Category Poll 2018 Easter

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Since we don't have access to real data like MA does, a poll may give an indication.

I still wonder what was wrong with the xmas mayhem categories, that they had to be changed.
Personally I feel that it is impossible to compete for a lvl 105 to a lvl 150+ avatar in the competition (Solo Defence), and that this category is waay to wide stretched.

I think it would be fair if the categories were updated a bit, something like (25/40/55/70/85/100/115/130/145/145+)

So, in what category would you currently fall with the CURRENT mayhem categories of 25/35/45/55/65/75/85/95/105/105+ ?
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303094-Easter-Mayhem-2018-Preview

And do you feel motivated to compete in the solo defence with the current categories, and why?

somehow the poll doesn't work yet, working on it

I am in Cat 6 <75/ with 233 HP so it will be reduced to 220. I don't own anything with a base dps of 90, so I am not competing.

I even wonder if there are UL sib guns/melee/mindforce with base dps of 90 that can be held by a player with level 66/74.

It would be cool if this info was available on entropiawiki (Mindark's base dps)

Last edited:
cat 10 ofc but i still have less hp then 6 years ago lol

I'm in cat 10 and not competing due to lack of high end equipment not the lack of skills.

I fall into Cat8 (87 lvl) but my hp of 253 would fit without reducing even in Cat7.

My gun though belongs to Cat3, so I rather get busy with something else during mayhem :)

due to retraining into melee and then using any gun available, my laser pistol stalled and now all my combat skills are about 60. this puts me in Cat 5 with a HP nerf.

Gun wise the LC-55 would give 76.5 so will be competitive

The sticking block for me is cost, if mobs have over 2k hp, 20 hrs of that be high risk and perhaps not worth the loss

I'm level 44.97 :laugh: and have 180.9 HP.

I'm too lazy, and most of my PED are in storage atm, so I'll do something else, unless they announce something for teams.

I would love to participate, but I have decided to sell my gear to other people who can better take advantage of it.

Good luck to all participating! :wtg:

I would love to participate, but I have decided to sell my gear to other people who can better take advantage of it.

Good luck to all participating! :wtg:

...but as longs as you havent sold it yet, you might as well participate then.

Then you can win, and prove that your stuff is the winning stuff. Then people will buy your stuff for sure!

:wtg:

Reactions: Mac
<75

212 HP

A high tier weapon in my cat I do not have. But MA's working to preserve UL and tier values so I'm okay with this :p

Do you suggest the category DPS stay the same?
So cat 10 level 145+ and 110+ dps
Or would the DPS adjust too?

The highest gun in game currently is 130 from the token trader which no one has discovered yet. I guess next highest is the bl1950 which I think maxes at 124-125

<75

212 HP

A high tier weapon in my cat I do not have. But MA's working to preserve UL and tier values so I'm okay with this :p

Also working to prevent further playing, anyone invested in the eventguns for Cat 8-9 gonna have to stop playing between event if they want to use their items they payed top dollar for.

Not competing seriously, but maybe a bit of fun. This is because to use max DPS for my cat you'd need to be higher level than the cat allows.

Remove prof req and I am in again!

Not competing seriously, but maybe a bit of fun. This is because to use max DPS for my cat you'd need to be higher level than the cat allows.

Remove prof req and I am in again!

Seriously..
What category is this?

Seriously..
What category is this?

Cat7, capped at 85, LC-625 Gleamer maxed at 92.5

I am 79.8/74.3, could use LR-70 in Cat06 if my hit wasn't holding me back.

I'm lv98.5 with 278 hp and my gun is 98.8 or something I forget. I won't seriously compete unless the remove the level requirement and let you enter any category you like as long as u can only win one. As it is now I'm only in it for the boxes.

I'm lv98.5 with 278 hp and my gun is 98.8 or something I forget. I won't seriously compete unless the remove the level requirement and let you enter any category you like as long as u can only win one. As it is now I'm only in it for the boxes.

really?
Lol!

Yeah, let 10 ubers each take first place in each of the 10 categories.
Then you know FOR SURE that nobody will ever compete other than 10 ubers.

really?
Lol!

Yeah, let 10 ubers each take first place in each of the 10 categories.
Then you know FOR SURE that nobody will ever compete other than 10 ubers.

I do think the upper categories could use a bit of number tweaking but I agree that would be a horrible idea.

dps hard cap, YES

prof. standing cap, NO

Reason: many of us long time hunters have gained a high professional level, while always using the mid level gear, and do not wish to compete with million dollar accounts.

people competing with the same dps is fair

people competing with the same prof. standing is ridiculous

Mindark wants you to chip out.Why do you want to achieve higher values on your avatar?
They say "Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Now I wonder why everyone in this forum keep dragging everyone down to lower categories (most of the time their own categories) instead of aiming higher?

dps hard cap, YES

prof. standing cap, NO

Reason: many of us long time hunters have gained a high professional level, while always using the mid level gear, and do not wish to compete with million dollar accounts.

id say cap it on the evader profession and not the combat professions. evader is the one prof that gives the most boost in terms of survivability. if they have the same its fair. someone competing with huge evade in a low category where most dont have that evade cos its naturally lower is unfair

id say cap it on the evader profession and not the combat professions. evader is the one prof that gives the most boost in terms of survivability. if they have the same its fair. someone competing with huge evade in a low category where most dont have that evade cos its naturally lower is unfair

problem there is rifle users tend to have much lower evade compared to pistol and melee.

MRS2.0 said it best, compete with DPS not skills, still cap the HP and most players will be the same

in terms of the event, the fairest system is to fix all skills and weapons therefore every player is identical. ofc its not fair for the players with high$ guns

dps hard cap, YES

prof. standing cap, NO

No it's not fair.

a lvl 10 player with a 20 dmg/sec gun vs a level 100 player with a 20 dmg/sec gun.
How is that fair?

No it's not fair.

a lvl 10 player with a 20 dmg/sec gun vs a level 100 player with a 20 dmg/sec gun.
How is that fair?

2 players who looked at their budget and decided to play in the 20 DPS category get bumped to the same prof/evade levels.

How is that not 'fair'?

Over protect is over protect, let them bring shogun or shadow.

Both probably have adj resto.

What's the problem?

EDIT also would LOVE it if someone with, say, lvl30 is stats could shell out their "birthday money" or whatever and maybe go compete in 100 DPS.

I'm not sure how many people would do it, but it would be very cool if the option existed.

I am a minnow in category 10.

dps hard cap, YES

prof. standing cap, NO

Agreed...Deep pockets always wins

This changes will have no effect when "some" people cheat on the events :offtopic:

All these brain dead suggestions are really starting to grow old.

How can you guys even suggest that you should be allowed to compete in any category you want?
So a level 150 should be able to enter cat 1 with his 100 agility and outrun and outevade the "real" category 1 players? Way more experienced players and probably way better access to specialized tiered weapons, armor, rings, pills, scopes, sights, lifesteal.. EVERYTHING?

Seriously?

2 players who looked at their budget and decided to play in the 20 DPS category get bumped to the same prof/evade levels.

How is that not 'fair'?

Over protect is over protect, let them bring shogun or shadow.

Both probably have adj resto.

What's the problem?

EDIT also would LOVE it if someone with, say, lvl30 is stats could shell out their "birthday money" or whatever and maybe go compete in 100 DPS.

I'm not sure how many people would do it, but it would be very cool if the option existed.

What level 10 has adj resto? How can you possibly believe this is the norm?

Agreed...Deep pockets always wins

lets be honest, that's what this "game" is about.

Besides, no matter what MA comes up with, it will always be unfair for someone.
It's the same repetitive thread each event.

It's never fair. Everybody is saying they wont compete. And still, each year, people do compete.

Back