***WoF 2009 Info & Rules***

Couple of questions:

(i) Can teams have Captains officially declared prior to Feb 24th? Not a huge amount of time between the 24th and the start, and teams can't get private forums until they have a definite Captain.

(ii) Will there be seeding for the group stages this year, and if so will it be determined by the scores in the qualifiers?

The first question has been answered by the post in your team thread.

There will indeed be seeding; if no more than 24 teams take part in the qualifiers, the scores will still be used for seeding the groups in Stage 3. I do hope to have more than 24 teams by the start though:)

Hurrikane

I have a question, sorry if its been asked before:

What time on sundays are the events?
If WoF and CL be held at the same time?

I read the first post and it only said the date, not the time.
Thanks in Advance.

There is now a list of all the hunts in the WoF. The WoF Hunt Calendar (separate thread in the stickies)
Haven't checked to see they all miss the Champions League yet but will do, and make sure times don't clash, soon.

Hurrikane

Oooooh, I wish I had the cash to deposit to play with you guys! GO TEAM USA!!!!! AHERM AHERM AHERM......... that and my computer crashes at the CND hangers. And team USA is a champion. Iffen me and my American peeps made it to the end I'd end up staying behind. ;.;

Is there a specific level of strength I'd need to reach to be on support?

Oooooh, I wish I had the cash to deposit to play with you guys! GO TEAM USA!!!!! AHERM AHERM AHERM......... that and my computer crashes at the CND hangers. And team USA is a champion. Iffen me and my American peeps made it to the end I'd end up staying behind. ;.;

Is there a specific level of strength I'd need to reach to be on support?

Everybody can take part in this event. Simply ask around for ppl in US support. Or make a post in the US team thread. They will give you advise I think ;)

Hi Hurri and wb

There are two weeks to go until the first scheduled matches. Please can we have new support team rules etc etc? :ahh:

Plans to make! :ninja:
:laugh:

Many thanks
:)

Hi Hurri and wb

There are two weeks to go until the first scheduled matches. Please can we have new support team rules etc etc? :ahh:

Plans to make! :ninja:
:laugh:

Many thanks

Yes, this weekend should see the complete 2009 Rules added to what's already there. No big surprises:)

Sorry for the delay... anyone ever downloaded a microsoft update and then found they needed a whole new operating system? Starting to hate my PC.

Hurrikane

Reactions: Pip
Yes, this weekend should see the complete 2009 Rules added to what's already there. No big surprises:)

Sorry for the delay... anyone ever downloaded a microsoft update and then found they needed a whole new operating system? Starting to hate my PC.

Hurrikane

Excellent, and yes :laugh:

Thanks very much! :D

Hurrikane

:laugh: One of many fun adventures in computer ownership Hurri (make sure if anyone ever gives you a new fancy graphics card as a gift that one of you actually checks that your power supply can handle it :lam: . Hope it's all sorted soon for you.

Support:
This year, to give more hope to the smaller teams, there will be CAPS (limits) on Support scoring. If Support Team leaders contact the Judge of their match they will be able to find out if they have reached their cap.

For the Qualifiers, the maximum Support score is 100 Points.

For Stages 3 and 4, the maximum Support score is 150 Points

For Stage 5, maximum Support score is 200 Points

For the Final, Support scores are unlimited. (By this time, teams are expected to have gathered larger support than they had at the start)

(copied from another thread)

Hurri, can you confirm that points from the bonus mob are counted separarely, i.e. don't count towards the cap?

(copied from another thread)

Hurri, can you confirm that points from the bonus mob are counted separarely, i.e. don't count towards the cap?

Bonus Mob points, if scored by Support, DO fall under the cap. If the Main Team scores on the Bonus Mob it will be scored for the Main Team and not fall under the cap.

Yes, this means in the earlier stages, the Main Team might want to try for the Bonus Mob themelves; as none did last year, this can't be a bad thing:)

I did think about excluding the Bonus from the Capping but this made Judging more complicated and simple wins every time:)

Hurrikane

Bonus Mob points, if scored by Support, DO fall under the cap. If the Main Team scores on the Bonus Mob it will be scored for the Main Team and not fall under the cap.

Yes, this means in the earlier stages, the Main Team might want to try for the Bonus Mob themelves; as none did last year, this can't be a bad thing:)

I did think about excluding the Bonus from the Capping but this made Judging more complicated and simple wins every time:)

Hurrikane

Hmm, OK... that's an extremely significant change. It's certainly going to make being in support less fun :(

Hmm, OK... that's an extremely significant change. It's certainly going to make being in support less fun :(

If you really think that, start a thread in this sub-forum with a poll. If there's a good majority who'd prefer the Bonus to not be capped, then I'll change it before the start.

Don't ever say I'm not flexible:)

Hurrikane

If you really think that, start a thread in this sub-forum with a poll. If there's a good majority who'd prefer the Bonus to not be capped, then I'll change it before the start.

Don't ever say I'm not flexible:)

Hurrikane

OK, I will :)

Just so we're 100% clear on the rules - if Support get the Bonus mob, hit their cap with a reasonable amount of time to spare, then if Main Team subsequently get the bonus mob can it be switched from Support to Main?
(if Oleg's poll fails).

Just so we're 100% clear on the rules - if Support get the Bonus mob, hit their cap with a reasonable amount of time to spare, then if Main Team subsequently get the bonus mob can it be switched from Support to Main?
(if Oleg's poll fails).

It's looking like Oleg's poll will succeed:

Bonus Mobs can only be Scored once per Country per Match. It does seem to make more sense to have the score from the Bonus Mob be an autonomous score that is added to the total at the end, rather than attaching it to the Support Cap or as you have suggested, swapping it.

So expect a re-draft of this quite soon.

(Can't get everything right lol:))

Hurrikane

Added Support Variety Boost Info to Rules Update

***Rules Update***

Stages (with matches per team) are:

1. Qualifier A: Blue Dawn (1 match against world)
2. Qualifier B: Island Intensity (1 match against world)
3. Group Stage A: The Wild Bunch (3 one-on-one matches)
4. Group Stage B: From Out of Nowhere (3 one-on -one matches)
5: Semi-Finals: OMG (1 one on one match)
6: Final: Thunderdome 3-Way

I don't really want more than 8 teams in any one slot (for the sake of the judges sanity) so I will ask the last to apply to change slots if overcrowding occurs.

Applications for chosen TimeSlots should be sent by PM to me as soon as possible. Please keep re-thinks to a minimum as my PM box fills up at this time every year:)

***Rule Update***

The Bonus Mob now counts for an independent score to be added at the end of the match, and does NOT count towards the Support Team's scoring Cap.

***Scoring for 2009 Update***

Note* Killed when used in the scoring terms means Globalled On.

Each Moblist will have 4 Mobs for the Main Team, 2 for Support and a Bonus that either (but not both) can score on once per match.

Main Team score availability is 5-6-7-8-9-10 (+possible Bonus/Boost)

Support Team score availability is 2-3-4 (+possible Bonus/Boost)

Bonus Mob: 25

HoF: Scores that kill as Double.

ATH: Double Entire Final Score.

Main Team Variety Boost:

1 Species killed= 0

2 Species killed= 10

3 Species killed= 25

4 Species killed= 50

Main Team/Support Team "Sweep" Boost (new!)

All Scoring Categories (Species and Maturity Groups, Main AND Support) killed= 25

Loot Boost: Highest TT Value of scored (globalled) loot per Match= 15

Susan 113 Bonus:

Any Global or HoF of 113 PED scores double points for that kill.

***EXTRA***

Nearly forgot, Support Variety Boost will be:

1 Species killed = 0

2 Species killed = 10

Beware, if you are more than 10 minutes late for the Slot you choose, the match will Start without you and you will either have to hunt in a shortened TimeSlot or try to reschedule, so organisation is the key here.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Couple of queries:

Does a Main Team ATH double entire team's score for the match, and a Support Team ATH double just the Support Team score like last year?

Does the tt-of-globals tally for the 15point loot boost bonus include support globals? Does it apply for the qualifiers?

Is there a win bonus like last year?

Couple of queries:

Does a Main Team ATH double entire team's score for the match, and a Support Team ATH double just the Support Team score like last year?

Does the tt-of-globals tally for the 15point loot boost bonus include support globals? Does it apply for the qualifiers?

Is there a win bonus like last year?

Good Queries all:) I forget how many bloody Rules this thing has lol

I'll post an updated and finalised list of Rules just before the first Match that should remain fixed and un-embellished throughout the Tournament. This doesn't mean I'm making up new Rules btw; just including the ones from previous years that have carried over to 2009. I'd hate a situation to come up that doesn't have a RULE:)

Hurrikane

So for the Record:

Support Team ATH does equal the doubling of Support's Score Total, whereas a Main Team ATH doubles the entire combined Total. This will be the only way a Support Team can score more than their Cap. I add that a WoF ATH is yet to occur:)
The loot boost is a Main team bonus worked out on Main Team Global loot. The Support Team figures are kept, however, for use in the case of a draw and for general record-keeping purposes.

There will be a win bonus in place (25 Points) for the Group Stage Matches and the Semi-Finals, similar to last year.

Keep the queries coming:)

Hurrikane

Sorry if already answered, but didn't see anything with a search.

Hurrikane, can you confirm that the Support Team Variety Bonus does NOT count under the cap, so the Support Team if they gets 100 pts including 2 different mob species they actually contribute 110 points total to the final score?

Thanks, Mack

Sorry if already answered, but didn't see anything with a search.

Hurrikane, can you confirm that the Support Team Variety Bonus does NOT count under the cap, so the Support Team if they gets 100 pts including 2 different mob species they actually contribute 110 points total to the final score?

Thanks, Mack

The support cap is not affected by the bonus mob. Any participant, properly teamed, can global on the bonus mob and the team is awarded 25 points.

The support cap is not affected by the bonus mob. Any participant, properly teamed, can global on the bonus mob and the team is awarded 25 points.

but he aint talking about the bonus mob counting or not toward the cap, he's talking about the variety boost counting toward the cap or not.

And Hurrikane hasnt confirmed yet anyways if the bonus mob counts or not toward the cap (unless I missed a post)

Doesn't answer the question.

He's asking if the 10 point Support Variety Bonus (for getting a Thorio and a Thorafoid) would be included under the cap. I believe it would, but we should get a confirmation from Hurrikane.

Mayby it is usefull to do a complete update of the first post since all the clarifications are now all over the thread which makes it a bit hard to keep track of what the final rules are for the WoF event.

Cheers
Siam

Mayby it is usefull to do a complete update of the first post since all the clarifications are now all over the thread which makes it a bit hard to keep track of what the final rules are for the WoF event.

Cheers
Siam

I agree, both for hunting and judging it would be useful to have everything related to scoring in one handy post including all the updates. I like to print the stuff out to have in front of me, especially judging.

I'd also like confirmation about the support variety bonus. My assumption was that it is counted towards the cap.

I have another question I'd lik Hurri to clarify - am I right thinking it is possible to get the support part of the sweep bonus after hitting the cap?

So say for example this weekend England support reach the 100 point cap solely with Thorafoid and big Thorio. They can then still try for the small Thorio to get the sweep bonus, even though they won't score further support points. Correct?

Cheers
Siam

I quote too

OK, I was informed by someone that the points collected in the qualifiers are "carried over" into round 3, but I've searched all over the place and cannot find this change posted anywhere....
Have I missed something? Or are scores re-set at the start of stage 3 as per last year?

OK, I was informed by someone that the points collected in the qualifiers are "carried over" into round 3, but I've searched all over the place and cannot find this change posted anywhere....
Have I missed something? Or are scores re-set at the start of stage 3 as per last year?

Right, there WILL be a fully updated version of the Rules at the Start of this Thread and in all of the Team Threads as soon as I post out the Timeslot confirmations in a day or two. A few things left from last year didn't seem worth mentioning in my haste to get us going, but on reflection yes, every Rule should be laid out and clear.

In fact, all the updates so far should be at the start of this Thread at the moment:)

But to answer your questions for now:

Support Variety Boost (10 points for both Species) is added as the scores come in, and therefore is part of the Cap; i.e. counted towards the maximum 100 Points in this Stage.

The Sweep Bonus is a joint effort between Main and Support and therefore does not fall under the cap. Also, if the Sweep is not achieved within the cap, teams may have the "gaps filled in" with non-scoring globals achieved after the cap is reached.
So if the Support Team reach the cap without getting all 3 of the Support Team categories (their part of the Sweep), a global on the missing categories will count towards the Sweep, but not the Final Score.
This also applies to the Bonus Mob of course, which can be globalled on and scored on Seperately from the Cap, as the 25 points is added at the end. Bonus Mobs scored after the Cap is reached are as eligible for the Sweep as those scored before.

Scores from the Qualifiers are not "carried over"; like last year, the scores from both Qualifying Matches are added to give each team a Qualifying Total. The seeding of the teams in the next stage is done according to these scores to make the Group Stages as even as possible.

Like I say, all this will be formatted properly with the rest of the rules before kick-off on Saturday.

Hurrikane

Back