***WoF 2009 FINAL!!!!*** Moblist & Info

I just checked the settings again and they are unchanged from above with about 13 hours until start. I did a quick hunt through the dome, and the way it is, the caperon support teams are going to be very bored and angry if it remains the way it is. I hope ND plans to max the other two dna before the final...

NEVERDIE's told me he'll max the spawns; it costs a fair bit to do that, especially for a 3 hour one-off hunt, so I don't blame him for leaving it til the day itself.

ALSO: there are 3 Support Mobs. And the Bonus.

Hurrikane

sure hope the tax doesnt go to 10% like when he turned off pvp

yikes!
b

NEVERDIE's told me he'll max the spawns; it costs a fair bit to do that, especially for a 3 hour one-off hunt, so I don't blame him for leaving it til the day itself.

ALSO: there are 3 Support Mobs. And the Bonus.

Hurrikane

With less than 5 hours to go I hope he will do the changes soon. Becuase I am very interested to see how the spawn looks like at the Caperons.

As it looks right now its "far-far" to weak to even support one team

I dont known how fertilazer settings work. Are this changes applied immidiate?

Last edited:
I suppose there will be no screens needed for globals on Daspletor and Cornoanterion...

I suppose there will be no screens needed for globals on Daspletor and Cornoanterion...

No need, these can only be found on CND.

ND really underestimated with the poor spawns of all mobs

Well I won't coming back to CND after this.

This is pathetic honestly.

Waste of time and ped.

Cnd fail!!!!

please turn on pvp so we at least have something to shoot at :-/

We Won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

What a shame; this should've been a round to remember... it was the FINAL!! The spawn was horrible... although I can't complain much since we WON!!! :yay:

ND really underestimated with the poor spawns of all mobs

It is not really ND's fault, there was just no respawn (at least in the Caperon dome where I was). Mobs taking 15 minutes to respawn has nothing to do with fertiliser settings.

I really hope MA will put some effort into events after VU10 comes. The spawn issues WoF faced this year need to be gone next year, and there's lots of improvements that could be made to the MA event system too.

But, well, same for everyone out there today. Gratz to Romania for a great win.

A full update on the way this weekend, but for the moment, let us just see the scores, as recorded on the day:

ROMANIA: 639

AMERICA: 584

SWEDEN: 401

As third-time finalists and with an unbroken record of wins this year, ROMANIA are the 2009 WoF Winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gratz!!!!!!!

Like I say, there'll be a full write-up coming, but for now; thank you VERY much to all the teams, all the JUDGES, and all our sponsors. It's been a mad ride this year.

Hurrikane

It is not really ND's fault, there was just no respawn (at least in the Caperon dome where I was). Mobs taking 15 minutes to respawn has nothing to do with fertiliser settings.

But there weren't even any mobs before it started. Normally up there, even if ND is late in setting the spawn, if the spawn is maxed it will increase in size as the mobs get shot (upto the max settings) but this obviously wasn't happening from what I hear. Not quite sure why? I've known that Dome covered in Caperons even with fairly large numbers of people hunting it (obviously not quite as many as today though lol).

Anyway, at least all the Support Teams were in the same boat and got to see what the Main Teams have been complaining about with the MA spawns for the whole of WoF.

Oh, and a big gratz to Romania on the win :D

But there weren't even any mobs before it started. Normally up there, even if ND is late in setting the spawn, if the spawn is maxed it will increase in size as the mobs get shot (upto the max settings) but this obviously wasn't happening from what I hear. Not quite sure why? I've known that Dome covered in Caperons even with fairly large numbers of people hunting it (obviously not quite as many as today though lol).

Anyway, at least all the Support Teams were in the same boat and got to see what the Main Teams have been complaining about with the MA spawns for the whole of WoF.

Oh, and a big gratz to Romania on the win :D

That is what i was thinking too, i have seen the domes packed with far more mobs than what support was telling me they were seeing.. Either way tough luck for all involved, definately as you say big GRATZ to Romania the 2009 winners!

One dna was set to max numbers already. Then, with about 1 hour to event start today, he raised one dna to half max numbers, and the other to max numbers, but he didn't lock either setting. Improvement points were then down to 1.5, although I don't know if that matters. There was not a 2.5/3 dna maxed numbers spawn in that dome before it started, so it wasn't MA's fault with respawn, they were never there to begin with. It would be nice if an actual landowner who has moved numbers up without locking it can tell us if that actually improves anything.

Regardless, it should not have been done in the last hour in case there were problems.

unless i'm mistaken, for caperon at least, 1 dna wasnt maxed on quantity, and only one was maxed on maturity (even then, not sure if it was maxed all the way). I have no clue what the settings were for the other mobs, I just know no support mob was huntable in a real way.

so while I understand that it is not his fault if respawn takes about 7-10 minutes, having bigger mobs might have helped since it would have took a "little" longer to clear the spawn.

but yeah I know, it's been the same issue with about all special spawns this year.

Here is one set of data that is not subject to debate... the WoF 2009 Hall of Fame:

wof_2009_hof_stage_6.jpg

Gratz on all the loots, guys! I will always be of the opinion that you deserve more :thumbup:

funny how MA can totally overspawn during invasion events but 15respawn during WoF

First, Congrats on the win, Romania :)

This was not a fun match for support. I don't know if it's because of the settings, or because CND just isn't capable of keeping up with that much traffic, but I mostly ran around looking for the mob... then would consider myself lucky if it was dominant or above. Quite often it was young, vs. any other day you could find stalkers.

For clarification, the mobs I was searching for were Plumatergus, Snablesnot, and Snarksnot.

Using an HL11 (a103 amp), and lr32 combo, I couldn't even find enough mobs to burn 10k ammo. I did manage to break even including flight up and down though. It just felt like a waste of time, and I wish I could have... SUPPORTED my team ;) All of the main teams did awesome.

I'm not going to go so far as to blame it on Neverdie, or especially not Hurrikane. I still have a positive opinion of the event over all, and know this round will only help to improve rounds in the future.

First, Congrats on the win, Romania :)

For clarification, the mobs I was searching for were Plumatergus, Snablesnot, and Snarksnot.

I do hope you mean Prancers:)

Hurrikane

I've known that Dome covered in Caperons even with fairly large numbers of people hunting it (obviously not quite as many as today though lol).

After the match, logged off for an hour to eat etc, when I returned I logged into game in that caperon dome.. was a sea of red.

Dunno if it was entirely down to settings, or servers just couldnt cope?

I was there for 3 hours, it did seem like mobs just were not respawning, and when they did, seemed like (was) 4 times an hour. When they did eventually turn up, was maybe 4/5 in radar..Not anything like it should have been.

Gratz!

But, what is the point of competing for a national team when u have ppl from other countries?

:scratch2:

I really hope MA will put some effort into events after VU10 comes. The spawn issues WoF faced this year need to be gone next year, and there's lots of improvements that could be made to the MA event system too.

But, well, same for everyone out there today. Gratz to Romania for a great win.

:rolleyes:

Of course it was a FAIL! ND had months to prepare for this final...

Not good enough.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, never again hold the final at CND.

Gratz!

But, what is the point of competing for a national team when u have ppl from other countries?

But then why say gratz if you dont get it?

Its allowed for a start.

Gives people an opportunity to still continue in WoF, even if thier team is knocked out.

Football teams etc irl are no different are they?

Anyway so what? If Romania had different nationalities helping them, the point is, in winning..and they did.

:wtg:

Gratz!

Same as if you didn't? It's your flag they're scoring for.

Hurrikane

I do hope you mean Prancers:)

Hurrikane

no, actually I meant pluma:(

oops... I got the moblist wrong...:eek:

honestly though, by 1/2 hour into it, i was so bored with the lack of spawn that i was shooting every mob in sight... I believe that the rest of my support team did too, hence the cardartegus global by our team captain. there was virtually nothing in domes 5, 10, or 14.

Congratulations to Hurri and to all judges for an awesome job...:)

As for CND...well, ND failed here big time. I never liked CND much and I avoided it in the past but now I am sure I will leave it and never look back.

Back