***WoF 2009 FINAL!!!!*** Moblist & Info

It's not a question of cheating. The rules as they are do not mean that hunting planetside is not allowed.

If planetside hunting was explicitly disallowed that would be different, but it isn't.
I thought the quote below was the set rule, but then English isn't my first language...
As this is the Off-World Final, all globals must be scored on CND to count towards scores. The scoring is based on what is on offer on the asteroid.

I thought the quote below was the set rule, but then English isn't my first language...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane
As this is the Off-World Final, all globals must be scored on CND to count towards scores. The scoring is based on what is on offer on the asteroid.

As I understand Hurri, "scoring" in this case means taking the screenshot of the global in order to gain points.

It seems he chose the mobs that would make it most beneficial to hunt CND as opposed to the planet to provide incentive to hunt there. But he also realizes the difficulty inherent in proving where the mob was killed, so only requires the "scoring" to be done on CND in order to ensure a level playing field.

Not an easy task in any case--not one I'd like to be stuck with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrikane

As I understand Hurri, "scoring" in this case means taking the screenshot of the global in order to gain points.

It seems he chose the mobs that would make it most beneficial to hunt CND as opposed to the planet to provide incentive to hunt there. But he also realizes the difficulty inherent in proving where the mob was killed, so only requires the "scoring" to be done on CND in order to ensure a level playing field.

Not an easy task in any case--not one I'd like to be stuck with.

Give this man a medal, spot on in every respect:)

Hurrikane

Didn't find a medal but maybe it will come in the future so here it is Coop_

:medal:

If the intent is to have us hunt/kill/screenshot in CND, then why not just say it explicitly? I don't care that you can't enforce it....I'm fine with relying on a little honor in our system, but by being vague about it you open up the door for people to take advantage of what you called a loophole, and in fact seem to be condoning hunting on the planet as long as screenshotter from that team is on CND (or at least it is how some could interpret it, which is the part I'd like to remove...being open for intepretation).

If the intent is to have us hunt/kill/screenshot in CND, then why not just say it explicitly? I don't care that you can't enforce it....I'm fine with relying on a little honor in our system, but by being vague about it you open up the door for people to take advantage of what you called a loophole.

Not being vague about it: the Rule is that all globals need a screenshot from a Dome (apart from CND-specific mobs e.g. Daspletor and Cornoanterion).

The loophole is something I can't do anything about, was just letting teams know I'm aware of it before someone else tells me. The fact remains that the scores will be found mostly on CND anyway.

Hurrikane

As answered by Coop, what is defined as "scoring" is having someone on CND screenshotting the global.

Since this can be done whilst killing mobs on the planet, it is possible to kill mobs on the planet for points without breaking the rules. Since the rules aren't broken it is not cheating.

So based on Jummy's and Hurrikanes's comments as above globalling from a mob on the planet and taking screenshot frm the asteroid is not cheating!

Are you guys saying it from an organizer position?

You guys are adding confusion to the whole thing!! :p

So based on Jummy's and Hurrikanes's comments as above globalling from a mob on the planet and taking screenshot frm the asteroid is not cheating!

Are you guys saying it from an organizer position?

You guys are adding confusion to the whole thing!! :p

This quote here is why I do not think it is worth it:
The scores will be read out on the day from what the Judges have seen, but if scores are found to have come from the planet instead of a Dome, they will be discounted during verification later.

We can not afford to have points taken away from us...

EBO

Thanks Ebo i was abt to post the red colored text now!
What a mess?!

I think if the Captains of all teams jointly post a comment saying that they would abide by the rule: " Globalling from CND mobs only" should be counted' Also no one from their main/support team will try to cheat it.

I think it's pretty simple and I agree with Jenny on that.

Jenny:
Do we have this little trust in the finalists? I wouldn't want to participate in a team who have to cheat to win the title, am I alone?

Last edited:
Mob list is what it is. Let's get it on!

All of the comments above are the result of what I refer to by vaqueness Hurri...I guess it comes down to two different views posted by you, one being the intent (that we should hunt on CND only, at least that is how I interpret several of your comments so far)....and the rule, which is just the screenshot has to be taken on CND and that hunting on planet side is permitted. They contradict each other.

I'm not trying to look for loopholes, my goal is to have all the teams operating on the same playing field. The thing that I am concerned about is that one or two of the teams might look at all of this and make the decision to only hunt on CND based on the "intent", and maybe one teams says "it isn't against the rules, so why put ourselves at a disadvantage by avoiding hunting on the planet if it seems to be advantageous". What if the Caperons in the dome are scarce because of the high hunter count, or they just aren't globalling well, and then the team that decided it was okay to hunt planetside wins because those caperons global better.

Then the contraversy begins that the team that was hunting planetside was "cheating"....okay, not cheating, as it's not against the rules, but going against the intent of the CND final stage per several other comments of yours.

Either make the rule so that hunting planet side is illegal (even if it can't be enforced...it's enough to set the rule and I believe all teams will stick to it), or remove the comments about the intent being to hunt on CND only, and specifically say that hunting on the planet is a valid strategy so it is not looked on as "cheating".

Short of this, I hope that Da, Blackhawk and Stoikow can chat and make a call....either we all hunt on CND only, or we all allow hunting on planet-side if it is deemed advantageous for any reason. Like I said, I just want us all playing by the same rules, whether they are explicitly listed or self-imposed because we think that is the intent.

Sorry mate, I'm not trying to be difficult. I love what you have done with WoF and think it is the best event in MA, and after being a little more involved in it, I have a little better idea about how much work you really put into this....I just am trying to avoid a "tainted" win due to what I feel is a vagueness in rule vs. intent.

-Mack

Last edited:
Romania will have all people hunting on CND as it is intended and we will not have teams spreaded on planet taking screens on CND. If USA and Sweden decide to hunt also mobs on planet, we won't be upset because of that.

Pointless post removed...

Last edited:
Romania will have all people hunting on CND as it is intended and we will not have teams spreaded on planet taking screens on CND. If USA and Sweden decide to hunt also mobs on planet, we won't be upset because of that.

Thanks BH. Personally, that is the position I would like to see all teams adopt as well. I too agree that is the intent, even if it isn't necessarily restricted to such by the rules. Now if Da and Stoikow can come in and make a similar public announcement....let's all agree to live and die by the CND spawns (please) :D

Yes we will hunt on CND as Hurrikane obviously intended it.

Hurri I have a suggestion that will have to prevent people whining about the mobs next year.

not sure this is possible mate, seems no matter how much thought and effort people put into events in EU there are always gonna be people whinning about how it doesn't suit them (without even thinking that others may like it).

Half the fun is grinding out trying to score off mobs liek rippersnapper and snable.

Good mob list Hurri, keep em coming next year :thumbup:

So each Main and Support Team must have their own screenshotter, and must submit the screens to the WoF Globals thread for verification. The scores will be read out on the day from what the Judges have seen, but if scores are found to have come from the planet instead of a Dome, they will be discounted during verification later.

I don't quite remember the variants of this message, but when the WOF Calendar says "space round", "screenshots must be of globs scored on CND", and everything points to CND, I believe there is no reason why to find a loophole in the rules. I for one don't want the WOF rules to become a legal document explicitly stating, in grueling detail, every available and unavailable tactic. "All globals are on CND" should be enough to schedule pilots for flying all parties to CND. The final is in space this year and researching 2008, the 2008 semi-finals were in space - so even more teams went up for those matches.

Even so, I'd think MA would have a way to verify a list of all teams on CND on WOF day and if all those members were located on CND. It'd be nice to know some of the details they know about us (just on our personal avatar, that is), but anyhow, we're subject to what we have available right now.

Not trying to carry the discussion on any further, but wanna toss my 2 pecs in, though starting info seems to have changed along the way.

Let's rock the Rock!

PS: Hurrikane is doing a great job arranging judges and a gambit of mob variety.

"All globals are on CND" should be enough to schedule pilots for flying all parties to CND. The final is in space this year and researching 2008, the 2008 semi-finals were in space - so even more teams went up for those matches.

Research will also show that the same exact thing came up last year for the semi-finals and then hunting was allowed planetside so in fact there weren't that many support teams on CND. This is why a few people are double-checking the rules this year ;)

Research will also show that the same exact thing came up last year for the semi-finals and then hunting was allowed planetside so in fact there weren't that many support teams on CND. This is why a few people are double-checking the rules this year ;)

Aah. Thanks. There is some time to work out the logistics, adding to the challenge of competing in WOF.

The pilots will be pleased to see this show of solidarity :D

Well that moblist suck, Team Eudoria is pulling out of WOF and will not be competing in the final. If only you had chosen different mobs - :cussing::argue: :acid:

Darn right! WoF team Eudoria will NOT be competing in the finals!

I might, however, be on CND to take a crack at the increased spawn of prancers, as it seems everyone will be in the caperon dome

:D

cape1.jpg

cape2.jpg

cape3.jpg

I hope Neverdie plans to make all 3 Caperon dna's max numbers. I will be surprised if there aren't over 100 players in dome 6. Only 4 days until the event and some people will probably head up there early...

I am sure ND will makes adjustments... keep in mind the WoF is not the only reason CND exists. Until the WoF Finale, he must cater to those hunters that are there regardless of the WoF.

I am sure ND will makes adjustments... keep in mind the WoF is not the only reason CND exists. Until the WoF Finale, he must cater to those hunters that are there regardless of the WoF.

Agree RJ, hopefully there is some communication between Hurri and ND regarding the domes involved in WoF and what might need adjustment and when. He did turn off pvp in the big domes for WoF already.

cape1.jpg

cape2.jpg

cape3.jpg

I hope Neverdie plans to make all 3 Caperon dna's max numbers. I will be surprised if there aren't over 100 players in dome 6. Only 4 days until the event and some people will probably head up there early...

I just checked the settings again and they are unchanged from above with about 13 hours until start. I did a quick hunt through the dome, and the way it is, the caperon support teams are going to be very bored and angry if it remains the way it is. I hope ND plans to max the other two dna before the final...

Back