***WoF 2009 Info & Rules***

Hurrikane, could you post a list of teams and their Captains? (or direct me to it if I've missed it :D)

any news on that? actually a complete team listing would be even better incase a captain isnt replying and you want to pm someone else on main team directly.

Team Netherlands:

Team captain:
Siobhan Siam Ameno (rhogenbe on EF)

Vice captain:
Poison Ivy Suffistica Abbalah (Suffistica on EF)

Cheers
Siam

***NEWS JUST IN***

Extra Spawn of Malcruentors spotted on EUDORIA.....

1399, 15520

There be dragons..... and they're here for us.......:)

Sorry for the multiple posts, need to get this news out there:)

Hurrikane

Time Slot problems? Try being me!

Hi to all the Teams:)

Great work by everyone last weekend; even low scores take a lot of work in the WoF:)

Some News: The proposed Extra Sunday TimeSlots are not happening until Round 3 (Not regularly anyway), as there are 4 whole days with which to arrange your next Match, using the existing Time-Slots.

PLEASE think about your opponents when choosing Time Slots and PLEASE offer more than one to them!

There are many reasons why team members cannot/don't want to turn up at any given time; THIS IS WHY YOUR MAIN TEAM IS 12 BUT ONLY NEEDS 4 TO HUNT!

I have already had to offer a slot on the intervening Weekend (18th April)... MY WEEKEND OFF.... and there's NO WAY IN THE WORLD I'm going to over-lap slots again.

So here it is: In cases of Time-Slots being difficult to arrange, the decision will go to the Team who shows the most flexibility! This means if they have submitted 4 times to you, and you submit 1 that isn't any of them.... without any good reason why, the Match will go ahead at a time they have chosen that is closest to your own preferred time.

I appreciate there's a lot of people with a lot of different lives, which is precisely the reason for the TimeSlots in the first place, and for the large range of options presented. I have yet to see a valid reason for 4 out of 12 avatars not being available on a weekend.

Those who take their time deciding may also find the Match to be confirmed for a time they don't like; the other Teams need to plan and prepare, which they can't do if they don't know when they are playing.

So get on the case, be flexible, and prioritise; you fight for your Country's Honour!

PM me with your Slot decisions....AFTER agreeing them with your opponents.

Hurrikane

P.S. Scores all checked and sent to J Boy for him to work his graphical magic, should be here tomorrow.

:eek:

u'r way too nice

Yeah, I think he goes the extra mile trying to please everyone one way or another, and that is an impossible task really. This is a big flicking event, I have to admit if I was the organizer I woud probably not be so flexible on a recurring basis myself but would settle for being called an old meanie :laugh: Don't stress yourself too much Hurri, folks who take it seriously and want to participate will make the effort to get themselves sorted in time to do so.

See you this weekend.

Early to be asking this I know, but can someone remind me the make-up of stage 4?

I believe it is:

Group A Winner
Group B Winner
Group C Runner Up
Group D Runner Up

Group C Winner
Group D Winner
Group E Runner Up
Group F Runner Up

Group E Winner
Group F Winner
Group A Runner Up
Group B Runner Up

Can someone confirm or correct this?

Early to be asking this I know, but can someone remind me the make-up of stage 4?

I believe it is:

Group A Winner
Group B Winner
Group C Runner Up
Group D Runner Up

Group C Winner
Group D Winner
Group E Runner Up
Group F Runner Up

Group E Winner
Group F Winner
Group A Runner Up
Group B Runner Up

Can someone confirm or correct this?

This thread shows how it went in 2008. I can only assume it will work the same in 2009.

Yup, same as last year:)

Hurrikane

I've posted in the affected Team threads too, but in case you missed it:

Just spoken to Hurri on the phone.

He has asked me to announce that it IS now too late for the 20:00 matches to go ahead either, so All Saturday matches will need re-arranging...

There are many options for this : There are mid-week possibilities if both teams are in agreement. Also remember that WoF matches have been, and are, every 2 weeks in general, so we also have every other weekend...

The main thing is that each pair of teams Must compete at the same time, ie under the same loot conditions.

Sorry I'm sorry folks, it's a pain in the Ass, but you need to work out a few times when you will be available for a re-match, using ANY of your main 12 team members.... please come up with several possible times to give everyone as much chance to meet you as possible...

Liase with your opponents in this round and come to an agreement, then please let myself or Hurrikane know as soon as possible.

Hopefully we can work it all out as smoothly as possible.

ThanX :thumbup:

Looking ahead a bit, I know...but was wondering how the semi-final pairings are handled? Is it seeding based on number of points scored by each team in Stage 4 (1 v. 6, 2 v. 5, 3 v. 4) or random drawings to determine the pairings for the semis? Sorry if I missed it in the rules/info, but couldn't see it anywhere.

Thanks, Mack

Looking ahead a bit, I know...but was wondering how the semi-final pairings are handled? Is it seeding based on number of points scored by each team in Stage 4 (1 v. 6, 2 v. 5, 3 v. 4) or random drawings to determine the pairings for the semis? Sorry if I missed it in the rules/info, but couldn't see it anywhere.

Thanks, Mack

It's same as last year, if you go to the thread RJ links to a few posts up, that gives:

Semifinal 1: Winner A v Runner Up B
Semifinal 2: Winner B v Runner Up C
Semifinal 3: Winner C v Runner Up A

Hello , is there any German team?

Hello , is there any German team?

This year Germany did not field a team, although they have been active in both earlier WoF's.

We hope to see them again next year.

Hurrikane

This year Germany did not field a team, although they have been active in both earlier WoF's.

We hope to see them again next year.

Hurrikane
So. I dont know that much about WoF.
What teams are in atm?.

Would be cool if someone PM's me about it.

greetings :)

So. I dont know that much about WoF.
What teams are in atm?.

Would be cool if someone PM's me about it.

greetings :)

The full story of all 6 semi-finalists is brilliantly told by Rayne Jade in the thread "The Road to the Semi-Finals" in this Sub-Forum.

Hurrikane

Congratulations to
Sweden, Romania and America
for making it through to the
FINAL of WoF 2009

Heartfelt sympathy to the valiant Teams from
France, Australia and England for not getting through, but what a day:)

Moblist and Match Details up tomorrow/possibly tonight.

Looking forward to it:)

Hurrikane

anxiously awaiting sir
:popcorn:

anxiously awaiting sir
:popcorn:

Yeah where's the mob list!!!?!??!?!?!?

If I was still in the tourmanent I would be tearing my hair out by now waiting to find out :D

Yeah where's the mob list!!!?!??!?!?!?

If I was still in the tourmanent I would be tearing my hair out by now waiting to find out :D

Ive been glued to the computer for the last two days... :eek: :D

As I just posted in another thread asking where the mob list is, as shown on the Hunt Calendar all along, the final takes place on CND in the domes, and is 10 days away, I see Hurrikane promised to have the mob list and details up by now, but I'm sure he will get it done soon, in plenty of time for the three teams to 'scout' the domes if needed and make a plan of action.

Best of luck to the three teams, and patience to the rest of us ;)

Sub forum signup

Hi I want to sign up

"Each avatar wishing to participate should first sign up
(with your FULL AVATAR NAME) on the appropriate national team thread in this Sub-Forum"

Which sub forum?. Anyone have a link please.

Hi I want to sign up

"Each avatar wishing to participate should first sign up
(with your FULL AVATAR NAME) on the appropriate national team thread in this Sub-Forum"

Which sub forum?. Anyone have a link please.

This years WOF ended months ago.

You will have to wait till 2010 :hammer:

Back