Speed exploit or Positional geometry?

edit: by the way, the theoretical minimum distance IS the blue distance that you start with, but you would have to fly almost to infinity to achieve it. Losing a few units is much more realistic, as in the diagram.

What you mean is that as the angle of approach tends to 0 (parallel), the minimum distance tends to the initial distance (both along the axis of travel), which is correct.

I was thinking more of a formula in which the angle of approach is a variable.

You sound more believable making those comments than by attempting to sound logical :cheer:"

That's a great insight to your mind, you have a hard time processing logic but you respond very well to shit talk. :scratch2:

Back on topic!

So we can all agree that my original claim that it's possible to shorten the gap between you and your target if you take the proper intercept angle is totally possible.

Now let's remember all those smug basterds that laughed at me in the first couple of pages.

Unless your ship is flying faster than theirs, the distance between ships would actually increase using the flight path in FIG 2.

Signed: Geometry.

LOL Xane, failed in geometry? In Figure 2. there is no chance you would gain speed. If you guys would go the same speed, you would fall more behind.

It would only work for you, if YOU went parallel(not him), but according to your figure, thats not the case :)

Here, you can gain some knowledge:
https://www.mathsisfun.com/pythagoras.html

True:bandit:

you are a pretty good example of the american education system being one if not the worst of all first world countries. there is no physically possible way, not in 2d nor in 3d, that if someone is behind someone else and NOT in shooting range of his weapon can catch up a vehicle flying a straight line when both have the exact same maximum speed. there were no movements from me in any kind as i was not touching keyboard nor mouse.

but this heavy fail in geometry is just laughable. i allready knew he was stupid but this is some world class stupidity right there. pythagoras would die in shame if he he knew that.
the hypotenuse is allways longer than any of the other 2 sides. and the hypotenuse would be the side that would be needed to catch up. in ideal case the attacker ship is right behind on the same axis which means that a=c but that would also mean that he is never being able to catch up as the speed factor can be counted out as it is the same on both ships. ridicolous that i even have to explain this.

Last edited:
Back on topic!

So we can all agree that my original claim that it's possible to shorten the gap between you and your target if you take the proper intercept angle is totally possible.

Now let's remember all those smug basterds that laughed at me in the first couple of pages.

well i may have been wrong according to the topic (which is still not proven though) but at leats i know that you are not worth a single shit as a person and you will have to suffer your whole life because you will allways think everyone else is wrong. but fact is you are just an asshole and thats pretty much end of the story.

This is getting a bit old now. You do very good at finding ways to justify what you did wrong. Yes you did very good finding out that you could say it was angle and not you using the exploit here. The only issue with your new found theory is that, as angle sounds all good, you seem to forgot speed. The speed in witch you catch up to one has got to be the use of the exploit and not angle because angle simply would not give you that much more speed.

Anyway if you are banned don't get to mad over it all since MA could be recording the commands you send the server and doing such can easily look at the logs to see if you were using the map exploit or not.

How ever, space is a pain, how it is yet, and much boring too.

How ever, space is a pain, how it is yet, and much boring too.

Of course, why he spends so much time debating..nothing better to do in space :)

well i may have been wrong according to the topic

Wow that must have taken a lot to admit LOL

(which is still not proven though)

OMG everything that has been said and demonstrated in this thread and you still have the audacity to say it's not proven! If I say the earth is round are you going to go join the flat earth society?

but at leats i know that you are not worth a single shit as a person and you will have to suffer your whole life because you will allways think everyone else is wrong. but fact is you are just an asshole and thats pretty much end of the story.

So you accuse me of cheating multiple times in game(speed hacks/aiming hacks), report me to try and get me banned, tell me an idiot with no education, then it turns out you were the one that was mistaken on all accounts. After all this you want to say I'm the asshole?

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, was completely prepaid to do so when I started this thread as I hadn't yet done the math to support my claim. But it turned out yet once again I was right so no apology from me needed.

Don't get pissy when I rub your nose in it, no one said shit to you when you were bashing me for having a better understanding of the Pythagoras' theorem than you :dunce:

The only issue with your new found theory is that, as angle sounds all good, you seem to forgot speed. The speed in witch you catch up to one has got to be the use of the exploit and not angle because angle simply would not give you that much more speed.

The reason speed was not mentioned is because it's not a factor. In all the illustrations it's assumed both are traveling at the same speed and still the chasing ship can close the distance to its target using the techniques illustrated.

You obviously haven't got a grasp on whats been discussed here, you haven't done the math, you haven't tested this out, you haven't a clue. #Netlectual

Wow that must have taken a lot to admit LOL

OMG everything that has been said and demonstrated in this thread and you still have the audacity to say it's not proven! If I say the earth is round are you going to go join the flat earth society?

So you accuse me of cheating multiple times in game(speed hacks/aiming hacks), report me to try and get me banned, tell me an idiot with no education, then it turns out you were the one that was mistaken on all accounts. After all this you want to say I'm the asshole?

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, was completely prepaid to do so when I started this thread as I hadn't yet done the math to support my claim. But it turned out yet once again I was right so no apology from me needed.

Don't get pissy when I rub your nose in it, no one said shit to you when you were bashing me for having a better understanding of the Pythagoras' theorem than you :dunce:

ive admitted that i was wrong long before as u have allready even answered to that. but you still dont take ur "victory" but instead u wanne rub some dirt in everyones face. of course does that make you look like an asshole. and i say its not proven because yes, its theoretically possible. that doesnt mean it has been that way. using a wormhole for time travel is theoretically possible too. i still would doubt that it would work in reality. but do whatever you want and say whatever you want. you didnt let off any occasion to show that you are an asshole.

Dude - Xane - enough already - time end this thread budd - you already had the win here but this is overkill now with just the drunk clowns left out here still :dunce:

If I say the earth is round are you going to go join the flat earth society?

There's a lot of it going around at the moment: people who cannot stand being on the same side of an argument, apparently no matter what that argument is.....

However, when people actually work together, we sometimes find out more. In the brief time the two main 'contenders' here did so, we discovered a few things about apparent position and server position.

I would now quite like to know if anything useful is actually out of sync at the same time. Can the person with out of sync vision from mmmm-ing get any advance warning of what is ahead? That'd be fun :cool: Or is their vision range for other moving objects actually less? What I sort of mean is - can you fly ahead of yourself? ;)

There's a lot of it going around at the moment: people who cannot stand being on the same side of an argument, apparently no matter what that argument is.....

However, when people actually work together, we sometimes find out more. In the brief time the two main 'contenders' here did so, we discovered a few things about apparent position and server position.

I would now quite like to know if anything useful is actually out of sync at the same time. Can the person with out of sync vision from mmmm-ing get any advance warning of what is ahead? That'd be fun :cool: Or is their vision range for other moving objects actually less? What I sort of mean is - can you fly ahead of yourself? ;)

There are propositioned objects in the game, meaning they are always there and the server does not need to spawn them up on your game. If you glitched yourself far ahead of where the server has you positioned then its possible to see these propositioned objects before you are supposed to. But the dynamic objects such as mobs and other players will not appear to you until your position on the server calls for that to happen. So I would say all in all getting to far out of sync with your true position would put you at a disadvantage.

ive admitted that i was wrong long before as u have allready even answered to that. but you still dont take ur "victory" but instead u wanne rub some dirt in everyones face. of course does that make you look like an asshole. and i say its not proven because yes, its theoretically possible. that doesnt mean it has been that way. using a wormhole for time travel is theoretically possible too. i still would doubt that it would work in reality. but do whatever you want and say whatever you want. you didnt let off any occasion to show that you are an asshole.

Sorry I like to take enjoy my victories like a monkey on banana flavored cocaine.

GjWcv9Z.jpg

ctcQRy8.jpg

Dude - Xane - enough already - time end this thread budd - you already had the win here but this is overkill now with just the drunk clowns left out here still :dunce:

Yeah it's been time to close the thread for awhile GOD knows I can't stop from posting.

Like a dog returning to its vomit I would think.

Obviously floating about in the vacuum of space waiting to harass some players must be a but boring at present - plenty of time on your hands to verbally harass people instead.

Xane from me not knowing very much about pirates & pirating, I have certainly formed an opinion of yourself & pirates in general.

And how did I form this opinion - well you may be surprised to know its from your very own posts.
You and your few pirate supporters may think you are winning any arguments? here hands down - but actually you are just appearing as a bunch of douchebags. Aggressive, offensive & beneath it all pig ignorant.

Obviously you are very skilled at what you do - and despite all you are saying, it does look like you are using exploits for all they are worth to take unfair advantage.

What do they say; "In space no one can hear you scream" geez should be extended to no one can here pirates rabbit on & on & on - for no purpose other than to irritate people.

Like a dog returning to its vomit I would think.

Obviously floating about in the vacuum of space waiting to harass some players must be a but boring at present - plenty of time on your hands to verbally harass people instead.

Xane from me not knowing very much about pirates & pirating, I have certainly formed an opinion of yourself & pirates in general.

And how did I form this opinion - well you may be surprised to know its from your very own posts.
You and your few pirate supporters may think you are winning any arguments? here hands down - but actually you are just appearing as a bunch of douchebags. Aggressive, offensive & beneath it all pig ignorant.

Obviously you are very skilled at what you do - and despite all you are saying, it does look like you are using exploits for all they are worth to take unfair advantage.

What do they say; "In space no one can hear you scream" geez should be extended to no one can here pirates rabbit on & on & on - for no purpose other than to irritate people.

You'll notice I don't start out aggressive, it usually turns out that way because I get bombarded with lunacy from people like you and OZtwo. See I give you the benefit of thinking your of average to higher intelligence, but then you start saying moronic, illogical, idiotic things.

I think what I need to start doing is assuming about half the player base in the game/forum have the IQ of a walnut. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into a debate with someone from this game and they are saying the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Then I come to find out they have some sort of mental handicap and form that moment on I have no more issues with them.

So when I get aggressive with you and wont let you get away with saying stupid shit, take it as a compliment that I at least think you are intelligent enough to argue with. ;)

You'll notice I don't start out aggressive, it usually turns out that way because I get bombarded with lunacy from people like you and OZtwo. See I give you the benefit of thinking your of average to higher intelligence, but then you start saying moronic, illogical, idiotic things.

I think what I need to start doing is assuming about half the player base in the game/forum have the IQ of a walnut. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten into a debate with someone from this game and they are saying the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Then I come to find out they have some sort of mental handicap and form that moment on I have no more issues with them.

So when I get aggressive with you and wont let you get away with saying stupid shit, take it as a compliment that I at least think you are intelligent enough to argue with. ;)

maybe you should try and use a mirror to see what stupid fucking moronic shit you are talking about all day long. several threads here that you can take as an example.
you know whats the monumental difference between an animal and a human being? its the skill to reflect about yourself. seems you havent made this development yet.

maybe you should try and use a mirror to see what stupid fucking moronic shit you are talking about all day long. several threads here that you can take as an example.
you know whats the monumental difference between an animal and a human being? its the skill to reflect about yourself. seems you havent made this development yet.

Can you point to anything I have said that's not true or illogical in this thread? Since you conveniently left out any specific references :)

Shh.

This is for game support, not mob rule.

Have a pleasant game out there.

Can you point to anything I have said that's not true or illogical in this thread? Since you conveniently left out any specific references :)

just look at your whole thread where you cry about getting banned. that whole thread sums it up pretty well

just look at your whole thread where you cry about getting banned. that whole thread sums it up pretty well

So nothing specific for me to debate you on and make you look even more stupid, got it. Hey your starting to catch on, most people won't go head to head with me anymore either. The best you can do is call me names and run away.

While that seems to be correct what isn't so clear, or discussed or proven are a few discrepancies for example if the angle of intercept is small is it possible to get in range to shoot down an enemy? The distance gained would be too small or the intercept angle would tend towards infinity therefore making it unrealistic to shoot down an enemy.

When both ships are leaving a space station it's very likely that the intercept angle for the pirate ship would be too small to allow him to catch up and kill its target.

I.e. It all depends on the intercept angle and initial gap between the two ships if distance gap is large and intercept angle very low it doesn't seem to me to be feasible to be able to catch up.

Just a little bit to think on since this doesnt seem to want to die:

Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge… is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world. It requires profound purpose larger than the self kind of understanding.”
― Bill Bullard

Not aimed at anyone in particular but this thread, I think most will agree, has run its course.

:D

Reactions: San
While that seems to be correct what isn't so clear, or discussed or proven are a few discrepancies for example if the angle of intercept is small is it possible to get in range to shoot down an enemy? The distance gained would be too small or the intercept angle would tend towards infinity therefore making it unrealistic to shoot down an enemy.

When both ships are leaving a space station it's very likely that the intercept angle for the pirate ship would be too small to allow him to catch up and kill its target.

I.e. It all depends on the intercept angle and initial gap between the two ships if distance gap is large and intercept angle very low it doesn't seem to me to be feasible to be able to catch up.

You would be surprised to learn just how effective this technique is and the distances and time needed to be effective. OZtwo came up just to test if what I have said here was possible. He couldn't even believe it and accused me of exploiting during the test LOL.

Back