Info: ***WoF England 2009***

8 matches played, hopefully 2 matches left! England still need more players, come join in the fun!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for all the work you put in Jimmy B and well done everyone for the effort.

Thanks for all the work you put in Jimmy B and well done everyone for the effort.

Thank-you, and to the others who've said the same :)

I don't need to be thanked really, it was a privelege to be England Captain. The England squad is a great group of people, as are the allies and friends we've made along the way. I've enjoyed it, I hope everyone else has too.

Sorry we couldn't go further this year. I think we should probably look for a main team player to Captain the team next year, but I'll do whatever I can to help in next year's effort and hopefully we can reclaim our title in 12 months time!

Oh nooooz! Too bad you guys lost, i was really hoping you'd pass to the final. I couldn't stay for the final hour, but it seems it was basically hopless. Sweden seems to be getting stronger closer to the end of WoF.

Good fighting though, and see you next year.

Well... congratz Team England for the effort, and for putting up a really good fight... as always I might add. :tiphat:

Thank you to Jimmy B for the huge amount of time devoted to organising the England team during WoF 2009.

Thanks to all Team England members who fought, and fought hard, to score so many points and win through match after match.

And a big thank you to all the England supporters from many nations who did so much to help the England campaign.

Good luck to all the finalists, it's going to be an awesome final. :cool:

Ty all for the match today... Dj should be called miss spamalot... she was doing it in her team in the same speed as us in chat. Cya in next WoF and gl all meanwhile. :)

Sorry we couldn't go further this year. I think we should probably look for a main team player to Captain the team next year, but I'll do whatever I can to help in next year's effort and hopefully we can reclaim our title in 12 months time!

Jimmy I do hope that you have a change of heart regarding this as you've proven yourself in this year's campaign and also last year as support leader to be the right man and the obvious choice for the position of England Captain.

I think most if not all of the England squad would like you to carry on as WoF England Captain for years to come.

Thanks for a great fight, England!
(And I think Jimmy was great as leader!!)

Thanks team - it was my first WoF and an absolute blast. Even taking our leave of the competition now doesn't sour the experience for me - WoF has been a great adventure, even from the late stage at which I joined.

Until next time,
Ajax

oh well :) both our teams tried their hearts out hey :)

Would of been great to meet England in the final, perhaps 2010 :)

well played guys n gals.

Last edited:
Ty all for the match today... Dj should be called miss spamalot... she was doing it in her team in the same speed as us in chat. Cya in next WoF and gl all meanwhile. :)

DJ has a secret weapon from the Netherlands :D
Nah... :silly2:

On a more serious note: Thanks to all, it was as much fun as last year regardless the outcome. Sweden just got lucky, literally :)

Jimmy I do hope that you have a change of heart regarding this as you've proven yourself in this year's campaign and also last year as support leader to be the right man and the obvious choice for the position of England Captain.

I think most if not all of the England squad would like you to carry on as WoF England Captain for years to come.

Well, yes, this isn't something that's best decided the day after we get knocked out.

I do think we need a slightly different system next time though. We made some mistakes yesterday and in other matches on new moblists that were at least in part down to the fact that the Captain has never even been on a team that has killed stuff like Atrox Marauders, Warlocks, etc. I only killed my first (non-revive) Falx Young a few days ago lol. So maybe a shared captaincy arrangement next year is worth a closer look.

So maybe a shared captaincy arrangement next year is worth a closer look.

Not sure, at the end of the day there will be important decisions to be made that can only go one way or the other.

I reckon one person as Captain who makes the final call (ie you Jimmy ;) )but if unsure about any issues take advice on it, basically as you did this year. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Not sure, at the end of the day there will be important decisions to be made that can only go one way or the other.

I reckon one person as Captain who makes the final call (ie you Jimmy ;) )but if unsure about any issues take advice on it, basically as you did this year. :thumbup:

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I agree there needs to be someone 'in charge' who has the final say. But that doesn't have to rule out a shared Captaincy, it's just about how we work it. Anyway, I've said more in the private forum :)

Thank you to everyone who contributed to England's effort this year. It wasn't to be, but your help in getting us to the semis was greatly appreciated :)

Well done you lot :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I agree there needs to be someone 'in charge' who has the final say. But that doesn't have to rule out a shared Captaincy, it's just about how we work it. Anyway, I've said more in the private forum :)

Next year's WoF might well have more of a military theme; (cue cool stencilled A-Team graphics lol). I'm giving serious thought to a better ranking system within the teams. This way we can have a Captain, Sergeant-At-Arms, and Coach as well as Support Team Leaders and possibly more. The build-up will start this autumn so a lot more organisation can be set in place.

With a suitably-equipped sergeant-at-arms to advise on more weighty opposition your issues mentioned above need not be so large:)

Hurrikane

OHHH! Sounds interesting! :yay:

Next year's WoF might well have more of a military theme; (cue cool stencilled A-Team graphics lol). I'm giving serious thought to a better ranking system within the teams. This way we can have a Captain, Sergeant-At-Arms, and Coach as well as Support Team Leaders and possibly more. The build-up will start this autumn so a lot more organisation can be set in place.

Hehe. We kind of did that a bit this year. We didn't have a Sergeant-At-Arms or a Coach, but we did have Captain, Support Captains, Treasurer and Chief Video Maker :D

Hello Team England; this is one of a round of belated "Well done" messages to all the unsuccessful Semi-Finalists (and no, it ain't copy-pasted lol).

I'd just like to say thanks for another tremendous display of strength by the English Team, with scores constantly high, organisation beyond compare and victories almost inevitable.

I really did think I was going to have to field complaints about how come my home country wins my event twice in a row, and I'd even prepared a few replies. It took a team of giants to stop you, and I'm sure next year we'll see England in a top spot again.

Thanks, you've made me proud to be English:)

Hurrikane

Thanks Hurri, you've done an equally fine job on the other side of things :)

Thanks Hurri, and hold on to those home country prepared replies for next year :D

Hehe. We kind of did that a bit this year. We didn't have a Sergeant-At-Arms or a Coach, but we did have Captain, Support Captains, Treasurer and Chief Video Maker :D

Sweden has a Coach and Captain, but thats about all :D

Regards Coach

Back