Speed exploit or Positional geometry?

Only time an intercept course works is if your position is closer to their destination.

If he was headed to cyrene SW sphere entry from caly ss and you were on his left, it wouldn't work because the distance to the intended destination would be greater, so he'd actually out distance you over time. It's all about the distance needed to travel and plotting a more efficient course.

I chased a pirate from ark ss, and only caught him near gordons belt because because my course was shorter distance to his destination. So even with a slightly truer course, it does take time to close that gap, made it half way to foma before getting close enough to shoot.

But honestly I'd bank that xane used the exploit, but that's just me knowin the guy.

Only time an intercept course works is if your position is closer to their destination

100% false as demonstrated in every illustration posted in this thread. Man I thought you at least understood this concept spending as much time in space as you do. Why would I need to be closer to my targets destination than them just to get into gunning range? I'm not trying to beat them to their destination lol.

But honestly I'd bank that xane used the exploit, but that's just me knowin the guy.

You really don't know me dude....I know you want to but you don't.:pimp:

Why would I need to be closer to my targets destination than them just to get into gunning range? I'm not trying to beat them to their destination lol.

It's funny you say this, since you're still using the hack this week to get close enough to shoot.

I killed [Me Really Never] today and he says hes making a support case to get me banned for speed exploit.
He said he was recording so hopefully he posts it.

Let me explain the concept of an intercept with this illustration

wZVxvye.jpg

Fig.1 the two planes are flying parallel and therefor the distance between them is constant.

Fig.2 the intercepting plane's flight path is on a course that will eventually cross the other planes flight path and therefore the distance between them will decrease until their flight paths cross. OFC this is only 2D but the principles are the same in a 3D environment.

So this is why I can be "behind" you and out of range and yet it's still possible to catch you. I'll say this again to everyone as I said to [Me Really Never] stop wasting supports time with your stupidity.

This is fine in theory. But unless you can calculate intercept point in your head just by looking at the screen, AND the condition that both ships move in a perfect straight line, I call it a bad excuse.

This is fine in theory. But unless you can calculate intercept point in your head just by looking at the screen, AND the condition that both ships move in a perfect straight line, I call it a bad excuse.

There is not ONE intercept point - it is not even an 'intercept' as such. It is a range of possible flying angles. You don't need to calculate it consciously either, just watch your screen with a bit of 'intuition'. There are indications to help you....
Flying straight - well the pirate can decide to, that's one, and the victim often does so without changing angle first because of not understanding what we have been talking about here....

YEjO9Cd.png

:smash:

Not necessarily. Space is not exactly what it seems to be... I believe anyone who relies on visual impression (what you can see) and not reason (maths/geometry) will get fooled.
Most people don't know this controversy exists, but... let me explain.

Grab your tinfoil hats folks, here comes the EU Space Conspiracy Theory of the Century! :cool:

Every good theory is based on some empirical evidence. Good starting point is space walk. Walking speed should be extremely slow compared to a vehicle like quad, right? That's common sense, there should be difference by a magnitude. On the planet all vehicles are faster than fastest avatars on foot, but inside atmosphere spaceships have to go slower. In Space they can go at full speed, much faster than planetside - not to speak compared to the measly walking speed. Right?

And here comes our first clue. Walking speed in space is about the same as quad's speed. I don't know if it's possible to outrun a quad but in reality both speeds are more or less the same. Bummer! ;)
This is something that defies common sense, so we shouldn't be able to find it out. To prevent this the Space server(s) constantly checks if:
Code:
If not:
  1. Immobilize
  2. Start a timer and kill this avatar (before he finds out! :))
  3. Respawn on SS, privateer or MS
  4. Return the vehicle (quad or sleip) to the Inventory
  5. Release the immobilizer (you can walk again)

How to test space walk?

No system is perfect, sometimes the server check (described above) fails. Usually while crossing the server border or when you drop out of the game and reconnect. On FOMA/CP it's easy to replicate, just relog while in dome and you're standing outside on it's roof. Regretfully that's really no use to us here, 'cuz it doesn't give you floating open space walk experience. I don't know how to bypass the server checks in open Space intentionally. Sometimes it just happens.

So, anyway, we have established that in Space, all speeds are actually many times slower than they appear to be. But they appear to be incredibly fast! How's the illusion achieved?
Very simple. On 2D screen all that gives you impression of speed is the relative size of objects and how fast it changes when you get closer:

• If you move slowly: object gets bigger slowly but constantly.
  • If you move fast: object stays the same very long and once you are very close suddenly gets bigger very fast.
This is all you need to create an illusion of super fast movement speed and huge distances. Add some bells and whistles, a speed counter that shows astronomic units flashing by at blinding speed... and make sure there is no way to compare the speed to anything but other vehicle. Done.

I believe this Conspiracy is shared by all games that have Space component. It's not just EU, this is a true global conspiracy! :laugh:

Conclusions.
If above is true, the geometry in Space must also be fake. Not totally fake, mind you, just skewed a little.

realspace.jpg

Our DonQuiote in Space is imagining he's racing in the rocket ship at supersonic speeds while actually he's enjoying a nice slow ride in the park on he's antique bicycle.

Which means, managing the Space geometry using human eye may not be so impossible as it seemed before.

In the end, it doesn't matter if my theory is correct or not. It should at least succeed in one thing - making the first crack in our beliefs about whats real and whats not in a video game. Never believe what your eyes tell you unless you have tested it in practice! :yup:

(Hinduism says this is true not only in video games... lol)

It's funny you say this, since you're still using the hack this week to get close enough to shoot.

Unfounded accusation or are you waiting to post something to backup your claim? If you think about how many times I have been accused of cheating probably 2-3 times a day for 4 years not one person has ever recorded me? No evidence has ever been made public......I must be the greatest cheater ever!

Last edited:

Yeah that's pretty much what we do, like I've said before after you have done this ten thousand times you can do it intuitively.

Yeah that's pretty much what we do, like I've said before after you have done this ten thousand times you can do it intuitively.

I would say you will get the same result by just flying straight to the target, I think that is more or less what you are doing, even if you say you are "intecepting" them As long as the target don't fly in a stright line from you will close in on the target if you are fast enough to change the cource in the response to the target.

It's mostly the targets fault, not flying in a 180 degree angle stright oposite from the pirate, but maybe just 120 degree. Fly stright away from the pirate, do some small maneuvers now and then to make harder for the pirate to follow and target, but not too many and don't turn away too much from a stright line to the pirate. Of cource if you are very close to a planet or other safe heaven, go for that if the pirate is close by the safe heaven.

Unfounded accusation or are you waiting to post something to backup your claim? If you think about how many times I have been accused of cheating probably 2-3 times a day for 4 years not one person has ever recorded me? No evidence has ever been made public......I must be the greatest cheater ever!

Sure, I have evidence, and I've posted it as well.

I would say you will get the same result by just flying straight to the target

and you would be wrong.

You would not get any closer to your target then when you started.

Yeah it's hard to deny, that video tells it like it is....

Dammit you are too clever. I was hoping you would be like "WHAT VID??? WHERE??? WHATS THE LINKZ GAHHHHHH!"
And then I was going to link you to a video of me rubbing grape jelly on my feet.

Dammit you are too clever. I was hoping you would be like "WHAT VID??? WHERE??? WHATS THE LINKZ GAHHHHHH!"
And then I was going to link you to a video of me rubbing grape jelly on my feet.

Well I would like to see that jelly vid so......WHAT?!?!?!? WHAT VID?? I NEED!!?!? LINKZZZZZZZ!

Tame needs to be your genitals to get good youtube hits.

LOL mew geometry

I haven't lough so much for long time, XANE explanation is most dumb what i have seen in long time :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: . XANE need to go to school again and make review of Vectors . if 2 planes go the same speed, there is NO WAY to catch , and if catching plane make even longer way, then distance will increase , that's math. Only 2 ways it can decrease - if catching plane fly much faster, or running away plane fly under dome degree, so total run away way vector is smaller.
But come one its 9th class math exercise with vectors :D :D :D , how stupid need to be to make post to show incompetency and blame others.:D:D:cool::cool::cool::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:

I haven't lough so much for long time, XANE explanation is most dumb what i have seen in long time

And that deservse some of the very rar - REPs given by me.

You still call him dumb although the correctness of his statements is clearly proven in this thread, by several people (not only Xane himself).

READ it damit !

Interception course is possible, to get into fire range !!!

Well I don´t like pirates, so I don´t like Xane, but what I really hate is dumb people accusing others to be dumb !!!

I haven't lough so much for long time, XANE explanation is most dumb what i have seen in long time :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: . XANE need to go to school again and make review of Vectors . if 2 planes go the same speed, there is NO WAY to catch , and if catching plane make even longer way, then distance will increase , that's math. Only 2 ways it can decrease - if catching plane fly much faster, or running away plane fly under dome degree, so total run away way vector is smaller.
But come one its 9th class math exercise with vectors :D :D :D , how stupid need to be to make post to show incompetency and blame others.:D:D:cool::cool::cool::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge"...S Hawking

I think the threads speaks for itself, no need to argue this anymore.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge"...S Hawking

I've seen a different quote, which I prefer, in which the illusion of knowledge is described not as the greatest enemy of knowledge, but as the greatest obstacle to discover..[y].

Also attributed to someone else. I won't pretend to know where this rather interesting phrase actually came from originally ;), but this expression is so much neater IMHO than the name given to something similar: the Dunning-Kruger Effect. TY Daisy :yay:

Not necessarily. Space is not exactly what it seems to be... I believe anyone who relies on visual impression (what you can see) and not reason (maths/geometry) will get fooled.
Most people don't know this controversy exists, but... let me explain.

Grab your tinfoil hats folks, here comes the EU Space Conspiracy Theory of the Century! :cool:

Every good theory is based on some empirical evidence. Good starting point is space walk. Walking speed should be extremely slow compared to a vehicle like quad, right? That's common sense, there should be difference by a magnitude. On the planet all vehicles are faster than fastest avatars on foot, but inside atmosphere spaceships have to go slower. In Space they can go at full speed, much faster than planetside - not to speak compared to the measly walking speed. Right?

And here comes our first clue. Walking speed in space is about the same as quad's speed. I don't know if it's possible to outrun a quad but in reality both speeds are more or less the same. Bummer! ;)
This is something that defies common sense, so we shouldn't be able to find it out. To prevent this the Space server(s) constantly checks if:
Code:
If not:
  1. Immobilize
  2. Start a timer and kill this avatar (before he finds out! :))
  3. Respawn on SS, privateer or MS
  4. Return the vehicle (quad or sleip) to the Inventory
  5. Release the immobilizer (you can walk again)

How to test space walk?

No system is perfect, sometimes the server check (described above) fails. Usually while crossing the server border or when you drop out of the game and reconnect. On FOMA/CP it's easy to replicate, just relog while in dome and you're standing outside on it's roof. Regretfully that's really no use to us here, 'cuz it doesn't give you floating open space walk experience. I don't know how to bypass the server checks in open Space intentionally. Sometimes it just happens.

So, anyway, we have established that in Space, all speeds are actually many times slower than they appear to be. But they appear to be incredibly fast! How's the illusion achieved?
Very simple. On 2D screen all that gives you impression of speed is the relative size of objects and how fast it changes when you get closer:

• If you move slowly: object gets bigger slowly but constantly.
  • If you move fast: object stays the same very long and once you are very close suddenly gets bigger very fast.
This is all you need to create an illusion of super fast movement speed and huge distances. Add some bells and whistles, a speed counter that shows astronomic units flashing by at blinding speed... and make sure there is no way to compare the speed to anything but other vehicle. Done.

I believe this Conspiracy is shared by all games that have Space component. It's not just EU, this is a true global conspiracy! :laugh:

Conclusions.
If above is true, the geometry in Space must also be fake. Not totally fake, mind you, just skewed a little.

realspace.jpg

Our DonQuiote in Space is imagining he's racing in the rocket ship at supersonic speeds while actually he's enjoying a nice slow ride in the park on he's antique bicycle.

Which means, managing the Space geometry using human eye may not be so impossible as it seemed before.

In the end, it doesn't matter if my theory is correct or not. It should at least succeed in one thing - making the first crack in our beliefs about whats real and whats not in a video game. Never believe what your eyes tell you unless you have tested it in practice! :yup:

(Hinduism says this is true not only in video games... lol)

To me this post is the best from this benighted thread - and though other conclusions may be drawn from it, what I got is that things may not be as they seem.

And yes Xane, the thread speaks very clearly about the natures of the people posting in it.

Personally I can't make my mind up about pirates - are they predators or parasites?? Tigers or Tapeworms

I've seen a different quote, which I prefer, in which the illusion of knowledge is described not as the greatest enemy of knowledge, but as the greatest obstacle to discover..[y].

Also attributed to someone else. I won't pretend to know where this rather interesting phrase actually came from originally ;), but this expression is so much neater IMHO than the name given to something similar: the Dunning-Kruger Effect. TY Daisy :yay:

Your prefference is perfectly valid.....
"Illusion is the greatest obstacle to discover" > therefore > "illusion is the greatest enemy" hawking’s takes an obvious aggressive view here > i assume he implies one must be "determined" and therefore aggressive - someone else might choose patience, etc. The two lines could easily describe the steps in a process and so one cannot replace the other.

Dont worry about "who said it", most of these quotes are just regurgitations of what other lesser knowns have said in different ways. All very wise for the most part but still just a grand way of story telling < discovered that poetry class long ago :/

As for the he Dunning-Kruger Effect - It is one thing to insist on ignorance in the role play sense, but an entirely different beast when they dont know their own reality for sure. Seeing as celebs have taken the place of real heroes and legends in today’s society, here is John Cleese explaining the DK effect - Some of you will fall off your chairs watching this, yet still be seated > i insist :smoke:

Last edited:
and you would be wrong.

You would not get any closer to your target then when you started.

You would if the target is not flying stright from you.

Isn't space curved anyway? And this time malarkey, don't get me started on that.... ;)

Like this thread the red quad and the blue quad will all end up back where they started... Eventually ;)

Oh that reminds me of this song! On which case the blue quad wins...

You would if the target is not flying stright from you.

and if the target flew straight at you then you wouldn't even have to move.......let's try to remember the context of this thread.

and if the target flew straight at you then you wouldn't even have to move.......let's try to remember the context of this thread.

Yes that is correct, but you said that I was wrong I'm not. But It's more effective doing what you call "intercept", but I trying to point out is that I don't believe that is what you are doing because it would be near impossible managing that in the space in 3D with a target that can change cource. So I would say that in most cases you are just moving in the general direction of the target and that would put you closer to the target if the target is not moving stright from you. But as soon as the target is stright ahead and moving stright ahead you will not case up any more. Same principle as your "interception".

Back