Team Ireland

Lets makes use of this while we have it :)

Ok, apparently I'm a member of the WoF Team Ireland group ... but is there somewhere to access for us to chat privately?

Hello team Ireland.

Unless i'm mistaken we'Re up against you in the next round. I would like to know who is your team captain so we can get the discussion about time slots going asap.

Thanks and GL

Nity

EDIT: thanks for the info Miss Scarlett

Last edited:
Hello Team Ireland

Welcome to Stage 3 of the WoF.

The Groups have been drawn and the reults posted in the Stickies.

Round One:

Your first Match will be against Canada.

Please contact them via the Forum to arrange a suitable Time Slot, and a second one if at all possible!

TimeSlots remain the same as last Stage:

Slot A: Saturday 4th April: 12:00

Slot B: Saturday 4th April: 16:00

Slot C: Saturday 4th April: 20:00

Slot D: Sunday 5th April: 00:00

Slot E: Sunday 5th April: 04:00

Please PM me your TimeSlot Choices as soon as possible.

Round Two:

Round 2 uses two weekends, with the 12 matches to be held on any of the following days:

Saturday 11th April, Sunday 12th April
Saturday 25th April, Sunday 26th April

These Timeslots can also be used for your Round Three match.

The Timeslots will be the same each time and your adversaries that Round will be Romania. Feel free to sort out a TimeSlot early on and let me know.

Round Three

Round Three is also different. The official dates are:

Saturday 2nd May, Sunday 3rd May

However, if these dates are not suitable, Matches can be arranged on any of the days allotted to Round Two beforehand (11th, 12th, 25th +26th April) as long as the order of play is maintained (i.e. the teams meet when they should, no the wrong way round).

Your opponents for this Match will be Wales. Again, feel free to arrange the times early and get them to me by PM.

Start Point: Not half as bad as the last one, this one's South of Nymphtown on the way to the Rig:

EUD: 25055, 9725, 151

It's the old sweater's camp if you're wondering:)

The Start Point is the same for ALL 3 ROUNDS.

Spawn Information:

MindArk tell me the Spawns will be adjusted on the Friday before each weekend in the folowing areas:

Malcruentor: Where they are now

Hispidus: In the "blue area" west of Hadesheim

Scaboreas/Tezlapod: North of PvP 1

Molisk: North of Troy and East of Argus

I am delighted to welcome Entropia Investment Fund (EiF) as our latest sponsor, and also EntropiaBay.com. Both have contributed towards a nice array of Support Team Prizes for the SCAR award in the Semi-Finals which will see 36 avatars recognised for their efforts:)

EiF announce they have set their Molisk and Ambulimax Spawns to meet the needs of WoF hunters, with two mid-level Molisk DNA's and one set high in LA 44, and tucked away to provide quieter small Ambu's to rack up those six-pointers will be two low-maturity spawns in LA 24.

NeverDie has told me there will be a good amount of young Phasms from now and throughout the Stage.

It's on.

Thanks for your hard work so far, and good luck getting through to Stage 4:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
hello again Ireland.

Is your captain away? still havent heard from her and i'd like to confirm the slot asap.

Kitty hadn't been feeling well the past few days. Now she's at the hospital with a friend of her for her friend, not her. When she gets back I'll be sure to tell her to contact you.

Hugs,
Aliana

Timeslot Confirmed

We have been confirmed for Slot C: 20:00 for the upcoming round with Canada.
Make sure you check with Kitty and confirm that you are on the right team and in the right place. Time, mobs, teams and other information are now posted in the private forum: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wof-team-ireland/. Check in as soon as you can.

Last edited:
Update

Please check the private forum for new team assignments and the finalized gameplan. Stage 3 begins tomorrow! Be sure to be at Nymphtown at 19:30 MA time under the turret at the stables. We will set up teams here so we can have all in place before we head out to the start point.

Hi to all Teams.

Great work by everyone last weekend; even low scores take a lot of work in the WoF:)

Some News: The proposed Extra Sunday TimeSlots are not happening until Round 3 (Not regularly anyway), as there are 4 whole days with which to arrange your next Match, using the existing Time-Slots.

PLEASE think about your opponents when choosing Time Slots and PLEASE offer more than one to them!

There are many reasons why team members cannot/don't want to turn up at any given time; THIS IS WHY YOUR MAIN TEAM IS 12 BUT ONLY NEEDS 4 TO HUNT!

I have already had to offer a slot on the intervening Weekend (18th April)... MY WEEKEND OFF.... and there's NO WAY IN THE WORLD I'm going to over-lap slots again.

So here it is: In cases of Time-Slots being difficult to arrange, the decision will go to the Team who shows the most flexibility! This means if they have submitted 4 times to you, and you submit 1 that isn't any of them.... without any good reason why, the Match will go ahead at a time they have chosen that is closest to your own preferred time.

I appreciate there's a lot of people with a lot of different lives, which is precisely the reason for the TimeSlots in the first place, and for the large range of options presented. I have yet to see a valid reason for 4 out of 12 avatars not being available on a weekend.

Those who take their time deciding may also find the Match to be confirmed for a time they don't like; the other Teams need to plan and prepare, which they can't do if they don't know when they are playing.

So get on the case, be flexible, and prioritise; you fight for your Country's Honour!

PM me with your Slot decisions....AFTER agreeing them with your opponents.

Hurrikane

P.S. Scores all checked and sent to J Boy for him to work his graphical magic, should be here tomorrow.

Stage 3 Round 2 Matches Confirmed for next Weekend:

Canada Vs Wales: 25th April, Slot C, 20:00

Finland Vs Eudoria: 25th April, Slot C, 20:00

Denmark Vs Amethera: 25th April, Slot C, 20:00

Slovenia Vs Portugal: 25th April, Slot C, 20:00

Australia Vs China: 26th April, Slot F, 08:00

STILL TO CONFIRM:

Czech Republic Vs Norway

Ireland Vs Romania

Italy Vs Estonia

Already Played:

England Vs Greece

America Vs Netherlands

Sweden Vs Scotland

France Vs Poland

Love to hear from the teams not confirmed yet:)

(Yes, Ireland, this includes you:))

Hurrikane

Just spoken to Hurri on the phone.

He has asked me to announce that it IS now too late for the 20:00 matches to go ahead either, so All Saturday matches will need re-arranging...

There are many options for this : There are mid-week possibilities if both teams are in agreement. Also remember that WoF matches have been, and are, every 2 weeks in general, so we also have every other weekend...

The main thing is that each pair of teams Must compete at the same time, ie under the same loot conditions.

Sorry I'm soory folks, it's a pain in the Ass, but you need to work out a few times when you will be available for a re-match, using ANY of your main 12 team members.... please come up with several possible times to give everyone as much chance to meet you as possible...

Liase with your opponents in this round and come to an agreement, then please let myself or Hurrikane know as soon as possible.

Hopefully we can work it all out as smoothly as possible.

ThanX :thumbup:

Hi Ireland :)

Can someone confirm who your captain is so that we can get the Ireland v Wales match sorted out :)

Thx

Hiya Ireland :)

Any chance we can please get our request for a time slot this weekend sorted. I know there are issues with a half played match. Please PM Rockchick.

Hi,
Our last match was interrupted at half with that huge server crash. We still have to play 90 minutes.
I would like to have a time when you think we can meet to finish our match. From what I have spoken with Hurry, we can choose any time and he will try to be there. So please let me know when you can, and I will see if Romania can meet you at that time.
Thanks.

Hi Ireland.

Can we play our match on May 2nd Slot C (20:00)? I would like to sort this out :)

Cheers

RC

Attention members of TEAM IRELAND. Please check the private forum immediately. Responses required to the current situation!

Hi Ireland, sorry to see you have troubles.

The WoF's not faring too well either, having to cope with the big CTD that left your match with Romania half-finished. All in all not the best week we've had.

Wales needed to get their date confirmed so I have allowed their Match with yourself to be confirmed for 20:00 Saturday (Slot C) as this is a time most accepted by european participants. I hope you can be there in force. If you have a good reason for a different time slot and you can agree this with the Welsh team before the kick-off then let me know.

As for Romania and your remaining 90 minutes, this can be arranged for the following weekend.

Cheers,

Hurrikane

Ireland Concedes

As the only members of Team Ireland to respond, I have to commend Bert and Scarlett. I wish things were different but there seems to have been little or no interest in the WoF from most of Team Ireland's people this year. I'm very sad to hear this. As Kitty's acting second, with her permission I am sending a message tonight to Hurrikane, Rockchick and BlackHawk saying that Ireland will concede the forfeit this year and hopefully come back for next year's WoF. I feel like this has been a lot of wasted effort, to be frank. We've been met with more obstacles at this point than we can overcome what with last minute cancellations, nobody checking the forums and whatnot. I hope none of the other team members have hard feelings over this, but with no responses other than Berts and Scarletts since Tuesday, forfeiting is our only option.

Im really sorry to hear that Ireland :(

Sad to hear that Team Ireland :cry: Never like to see a team go out this way, but we certainly understand the challenges. Better luck next year :thumbup:

I know there are multiple issues at work here, but sorry to see you go, personally I am always cheering for the smaller 'underdog' teams, those who go that extra mile and try to still have fun anyway. Would have been good to see you carry on but all the best to all of you and well done on your effort :)

Hi Team Ireland.

Could I ask you to pm me with a confirmed Time Slot for the conclusion of your match against Romania, for this weekend, or pm me to confirm you won't be attending.

Any matches/part matches not confirmed will be scored 0. Those who are willing to attend will be able to Score in the absence of their opponents at their own preferred time if their opponents do not agree a time with them.

Thanks,

Hurrikane

just stumbeled on this thread now, seems to be quite a few from Ireland playin :) Haven't really met many that plays it in my 2 years stay here so far:)

Yous had any meets?

Back