welcome limited faps with uber stats, hoping that the price & decay won't be prohibitive. Same thing with armor.

sob said:
how would this affect MA's income? dont they basicly get all their income from repairs?

ammo -> lootpool
repair -> MA's pocket

It doesnt. well, it doesnt have to anyway. This is why i cant understand peoples resistance to L items, you repair you rifle, pistol, sword, fap and armour anyway. How does it change things if they become Limited use? you just pay the future decay/repair costs up front.

However, it depends on how well balanced the L items are to supply of materials. If MA will persist with keeping crafting ores rare, or requiring rare ores in basic items, then we will have a problem. The advent of dropped L items makes me wonder if they do actually have crafters interests in mind here.

One thing that you also have to take in count, is that (L) can be really good for economy because of resources used.

Look f.ex now at limited items that are crafted. It has result for higher demand for resources and better for those who supply with the resources. Miners now have more decay because of their mining amps, but they can sell more of their resources. Hunters can sell more of their stones like Iron and Gazz and crafters are happy because they don't allways need to feed the TT-terminal. The only hard here is balancing, but I think MA does a great job in that.

/Kjetil :cool:

winnie know's I don't like L items :) but I see no option for I hope we never see limited faps and armour.

Limited items seem to require a lot of expensive resources to make them, which often reflects in the sale price of the crafted item. Which is often a silly amount of peds. Anything over 110% on ANYTHING is too much imo, but such is the economy that overpricing is rife.

Introducing Limited armour would suck a$$ big time, as you'd be stuck, unable to hunt while you try and get the next piece of decent (L) armour at the right price. You could spend a week like that!

A week out, not hunting, that's got to be bad for MA. Same for faps. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I hate the idea of limited faps and armour. I'll never buy limited plates either.

Limited weapons with skill increase are a different matter. Maybe a special limited fap with skill increase for special 'skilling' session would have a market place.

AkiranBlade said:
Limited items seem to require a lot of expensive resources to make them, which often reflects in the sale price of the crafted item. Which is often a silly amount of peds. Anything over 110% on ANYTHING is too much imo, but such is the economy that overpricing is rife.

well even 110% its not really craftable as the average of ore are at 120%.
But lets say that (L) item should dont go at more than 135 140% max.
Problem is due to insane rare ore used , they often go at 160% ++ so its no so iteressing to use.
and in fact they often came out at a price they very very crap to use :(

Problem is MA havent yet really understand the point for player in (L) item.
they whant gain as mutch as if it was a normal item.
but those L item could devellop crafting and so give hope to lots player..

AkiranBlade said:
Introducing Limited armour would suck a$$ big time, as you'd be stuck, unable to hunt while you try and get the next piece of decent (L) armour at the right price. You could spend a week like that!

The main problem at the moment is that MA don't make limited items/BPs available enough. The drops are fairly rare still and they are still too expensive to craft in general. If enough were made available, and enough mid-level crafters got their hands on them, the prices would become more reasonable and you'd see an abundance in the market.

When MA start to realise the potential of limited items I think they'll become more useful and more accessible in general. At the moment, the situation is dire, which is why most people dislike limited items.

They are a good thing for PE if managed correctly, and MA have all the control in this case.

Noggin said:
The main problem at the moment is that MA don't make limited items/BPs available enough. The drops are fairly rare still and they are still too expensive to craft in general. If enough were made available, and enough mid-level crafters got their hands on them, the prices would become more reasonable and you'd see an abundance in the market.

When MA start to realise the potential of limited items I think they'll become more useful and more accessible in general. At the moment, the situation is dire, which is why most people dislike limited items.

They are a good thing for PE if managed correctly, and MA have all the control in this case.

my point too.

i dont understand why MA dont only take the "normal" item , put them in (L) with som little change , and use crap ore to craft them.
i bet crafter would be happy if som gunt like regular mk2 came in (L) (mean with hit and crit at 10 and decay little lowered) and can be crafted with oil , lyst , belk , cald or what ever other crap ore.
I am sure lots more player would have hope in craft but also , start the marcket of the (L) item.
right not , L item are "jetset" fun lol
thats far away from the first point ...

AkiranBlade said:

Yeah as opposed to normal items that use common materials like the EMT2600 that uses gold, EMT2580 that needs Rugaritz (yeah that's gonna happen :rolleyes: ).

Personally, I wasn't fond on the (L) items at first but have become a fan after finding the OreFinders (L). Which have a better search depth as opposed to their normal counterparts at a much better cost. I haven't used other (L) items yet, but I think that as long as the stats and other relative costs are superior to the normal items for my lvl then I'll for them

The problem is when MA makes some ores sooooooo rare then what do you expect? It's supply and demand in a real cash economy. With Gazz before the oreamps the price was steady in the 170-180% (if I remember correctly), but then the price sky rocketed to up for 200% BUT then MA started flooding the market (in my estimation to make amps more economical) and the price dropped. With the bot attacks it's dived even more.....

Think it would be great to introduce a limited fap that will fill up the gap between imp/mod fap.

Then it's more afordable for the average Joe to obtain a nice emergancy fap.

Somewhere on this forum is a vote topic on price of mod FAP. Hope the price on this limited fap I have in mind wouldn't be like his normal imp/mod fap.

In this way more peple would have the benefit of a good emergancy fap.
And there are also benefit's for crafters because I forcast a run on them when they are introduced.

For sure I would use a fap with stats like Imp or Mod fap, with maybe 10-20pec decay. As long as the crafters don't charge 200% and up.

The thing I dislike about L items is that when you buy one and use it, you are losing the markup.
An L item at 100% condition might be worth TT+20. When it's half worn out, I doubt you will still be able to sell it for TT+20, more like TT+10 (Is half worn out, after all).
Once it reaches "busted" state it's worth tt+0, and all you can do it TT it.
A simular non L item actually goes up slightly TT+ value as it goes down in TT value.

Hence an item with a TT of, say, 200 peds at 100% might sell for 300, but you might be able to sell it for TT+110 when it's mostly worn out.
Why?

A person with only 200 peds can't afford 300 peds (TT+100) for it (whatever it is) when it is at 100%.
If you were to sell it at 10% (TT=20) condition he might be willing to pay 130 (TT+110) as he can then repair it with the 70 peds he has left over, and use it till its worn out. If he comes into more funds later, he does not need for buy another one (and pay another 110/100 peds above TT) all that is needed is to fix the one he has.

I have a set of armour I like (ghost), and it cost me something like TT+400. I would be really miffed if once it wore out I have to fork out another TT+400, all for 300 peds worth of protection.

Having read all of the previous posts, I still can not think of a reason to actually "like" L items.

Having tried out the mining amps, I feel that I spent the same money for about the same overall return.
I spent 100 peds on probes, and 100 peds on an amp, (200) and I feel I got back near enough the same value in finds as if I had just dropped 200 bombs, with the marked differance that it took half the time.
As I am not able to invest twice the money in bombs on mining, I now have to wait for payday at which point I will probably return to unamped mining, as the same amount of peds will buy at least twice the probes/bombs, and I won't run out before pay day.
Perhaps once my skills at mining are better (2-4 months) I will try again. But as of now I am "not really impressed" with the L mining amps.

I would like to have some limited Faps which uses Rugarize, Gold or Platinium or other rare Ores Ematters as I am quite sure that at the same time the miners would start to find this ore and ematter again.

And all the now so high priced not limited items which uses this rare ores could also be crafted at a reasonable price again :)

sob said:

ammo -> lootpool
repair -> MA's pocket

lets hope they wont take their share from the crafting lootpool

My guess would be that they get paid when the item is being used .. It does decay...

In fact I don’t think they get paid on old items when you repair them.
You have to decay the item by using it for them to get paid.

So I think that whether the item is limited or not, being paid when the item decays works the same.

I think there is an place for limited items, but only if those items are really good, and not an total replacement of un limited items.

I would expect limited items to be comparable to like an Bic disposable shaver compared to an permeant one.

An lot cheaper to get, easy to acquire! And consistent supply of.

aridash said:
It doesnt. well, it doesnt have to anyway. This is why i cant understand peoples resistance to L items, you repair you rifle, pistol, sword, fap and armour anyway. How does it change things if they become Limited use? you just pay the future decay/repair costs up front.

However, it depends on how well balanced the L items are to supply of materials. If MA will persist with keeping crafting ores rare, or requiring rare ores in basic items, then we will have a problem. The advent of dropped L items makes me wonder if they do actually have crafters interests in mind here.

My problem with good limited weapons is the following:

A) an good limited item probably be very hard to get over and over again!
*) easy to acquire! And consistent supply of.

B) the mark ups could cause an problem.
* An lot cheaper to get

Example 1:

Lets say they have an limited version of an imk2 and its mark up is like 20,000 peds

Lets also assume that its easy to get (re buy) which I don’t think will be the case.

Lets say I hunt with the imk2 (decay is based on the real imk2) I would say ??

Ok imk2 (L) 1,000 peds full tt... mark up would make it 21,000 peds total.

Each day I hunt would be lets say 20 peds in decay..

My math was flawed : the correct amount of days would be like 50

Example 2:

equiliant to like an mod 117

This gun I know for an fact I can blow out in 1 week full tt value of 1700

If I had to pay like 1,000 mark up every week don’t think I would be too happy with it.
The gun itself would cost like 52,000 peds in mark up alone.

Ok I come out with the following

Gun full tt 1,700 based on mark up of 1,000 (guess)

Gun would be 2,700 peds * 52 weeks

To run this gun would cost like 140,400 peds or 14,000 usd :(

Let you judge for yourself what you think , and please forgive the way the post was written... kinda like thinking out loud :)

Oh left out an few factors; the limited items would only deprecate in their value while un limited models will increase in value.

Last edited:
Back