*** WoF England 2008 ***

My goodness ... I think I started something :eek: ... no wait, it was JimmyB who started this with his video! :laugh: Thanks for all the recommendations, I think I have a nice list now, and when I have a chance to sit my purple ass down for longer than 5 minutes, I'm going to do some cruising. :D

Sorry, but the only british claim on Father Ted was the money that paid for it to be made :)

I didn't say it was British, I just said it was good, and I bet MS9 hasn't seen it :)

Sorry, but the only british claim on Father Ted was the money that paid for it to be made :)

I wouldn't go as far as "only", It was produced by a British company, mostly filmed in london (apart from the exterior shots of the island), it was produced for the British TV audience and Irish TV wouldnt even show it until it turned out it was massivly popular over there too - at which point they changed their minds and decided to show it.

It was written by two irish writers and starred an Irish cast, but I call it about 50:50 as if channel 4 (a british TV company) hadnt commissioned it, it would never have exisited in the first place (as Irish TV never wanted it );)

I wouldn't go as far as "only", It was produced by a British company, mostly filmed in london (apart from the exterior shots of the island), it was produced for the British TV audience and Irish TV wouldnt even show it until it turned out it was massivly popular over there too - at which point they changed their minds and decided to show it.

It was written by two irish writers and starred an Irish cast, but I call it about 50:50 as if channel 4 (a british TV company) hadnt commissioned it, it would never have exisited in the first place (as Irish TV never wanted it );)

Someone has been busy at the wiki :D

But totally recommend Father Ted + Blackadder Goes Forth (the WW1 one) if you have to be selective in what you can watch MS9. oh and Peep Show and Green Wing and Black Books lol

Father Ted is fantastic, but when writer Graham Linehan did The IT Crowd on his own the results weren't nearly as impressive.

Now I'm gonna go and be Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse.:D

Someone has been busy at the wiki :D

But totally recommend Father Ted + Blackadder Goes Forth (the WW1 one) if you have to be selective in what you can watch MS9. oh and Peep Show and Green Wing and Black Books lol

Oh yeah! wasnt going to let you guys take all the credit! :D

Excellent! Sounds like there is a lot of great British Television! Now I can look forward to them when our American networks rip-them-off and show the half-as-funny US versions ;)

Actually, The Office is pretty good, once they stopped trying to be too much like the Bristish version and found their own pace and style. I found it very awkward for american actors to be taking "british" comedic pauses....it was unnatural...

I would love to see the American version of Green Wing. I think it would be hilarious to see how they interpret it. Doubt the actual show would be funny :D

Father Ted is fantastic, but when writer Graham Linehan did The IT Crowd on his own the results weren't nearly as impressive.

Now I'm gonna go and be Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse.:D

I'm sorry, I've remained silent until now, but NO-ONE disses the IT Crowd! It's easily up there with Spaced, Citizen Smith and Blackadder; one of the funniest sitcoms ever. To my mind it's in a different league altogether to the rather more childish humour of Father Ted, which has aged a bit, like the Young Ones did.

Hurrikane

Oh btw the Flight of the Conchords DVD... now that's funny:)

*runs to get new sheet of paper, running out of writing space* :tele:

I would love to see the American version of Green Wing. I think it would be hilarious to see how they interpret it. Doubt the actual show would be funny :D

Think of Red Dwarf? :)

I'm sorry, I've remained silent until now, but NO-ONE disses the IT Crowd!
Oh well. That's where the ability to agree to disagree is required.

I did think of Father Ted, but I didn't mention it since Ireland isn't a part of Britain. Although, its a classic alright!

Come fellow countrymen....and wimmin!

*** WARNING SHAMLESS BRITISH TV TYPE ORIENTATED SORTA INGAME EVENT PLUG COMING UP ***

Join my all new spangly event taking place on Friday nights at about 9pm u.k. time , well exactly 9pm u.k time 20:00MaTime!!!

T.F.I. Friday <-----another great british televisual institution in it's day, now turned EU event!!!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/117268-t-f-i-friday-atrax-attack.html :)

theres also this great really cheap PvP event too 2hours later @ 11pm u.k. time on Friday!!!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/117270-t-f-i-friday-pvp.html

Join me your fellow countryman for some rootin tootin fun on friday!

Well i had to do something, the missus is having one o them bodyshop party things , like a tupperware party but without the tupperware and with bodyshop stuff instead, you get the picture. :D

Anyway lets shoot some stuff and each other and maybe win some peds!

Einstein has kindly doubled the prizes in the hunting event if theres 20+ registered! AWESOME!!! :eek:

All the best,

Jamhot

Hehehehe remeber 'Ugly bloke' and 'Freak or Unique?' or 'Iiiiiiiiiit's yoooour letteeeeers , iiiiiit'ssss yoooour leeeetteeeeeeerrsss!'lol

Last edited:
I dont have a lot of time to trawl back through the posts so sorry if I am repeating a show already mentioned - but has anyone put forward Ab Fab yet?

:topic:

Now where were we? Oh yeah, British Television....;)

Yeah T.F.I. FRIDAY was British television! ;)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sdrXDxa5zE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/117270-t-f-i-friday-pvp.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/events/117268-t-f-i-friday-atrax-attack.html

oops I did it again! :D

:topic:

Now where were we? Oh yeah, British Television....;)
No it was actually Kev and some jackets or sumthing :silly: Hahaha (Kevs gonna hate me, lol) Only kiddin kev mate :laugh:

Jamhot

Last edited:
Watching "Doc Martin" at the mo :)

Stupid thing looked ok in preview!!! :mad:

Bah!! I cant be botherd to fix it lol :laugh:

*sleepy DJ* :D

Is that Hurrikane at 2:47? :eek:

:laugh: :yay: :laugh:

:D

LOL that is in fact Dan the Student who was a regular member of the Radio Show team and later Chris Evans production company, appearing alongside him or credited to most stuff Evans worked on.

Funnily enough, I once phoned up the Chris Evans breakfast show on Radio 1 and spoke to him (Dan, not Chris) but didn't get my comments aired. They were asking for a "word of the day" and I gave them coprophagist:)

Incidentally, I did later succeed in getting a phone-in comment aired on Radio 1, a couple of years ago on the Edith Bowman show. It was inconsequential. Ok, it was a mention of the useful fact that writing a page a day makes a 365 page book in a year:)

Oh, and my hair's longer, I'm taller, he has no tattoos and I'm pretty sure he's younger. So it's not me at all:)

Hurrikane

Oh, and my hair's longer, I'm taller, he has no tattoos and I'm pretty sure he's younger. So it's not me at all:)

Hurrikane

Aaaah shaddup and stop spoiling our fun!!! :D

Jamhot

Aaaah shaddup and stop spoiling our fun!!! :D

Jamhot

Now if I wanted to do that I could just put Igni on the moblists next year:)

Hurrikane

Now if I wanted to do that I could just put Igni on the moblists next year:)

Hurrikane

I dunno this year you had cauderterguas , tantillions and tards, omfg i'm surprised there wasn't fugabarba for support teams!! Thres not much more shit you can throw my way now! :D

Jamhot

Jam, dont mention the caudatergus again, OK, I almost managed to forget about them. :mad:

Now seeing as how this has become about classic British telly (rather than current stuff) how about ...
The Tube
The Professionals
Tales of the Unexpected
and of course ...The Clangers (where d'ya think OOOoooOOOooo comes from?)

Ahh ... the nostalgia! :yay:

Jam, dont mention the caudatergus again, OK, I almost managed to forget about them. :mad:

That was baaaaaad, oooooh the cauderterguas or nwhatever the feck they'r e called, all i know is they where a bad call :S

J

That was baaaaaad, oooooh the cauderterguas or nwhatever the feck they'r e called, all i know is they where a bad call :S

J

I see what you're saying, you're suggesting Cornundos for next time... advice taken on board:)

Hurrikane

Back