Next Island known issues

Is that sign still showing ?
Could it be possible that more people are trying this ? (ones perhaps who do not visit here )

This mission didn't have a counter :cool:

2/3 of Cyrene's missions don't have counters, they just say "Kill 10000 of X" without any way to know how much you've already done until you finish. And people seem ok with it.

Where's the ambiguity here? Afaik, there's no ambiguity, it's all very simple. :smoke:

I've seen that image. I don't really get your point. There's no banana to be seen... by one interpretation of the sign the mission is incomplete. Hence, ambiguous.

The more important point is that, as I said before, no one creates a giveaway contest for a valuable item without promoting it. A random sign on a planet almost no one visits does not constitute promotion. Even Calypso doesn't rely just on in-game communications to promote events, and they've got infinity times more players than NI. This point is why the tempest in the teacup of this thread is so comical. I guess Wildman is amazingly popular, because i've seen far more heinous failures to fulfill without nearly the popular support for the victim than this.

As i said in my first post, i'm not against or for the protagonist, but the hysteria and mass delusion being carried along in this thread is perplexing.

2/3 of Cyrene's missions don't have counters, they just say "Kill 10000 of X" without any way to know how much you've already done until you finish. And people seem ok with it.
That's actually not true. Cyrene has missions like no other planet, it would be nigh impossible to keep one's spirits up without feedback. But there was a bug that occurred during last October's big VU resulting in many disabled mission counters. It had no easy fix except abandoning and re-taking the mission, much to everbody's grief including the planet team. You can read about it on Cyrene forum. PP communication there is excellent in case of problems though, so people are generally "okay" with it in the sense that they go along with offered workarounds.

I've seen that image. I don't really get your point.
Well that's one sloppy excuse. :wtg:
I have put out my interpretation. Either prove it wrong or it stands. Mind you, in this case if only one logically correct interpretation exists, that's enough. It's not guilty unless proven otherwise... not the other way around.

There's another reason why this is not the right place and time to play the devils advocate at any cost. Yes, if managed correctly this event might have had more participants and bring more profit to MA. It wasn't. What's done is done. It's too late for MA to pull out now, this would cause far more damage than anything else. Don't tell me you can't see that.

Last but not least, what if it's you the next time? I know u careful by nature but never say never. Anything can happen. How would you feel if after finding some new hidden mission and grabbing the the opportunity instead of the support from your own community you are facing THIS? [Look in the mirror]

:lam:

I've seen that image. I don't really get your point. There's no banana to be seen... by one interpretation of the sign the mission is incomplete. Hence, ambiguous.

The more important point is that, as I said before, no one creates a giveaway contest for a valuable item without promoting it. A random sign on a planet almost no one visits does not constitute promotion. Even Calypso doesn't rely just on in-game communications to promote events, and they've got infinity times more players than NI. This point is why the tempest in the teacup of this thread is so comical. I guess Wildman is amazingly popular, because i've seen far more heinous failures to fulfill without nearly the popular support for the victim than this.

As i said in my first post, i'm not against or for the protagonist, but the hysteria and mass delusion being carried along in this thread is perplexing.

There is nothing saying every event/contest/mission has to be announced. I actually would like more things that have to be found and not announced, that gives an advantage to active players and not ones who log out and just wait for the next event announcement email. It also helps retention if players have to stay on your planet if they want to find stuff that won't be announced.

And I have no association with Wildman. The text says "go kill Bruce". He did and now they are saying his 5000+ kills don't count.

When will Mindark finally realize that they need to maintain the trust of their customers in order to keep the game alive? This is a real cash economy, not a free to play game. Some people have put substantial sums into the game, expecting to be treated fairly by MA at all times. All obvious facts that we have been stating and re-stating for years.

Mindark needs to compensate Wildman in some manner. Maybe not the advertised shop, but something that is acceptable Wildman.

Sounds like you got MindArk's banana, just not where you wanted it. :tux:

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Pretty obvious that if the word "first" is attached to the mission, it means you don't take into account anything but killing fastest. I would think the same thing and definitely ignore any warning signs of a faulty mission.

I'd agree it was obviously a crappy mission setup; however, you can't fault the guy who was "first" when that's what it asks for. You basically have to rush out and try to kill them as fast as you can.

But you DO get a mission in your mission log dont you?

Arrgh!!!

It seems we can split the message into 3 statements:
A) Receive banana
B) Beat Bruce 5000 times
C) Send support case and get the deed
All the important info in the message is included in those 3 statements. Agree?

Next step, how those statements are related in this message?
A = C
B = C
It is a very simple pattern, do you agree? And we can safely assume "C" in both cases is indeed the same thing. Right?

If so, we can also say:
IF A=C AND B=C THEN A=B

OK, So far so good.

At this point we're facing The Contradiction - if indeed A=B (if beating Bruce 5000 times brings the banana), then why didn't this happen ingame?

From here only 2 possibilities, either the message was wrong (meaning, it was meant to say something else, but failed) or (if the message is correct) the game mechanics were broken (meaning, the banana had to drop but failed because of some bug).

And now the conclusion:
In a hindsight it doesn't matter, which one of those 2 possibilities was true. Even if it was the message that was faulty, MA still has to take responsibility and pay up according to the message as it was posted ingame.

Where's the ambiguity here? Afaik, there's no ambiguity, it's all very simple. :smoke:

First, A=B is not true, there is nothing in the sign saying that you will have a banana after 5000 kills. Nothing absolutly nothing no matter what logic or math is used.

Second why should we forget the associations like amber? From start there has been stated that he didnt feel anything was wrong because you dont always have counters on cyrene, without that association he wouldnt be in this situation. So it seems fair he should also be aware that there may be an item that you wouldnt have looted within the number of kills needed. And therefore again A=B not true

Third, its obvious that nothing is simple or clear, if it had been there would have been no arguments against it.

Players have responsibility as well, most of all when playing on a freaking halfdead alphastage (or in best case beta) planet.

Everyone is always trying to get and edge in this game and sometimes it bites you in the.. nose :yup:

First, A=B is not true, there is nothing in the sign saying that you will have a banana after 5000 kills. Nothing absolutly nothing no matter what logic or math is used.

Second why should we forget the associations like amber? From start there has been stated that he didnt feel anything was wrong because you dont always have counters on cyrene, without that association he wouldnt be in this situation. So it seems fair he should also be aware that there may be an item that you wouldnt have looted within the number of kills needed. And therefore again A=B not true

Third, its obvious that nothing is simple or clear, if it had been there would have been no arguments against it.

[bla bla bla]
Right. All the Swedish patriots, unite!!! :tongue2:

Oh, by the way, I have more trust in this game than you. I can prove it.
The way you desperately try to defend MA from their greedy ungrateful playerbase shows you don't really trust their ability to defend themselves.

I have no doubt they have some pretty smart decisionmakers in there house (otherwise they wouldn't still be here after all these years). Therefore i don't try to sit on both chairs. I simply present our case, and let MA find the best way out.

Now, who's the bigger patriot actually? ;)

PS: Your logic sucks. :cool:

Reactions: SHY
A = C
B = C

If so, we can also say:
IF A=C AND B=C THEN A=B

This is where you are entirely wrong, A does not equal C. You are given C if you have A.
Same for B, you are given C if you have B.

A & B are independant. You do not require A if you have B to get C. Also you do not requre B if you have A. As each gives you C.

There is another problem with the logic, as it doesnt say how you get A, it just says recieve Banana, but how?

To say A = C, is the same as saying a Banana is the same as a deed....it is not, having a banana gives you a deed. Therefore, C is dependent but not equal to A or B.

Rgds

Ace

Support told me to get bent no deed or compensation, waiting to see what planet partner says.

Nice reply,next time before kill something send a support and ask what bug,glitch or broken mission is on it....They are killing whats left of this game...

I will reserve my thoughts and actions awaiting contact from whoever the planet partner is to resolve this properly.

Support told me to get bent no deed or compensation, waiting to see what planet partner says.

I thought MA had taken over NI? If not, then I hope whomever is the planetpartner get's on the case smartly...

If a High Street company advertised a special deal on an item but failed to mask it off until the due date, or put a splash banner across the display stating the start date, they would have no choice in law but make good on the offer to customers. In what way is this any different. I think MA should take a long hard look at rules regarding false advertising and unfair trading, whether the fault was originally theirs or the PP, the ultimate responsibility for this game rests with them. It is their name on the tin

If a High Street company advertised a special deal on an item but failed to mask it off until the due date, or put a splash banner across the display stating the start date, they would have no choice in law but make good on the offer to customers. In what way is this any different. I think MA should take a long hard look at rules regarding false advertising and unfair trading, whether the fault was originally theirs or the PP, the ultimate responsibility for this game rests with them. It is their name on the tin

Quite right! Also, the ToU we all "ok" before entering EU cannot overide law. I belive Sweden has quite good consumer protection laws, as does the USA.

There isn't a planet partner but you could try having a word with neverdie. It is a Longshot though.

This thread makes me think about the wonderful song that seems most appropriate..

This shit is bananas! B A N A N A S!

Okay maybe not but the thread puts this song in my head.

There isn't a planet partner but you could try having a word with neverdie. It is a Longshot though.

My support response specifically said it was forwarded to the planet partner for action. I have requested this planet partners information pending my future actions.

My support response specifically said it was forwarded to the planet partner for action. I have requested this planet partners information pending my future actions.

Standard answer but there isn't a planet partner. It is in default. Perhaps it is just a separate wing of ma.

That is probably true in that case. However if a company makes a typo in their advertisment or something like that which leads to the deal becoming "too good to be true" the company has the right the rewoke the offer and reverse the trade (or charge more for the product).

This was actually the case a few years ago in Sweden when someone bought loads of computer parts from a company that had made a typo on their website. He lost and either he had to pay the "true" price or hand the products back.

Im not saying that either your hypothetical case or the one I presented applies to this specific case, but it certainly isnt super easy to draw a conclusion on what it is right here.

Every now and again, on a regular basis, MA screws up, a PP screws up, or a combination of both.
Sometimes the type of error is familiar - but sometimes we enter new territory.

For the last few years I have been observing that never-alpha beta-puberty planet fairly close to Calypso. It has massive mission chains on it, with no clearly stated reward for finishing - and apparently sometimes no means of finishing either until something or other is introduced, fixed etc.
Recently, this 'entrapment' in chains which you know not the end of (=where they will lead/how much they will cost) has expanded. The galactic mission anyone??? Bidding on stables would be another one of these 'risks' that some people have taken. Or even plots of land that have a cost, but absolutely unknown functions and further costs associated with them. I guess I could go back as far to the times of being 'hussked' as well. Big risks with absolutely NO idea what may happen, even possibly a no-looter!

So, does this mean that it is ok for people to follow event details on a sign in game and get 'banana-ed'? No, it doesn't, and I consider the examples from the past and present above to be unprofessional too.

In short - MA accept responsibility for mistakes, give an acceptable reward/compensation and do more to make sure such mistakes do not happen again!

_______
On the point of language skills, MA is actually VERY exact when it wants to be. They have nuances between words such as forthcoming and upcoming, for example.
On other occassions they thank people for their 'inquiry' [sic]. I can usually tell if MA text has been past proof readers who know exactly what the text is supposed to mean (and this can include subtle clues which put non-native speakers very much at a disadvantage). However, even these texts don't always end up error-free...

Every now and again, on a regular basis, MA screws up, a PP screws up, or a combination of both.
Sometimes the type of error is familiar - but sometimes we enter new territory.

For the last few years I have been observing that never-alpha beta-puberty planet fairly close to Calypso. It has massive mission chains on it, with no clearly stated reward for finishing - and apparently sometimes no means of finishing either until something or other is introduced, fixed etc.
Recently, this 'entrapment' in chains which you know not the end of (=where they will lead/how much they will cost) has expanded. The galactic mission anyone??? Bidding on stables would be another one of these 'risks' that some people have taken. Or even plots of land that have a cost, but absolutely unknown functions and further costs associated with them. I guess I could go back as far to the times of being 'hussked' as well. Big risks with absolutely NO idea what may happen, even possibly a no-looter!

So, does this mean that it is ok for people to follow event details on a sign in game and get 'banana-ed'? No, it doesn't, and I consider the examples from the past and present above to be unprofessional too.

In short - MA accept responsibility for mistakes, give an acceptable reward/compensation and do more to make sure such mistakes do not happen again!

_______
On the point of language skills, MA is actually VERY exact when it wants to be. They have nuances between words such as forthcoming and upcoming, for example.
On other occassions they thank people for their 'inquiry' [sic]. I can usually tell if MA text has been past proof readers who know exactly what the text is supposed to mean (and this can include subtle clues which put non-native speakers very much at a disadvantage). However, even these texts don't always end up error-free...

Get real people
I am still waiting on useable land area deeds from next island that I bought and got scammed on.

Time for a long break from this circus of bs!!

Last edited:
Back