***WoF 2009 Info & Rules***

Hello again,
A couple more WOF scoring questions:

Does the HoF bonus that gives double points on that mob also apply to the bonus mob?

And if so, if the team gets more than 1 global on the bonus mob does the first or the highest count?

Does the ATH double up apply multiple times if you get more than 1 ATH?

Does the sweep include the bonus MOB?

Gypsy

Hello again,
A couple more WOF scoring questions:

Does the HoF bonus that gives double points on that mob also apply to the bonus mob?

Yes

And if so, if the team gets more than 1 global on the bonus mob does the first or the highest count?

Scoring is allowed for the bonus mob (rippersnapper) only once. It is 25 regardless of the size of the global. If the first global is 100 PED you get 25 points. If the second is a HoF, it will most likely not count for anything since the score was already achieved (Hurrikane...?)

Does the ATH double up apply multiple times if you get more than 1 ATH?

Yes

Does the sweep include the bonus MOB?

Yes

Gypsy[/QUOTE]

Yes

Scoring is allowed for the bonus mob (rippersnapper) only once. It is 25 regardless of the size of the global. If the first global is 100 PED you get 25 points. If the second is a HoF, it will most likely not count for anything since the score was already achieved (Hurrikane...?)

Yes

Yes

Gypsy
[/QUOTE]

All correct:)

Hurrikane

News Update on way TONIGHT:)

All correct:)

Hurrikane

News Update on way TONIGHT:)[/QUOTE]

sounds awesome, :yay:

Okay, here are a couple of more odd ball cases...

1.) I know the support team ped total only comes into play for a very unlikely tie breaker, but when do you stop counting ped toward the support team ped total? If support team has 99 points, and scores a global worth 3 points putting them over the cap, do they still get all the ped of that global counted? What about subsequent globals? They can keep hunting and try to get globals that might help toward the Sweep bonus even though they don't get additional points for the globals. I know they can't contribute more than 100 pts (without ATH), but do we keep adding up ped to their support team ped total?

2.) If the Support Team scores the Bonus Mob global and then the Support Team gets an ATH, do the Bonus Mob points get doubled along with the other Support Team score or is the Bonus Mob score considered a Team score and therefore doesn't get doubled unless the main team gets an ATH?

3.) If an ATH is scored, does it also act as a HOF for the individual global? So if the main team ATHs on a 9 point mob, that particular global gets doubled to 18 and added in to the team score, and then the entire team score eventually gets doubled due to the ATH?

I know...ATH has never happened in WoF, but just want to finalize some things in my scoring spreadsheet.

Thanks, Mack :)

Last edited:
Yay for oddball questions LOL

1.) I know the support team ped total only comes into play for a very unlikely tie breaker, but when do you stop counting ped toward the support team ped total? If support team has 99 points, and scores a global worth 3 points putting them over the cap, do they still get all the ped of that global counted? What about subsequent globals? They can keep hunting and try to get globals that might help toward the Sweep bonus even though they don't get additional points for the globals. I know they can't contribute more than 100 pts (without ATH), but do we keep adding up ped to their support team ped total?

I would say that if a support team is on 99 points and then hit a 3 pointer, their points total will go up to cap of 100 (even though they have scored 102) but the peds total for that mob will be fully added to the total.

And once support has hit the cap, then all subsequent gobals will not count for anything, points or peds or sweep value.

2.) If the Support Team scores the Bonus Mob global and then the Support Team gets an ATH, do the Bonus Mob points get doubled along with the other Support Team score or is the Bonus Mob score considered a Team score and therefore doesn't get doubled unless the main team gets an ATH?

I am not sure if the Bonus mob score gets doubled with an ATH. It is a mob that is outside of the main team or support teams scoring...

3.) If an ATH is scored, does it also act as a HOF for the individual global? So if the main team ATHs on a 9 point mob, that particular global gets doubled to 18 and added in to the team score, and then the entire team score eventually gets doubled due to the ATH?
Yes.

My take on it, but I am sure Hurrikane will pop in and clarify :)

To the best of my knowledge, support PED total will never decide a tie-breaker. If two teams finish a hunt tied for points, there are 2 options:

Golden Global (first team to global wins)
Last Man Standing (they get in the ring and all hell breaks loose)

This is referenced here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-2007/56088-rules.html from the 2007 Rules. Nothing had changed afaik.

Scoring an ATH doubles the score for the entire hunt for the entire team. ATH is noted and scoring continues normally. Upon completion of the hunt, double the points. It would not matter which team scored the Bonus, that 25 would get doubled anyway.

Correct.

I know...ATH has never happened in WoF, but just want to finalize some things in my scoring spreadsheet.

Thanks, Mack :)

It may have not happened yet, but it is just a matter of time. It will happen.

Safara said:
And once support has hit the cap, then all subsequent gobals will not count for anything, points or peds or sweep value.

Kind of what I was thinking on the ped total, but keep in mind Hurrikane DID say that the support team can keep hunting after they reach the point cap to try to get globals which count toward the sweep bonus or bonus mob. But I'm guessing you are right on the other parts. This is a quote from Hurrikane post on the bottom of page 15 of this thread.

So if the Support Team reach the cap without getting all 3 of the Support Team categories (their part of the Sweep), a global on the missing categories will count towards the Sweep, but not the Final Score.
This also applies to the Bonus Mob of course, which can be globalled on and scored on Seperately from the Cap, as the 25 points is added at the end. Bonus Mobs scored after the Cap is reached are as eligible for the Sweep as those scored before.

Rayne said:
To the best of my knowledge, support PED total will never decide a tie-breaker. If two teams finish a hunt tied for points, there are 2 options:

and...
Scoring an ATH doubles the score for the entire hunt for the entire team. ATH is noted and scoring continues normally. Upon completion of the hunt, double the points. It would not matter which team scored the Bonus, that 25 would get doubled anyway.

Thanks, hadn't seen that 2007 thread with tiebreaker info. Seems like maybe Hurrikane has something additional in mind, or maybe it really is just record keeping info per this quote from him earlier. Even if it's just for record keeping, should I add the ped in to the total for globals after the cap is reached? And pretty sure Support Team ATH ONLY doubles Support Team score per his answer to Jimmy B's question about it on page 14 as well, just not sure if it means the Bonus Mob score is doubled by support ATH if support team is the one that scores it. I'm guessing not as it doesn't count toward the support team total point cap, and is considered more of a "team" bonus, therefore only doubled with main team ATH.

Hurrikane quote from the bottom of page 14 of this thread:
Support Team ATH does equal the doubling of Support's Score Total, whereas a Main Team ATH doubles the entire combined Total. This will be the only way a Support Team can score more than their Cap. I add that a WoF ATH is yet to occur
The loot boost is a Main team bonus worked out on Main Team Global loot. The Support Team figures are kept, however, for use in the case of a draw and for general record-keeping purposes.

Rayne said:
It may have not happened yet, but it is just a matter of time. It will happen.

USA Support team is gonna do what they can to change that ATH drought this year :)

Guess we will have to wait for Hurri to clarify a couple of the points, but thank you for the input. Gonna go read that 2007 thread some more... :)

-Mack

Last edited:

I asked these questions a while ago too, I got the impression that a Support ATH only doubles Support scores.

I asked these questions a while ago too, I got the impression that a Support ATH only doubles Support scores.

Yeah... just saw that... new for '09 for sure :laugh: Noted :thumbup:

Let's all break out the whips and chains and make Hurrikane publish the rules as they apply to 2009 :laugh: (include the tie-breaker stuff... etc)

ooooooK

Hi.

If the Support Team get an ATH then only the Support Score is doubled.
(This was to pre-empt any "they only won because they had 3 million support" arguments from a Support ATH.)

If they got a Bonus Mob along the way it is NOT doubled as it is a Main/Support score rather than only Support. It is added along with the Main Team Score at the end. Note that if the Main Team get an ATH then the whole score (including Bonus) is doubled; so to push unlikely events further; if the Support AND the Main get an ATH, this will happen: Support Score is doubled, then added to the Main Team Score, Bonus is added if it applies, then that total is doubled.

The Support Team can complete the "Sweep" after they have reached the cap; the globals that do this are not scored for anything other than the Sweep, and their own Moblist values and PED value are not added to the Total. (If any Support Team manage to reach their cap without hitting both Support Mobs, I will be very surprised btw)

After the setting of the Tie-Break Rules in 2007, Support Team PED values are recorded for two reasons; for the records, and for when the Loot Boost is tied in the Group Stages.

For counting PED value of Support up to the Cap, you count any Global that happened within the cap (i.e. if you score a 4 when you're on 99, and the cap is 100, that global is within the cap (it just scores 1 instead of 4 because of the cap) and the PED value is counted towards the Support PED total. Any Global scored after the score reaches the cap is only recorded for the purpose of completing the Sweep.

I think this answers all your questions. I applaud you for asking stuff no-one's ever thought to ask, and some stuff I never even thought we'd need a rule for:)

I would update the rest of the Rules with this information but I think I'll wait to see if anyone else ever asks the same things lol

Hurrikane

Awesome mate !!!

Crystal clear....think that does it for my questions. Gonna finish up my scoring spreadsheet now. I poached Jamira's layout and just tried to automate it some. I'll be testing it out this week. Others are welcome to it if you can tell me how to upload XLS somewhere.

-Mack

Awesome mate !!!

Crystal clear....think that does it for my questions. Gonna finish up my scoring spreadsheet now. I poached Jamira's layout and just tried to automate it some. I'll be testing it out this week. Others are welcome to it if you can tell me how to upload XLS somewhere.

-Mack

We ran into that problem last year... uploading XLS files. After a few days, some of us exchanged email addresses :laugh: I would be very interested to see what you came up with.

Awesome mate !!!

-Mack

lol - could probably have been easier to ask Jamira for her indeed (half-) automated sheet :D

... except you are an Excel tinker freak of course.

We cannot upload Excel sheets here at EF. But you can try this one:

www.3d-handwerker.de/WoF09/Qualyfiers02.xls

ooooooK

Hi.

I would update the rest of the Rules with this information but I think I'll wait to see if anyone else ever asks the same things lol

Hurrikane

Okay, okay ... I will ask you when all this ATHs will happen - :laugh:

lol - could probably have been easier to ask Jamira for her indeed (half-) automated sheet :D

... except you are an Excel tinker freak of course.

Hehe, yeh, never been much on doing things the easy way though, lol.

And I guess I was wrong, one more question (2 parts). I know this was answered, but I can't seem to find it.

If the main team gets the bonus mob, do those ped get added into their ped total?

If the support team gets the bonus mob, do the ped get added into their ped total? I'm guessing no on this one as nothing else about the bonus mob factors into the support team scoring.

Thanks, Mack

Hehe, yeh, never been much on doing things the easy way though, lol.

And I guess I was wrong, one more question (2 parts). I know this was answered, but I can't seem to find it.

If the main team gets the bonus mob, do those ped get added into their ped total?

If the support team gets the bonus mob, do the ped get added into their ped total? I'm guessing no on this one as nothing else about the bonus mob factors into the support team scoring.

Thanks, Mack

The PED value from the Bonus Mob, if scored on in regular play (and not just to complete the sweep) is added to the PED total of the team that gets it, be it Main or Support, at the end of the Match.

Hurrikane

I'm not sure if I've missed someone else asking this and even though it might sound a bit far fetched at first, due to the way the HoF list works, the following may happen:

1. A HoF entry expires, leaving an empty slot for any global.
2. A scoring kill at 113 PED
-> A HoF that is also a Susan.

So, a Susan and a HoF are both defined as "double points for that kill" and now both bonuses are valid at the same time. How do the bonuses stack in this situation, or do they? Does the kill score quadruple (x points * 2 for HoF * 2 for Susan), triple (x points + x for HoF + x for Susan) or just double (only one *2 multiplier added) the regular points for that kill?

Based on the word choice of the rules, my interpretation would be quadruple points. So imagine a "HoF-Susan" from a bonus mob, 100 points from a single kill! :eek:

I think there has already been a Hof on a scoring mob (not bonus mob) that was a Susan.....

Rayne??

I think there has already been a Hof on a scoring mob (not bonus mob) that was a Susan.....

Rayne??

Not yet... no HoF in the amount of 113 PED (but there has been a Susan recorded). Should a 113 PED be enough for a HoF, it would be x4 points for that score.

The example for Qualifier 1 would be a Rippersnapper (worth 25) HoF (x2) 113 PED (Susan x2) would be 100 Points, if I am not mistaken. <REMOVED>

EDIT: As Jimmy points out below, the bonus mob is an independent score, so there is no effect on the support scoing cap.

Last edited:
Based on the word choice of the rules, my interpretation would be quadruple points. So imagine a "HoF-Susan" from a bonus mob, 100 points from a single kill! :eek:

Yeah, think I asked about this a week or two ago. A Susan-Hof is indeed worth quadruple points.

Don't think its ever been done on the Bonus Mob, but 50pts bonus mobs have certainly happened.

The example for Qualifier 1 would be a Rippersnapper (worth 25) HoF (x2) 113 PED (Susan x2) would be 100 Points, if I am not mistaken. In matchplay, this would equal the scoring cap for the Support Team, if the Support Team was the looter. Support could continue to strive for the Sweep Bonus, but no other scoring would count for that hunt.

Beat me to it, but the Bonus Mob is independent of the cap now, so it would have no impact on that.

Last edited:
if someone who take part in main team on round 1,could hunt in main on round 2 also?

if someone who take part in main team on round 1,could hunt in main on round 2 also?

There are no restrictions on when a Main Team member hunts. That is up to the teams, primarily the Captains. There are 12 on the Main Teams, but that is to allow for flexibility for the long duration of the WoF. A pool of 12 hunters ensures that at least 4 can be fielded for each hunt. Anyone on the Main Team is eligible to hunt for the Main Team in any hunts. Those not on the Main Team for a hunt are welcome to act as Support.

I know you guys will be busy compiling/verifying scoring data so no rush, but let me know what the rule is with Support Variety Bonus and the Support Team Cap when you get a chance. I don't think my spreadsheet is handling that correctly so I want to update it for the next stages.

I thought variety bonus was added in to the support score as it happened, and therefore counted toward the 100 point cap. From yesterdays event it sounded like instead it was getting added in after the cap and the support team can actually contribute 110 points total (excluding ATHs. bonus mob, etc).

If the 110 cap is right, that's fine by me, as it actually makes the spreadsheet a little cleaner with reporting those numbers and knowing when to stop recording support team globals. But I'll fix it up either way.

Thanks, Mack

Last edited:
Yes, there seems to be some confusion here.

From the first post in this thread:

Nearly forgot, Support Variety Boost will be:

1 Species killed = 0

2 Species killed = 10

This will count towards the Support scoring cap if in place.

Which is the opposite of what Hurri told me while judging yesterday.

:scratch2:

Yes, Hurri intends to correct the rules I think, Support Variety Bonus was meant to be independent of the cap.

Mack said:
If the 110 cap is right, that's fine by me, as it actually makes the spreadsheet a little cleaner with reporting those numbers and knowing when to stop recording support team globals. But I'll fix it up either wa

Its not really 110 cap, its 100 cap on Support Mob scores. (ie. bonuses are separate).

If you failed to get a Corn this weekend for instance, you'd only be able to score 100pts on Frescos, not 110.

The above is all true, I went back on the original ruling, as it seemed doing the opposite (adding the Variety at the end after the cap) worked much better in the field, for scoring and judging. Every team played under this rule and no-one was put at a disadvantage by it; expect a proper re-write in the next day or two.

Hurrikane

The Draw information, and a Rules Update (hopefully the last)

Appearing in the next day or two will be the graphical representation of the Table as it now stands, which I'll post in all your team threads for you to use as you see fit. I'll be posting tonight with your first matches and TimeSlot options, so check your team threads.

So for now, here's the bare information; the Groups decided by the Draw itself, names and places.

***WoF 2009 Draw Results***

Group A:1. England, 2. Czech Republic, 3. Greece, 4. Norway

Group B:1. Canada, 2. Ireland, 3. Wales, 4. Romania

Group C:1. America, 2. Italy, 3. Netherlands, 4. Estonia

Group D:1. Sweden, 2. Finland, 3. Scotland, 4. Eudoria

Group E:1. France, 2. Denmark, 3. Poland, 4. Amethera

Group F:1. Australia, 2. Slovenia, 3. China, 4. Portugal

The Original Info and Rules thread will be edited to include the following information:

Support Capping: The Variety Bonus, as well as the Bonus Mob score, now does NOT count towards the cap, giving 10+25 points available above the Cap for each Stage. HoFs and Susans do count towards the Cap.

(Cap limits will be detailed in each Match Arrangement post in your Team Threads, as will Hunt Team size and any scoring or spawn information necessary for a fair match.)

Loot Boost and Winner's Bonuses now apply, and will be added last (except if there's an ATH to add) to the Team Total. Loot Boost is won by the highest TT-Value of Globals from a Main Team (if tied Support Loot is used to decide) and Winner's Bonus is won by the highest Team Total in any one match.

All three Match Totals (Team Total+ Bonuses) are added to give a final Stage Total, the results of which decide which two Teams in each Group progress to Stage 4.

Hurrikane

Hurrikane, could you post a list of teams and their Captains? (or direct me to it if I've missed it :D)

Back