Why do we all turn a blind eye to all of the BS?

Raine

Provider
Society
cK Coat Killers
Alexia Raine Ashton
Alright, I understand that MA is a company, and companies need to make money, I've understood that since 2003. However, the ridiculous blatant things they do to maximize profit nowadays are unbelievable.

Take the strongboxes for example. If anyone has opened a fair share of these boxes, you know you now have hundreds or even thousands of PEDs worth of useless L rings in storage. All of these PEDs are now essentially just locked into the system because we can't TT them. It's exactly the same as when they introduced the insanely high min-TT UL SIB weapons.

In all honesty I'm mostly fine with that, but why can't we, for example, trade L rings or pills to other players. There is really absolutely no reason for it. If we were to sell these items to other players it would be their money paying for it, not coming out of MA's pocket. It's unacceptable.

Also, there is absolutely no reason for MOST old UL items to require level 100. Some people may think that you always had to be level 100 to max these weapons, even when we didn't know levels existed, but I'm fairly certain that is not true. I have thousands upon thousands of screenshots from 2003-2005 documenting average damage and hit rate while hunting with IMK2/MM. All this data was collected when I was between level 30-65. The last time I tried to use an IMK2 or MM was a few years ago and I missed almost every other shot. They most definitely adjusted hit/dmg.

I understand IMK2, MM, and other uber guns requiring level 100, that's fine. But something like an m2875? It's really damn stupid. What MA needs to do is spend some time going through all of the old UL weapons and setting real, rational level requirements.

Now here's the part you all may laugh at, but I'm right. We the players have the power here, if enough of us bitch and moan they can and will adjust some things. Anyone been around long enough to remember the IMK3 debacle? ;)

Can you imagine if a massive group of regular depositors rallied together and went on strike? How quickly would MA fix some of the ridiculous issues if they didn't have their cash flow coming in?

I don't think our demands are that unreasonable :p

Couple years ago they changed the max requirements on non sib to be less linear. By default, I think you are at 4.0. Being level 80 on the imk2 (apparently the tolerable point) happens around 68 or 70 now.

They aren't going to take away old weapons because that's not how the game operates. They could buy back and destroy but there's no reason to do so. As to the new Gravis and other things, this allows ark to get their brand out and have cheap ul options to the players. I'm doing an experiment to determine the impact of those weapons and whether or not this practice is scammy.

Needless to say there are thousands of sib options.. whether L or UL. The new weapons that are nonsib aren't for you or me.. they are for the fluske and linzeys out there that are way over L100 because their choices are very very limited and they in effect hit a wall much sooner than we do when it comes to being able to hunt comfortably at their level.

As to the L rings, you aren't paying attention to what MA has already said. There will be uses for these when they add decay and allow for the creation of superior rings and or amulets.

In all honesty I'm mostly fine with that, but why can't we, for example, trade L rings or pills to other players. There is really absolutely no reason for it. If we were to sell these items to other players it would be their money paying for it, not coming out of MA's pocket. It's unacceptable.

And even more Bullshit then that is why the hell can't we TT the damn things. I can understand making avatar bound shit but everything i mean everything should be tt'able. Even motherships, Planets you name it :D I bet Next Island would have been TT'ed a long time ago....

As to the L rings, you aren't paying attention to what MA has already said. There will be uses for these when they add decay and allow for the creation of superior rings and or amulets.

I've been paying attention to what MA says for 13 years :pP I've learned to take it with a grain of salt. Even so, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to TT them. It would be the same as depositing.

And even more Bullshit then that is why the hell can't we TT the damn things. I can understand making avatar bound shit but everything i mean everything should be tt'able. Even motherships, Planets you name it :D I bet Next Island would have been TT'ed a long time ago....

The only reason I can see for the pills/pets/rings not being TT'able is that, you pay $50, you get 500 ped TT value worth of crap. Whereas if you deposit $50, there's a fee.

Agreed. There are a lot of stupid guns at level 100 requirment.

Sure would be nice if they had lower (or more reasonable requirement). Some of those level 100 old school guns have level 100 requirement and they're not even eco.

As for this strongbox thing..... I feel the same way every time I open my storage and see that long row of (L) RINGS...... If I remember correctly MA mentioned something in a post about turning in multiple items (in regards to L rings etc) to create something better...
But haven't heard anything of that since..

I think they should stop the strongbox thing altogether or at least fix it so that we can put the rings and neuro booster things on auction and trade all with other players. Kinda silly how we can trade one of the boosters (A1 I think) and not trade any of the others.... and you can't even put it on auction, you can only trade.. what's up with that!?

You're right though. If enough of us bitch and moan eventually they will change it.. The whole idea is to keep us entertained and HAPPY.. WE are thier REVENUE.
without us they got nothing.........................................(omg MA... we're starting to think for ourselves)

so yeah of course they'll listen otherwise we walk the other way.

The only reason I can see for the pills/pets/rings not being TT'able is that, you pay $50, you get 500 ped TT value worth of crap. Whereas if you deposit $50, there's a fee.

That fee is transaction fee, it is not a MA surcharge. Visa, your bank, etc all take a piece of you moving that money to MA. If MA is taking a piece of that deposit fee it is very minimal if it exists at all.

I believe if you pay in webshop with visa or mastercard you get fee charges only paypal does not have a fee applied.

There's plenty of U SIB weaps, leave the non SIB at 100 as they are now.

Believe or not, not everyone at level 100 has the peds to buy MM or imk2. As a new member of the 100 club I've gained the benefit of a nice array of weapons that I can use at max without breaking the bank. If these lvl100 weaps were all maxed at lower skill levels I would have had little reason to keep skilling.

I've been paying attention to what MA says for 13 years :pP I've learned to take it with a grain of salt. Even so, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to TT them. It would be the same as depositing.

If you did truly, then you would have known the non sib weapons have already been adjusted.

As for the TT part, there are reasons why you can't and there are further reasons why you shouldnt. I agree that you should have this option, but ma has been laying the framework down this week to encourage cycling to shift how they make themselves solvent.

And I call BS to your 13 year assertion mr. 9000 total loot. Unless this is an alt and you are telling us you violated the eula.

Most of my loot came from long before there was any kind of tracker :p

As for the TT part, there are reasons why you can't and there are further reasons why you shouldnt. I agree that you should have this option, but ma has been laying the framework down this week to encourage cycling to shift how they make themselves solvent.

Even if they are laying down future framework the items should still be tt'able. You should have choice to TT them or keep them to wait for the framework, it should not be a force action to have tens, hundreds and who knows thousands just stack on FOMA, Crystal Palace or wherever storage and can not do a damn thing with them.

Total Bullshit as the OP stated.

"When the players fear their MA, there is tyranny; when the MA fears their players, there is liberty." ~Thomas Jeffersnable

Could you elaborate on this? I'm curious

When the IMK3 first dropped it was utterly horrible, it was slow, terrible eco, etc. It made no sense that the improved version of the mk2 was great but the improved version of the mk3 sucks. So after complaints from some of the reputable players of the time, MA changed the stats. OFC it's still not as good as the IMK2 :p

When the IMK3 first dropped it was utterly horrible, it was slow, terrible eco, etc. It made no sense that the improved version of the mk2 was great but the improved version of the mk3 sucks. So after complaints from some of the reputable players of the time, MA changed the stats. OFC it's still not as good as the IMK2 :p

Makes you wonder what has changed since then. Is it MA that changed? Or has the playerbase just become less united and more apathetic?

Also, there is absolutely no reason for MOST old UL items to require level 100. Some people may think that you always had to be level 100 to max these weapons, even when we didn't know levels existed, but I'm fairly certain that is not true. I have thousands upon thousands of screenshots from 2003-2005 documenting average damage and hit rate while hunting with IMK2/MM. All this data was collected when I was between level 30-65. The last time I tried to use an IMK2 or MM was a few years ago and I missed almost every other shot. They most definitely adjusted hit/dmg.

The thing you're forgetting here is the 'miss' message in chat is NEW. In your old screenshots only your hits show up, so you could miss 400 times and hit 3 times, and you'll think you got 3/3 :p

I have about 500ped of pills laying in storage, and I agree it should be possible to TT them.

Last edited:
The thing you're forgetting here is the 'miss' message in chat is NEW. In your old screenshots only your hits show up, so you could miss 400 times and hit 3 times, and you'll think you got 3/3 :p

Actually I counted the misses on each mob and said it in chat after I looted, for record. That was the whole point of my testing :p

One of the most illegal things this game has done is take deposits in exchange for PED value (boxes) but made some of the tt you get UNUSABLE.

The game simply can NOT give you 10 ped items that are not 10 ped in value. It undermines everything. Even the bound armors like vice and stolen have a tt value you can get back.

By them giving us 10,000 (maybe more) L rings that can't be tt'ed, they just did the NUMBER ONE thing that a RCE should NEVER do.

They gave you ped value for a deposit, and that ped value is useless. It is just like taking normal deposits and giving 80% ped back after fees.

It is disgusting.

One of the most illegal things this game has done is take deposits in exchange for PED value (boxes) but made some of the tt you get UNUSABLE.

The game simply can NOT give you 10 ped items that are not 10 ped in value. It undermines everything. Even the bound armors like vice and stolen have a tt value you can get back.

By them giving us 10,000 (maybe more) L rings that can't be tt'ed, they just did the NUMBER ONE thing that a RCE should NEVER do.

They gave you ped value for a deposit, and that ped value is useless. It is just like taking normal deposits and giving 80% ped back after fees.

It is disgusting.

How many boxes have you opened?

Even if they are laying down future framework the items should still be tt'able. You should have choice to TT them or keep them to wait for the framework, it should not be a force action to have tens, hundreds and who knows thousands just stack on FOMA, Crystal Palace or wherever storage and can not do a damn thing with them.

Total Bullshit as the OP stated.

I do agree.. I'm just saying they are working on something. The same goes for all the starter pack stuff.

Maybe because game developers tend to listen to undeserved praise over well deserved criticism. Unfortunately there is an over abundance of the former in nearly every game. No matter what horrible decision the developer makes and implements, there are people who will rush to the forums and try to justify and defend these things so the developer doesn't have to. They just sit back and say, "Look, the players are really happy about having only universal ammo as loot, even for mining and crafting. No need to change it back!"

I agree that they should at least be TT'able. I was doing an inventory count yesterday and I have 850 ped of Y pills, 910 of X and 116 L rings I don't use. Over 2500 ped I can't do anything with.

The rings I sorta understand since they want to implement something new, the question is, will they be sellable once that is implemented? Also, how long will that even take?

I agree that they should at least be TT'able. I was doing an inventory count yesterday and I have 850 ped of Y pills, 910 of X and 116 L rings I don't use. Over 2500 ped I can't do anything with.

The rings I sorta understand since they want to implement something new, the question is, will they be sellable once that is implemented? Also, how long will that even take?

You don't use the X? that's PEWPEW :p

Its slightly better than Improved Ares ring. Not worth it to me, would rather be able to sell to players or tt. Or I guess wait for stacked buffs, but that's probably a long time from now

I remember MA saying once about robot wars "We didn't make you shoot the robots" (it's in an old thread here somewhere).

Anyway smiling as I say it "MA didn't ask people to open 1000's of boxes either"

I did $50 worth to try it, the main reason I didn't do more, is the shop only takes dollars and banks now sting for different currencies to pay for their mistakes during the financial crash. (in game depo is various currencies).

Even so after $50 that was enough for me, I bought some unl-rings direct from auction.

You have to be careful, because MA will turn on the decay feature to burn up the L rings if you complain too much. Shame you can't tt them though. Don't let me say later, that I told you so.

Rick

How many boxes have you opened?

over 2k, and not a single rare :/

Also, to other, I am not complaining about the boxes...I like them...I just don't like MA holding my ped hostage with this stuff you cant tt.

Last edited:
You have to be careful, because MA will turn on the decay feature to burn up the L rings if you complain too much. Shame you can't tt them though. Don't let me say later, that I told you so.

Rick

You won't have to, as MA has already said it was going to change.

If they decay I don't GAF anyhow, but let us be able to tt them. I just want to be able to use the 1400 ped tied up in shit un-tt-able L rings.

You won't have to, as MA has already said it was going to change.

If they decay I don't GAF anyhow, but let us be able to tt them. I just want to be able to use the 1400 ped tied up in shit un-tt-able L rings.

Damn 140 L rings, yeah that's a problem. I hear ya.

Rick

I have over 1000 hrs of skill pills. :>

Back