Next Island known issues

Human Error...

My personal assessment is that MA intended for someone to loot the banana after so many Bruce's had been killed...let's say 100k(but not by any single individual) but a number that seems reasonable for getting an LA. What they intended for the rules to say was that one must loot the banana AND kill 5k Bruce. Since all loot drops are formulaic and theoretically random....it would be possible for someone to come and kill one Bruce...loot a banana and go claim the deed with banana in inventory. The purpose of this was to prevent just that from happening by requiring also 5k Bruces. They may not have even calculated that there was only one mob with capability of one person to kill at a time or that multiple people would be KS the Bruce and thus limit the total # of Bruces killed to a point that someone could reach 5k without receiving the banana.

I have rewritten the rules to make it perfectly clear how the event is to be handled:

"Bruce Challenge Rules and Information

One first to the banana receive while peaking into their support case and having banana in an inventory gets dead to the Warriors Peak

Bruce will most likely be Have in future estates and will on property stay probably

Rules, there are none but only one(or two), one first to best Burce 5k thousand times and a case of supporting to be mailed by first class mail through the Postal Service of Botswana claiming the dead gets it if they follow the rules or not.

Go beat Bruce."

That should resolve the confusion. You are welcome!

Brick

And now for something completely different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6674ozx16D0

The contest is for a SHOP with only 30 item points. Everything you said is wrong if you're not even sure what the award is. You're only running on less than a fraction of the information here if you don't even know the reward.

Only going to create more confusion by half-assing information, not resolve any.

The contest is for a SHOP with only 30 item points. Everything you said is wrong if you're not even sure what the award is. You're only running on less than a fraction of the information here if you don't even know the reward.

Only going to create more confusion by half-assing information, not resolve any.

So where was this information previously posted ?

The reward...

...is irrelevant to the problem being discussed. You could sub in LA, estate, shop, jelly bean and the problem remains the same. Being amazingly dense isn't helping the situation either. I'm everything if wrong is ok I said.

Cheers,

Brick

Hmm....finally something MA can do to not let down it's customers. Will they do that ? Time will show.

Fact is 5000 Bruce's were beaten...it is really simple like that. MA must not realise how trust is important in this bussiness. They are doing everything they can to allow bad PR flood internet, and they wonder why their annual sales is lower each year :laugh:

Even tiny and big company, which screwed something, and there is little chance that this screw up will be draged out on sunlight understand that it need do anything to repair that fail, please and sorry all customers involved. Thats why Toyota is replacing airbags in hundreds tousands of cars. They are responsible and trustworthy.

MA has easy decision here as comunity is so tight that almost everyone will get noticed about it and few pixels here or there ( in form of deed f.e. :p ) cost them nothing.

Not giving this guy deserved reward will be another thing showing that MA word mean nothing. MA must know that every depositor before depositing is asking himself a question if his money are safe in hands of company which words mean nothing.

...is irrelevant to the problem being discussed. You could sub in LA, estate, shop, jelly bean and the problem remains the same. Being amazingly dense isn't helping the situation either. I'm everything if wrong is ok I said.

Cheers,

Brick
If you cannot even comprehend the instructions enough to understand the reward, you are too ignorant to understand the contest. Thus you shouldn't be trying to give instructions or trying to make it 'less confusing' as you don't know what you're talking about at all.

Point being: When you tried to make it about PED assuming it was for a land area.

My personal assessment is that MA intended for someone to loot the banana after so many Bruce's had been killed...let's say 100k(but not by any single individual) but a number that seems reasonable for getting an LA. What they intended for the rules to say was that one must loot the banana AND kill 5k Bruce. Since all loot drops are formulaic and theoretically random....it would be possible for someone to come and kill one Bruce...loot a banana and go claim the deed with banana in inventory. The purpose of this was to prevent just that from happening by requiring also 5k Bruces.

Your false assumption of the prize affected your judgement, as seen above. Thus everything you said is incorrect due to the fact you assume a certain amount of ped was to be spent, etc, assuming the reward was valuable and not a 30 item point shop on a dead planet.

For me it's apparent from the message that the Banana is kind of a token that should have been given upon the first 5000th kill to be later replaced with the deed by the support. There isn't a word that the Banana should be looted in process or acquired some other way. I don't see any different interpretations. One banana, one winner, one deed. The message is fine but someone forgot to switch on the reward - which isn't Wildman's fault, he still won it.

It's not the only thing they forgot. Where are the new iron challenges they supposedly have added?

For me it's apparent from the message that the Banana is kind of a token that should have been given upon the first 5000th kill to be later replaced with the deed by the support. There isn't a word that the Banana should be looted in process or acquired some other way. I don't see any different interpretations. One banana, one winner, one deed. The message is fine but someone forgot to switch on the reward - which isn't Wildman's fault, he still won it.

It's not the only thing they forgot. Where are the new iron challenges they supposedly have added?

We should wonder why it was so poorly written by MA for us to have to use logic to make sense of it all.

Like i said before it can be read is several ways, your way was the logical one.

If we can keep using that logical trail of thoughts shouldn´t one wonder how to keep track of 5k kills,
wouldn´t it be easier for a counter to be present then MA having to go though all the logs of every participant that killed Bruce, i could go on.

Ps. Where is the official statement by MA anywhere of this ongoing event besides the sign post in game.

GIVE THE MAN A FUCKING :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Seriously if its broken enough to make an update that its broken and one guy really fought his ass through this on a broken planet and wants a shop there and maybe even can bring some more attention to the planet.......just give him a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Cheers,

Brick

Lmfao, Brick is mad!

If you had half my intelligence...you would have gotten the post and also read into what MA wanted to do...We'll see when they correct it and I am right and you become aware of the stupid moron that you are...

Cheers,

Brick

Dude can't even read and assumes the contest is for a land area and basis his post on that, then gets mad at me for pointing out he is wrong. Even resorts to name calling. Hilarious haha.

This sounds so much like someone...

Lmfao, Brick is mad!

Dude can't even read and assumes the contest is for a land area and basis his post on that, then gets mad at me for pointing out he is wrong. Even resorts to name calling. Hilarious haha.

...who was recently banned...

cheers

Brick

btw...the only thing clear in this entire thread is that nothing is clear and since you can't grasp that you can put your dunce cap on now...but you've been wearing it since yesterday haven't you?...or continue making fun of everyone else's confusion as well T...nice try tho!

Brick

Warrior peaks estate is a shop with 30 item points. It says in the original post and all images and the contest info.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=302168

It is to the point. If you cannot even read the reward how can you read the details and expect to understand it.

Yes that sign is to the point but where did I say I couldnt read the reward or not understand anything?
What I asked was, where was the information about this event previously posted by MA ?
Was it on a forum somewhere or did someone at Warrior peaks pick up on this and jump on it?

Normally MA will announce this sort of event prior to it happening to maximise their revenue on it, all the OP here says is that:

The mission Bruce challenge is currently not active, any kills at this time will not count to a reward.
Please see future release notes for further updates on this situation.

:scratch2:

Yes that sign is to the point but where did I say I couldnt read the reward or not understand anything?
What I asked was, where was the information about this event previously posted by MA ?
Was it on a forum somewhere or did someone at Warrior peaks pick up on this and jump on it?

Normally MA will announce this sort of event prior to it happening to maximise their revenue on it, all the OP here says is that:

The mission Bruce challenge is currently not active, any kills at this time will not count to a reward.

No this was only posted on the 2 signs in game, I checked all forums and tried to even Google it. At the same time I am looking at an active mission board in game with no post any were also stating it also wasn't active yet. As I stated in previous post this was an active board with the active mob standing right there, this event wasn't designed to be a mass event as ONLY 1 MOB SPAWNED at a time. This could have been resolved somehow between MA and myself if they had even bothered to respond to my support case. Instead 1 week after they issue a "known Issue" update that should have been included if they actually knew in the VU update posted a week ago.

Please future posters don't post if you haven't read all the post above your repeating stuff that was already posted.

ty for that Wildman , in that case that sign should not have even been there if this event was not "live and running " and you deserve your reward :)

Wait so you kill 5/6k mobs, after only that you will be certain there is a bug and only then bring it forth to the forum?

The issue was raised because of not getting what the grind was supposed to deliver, what i am trying to figure out is should he have stopped when there was no counter present.

I don't know what you're on about, there are lots of missions where the counter doesn't display.

Reactions: EMW
ty for that Wildman , in that case that sign should not have even been there if this event was not "live and running " and you deserve your reward :)

My point exactly, and nothing from MA stated it wasn't until 2 days after my unanswered support case, just to find this thread. Many including Taco who posted in EMW's thread gratzing me thought it was a live mission as they found it as well, some debated kill stealing me to throw me off but they were good entropians and let us be.

This mission didn't have a counter :cool:

thats exactly what i thought it meant when i was reading the sign the first time in the other thread...

i really can't understand why MA fucks up almost every time...

As usually MA akts first and Thinks after.............:dunce:

Last edited:
First a couple of comments:

That mission text doesn't 'feel' like a MindArk written one (unless they've just hired a new writer). It reminds me more of the text of the original NI missions (before AG was added), which I think were written by Neverdie's early development team.

The 'relocation' of the CND server from NI over to Rocktropia, this mission, and the change to AG (also referred to in the mission text), make it clear that something is currently going on with the development of NI, but it's not all that clear just who is behind it.

Has MindArk finally taking over the 'abandoned' project?
Was David Post back again temporarily, trying to make the place more saleable?
Has David Post already sold his interest in NI to another dev group? If so, who are they?
And when will someone get around to telling the players about what's going on with the ownership, if it's changed?

Having made an official announcement on their website though, it's clear that MindArk are aware of an issue with the mission. They've also said they'll announce more at a later time. With a further PP patch release due this week, it may not be too long until we hear more from them about this.

/mod note/ In the meantime, please don't get over-excited and wound up about what may or may not happen.
In particular, please don't be abusive toward other players or forum members - or MindArk for that matter.
Make constructive comments, not destructive ones.

First a couple of comments:

That mission text doesn't 'feel' like a MindArk written one (unless they've just hired a new writer). It reminds me more of the text of the original NI missions (before AG was added), which I think were written by Neverdie's early development team.

The 'relocation' of the CND server from NI over to Rocktropia, this mission, and the change to AG (also referred to in the mission text), make it clear that something is currently going on with the development of NI, but it's not all that clear just who is behind it.

Has MindArk finally taking over the 'abandoned' project?
Was David Post back again temporarily, trying to make the place more saleable?
Has David Post already sold his interest in NI to another dev group? If so, who are they?
And when will someone get around to telling the players about what's going on with the ownership, if it's changed?

Having made an official announcement on their website though, it's clear that MindArk are aware of an issue with the mission. They've also said they'll announce more at a later time. With a further PP patch release due this week, it may not be too long until we hear more from them about this.

/mod note/ In the meantime, please don't get over-excited and wound up about what may or may not happen.
In particular, please don't be abusive toward other players or forum members - or MindArk for that matter.
Make constructive comments, not destructive ones.

OBVIOUSLY! you didn't read all the post above, all your questions are answered in previous post. When your done reading previous post let me know and I will answer whatever questions you may still have.

Read to pg 8, then had enough ffs. I've never seen a stamina mission HOWEVER. I HAVE SEEN YEARLY MM MISSIONS, where you keep your own time BUT SO DOES MA. So it's very possible to have a mission without kill counter.

I VOTE PAY THAT GRINDER HIS PRIZE!

GIVE WILDMAN HIS DUE.

LB

OBVIOUSLY! you didn't read all the post above, all your questions are answered in previous post. When your done reading previous post let me know and I will answer whatever questions you may still have.

Feel free to post a link to where an explicit announcement is made about exactly who is behind the changes to NI.
All I've read so far is speculation based on fairly slim evidence.

Feel free to post a link to where an explicit announcement is made about exactly who is behind the changes to NI.
All I've read so far is speculation based on fairly slim evidence.

www.nextisland.com

It clearly shows MA is controlling it as it points all new members back to Calypso to join. The post for the event not actually being an event was also posted in Entropia Planets, MA controlled. Do you really need a post saying so and so owns it? I don't care who owns it, I saw along with many other an event board in game and I took on the challenge only to complete the challenge and be told get bent publicly. It was posted in other threads I was grinding the mission and MA did nothing until 2 days after my support case asking wtf, I know I am well over 5k kills what's the deal.

Sorry if I am a bit harsh just tired of people trying to point a finger at me like I did something wrong, I wasn't the only one out there under the impression this was an active mission. From other players debating to Kill Steal (no rules so they can) to a support team of fapers to keep me shooting without worrying about healing.

As far as I am concerned who owns NI is off topic from the subject at hand. What is going to be done about Wildman and crew who grinded a mission for about 100 hours and got nothing but oh sorry you can't have it. We can't admit we made a mistake either though this was a "Known Issue" a week ago but we didn't tell you during the VU, enjoy your ped loss.

Thanks for all the fish!!!

What happened here was similar to someone putting an item on forum as an auction and they didn't get the bids they wanted for the item and refused to sell it to the winner. My ammo and decay being the bid, one guy wasn't enough.

The in-game sign was posted I played according to the information given to me and achieved the goal. Then I am informed by forums not my filed support case, well we screwed up it don't count. What next, sorry that HoF wasn't supposed to be a HoF we withdrew 10,000ped from your account??

Believe me killing the same single mob OVER AND OVER AND OVER took some strong belief this was a real and valid mission. This was by FAR the most boring week of my life and my helpers that I have ever lost wasting time here. Question to self do I continue, I am off to play another game back latter.

What happened here was similar to someone putting an item on forum as an auction and they didn't get the bids they wanted for the item and refused to sell it to the winner. My ammo and decay being the bid, one guy wasn't enough.

The in-game sign was posted I played according to the information given to me and achieved the goal. Then I am informed by forums not my filed support case, well we screwed up it don't count. What next, sorry that HoF wasn't supposed to be a HoF we withdrew 10,000ped from your account??

Believe me killing the same single mob OVER AND OVER AND OVER took some strong belief this was a real and valid mission. This was by FAR the most boring week of my life and my helpers that I have ever lost wasting time here. Question to self do I continue, I am off to play another game back latter.

This is disgusting!!

MA has reached new lvl of low moral. I support Wildman 100% in this case, and i suggest we all boycot this shit until fairness will be shown.

PS: Anyone taking MA´s side on this are clearly Mind Ark avatars.

That mission text /.../ reminds me more of the text of the original NI missions (before AG was added), which I think were written by Neverdie's early development team.
Interesting, that was my 1st impression also (althou everything else seems to contradict this version). But Wildman is right, it doesn't matter who exactly wrote the text. This text can only be understood one way, that's all that really matters. (Althou i respect all the different opinions, i've yet to see one post that could prove otherwise).

Same goes for the "counter problem". Imo, to assume if there's no visible counter then the whole mission suddenly becomes invalid, that's a really strange idea. That's like saying if u don't have a clock the time will stop. If MA wants to verify the facts they look at their logs. If the log shows 5k kills then that's it, counter or no counter.

Seems to me, it's MA turn now. Hope they make the right decision.

Interesting, that was my 1st impression also (althou everything else seems to contradict this version). But Wildman is right, it doesn't matter who exactly wrote the text. This text can only be understood one way, that's all that really matters. (Althou i respect all the different opinions, i've yet to see one post that could prove otherwise).

Same goes for the "counter problem". Imo, to assume if there's no visible counter then the whole mission suddenly becomes invalid, that's a really strange idea. That's like saying if u don't have a clock the time will stop. If MA wants to verify the facts they look at their logs. If the log shows 5k kills then that's it, counter or no counter.

Seems to me, it's MA turn now. Hope they make the right decision.

Just funny how it goes, reading something then creating your own interpetation of it, with all the info we have received from MA (none) regarding this event i must be a fool to wonder was the event officially released.

...who was recently banned...

cheers

Brick

btw...the only thing clear in this entire thread is that nothing is clear and since you can't grasp that you can put your dunce cap on now...but you've been wearing it since yesterday haven't you?...or continue making fun of everyone else's confusion as well T...nice try tho!

Brick

Says the guy who is trying to rewrite the contest how it should be. Wow the irony.

You don't see the reward mentioned? It says it right at the top...

Back