Team Ireland

Great work everyone :)
Special thanks to Susan for doing such a great support job at the last minute.

Reactions: 113
Brilliant result all. Great team effort and well deserved. 91 points is utterly magnificent.

:yay:

91 points WOW what a result!
Well done , I'm even more pissed off that I couldn't be there to help out :(
lol maybe I should stay logged off next time around too :wtg:

Huh? What? Who?

:laugh:

I just fapped a bit. Not much though. I had a grand time and I thank you all for allowing me the chance to participate.

91 points ? Wooooeeeeee! :yay: :wtg: :yay:

A hearty Well Done to all on the team.

Regards
Susan :)

Ireland vs England

Team,

for our match against England next weekend I can play on Saturday only; I definately cannot play on Sunday at any time.

Regards,

Hi team,

I'd like to keep the momentum going for next week and we've really got our work cut out for us. So lets get planning.

First things first, who's good for what day and time?

Photon - Both Saturday and Sunday ok
Bogger - Only Sunday
Aidan - Only Saturday

Hello Team Ireland;

Firstly apologies for the delayed Update of the Scores on the ***WarSheet***; we are compiling and confirming scores from a very chaotic weekend and RL stuff doesn't help! The Update will be there by tonight (I did say Monday/Tuesday:)).

But to keep you all busy in the meantime;

Your next hunt, Round 2, is against England;

Can you please contact England and arrange one of the following hunt times for next weekend.

Remember, there isn't much flexibility, and several teams have already fielded less than 4 hunters in the matches up to now.

Available Start Times:

00:00 Saturday 24th March (friday midnight)

12:00 Saturday 24th March

16:00 Saturday 24th March

00:00 Sunday 25th March(saturday midnight)

12:00 Sunday 25th March

16:00 Sunday 26th March

Please Note; time-slots have changed slightly from those offered in Round 1.

Thanks for your continued patience and excellent co-operation.

Also, to all Team Captains:

Please read this carefully, it's important!

The advent of MA's excellent contribution of Winner's Jackets has led to the need for a rule change, which is;

For the remainder of this Stage, Stage 2(rounds 2 and 3) all rules regarding Teams, Recruiting and Substitutes stay the same.

When the 12 lucky teams progress and reach Stage 3, these rules will be changed to allow any signed Substitutes the chance to hunt. The Teams will be listed as a team of up to 12 (if FULL), with all eligible to form the hunt team of 1 to 4 for the Hunts in Stage 3. As with Stage 2, there will be 3 hunts for each Team in this Stage.

It is intended that all team use Stage 3 to refine, bolster and sort out their teams into the best line-up for winning. For this purpose, during Stage 3, team members who have dropped out are allowed to re-apply, and should be asked first, if possible (especially if they did not Hunt when in the Team before) before new signings are added.

For Stages 4 and 5 (5 being the Final), the 6 remaining Teams cannot drop or lose any players. The Teams must use the members they have settled on by the end of Stage 3. Teams not FULL (12 signed members) can still add hunters until FULL, but as before, only with 24 hours notice before a hunt.
The idea is you only enter Stage 4 with a Team that DESERVES TO BE THERE.
So it is up to the Captains to make sure that: Those who have not hunted do so in the rest of Stage 2, or during Stage 3. The substitute rule has been relaxed to allow this to be easier. By the end of Stage 3, going through to Stage 4, your team will be final unless not already FULL.

Why these new rules?

The Tournament started out with the intention of ensuring all those who applied, no matter what their skills or equipment, would get the chance to Hunt for their Country. This has so far been happening; Through the Qualifiers, and Stages 2 and 3, each team will have had 4-7 hunts, and availability issues and good teamwork have ensured that most have, or will have, hunted if they wanted to.

As you are all aware, the Teams sense the need to win and are tuning their team for victory; it makes sense that towards the end, higher-skilled players will make up the bulk of the teams competing. This is now inevitable and must be expected.

With the Prizes in mind, I needed the Rules to ensure that those in the Winning Team (which will be up to 12) have as much right to their prizes as possible, and have not just jumped into a gap in the team and "won" without hunting. All Captains should handle this refining process as fairly as they can, I do not wish to recieve tearful PM's from those leaving or dropped without good reason or the chance to prove themselves.

Hope this is all ok, as it opens up the teams and builds momentum for the Final:).

Confirmed Hunt-Times as soon as possible please.
Hurrikane

I'm be available certainly for all slots except the 12:00 ones to give any support you need.

00:00 Saturday 24th March (friday midnight)

12:00 Saturday 24th March

16:00 Saturday 24th March

00:00 Sunday 25th March(saturday midnight)

12:00 Sunday 25th March

16:00 Sunday 26th March

any of these times are good for me, although the midday hunts I worry that I will be out of the bed by then :ahh:

Sunday 16:00 seems to suit most again ... if we can all confirm this, then I'll contact England.

Thanks.

Photon.

I want to wish the team the best of luck for Sunday then. :wtg:

I definately cannot play but hopefully we can get through this stage so there are more matches to take part it :D

yep - 16:00 sunday is good here.

As the newest substitute, I won't be able to hunt. However, I'll be there for moral support and fapping, if needed. :D

Hugs,
Aliana

Sorry about raising your hopes with that 91 estimate, but the chaos of the day has revealed your score to be instead a still very healthy 78. Well done!

(not gonna post ANY scores before J boy now!)

:ahh: Hurrikane:ahh:

16:00 Sunday is good me :)

Failte Aliana :)

16:00 Sunday is ok with me

confirmed

Sunday at 16:00 MA is fine.

Regards
Susan

The captain of Team England (AkiranBlade) has been notified of our preference for Sunday 16:00 ... awaiting feedback from him.

Hi team Ireland!
A debate about the rule concerning the penalty for missing team elements at the end of the event is going on. I'll ask for one of you to speak their mind, as Hurrikane suggested a change from the %player penalty to a penalty of 3 pts per player missing.
Unfortunately the rule does not distinguish between real CTD due to broken connection or malicious ones (that is, seeing that he won't be back on team, the guy disconnects), and I understand it is hard to know which one of these actually happens. This is the real problem IMO.
My team (Portugal) had a problem with one of the players that was using wifi and lost connectivity (connection was constantly going up and down and finally, down for good) around the middle of the event. This meant a penalty of 33% on the result as we were only 3 in the team.
The end result for us will not be very different (% or -3), but IMHO this is an issue worth debating (as any team in game can see this happen to them), wether the changes are to be made for the next WoF or this one already.

Cheers,

Naifas

I have every sympathy for the way this rule has effected Team Portugal - one of our team members had a lot of connectivity problems on our first hunt so it could easily have happened to us.

Obviously I can't speak on behalf of the whole of the Irish team so I'll leave Photon to put our collective views in the WoF rules thread. My personal view is that there is room for debate about this particular rule. Debating or changing rules midway through an event is almost always a bad idea though, so I would have to vote to keep the rule as it is for now, and look at it again when the next WoF is being organised.

Unavoidable technical difficulties can happen to anyone. If someone's connectivity is giving them a problem, it could be construed as an "Act of God." Maybe a reasonable compromise would be something along the lines that a judge can be notified of a problem with a member, who can then elect to leave the team, for that hunt, but must do so before the last 15-30 minutes of the event. This way, if someone knows they are having problems, they have the opportunity to say something rather than attempt to tough it out only to have the team penalized.

I think something along these lines could make the participants in the event feel more comfortable with this ruling, yet allow Hurrikane to maintain the integrity of the rule itself.

I also agree that it would be better not to change the rules in the middle of the event and that it would be better to do for future WoFs.

Hugs,
Aliana

Why is Team Irelands thread being hijacked by someone from Team Portugal?

Mr Anaconda

Please take rule change requests with Hurrikane. He is the organizer and the only one who can make exceptions or change the rules. The rules are clear and sometimes cause problems. Team Ireland faced a similar problem, and I do sympathize with your situation.

Regards
Susan

Last edited:
Why is Team Irelands thread being hijacked by someone from Team Portugal?

Mr Anaconda

Take up rule changes with Hurrikane. He is the organizer and the only one who can listen to you. The rules are clear. Play by them or don't play.

Regards
Susan

I agree, I'll put some thoughts in the WoF thread.

To all on Team Ireland and Mr. Anaconda

My most sincere apologies. My last post was written in haste and after a considerable amount of very bad personal (in game) luck. I meant no dis-respect to anyone, and I certainly do not wish to bring the team any bad reps or hard feelings.

Respectfully
Susan

So sorry for late notice, but it looks like i will have to work tomorrow :( I probably wont be able to make it, so plan for the hunt without me. If i do get in i will take support role.

Hi Team Ireland...I've posted this in the Rules thread too because I don't want any mix-ups (more likely to occur with our own team assuming an earlier time I think).

I've just realised that as UK time went forward an hour today we are now out of synch with MA time.

Just making sure that times stipulated are MA times and to remind everyone to be aware of this!

So I'm assuming that our match now starts at 17.00 hours UK time, which is 16.00 hours MA time?

Will try my best to be available today at 16:00 MA. I logged off at Jason outpost, so it will be easy to get there!

lol

Susan

Aliana - we need to meet asap so that I can get you on FL. Let all meet in 1/2 an hour @ the Jason TP.

Thanks.

On my way. :)

Hugs,
Aliana

Edit: I'm guessing you moved on to the outpost. I'll go up there.

Just wanted to say how proud I am of the team's performance today. I'm honoured to serve as captain for you. The results (pending screenie confirmation):

Ireland 68 - England 28

Congratulations to all.

:yay:

Back