Info: ***WoF England 2009***

8 matches played, hopefully 2 matches left! England still need more players, come join in the fun!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good luck in the semi-finals England! I'm still waiting for you guys to release an awesome video like Pinky's from last year. Please do it soon, I'm bored at work and need something to watch:)

Good luck in the semi-finals England! I'm still waiting for you guys to release an awesome video like Pinky's from last year. Please do it soon, I'm bored at work and need something to watch:)

Well, we'll see what we can do about that ;)

Her Vids were awesome, someone will be hard pushed to top those :wtg:

There has been much said about alliances recently, and much debate about them in our private forum too. Opinion is very divided, both across the WoF tournament as a whole, and across our own squad. I think a public post on the position England will take is required.

I cannot speak for the opinions of England as a whole, because everyone has their own opinion, so any opinions are my own. But I can speak for the approach England will adopt as a team, and I believe and hope I have chosen an approach that is roughly reflective of the 'average' of opinions amongst our team.

I personally think an alliance between two teams who might be considered amongst the favourites even standing alone (I include all semi-finalists in that category) is not in the best interest of WoF, and I think quite a few other people in the squad feel in a similar way. I have spoken to some team Captains and read/heard the opinions of others. Team England will not pursue an alliance with any teams still remaining in the competition now. I do not believe there will be any other such alliances made in these semifinals amongst the other teams involved either.

That is not to say I think alliances are 'bad'. I'm proud of what we've achieved so far this year, and what we achieved last year. And both years it has been with alliances as well as help from friends and socmates. I don't feel any need to apologise for that, and other teams do the same. I think the cooperation we have had between our neighbouring countries, and the fact players of other countries wish to support us and we wish to support them, is a good thing. As it is said, you can judge a man by his foes and by his friends. Well, we have some good friends, and few enemies. I think that reflects well on us, our country, our friends, and the other nations who take part in this competition.

So whilst we shan't pursue an alliance with another semifinalist we should still encourage soc-mates, friends, and allies to join us in the battle to reach the semi-final. They will be fighting alongside us and we should feel honoured that they choose to do so. And we need everyone we can get, this is a tough fight and an even tougher one lies ahead.

Opinion is very divided amongst the participants in the tournament, and amongst our own squad. Some would prefer to see only people playing who's nationality is that of their nation, some would prefer to make any alliances that improve the chances of success, some lie somewhere in between. There are no clear lines, and no right choice or wrong choice. Everyone has a different opinion, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's respect the opinions of other teams and not offer judgement on those who think differently to us, and let's hope they return that sentiment towards us.

What I have chosen is fitting with my sense of patriotism, and also I think a reasonable average of the various opinions expressed by the squad. We are a nation with a long and globally significant history, we are a culturally diverse nation, and we are a proud nation. We have a unique relationship with our neighbours, and if they and our other friends wish to fight and play alongside us then we can be proud of that and glad that we do not stand alone.

Now, enough politics, good luck to all Semi-Finalists. Let's play WoF!

Last edited:
Just one note about alliances..

"The Anglo-Portuguese Alliance (or Treaty of Windsor) between England (succeeded by the United Kingdom) and Portugal is the oldest alliance in the world which is still in force. It was signed in 1373." in wikipedia

Ty for your help in the last stage, and GL in your way to the final :).

Just one note about alliances..

"The Anglo-Portuguese Alliance (or Treaty of Windsor) between England (succeeded by the United Kingdom) and Portugal is the oldest alliance in the world which is still in force. It was signed in 1373." in wikipedia

Ty for your help in the last stage, and GL in your way to the final :).

Hehe :)

Thanks, hope we'll see a few of you next weekend!

WoF Semi-Final
Saturday 27th June, 1200 MA time
(time pending confirmation from Hurrikane)

ENGLAND
v
SWEDEN

Meet: Atlas Island South, 1125 MA time (12.25pm UK)

It's a straight knockout now, we need everyone who can possibly make it to be there!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a title to defend!

Other Important Dates:

- Tuesday 23rd June, 1930 MA time (8.30pm UK time), England Opalo Hunt, Atlas Island South​

- Friday 26th June, 1900 MA time (8pm UK time), Semifinal spawn test and practice hunt, meet at Atlas Island South​

- Saturday 11th July, WoF Final, let's make sure we're there!​

Never has your country needed you more than it does on Sat, Sweden will be worthy foes dig out your weapons and join us on the quest to retain our trophy...

England bump! Practice session tomorrow at 8pm UK time, meet at Atlas South! Bound to be fun, in a chaotic kind of way :D

Still time to join the squad, just post here if you want to do your bit. And any old friends/allies of the squad are very welcome to join us too. We'll need all the manpower we can muster on Saturday!

hey all, im sorry for being completely useless and inactive since i joined the team!! but my funds are lacking the past month or so. im willing to help and can be online but the only guns ive got now are a breer m2a, an opalo, and a p1a. well and a bravo. is there anyway i can help out? do some of the teams use opalos etc? or i could fap people. anything to help lol

hey all, im sorry for being completely useless and inactive since i joined the team!! but my funds are lacking the past month or so. im willing to help and can be online but the only guns ive got now are a breer m2a, an opalo, and a p1a. well and a bravo. is there anyway i can help out? do some of the teams use opalos etc? or i could fap people. anything to help lol

There's always something you can do to help out. I imagine we can find space for you in a team hunting the insects. Come along on Saturday and see what you can do :)

sound :) thanks ill be there

Yes, like Oleg says, there's something everyone can do to contribute.

The last rounds were hard for newcomers as the two support mobs were relatively tough mobs. This time we expect some quite easy mobs in the form of the insects, but getting globals on them is still important to our score.

So please do come along. Something like m2a could well be perfect for the bugs.

brilliant m2a it is then :) got some sweat to make into ME too for ammo, so ill prepare for saturday by selling that for ammo :) cya all then

i would like to sign up if still possible to support

got almost 0 hunting skills but will try to do my best ;)

gonna read some of the rules now :D

Right, bit slow getting my PMs out today! There'll be one to the squad later today at some point though.

First things first - practice/scout run tonight. We meet at Atlas South, 8pm UK time. It's a warm-up, knowledge gaining exercise so I expect it'll be a bit chaotic like last time (thanks to the Warlock 10s mainly :D). But doesn't matter if it's messy today, we just need to gather intel!

i would like to sign up if still possible to support

got almost 0 hunting skills but will try to do my best ;)

gonna read some of the rules now :D

Welcome dennis, good to have you with us!

WoF Semi-Final
TODAY, 1200 MA time

ENGLAND
v
SWEDEN

Meet: Atlas Island South, 1115 MA time (12.15pm UK)

See you at Atlas everyone!

We're down, we're out, but hey we gave it our best shot so well done everyone and get skilling up for 2010! :wtg:

Congratulations Sweden on a fine performance and your mega-score. :thumbup:

Good luck in the Final!

congratulations to the winners. was my first time today and it was great fun. thanks to all :)
next year ill be back from the beginning and ill be a lot more prepared :)

Big Thanx to Jimmy for being a great Captain :yay:

I had a great time, thanx to everyone, cya all next year! :wtg:

:D

Only just logged on and encounter 2 huge teams knocked out. Australia and urselves, the defending champions. While I'm sorry to see England fall, I've always felt it's good for the WoF as a whole that no team gains a monopoly of the competition, and that 'theme' is still running strong.

Let's hope that France manage to bring down USA next, so that we are assured a brand new WoF winner in 2009.

But, back to England, congrats on getting as far as you did, and look forward to seeing you again in 2010. :)

Thanks Jimmy for a very well run wof england this year, you done a great job!

It didnt work out for us today but that happens from time to time, gratz to Sweden who put up an awesome show during the match.

This will be my last wof for england main team, time for some new blood to take up my main team slot. I will ofc come support next year :)

Every English player and our friends who helped should be proud. We all tried very hard!

Thanks to everyone who turned up and fought for us today. We didn't disgrace ourselves by any means, and battled hard to the end after it looked a certain defeat, just in case we hit that lucky ATH.

I believe we were the only team to hit the sweep, and we did it pretty fast, by my count at that point we had the lead. But we couldn't match the presence on the trox Sweden had today, they got their tactics spot on there. The Atrox Lootius wasn't looking kindly upon us today either, but even if he had been I think Sweden had enough to cover it.

It's been great fun, and an honour to Captain such a great team of people. We learnt a lot and responded wonderfully to our loss earlier in the tournament, and I'm sure we'll learn from today too and come back stronger next year and see what we can do about reclaiming our rightful place as WoF Champions :D

Until next year, England :)

[In case anyone is looking for this afternoon's scores they were about:
England 485 Sweden 810
Australia 450 Romania 915]

You did a great job this year also Team England. You guys definetly are very well organized and very tough. Bad luck today.. but we look forward to next year.
GG today Team England!

Sorry to see both Australia and yourselves leave the competition today :(

However, it was a pleasure watching Team England's spirit, determination and even the incredibly clever recruitment tactics :D

I do love your movies! :ahh:

Thankyou all for the flair, fun and impressive force you brought to the competition, hope to see you all out on the feild again next year :)

Aly

Back