Will we soon see the first (L) faps and (L) armor?

Will MA soon make (L) armor and/or (L) FAPs?

• Yes, we will soon see (L) armor

Votes: 75 35.5%
  • Nope, no (L) armor anytime soon

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Yes, we will soon see (L) FAPs

Votes: 114 54.0%
  • Nope, no (L) FAPs anytime soon

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • I don't care

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • What does (L) mean?

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
(L) armor will apear approx 24hours before I consider selling out ;)

I HATE the idea of (L) armour more than anything

Nicole said:
Example 1:

Lets say they have an limited version of an imk2 and its mark up is like 20,000 peds

Lets say I hunt with the imk2 (decay is based on the real imk2) I would say ??

Ok imk2 (L) 1,000 peds full tt... mark up would make it 21,000 peds total.

Each day I hunt would be lets say 20 peds in decay..

Hmmm this gun does not seem all that bad , not counting in the 3% factor!

I come out with like 1,050 hunting days that is like 2.8 years of hunting give or take.

If I understood your example correctly, the imk2 (L) with 1000 ped full tt would last only 50 days, not 1050 days (assuming 20 peds decay per day).
In these 50 days, you should recover the 20.000 ped markup you payed for the gun. In seems to me pretty hard to do it, imo.

/jdegre.

jdegre said:
If I understood your example correctly, the imk2 (L) with 1000 ped full tt would last only 50 days, not 1050 days (assuming 20 peds decay per day).
In these 50 days, you should recover the 20.000 ped markup you payed for the gun. In seems to me pretty hard to do it, imo.

/jdegre.

Tyvm for showing that my example 1 (limited imk2) was seriously flawed!

+Rep to you

I voted yes to both the limited faps and the limted armor - I also hope for limited clothes but that is another story :D

I voted yes since they sometimes got good stats and it will also be good for the crafters since there will be more needed.
I hope the limited faps and/or armor will be set at a price that will match the economi for the non-lilimted faps and/or armor.
If MA do it like that I can't see why everybody shouldn't be happy. I wouldn't matter to me if I where to buy more items instead of repairing. From what I know the limted orefinders, enmatterfinders etc. are ok?

Vedder said:
I wonder why MA hasn't made any of these items yet.

Post your thoughts, if you think you know why they haven't yet, or won't in any near future either.

I vote no, simply becasue they will not decy fast enough and will take too high of a crafter to craft ones that will make any difference + as you can see, not that high of an acceptance......not MA's style.

instead, keep a look out for high decaying "attachments/amps" for already existing items.

But nicole.

With ur math u have to think in it in a way that its much easier to get 10/10 on a L item.

So average players will be able to use it to its full potential and thus be able to compete with Uber players and make money using it due to high min dam and 10/10 abilitys.

This is 100% theoretical and just a very positive example.

If u have 5/10 stats and do 33.33% min damage with a normal rifle Lets say dam is 60, Makes min dam 20/max dam 60 which gives a average of 40.

if u have 10/10 with limited and do 50% min dam 30 and max dam 60 which gives a average of 45.

lets say it decay 0,1 pec per shot and the ammo burn is 14. Then u can use 300 k ammo for 20 ped decay.Full useable tt is 1000

so 21428 shots per 20 ped decay . with 5 dam more on average thats 107142 extra damage per 20 ped decay. do that*50 and u have 5357142 extra damage on the gun compared to if it wasnt limited.
Thats a shit load of dead longus.

if u hunt small longus lets say averge hp is 500 this makes 10714 extra dead longus. And if a small longu loots a ped on average u have 10714 extra ped which u would not have with a non limited gun.

Both guns are just made up but onyl to give and example on how much difference it makes.

Stats and stuff i didnt really take into account here only difference in damage dealt so u can see that it might really be worthwhile to use limited items!

Only use for a limited fap could be a high heal/low decay usage, using a limited fap for hunting will not work and only will make the current faps more useless then they allready are. Meaning give some players a fap that gives about 120 heal max with descent reload and low decay but those faps will be exlusive and not to cheap to aquire. That will give the toy more class and will make sure anyone owning it feels a bit more unique then without. LG will be far more intresting because odds are more balanced and the quality of PK of a soc will be more important then having a mod fap and hop around for a couple a hours.

For limited armor i dont see any use in this game. Armor as a limited item would only be intresting if it could give an advantage to peope not wanting to pay 30k for a armor you only now and then use, but armor decay lvls are same for all and most armor sets are reasonable easy to get a hold of.

I hope that we get a nice PK and uber mob fap and more adj fap in the game. Adj fap is useable on most mid lvl mobs and with right drop rate could be affordable for most players around, making a limited versions with mid lvl heal feels like a piece a candy to keep my quiet and doesnt do anything that an adj fap couldnt do and cheaper on long term even.

I was going to say no, don't be stupid, why would MA make something L with no skill gains on the item, but then saw a post mentioning the L armour plating, and as far as I know they don't give you any skill gains, so now my answer is yes, it's possible and if it does happen it will change the dynamics of the game, oh well, see how it pans out if it does happen then make a decision if it was a good move.

In the end, it is the market who will decide price for (L) items.
Are the (L) items very good, it will result in a demand for those items.

For crafted items, we will then see that crafters will focus more in (L) items and this will result in that resources will raise in price. Due to high resource price, (L) item will also be expensive. Since (L) item is expensive, economy will maybe not be so good and demand will lower. This means that crafters don't make so much of those and ore price will again fall. Again means that crafters can make them cheaper and price for (L) will fall. This means that economy will be better and maybe interesting to use again.

Conclusion is that it will balance in a way.

Who will earn on this? My two pecs is the supplyers of resources. This means miners and hunters. For higher level items where there are not so much competition between crafters, crafter will also gain on it.
MA will take the decay and supplyers of the items (miners, hunters and crafters) will take the markup. Users of the item will pay the markup.

If (L) items are very rare because hard to make, (due to rare resources or rare blueprints) then economy for it will not be stable. Buyers never know the avaliability or the cost for it and they will not use it so much as prices will be stable.

However, I am sure that (L) items are something needed in PE together with normal items. I also think that MA's strategy will be to make some nonlimited items more rare to let more money flowing around inside EU. When nonlimited items are rare, there need to be alternatives. To not flood market, (L) items are a good thing.

/Kjetil :cool:

I (L) think (L) everything (L) will (L) be (L) limited (L) !

That (L) SUCKS (Unlimeted ! :D )

Greetz (L)

Halwa (ultralimited)

the problem is i dont think MA will put some good L faps to soon cuse even is L you can make a good economy with it . in first place will use a low armor to kill some medium mobs and in second with an L fap (near imp let say) many medium players can go and kill good mobs.(good mobs are for BETA players :))
i think MA let the thinks in this way for a while .

Nicole said:
I would expect limited items to be comparable to like an Bic disposable shaver compared to an permeant one.

An lot cheaper to get, easy to acquire! And consistent supply of.

that has to be the best quote from this thread :laugh:
i totally agree :)

Wow, lots of opinions about this. :)

Personally I have no idea, why MA hasn't made these yet.
It would seem that there's a big gap between the imp/mod faps heal/sec and all the other faps, which (L) faps could fill out nicely.

And I agree a lot with what Kjetil said earlier about the supply/demand will pretty much control the markup on such items. If they're good and hard to make, they'll get a big markup, but if they're cheap to make or less economic/good the markup will be low.

Only thing I can think of that might be holding back MA, is that if they give us cheap (nearly as good) alternatives to the imp/mod faps, the price on these will fall. Maybe MA wants the price high for reason? Or maybe they just don't want to p*ss off the current imp/mod fap owners.
But then again, they could just make the first (L) faps a bit less efficient, and see how the market reacts.

Just using Faps as example... Almost same things could be said about (L) armor.

Maybe the not yet existing craftable armors Necromancer and Licht will be limited. Who knows?

Well. A ek 2500 deluxe decay so damn much. And imp/mod fap cost to damn much :D

A (L) Fap with powerful healing and ok decay on it and not to high price is what i want to see ingame ;)

snow said:
the problem is i dont think MA will put some good L faps to soon cuse even is L you can make a good economy with it . in first place will use a low armor to kill some medium mobs and in second with an L fap (near imp let say) many medium players can go and kill good mobs.(good mobs are for BETA players :))
i think MA let the thinks in this way for a while .
"In your dreams" a fap that is "publically available" thats near impfap in economy and healing ability? Doubt it, for several reasons...
The single most major reason is simply that if such a thing happen, MindArk buttf**k the ones that invest loads of time and money to get good equipment and they will get SERIOUSLY pissed off. In turn this means reluctancy in investements into PE, lost income and so on.
Just face the facts, PE is NOT targeting middle or low-class casual gamers, its targeting high middle and high class gamers, people with their own credit cards and no fear of using them. Not MA nor the PE community would benefit of having the game filled with kickass gear at low prices. You might THINK we would because you see no further than yourself hunting for cheap, but if everyone profits or break even, that means MA dont!
Also, if you can craft an "imp fap" then what the hell is there to aim for?
If you have eon, modfap, imk2 and modmerc, then whats the next step? There is only 2 logical ones.. Start "collecting" armor and equipment (more armor sets, more weapons and so on) or start DOWNGRADING your gear.. Youll get bored with always using the best, same gear sooner or later...

Tigerman said:
Just face the facts, PE is NOT targeting middle or low-class casual gamers, its targeting high middle and high class gamers

I think would be slightly more accurate if sad :
Just face the facts, PE is NOT targeting middle or low-class casual gamers, its targeting high middle and high class investors... :D

edit: back in the day, weapons, items, tools, were priced more according to gaming value...meaning how much an item would save you in $ over the lifetime of your avatar by using it vs. another item. Now the prices have far surpassed that and are priced more accordingly towards its investment value...meaning how much it can later be resold for.

Last edited:
Tigerman said:
"In your dreams" a fap that is "publically available" thats near impfap in economy and healing ability? Doubt it, for several reasons...
The single most major reason is simply that if such a thing happen, MindArk buttf**k the ones that invest loads of time and money to get good equipment and they will get SERIOUSLY pissed off. In turn this means reluctancy in investements into PE, lost income and so on.
Just face the facts, PE is NOT targeting middle or low-class casual gamers, its targeting high middle and high class gamers, people with their own credit cards and no fear of using them. Not MA nor the PE community would benefit of having the game filled with kickass gear at low prices. You might THINK we would because you see no further than yourself hunting for cheap, but if everyone profits or break even, that means MA dont!
Also, if you can craft an "imp fap" then what the hell is there to aim for?
If you have eon, modfap, imk2 and modmerc, then whats the next step? There is only 2 logical ones.. Start "collecting" armor and equipment (more armor sets, more weapons and so on) or start DOWNGRADING your gear.. Youll get bored with always using the best, same gear sooner or later...

He have a point. To good faps would not work. But at least a good fap with a OK decay. Not the 3 ped/click and not a 2pec/click. A ek 2600 decay like ~9 pec. Dubble heal and maybe a decay on 25 pec or so :D But ofc it is just a dream :tongue2: We have to live with it :)

don't be ridiculous people they arent going to make anything near the power of mod/adj/imp shit...

SOME L stuff is great even with the markup - just do the math.

I really don't see L items affecting much in this game.

Also don't be naive - this whole decay = profit and ammo = lootpool is pure bullshit....

when you deposit and don't withdraw MA makes money. :wise:

Oblivion said:
Well i hope that they will never appear...i actually hate the L items :mad:

Just my :twocents:

Same here , I hate the (L) items

Well i hope that they will never appear...i actually hate the L items
right there with you. i dont like (L)'s, but i suppose they give some crafters something to do.

i can sort of understand why they're (L) - their stats are so good, it would be unfair to the rest to have them forever. its both an advantage and a disadvantage. i havent seen the price tags on any (L) item, but i would'nt want to either. :scared:

Zib Black Onyx said:
when you deposit and don't withdraw MA makes money. :wise:

lol they also make $ from your withdraw.

the make $ off of pretty much anything they want to.

If I was them I would occationally adjust the hit/miss rate (so you had to fire,fap, armour decay more), I would also adjust the damage rate (so you had to fire,fap, armour decay more), and I would also adjust the damage rate that mobs do (so you had to fire,fap, armour decay more)...in essence I would make PE dynamic, so you couldnt track any adjustments that I did :)

multiply that by 4000 players on a daily basis, and I would be doing quite well...when ever I chose to make adjustments, that is. Of course I would also adjust them back on occations so you would thing you were improving at times.

not that this is how things happen, it's just how I would do things. :wise:

andyzammy said:
i can sort of understand why they're (L) - their stats are so good, it would be unfair to the rest to have them forever.

Im kinda curious as to which items you are referring to that are so good. :) the ones that I have noticed arent all that good, they are only as good (effective) as the regular items use to be a year or so ago.
I suppose now that the regular/old items were adjusted to be more like crap (axes/mk2/swords/pistols/etc)...it actually does make the newer L items better....but I only see them (like most all things in PE have become) that you have to pay more now to have the same effectiveness that you normally had a year or so ago.

only exception to this has been Faps...they have remained fairly consistant thru all the changes.

....not picking on your statement, just making an observation.

About MA and profit

Claims:
1. MA make money from your deposit fee.
2. MA make money if you deposit and dont withdraw.
3. MA make money when you withdraw.

Facts
1. MA has said all transaction fees are fees claimed by the bank alas no income to MA. So either MA lie or the claim is incorrect.
3. Same as 1.. MA has said all transaction fees are fees claimed by the bank alas no income to MA. So either MA lie or the claim is incorrect.

2. This is PARTLY correct.. MA do take a certain % of all the cash we deposit for operating costs, obviously. However they do not take ALL or even the majority of it. This because;
a) When you deposit 10 USD and lose 100 PED someone make a little profit.
b) They need a certain ammount of money easilly availbale for withdrawals. This is also, if im not mistaken, required by swedish law when you run a buisness?
c) MA has said their main source of income is interest from the money we have deposited
So in conclusion. If you deposit and dont withdraw, that dont mean that others dont withdraw what you have deposited in profit.

Reactions: sob
Tigerman said:
MA has said their main source of income is interest from the money we have deposited
They said that? :eek:

Do you have a link to where they have said so?

Tigerman said:
Claims:

c) MA has said their main source of income is interest from the money we have deposited

So in conclusion. If you deposit and dont withdraw, that dont mean that others dont withdraw what you have deposited in profit.

omg lol other people dont get that ped as profit... lol it is vapourized into no loots and armour and fap repairs...

look dont complicate it... think about how much money is deposited every week vs how much is withdrawn LOL

How many people do you know that make withdrawls AT ALL? lol

Sure they have X$ in the bank to cover deposits but after X months of operation you look and see how the ratio of money deposited vs withdrawn...

They are banking on people not withdrawing and instead eventually gambling that $$ away (I mean hunting etc) when an uber leaves game and withdraws peds they got from selling their uber weapons it hits MA hard... thats why they delay payments... I don't think MA planned on having these imp mod adj weapons (unbalanced) reaching the prices they are now... thats why they aren't dropping items that can appreicate like that anymore... appreciation hurts MA... peds dont have the potential to increase in price then get sold and that $$ withdrawn ;)

:eek:

wth was this thread about again?? L stuff... some L stuff is good and some is useless and some is shit. Why would MA just bring a few L items into game and thats it? the concept seems to be working... mining tools... korss seems to be a success so why stop there...

just my 2 cents... now spin the wheel and back to the loot!

Regarding repairs being the source of income for MA... i know this was answered thoroughly just before, but i wanted to point out for those who might not know that the name of the game describes exactly what the profit model is. Entropy is the unavoidably (IRL) increasing disorder of the universe due to every reaction and event that happens. You might call it the "running down" or "decay" of the universe. The-game-formerly-known-as-Project -Entropia is a project to see if a business model based on "decay" in a virtual universe can succeed!

Anyway back on track. I think (L) faps are coming soon, and will welcome them. I think some of you are overlooking the real niche for nice (L) faps (or other items): in occasional joy hunts above the normal abilities of the player. (L) armors seem a bit of a stretch just because you'd have to get hold of exactly the right part to replace each time, but again i can see it being used for hunts of big mobs when a player gets bored with opalo corn hunts.

MA only makes money from repairs ya right..

why would MA make BLP weapons high decay and low burn and laser weapons high burn and low decay???

if everyone used lasers MA would make less money? ya right get real.

Zib Black Onyx said:
MA only makes money from repairs ya right..

why would MA make BLP weapons high decay and low burn and laser weapons high burn and low decay???

if everyone used lasers MA would make less money? ya right get real.

Lol well there's us quoting what MA has said and you pulling stuff out of thin air in a rather haughty way.

They don't necessarily even keep all the decay. If they did it would drain the loot pool faster than i think is the case. There's no reason to assume that using laser weapons contributes less to MA, although it wouldn't surprise me.

Back