Attracting new users

Well someone's a smug self-serving ass.

Look bitch, this isn't an argument about what EU is or is not. But just because you don't think it's not a good idea doesn't mean it isn't. You just don't want the value of your ped to go down. That's all it basically boils down to. In which case, go invest in the dollar. You money grubbing banker.
Lol funny I'm sure I didn't say it was a bad idea, I said it wouldn't work so well in a RCE environment! Are you normally this ill tempered when someone disagrees with you?

As for my money, I have no money invested in this game. Not a single ped. In fact if EU were to die tomorrow, I wouldn't be out a single dollar! :wtg: How about you? ;)

Last edited:
Those who have these problems are in the minority. I'm not saying it's not a problem, but most don't have these issues.

Having an up to date computer without funky equipment helps, I'm sure. Also, do the client repair after every VU. It would be nice if we had a list of known configurations that cause problems, so people know what not to buy in order to run EU.
Yep I think it would help. It would also help if people give info on what programs their running as well. A lot of time this causes problems as well, since most programs share common files. :beerchug:

Well someone's a smug self-serving ass.

Look bitch, this isn't an argument about what EU is or is not. But just because you don't think it's not a good idea doesn't mean it isn't. You just don't want the value of your ped to go down. That's all it basically boils down to. In which case, go invest in the dollar. You money grubbing banker.

Well, thanks for making me look good with your rude and pointless rant. Always nice to have that to show people that some people can be 'rude' and have a point, and that they should appreciate it a little bit. Nor Aliens point is valid. Yours is not. Suck it up. I'm not going to put words in his mouth. These are my own words. You ready?

Your idea is poorly thought out. Your idea fails to take into account that selling time means precisely dick in this environment. Everyone has time. What people dont have is money. You cant sell the money for more than its worth. If you do you'll just have people creating 'newbie' accounts to scam the system. You wont get new users. Just a bunch of people named Asfgabwerflb2417 who use promo codes to pay for their regular playtime, and cash out $100 a time from the system while providing nothing.

So, if you want to talk about what it boils down to, great. Let's do that.

What it boils down to is you didn't fully think this through.

Is that clear? Great.

Next discussion, please!

He sounds like frustrating person anyway has no place in EU.We lost all our nervs but we still keep playing anyway with EU.OMG he crashed i have 2 GB and crash several times and play on safe mode but i dont bitch about it...

Being this a RCE game, everyone fears to loose their hard earned PEDs!

One thing all beginners should be aware of, is that they one day are likely to cross road with someone who want their PEDs - in a less honest way. In some cases through social engineering, in other cases with more techincal means. Just because you have left the absolute beginner stage and you didn't meet a scammer it doesn't doesnt' mean you're safe - on the contrary.

You have had an old account so you know the drill; but you know things like, never hand something over (that you don't mind losing) - especially to a stranger that keeps asking, and Watch out for URLs that people send in chats, especially if they contain weirdly spelled Words or lots of numbers/digits, and never give your username/password to someone else. Or you might login one day with your storage emptied.

Remember, there are both "kids" (who just doesn't know the difference between right and wrong) and "professional scammers" (who will do anything to withdraw your PEDs) ingame.

I got the feeling though, that the hardcore scamming acitivities has gone down considerably since VU9.

One thing that I was kind of annoyed of at about the time Thule and Camp Icarus area was created, was all the spamming for a certain Watch-videos-and-earn-PEDs website. The people who did this just spammed the links, sometimes several times in a minute. This is a kind of littering (spam) is a thing that makes a game look bad - most people have had enough of that kind of stuff while Reading their email inboxes.

Last edited:
I have had a similar experience to this .
Guy I was showing CTD'd twice in the space of 10 minutes . I wont repeat his words but his next action was to uninstall , he has never returned.

He uses an I7 high spec PC and is a gamer spending a good proportion of money on his games.
I wonder how many other folks out there have this experience and are lost forever.

LOL... think about how pissed he'd be getting screwed out of 1000's of ped.

He uses an I7 high spec PC and is a gamer spending a good proportion of money on his games.
I wonder how many other folks out there have this experience and are lost forever.
I have encountered many many ppl who THINK they got uber game computers... but in fact only assembled a custom config hardware that is extremely unstable and crashes much more often.

The reason is simple - every software is tested on the most common hardware configs first, then a bit more uncommon ones, and the rest only if resources and time allows... which, considering how rapidly the hardware is changing equals never.

Wanna avoid problems stay on the mainstream.

Those ppl who haven't figured that one out yet, are just another nooby wannabes with more money than knowledge or experience. They may imagine they're some hardcore gamers but that's a delusion. A pretty common one lately, so yea, EU is prolly losing lots of ppl this way.

I have encountered many many ppl who THINK they got uber game computers... but in fact only assembled a custom config hardware that is extremely unstable and crashes much more often.

The reason is simple - every software is tested on the most common hardware configs first, then a bit more uncommon ones, and the rest only if resources and time allows... which, considering how rapidly the hardware is changing equals never.

Wanna avoid problems stay on the mainstream.

Those ppl who haven't figured that one out yet, are just another nooby wannabes with more money than knowledge or experience. They may imagine they're some hardcore gamers but that's a delusion. A pretty common one lately, so yea, EU is prolly losing lots of ppl this way.
I won't say anything about hardware although I had a computer which use to run fine EU until avatar update and the so called 400% performance boost. Since i changed computer, i have had few CTD during events and it's fine.
What i find alarming is the amount of people who encounter bugs in tutorial, and unresponsive NPCs. We have no choice to admit to them, well it's a known bug log off, welcome to EU... One can wonder if loot isn't bugged too.

Back