WoF 2012: Team Great Britain

How long do you have to commit for each event plz? I need to log off frequently due to RL at the moment. Otherwise, I'm a patriotic Scot, incidentally when Scotland wins something for GB, it's "Great Britain" and when England win it's "England". LOL
Regards, Boo.

10 minutes is better than nothing (full event lasts 3 hours) and in any case you guys never win anything so stop complaining and soak up the glory us English guys will earn for you. :silly2:

scotaustwin.jpg

Hope it's raining on Calypso on Sunday :D

OK, Chris Hoy did a pretty good job and I believe he is from the land of kilts and sporrans also so I admit that the Scots do win things occasionally without our help. ;)

FINAL CALL

Nate TP at 1:30 UK time.

That's just over 1 hour from now.

Every EU member from GB is welcome, no limit on support teams.

Opportunity to make some new friends too.

Rick

FINAL CALL

Nate TP at 1:30 UK time.

That's just over 1 hour from now.

Every EU member from GB is welcome, no limit on support teams.

Opportunity to make some new friends too.

Rick

I joined WoF GB to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!

See you all at Nate tp, good luck! :cool:

Very good effort guys, Main Team struggled valiantly against poor loot but great job Support and hopefully we've done enough today to qualify. :cool:

Good effort guys, im personally glad that round is over, bots are not my best mob to hunt, with lack of armor and no dodge i can honestly say i wasnt looking forward to it. Stayed for the whole event tho to show my support pulled about 2-3 globals in and im glad to of done so.
All beings said we didnt actually do too bad considering the loot on offer that day, we qualifed in 7th place putting us in a group with Dach, France and Italy. Cant wait to start the knockout round, good luck all and will cya all soon with guns locked and loaded :p
Tommy Smokeymac

Hi all, I'm the Captain of Italian Team, we would to play on sunday 7 october, first slot 09:00 (best) or even the second 13:00, doesn't matter, saturday for us is impossible due real life work time of most of us

Hi all, I'm the Captain of Italian Team, we would to play on sunday 7 october, first slot 09:00 (best) or even the second 13:00, doesn't matter, saturday for us is impossible due real life work time of most of us

Thanks Sherwood we'll get back to you as soon as possible. :cool:

WoF GB accept your preferred time for the 3rd Stage of this year's WoF.

So we'll kick off next Sunday, October 7th at 9am MA time, 10 am GB time.

Will GB Main and Support Teams meet at Nate tp on Sunday any time from 9.15 am GB time to no later than 9.45 am.

More details in our Private Forum.

The Hunt Calendar for Stage 3, and the rest of the tournament, is as follows:

Stage 3: In your face! (3 weekends)
OCTOBER 6th/7th, 13th/14th, 20th/21st

Stage 4: (3 weekends)
NOVEMBER 3rd/4th, 10th/11th, 17th/18th

Stage 5: Semi-Finals:
DECEMBER 1st

Final:
DECEMBER 15th

So, without further ado, here's the....

STAGE 3 MOBLIST and SCHEDULE​

(This will appear in it's own thread but it's here for reference purposes)

Only the lower 8 teams will hunt these matches:

Main Team (4 Hunters):

Falxangius Provider and above 10 points
Thorifoid Elder and above 9 points
Neconu (any) 8 points
Thorifoid Shaman and below 7 points
Allophyl (any) 6 points
Falxangius Young-Old 5 points

Support

Oculus (any) 4 points
Traeskeron (any) 3 points
Thorio (any) 2 points
Gradivore (any) 1 point

Bonus Mob

Thorofoid/Thorafoid (any) 25
Group Stage Special Bonuses:

Highest Loot (Main Team) of match: 15 points

Winning a Match: 100 points toward Stage Total.

And also thanks to Kendra of LA 48 for sponsoring the Allophyls, and to OLA 64 for the Neconu.

SCHEDULE:

Stage 3 ROUND ONE: OCTOBER 6th/7th

Group A: Team GB vs Team ITALY..........&......Team ROCKTropia vs Team POLAND

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team EUDORIA..&.....Team FRANCE vs Team AFRICA

Stage 3 ROUND TWO: OCTOBER 13th/14th

Group A: Team GB vs Team POLAND.......&......Team ROCKTropia vs Team ITALY

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team AFRICA....&......Team FRANCE vs Team EUDORIA

Stage 3 ROUND THREE: OCTOBER 20th/21st

Group A: Team GB vs Team ROCKTropia....&.....Team POLAND vs Team ITALY

Group B: Team CANADA vs Team FRANCE...&....Team AFRICA vs Team EUDORIA

All those who have progressed straight to Stage 4, congratulations. You have proved yourselves worthy of a break. You may, however, assist any team that requires your help by joining their Support Teams on the day of their hunts. No need for anyone to feel left out:)

All those hunting in the Stage, PLEASE contact your opponents in each of the forthcoming matches and AGREE on a timeslot before PM'ing me, and do this as soon as you can.

The Timeslots are the same as we've seen so far, with the exception of the 23:00 saturday slot, which has not proved necessary.

Timeslot choices:

Sat 15:00, Sat 19:00/ Sun 09:00, Sun 13:00.

START/FINISH POINT

AMETHERA 20777, 29611, 524

524m high? Yes, it's up a mountain; Kudos to anyone who manages to DRIVE all the way up the hairpins (I seriously rolled my jeep!) but the more equipped among you may want to fly:)

If you have decided a time with your opponents, and pm'd me with the decision, thank you. If not, please do so soon.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Next match is against Rocktropia this weekend. Saturday 1900 (8pm UK time) looking most likely but we need a few more players to confirm availability here:

Match Thread

We're on for 8pm UK time tonight. More the merrier! Meet at Nate from 7.30pm.

Well done all, we won our match with a provisional score of 312-158 so we're safely through to Stage 4.

Thanks to everyone who made it.

Thanks Paul, unlucky last night but gratz on qualification.

Good work everyone nice result :)

Apologies for the long post, but it's a lot of important information all at once.

A reminder of the Hunt Calendar:

Stage 4: (3 weekends)
NOVEMBER 3rd/4th, 10th/11th, 17th/18th

Stage 5: Semi-Finals:
DECEMBER 1st

Final:
DECEMBER 15th

Here are your Groups, after seeding from the previous matches (and qualifiers; average scores were calculated from matches played), and a draw to decide the order (conducted by me using Random.com dice-roller), here's where you all ended up:

GROUP A:

USA, AUSTRALIA, POLAND, EUDORIA

GROUP B:

FINLAND, CANADA, BeNeLux, ROCKTropia

GROUP C:

SWEDEN, DACH, FRANCE, GB

Match Timetable:

Nov 3rd/4th:

USA vs AUSTRALIA
POLAND vs EUDORIA

FINLAND vs CANADA
BeNeLux vs ROCKTropia

SWEDEN vs DACH
FRANCE vs GB

Nov 10th/11th:

USA vs POLAND
AUSTRALIA vs EUDORIA

FINLAND vs BeNeLux
CANADA vs ROCKTropia

SWEDEN vs FRANCE
DACH vs GB

Nov 17th/18th

USA vs EUDORIA
POLAND vs AUSTRALIA

FINLAND vs ROCKTropia
CANADA vs BeNeLux

SWEDEN vs GB
DACH vs FRANCE​

Please contact your opponents and arrange suitable timeslots for the next three weekends.

3 matches on same Moblist (see below): Loot Bonus applies, Win Bonus applies, all usual match conditions apply; 4 Main Team hunters, Unlimited Support. Support Cap: 150 points.

Top TWO teams from each group progress to the Semi-Finals (now known as the Jimmy B's!).

STAGE 4 Moblist: Escape From TI

Main

Hogglo Mature and above: 10 points
Hispidus (any): 9 points
Letomie Mature and above: 8 points
Kingfisher (any): 7 points
Hogglo Young: 6 points
Letomie Young: 5 points

Support

Globster (any) 4 points
Furor (any) 3 points
Maffoids (any) 2 points
Cornundacauda (any) 1 point

Bonus Mob:

Combibo (any) 25 points​

SCAR AWARD:

As usual the SCAR award (the award for Slaughtering Comprehensively and Rapidly) is running for the duration of STAGE FOUR; all any Support Team has to do to enter is global at least once on Globster, Furor, Maffoids and Cornandacauda during a WoF match, in the fastest time (taken from start of match) then send in the proof.
Please enter WITH SCREENSHOTS in the WoF Screenshot Thread, showing ALL FOUR GLOBALS, TEAM LIST, TIME/DATE and if possible, LOCATION. Multiple entries allowed, mystery prizes awarded to TOP 3 Support Teams at the Final. Support Teams MUST be attached to a WoF team and scored during a WoF match (i.e. no "WoF Barnsley" or "WoF Atlantis").

TIMESLOTS:

Saturdays:

15:00, 19:00

Sundays:

09:00, 13:00

If you need a different time to those listed you MIGHT get lucky if you ask EARLY enough.

Please agree times with your opponents then let us know.

START/FINISH POINT: Treasure Island Castle Courtyard.

Phew! Think that's it; See you on the field:)

Hurrikane

Hey team GB!

Please make your mind up about the timeslot for the match between GB and DACH, we are open for suggestions. It would be awesome if we could get informed about your prefered timeslot until sunday Nov. 28th 1800 ma time. Thats when we gonna have our next team-meeting and so we could make a quick desicion.

All the best!

Par

I'm guessing you meant Sun Oct 28th ;)

Anyway, sorry, Kev has been without internet connection due to moving house and I have not been well, so no idea at this point what slots we'll be able to make yet.

Hello,
French Captain speaking, i hope your health is better, i send you a PM 6 days ago without any answer, we have to agree on a time slot for our match next W-End. please anwer or give up :yay:

Hello,
French Captain speaking, i hope your health is better, i send you a PM 6 days ago without any answer, we have to agree on a time slot for our match next W-End. please anwer or give up :yay:

Well, we won't give up :D

Due to our various issues, the squad only got asked for their time preferences yesterday. So we need a bit more time. I'll get back to you by Wednesday at the latest.

Jimmy B,
I dont know if it is part of your stategie to hold the decision of the time slot for our match but it is not very nice. British are not what they used to be: "Fair Play".

Herode

The reasons for the delay are clearly explained above, our Captain is offline at the moment and I have been ill. Sorry for the delay but there's no need to insult us.

I still haven't heard much from our squad, but so far everyone who has responded can be pretty flexible this weekend. So we'll go with your preferred slot of Sat 1900 if that's still OK with you.

Jimmy B,
I dont know if it is part of your stategie to hold the decision of the time slot for our match but it is not very nice. British are not what they used to be: "Fair Play".

Herode

The British very much play fair, so retract that comment!

The reasons for the delay are clearly explained above, our Captain is offline at the moment and I have been ill. Sorry for the delay but there's no need to insult us.

I still haven't heard much from our squad, but so far everyone who has responded can be pretty flexible this weekend. So we'll go with your preferred slot of Sat 1900 if that's still OK with you.

Saturday 19.00 is cool with me, lets make sure we start off with a strong team.

So everyone cancel your plans, and log on Saturday and help the cause!

Evening GB, meet at Nate shortly!

next guy comes to ask for a timeslot...

pls pm me with a timeslot suggestion

hmmm...

Gentlemen,

how about sunday november 11th 1300 ma time? right after church :girl:

Back