***WoF 2008 FINAL!!!!*** Info etc!

then its confirm.. the final will be at 14.00 MA-time on saturday

Ill PM hurrikane to confirm for Team Sweden

Another interesting bit of trivia...

There are only 2 teams that have played in EVERY World of Firepower round throughout the history of WOF...

Sweden and Romania :)

There have been only 2 teams that had a losing record in a Stage and still advanced to the next Stage:

* Cuba was 1-2 in Stage 3 (2008) and advanced to Stage 4

* Germany was 1-2 in Stage 2 (2007) and advanced to Stage 3 (Germany made it to the Semifinals in 2007 also)

Last edited:

There are only 2 teams that have played in EVERY World of Firepower round throughout the history of WOF...

England and Romania :)

It's a bit late here but I'm kinda thinking Sweden might have something to say about that...

Hi all, firstly, sorry for the on-going failure to get the scores to you; difficulties I need not mention have conspired against us. I seem to have a good internet connection at last so I hope to run the final from the comfort of my own home.

Due to (let's say) a technical hitch, here are the
Scores from Stage 5: The Off-World Semi's.
They will be rendered graphically at a later date.

I expect France's score to be out a little; without screenshots I don't know how many were missed though, Any other complaints, please PM me and we'll amend as required.

Romania Vs Tibet:

Romania:

Main Team: 41 globals= 324 +7 Hofs(7x20=140)+30 Variety+13 Loot= 507. PED= 8894

Support: 18 globals= 55 + Bonus (25)+ 5 variety= 85

507+85= 592 total

Tibet:

Main Team: 19 globals= 173 + 7 HoFs (7x20=140) +50 Variety= 363. PED= 7473

Support: 11 globals = 32 + bonus (25) + 5 variety= 62

363+62= 425 total

England Vs France:

England:

Main team: 15 globals = 101 = 3 HoFs (20+16+20) + 30 Variety + 13 Loot = 190. PED= 3071

Support: 40 Globals = 133 + Bonus (25) + 5 Variety= 163

190+163= 353 total

France:

Main Team: 12 globals= 70 + 2 HoFs (20+12) + 1 Susan (12)+ 50 Variety = 164 . PED=2729

Support: 2 globals= 6

164+6= 170 total

Sweden Vs Finland:

Sweden:

Main Team: 14 globals= 140 + 14 HoFs (14x20) + 13 Loot = 433. PED=9384

Support: 13 globals= 43+ 5 variety= 48

433+ 48= 481 total

Finland:

Main Team: 13 globals = 105 + 1 HoF (20) + 50 Variety= 175. PED= 2801

Support: 6 globals= 20 + 5 Variety= 25

175+25= 200 total

See you all at the crater

at 14:00 !

:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:

England and Romania :)

You are wrong there. England was not in last yers final that's make them miss one game and the I belive sweden have play all rounds too.

P.S. USA, Sweden & Romania was in last yers final, cant see englands there :cool:

Milken is correct.

its Sweden and Romania

Thanks to Hurrikane for the greatest EU tournament ever! Best wishes to Sweden and Romania for the Final, let's make it a great end to a great tournament.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYdlJ1LzNI[/YOUTUBE]

:D:D:D

It's a bit late here but I'm kinda thinking Sweden might have something to say about that...

You are wrong there. England was not in last yers final that's make them miss one game and the I belive sweden have play all rounds too.

P.S. USA, Sweden & Romania was in last yers final, cant see englands there :cool:

Milken is correct.

its Sweden and Romania

Correct... and changed. That's what happens when a 3-year old is sitting on your lap when you are posting :laugh: My apologies to Sweden!

Just wanted to say BEST OF LUCK to EVERYONE taking part in WoF today

but especially TEAM ENGLAND!! :D

Just wanted to say BEST OF LUCK to EVERYONE taking part in WoF today

but especially TEAM SWEDEN!! :D

GO
Team Sweden

The Results of WoF 2008 were:

1st: England

2nd: Sweden

3rd: Romania

The scores and breakdowns will be posted soon, but the positions are clear.

Well done and a huge thanks to all who took part, I shall be contacting the winning 12 for the distribution of their Prizes, including the yet-to-be-seen 2008 MA Winners Jackets.

I'll also update all these posts in a day or so with a better write-up of events:)

What a start to the year:)
Hurrikane

omg :) sweden came second :) yay

gz england

And a big ty to you Hurrikane, and everyone else organising and judging :)

It's been a pleasure to take part :)

:wtg:

Wooohooooo!!!! :silly: Engerlaaaaaaaaand!!!!! :yay:

Jamhot

Great final everyone, that was an absolutely amazing scene at Troy.

Sweden and Romania, unlucky this time but I'm sure you'll be there again this time next year!

And wonderful job Hurrikane and all the judges. Must have been over a thousand people involved at one point or another, and probably 200ish in the final alone! Can imagine it was a huge job to keep it all running smoothly, and its great to have such an amazing competition running in EU.

Looking forward to WoF 2009 already!

AWESOME JOB ONCE AGAIN HURRIKANE

hurrikane-2.jpg

AND ... it was a pleasure for me also to be a part of this incredible team! Thanks also to Team Sweden and Team Romania for being such formidable opponents in this final challenge. ;)

Congratulations "TEAM ENGLAND"

Super Gratz to England!!!! To Sweden and Romania as well, you all did a fantastic job this year.

Just a heads up, there will be an 'End of WoF' party this Friday at Chug's Hideout. All of the details aren't set yet, but Hurrikane or myself will be getting a fresh thread up about it soon, we just need to talk and get ourselves in synch on the plans a little more. I am 'organizing' and Hurrikane will be giving out the awards. (If there should be a delay in getting the prizes from MA, we may postpone.)

In the meantime, as part of my 'organizing' I will be passing my begging bowl for the little 'whip round' (help Akiran! :)) to get something nice for Hurrikane to show our thanks for all of his hard work and creativity in giving us the WoF. (Hide your eyes Hurri, you don't know about this, it's a big secret ok!)

If any of you would like to help in any way please pm me, spread the word, and hope to see you there :)

Not that it really matters, but didnt we have a better score than SWE? At meeting point Hurri said 282 SWE and 357Ro..

Nope, Hurrikane made a mistake in counting scores for Sweden.

Gratz England, you earned it :D Better luck next time Romania and Sweden, regardless you still did well!

It was a pleasure to participate :)

Hope to see you in
WoF 2009

- Nightwolf

Well done everyone :yay:

Bloody hell, the spider plain was a fantastic place :eek:

3 HUGE teams running about slaying the nasty spiders. I bet there were over 200 people running around that plain today. Was an AWESOME sight to see!!

And I am sure I timed a Spider Stalkers going down in 4 seconds flat. Bloody brilliant.

The scores and breakdowns will be posted soon, but the positions are clear.

Well done and a huge thanks to all who took part, I shall be contacting the winning 12 for the distribution of their Prizes, including the yet-to-be-seen 2008 MA Winners Jackets.

I'll also update all these posts in a day or so with a better write-up of events:)

What a start to the year:)
Hurrikane

Grats to the three finalist teams, and a huge grats to team England for winning this year! :wtg:

Hurrikane, please PM me the official main team roster lists so that I can award the EF premium memberships to the teams (1 Year Modified memberships for the champions, Improved for 2nd place, and Adjusted for 3rd place team members).

Reactions: Eps
Grats to the three finalist teams, and a huge grats to team England for winning this year! :wtg:

Hurrikane, please PM me the official main team roster lists so that I can award the EF premium memberships to the teams (1 Year Modified memberships for the champions, Improved for 2nd place, and Adjusted for 3rd place team members).

w00t even more prizes!??:yay:

Thanks 711 and...thanks! :):):):):):):):yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

711, I have lifetime Modified membership due to my 1,000,000 post on EF, can I donate the prize of 1 year Mod membership to a member of our support team?

711, I have lifetime Modified membership due to my 1,000,000 post on EF, can I donate the prize of 1 year Mod membership to a member of our support team?

Ahh yes, I forgot that you were the lucky one to make the One Millionth EF post.

In that case, it would be acceptable for you to donate your Modified membership earned in WOF to a member of your support team.

Wow nice surprise prize there 711 tyvm! :yay:

w00t even more prizes!??:yay:

Thanks 711 and...thanks! :):):):):):):):yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Wow nice surprise prize there 711 tyvm! :yay:

The EF premium membership prizes for finalists are listed in the https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2008/109135-wof-treasury-prizes-donations.html thread:

WoF08Logo-TreasuryHeader.jpg

Welcome to the WoF Treasury Thread, which is here for the purpose of showing what has gone into the WoF so far, what else comes, and what those taking part might expect to get for winning.

Entropia Forum: Without this Forum there would be no WoF. Once again, 711 has allowed free advertising and use of this dedicated Sub-Forum to manage the WoF from, this year extending his offer to include Private Forums for each team. Also for this years 36 Main Team Finalists, there will be Premium forum memberships awarded, with all the extra features they entail: Adjusted for 3rd, Improved for 2nd and Modified for the WoF 2008 winners.

Hurrikane

Back