Info: Calypso Land Deed ROI tracker

Events used to increase ROI, not making them worse. Seems they finally overused that carrot.

prices are still 1400+peds on deeds? amazing

Whats so amazing about it? CLDs have been quite good investment so far ( for example if you had bought Gold as an investment in December 2011 (when CLD came out) you would have lost about 22% of your investment). While if you had bought 1 CLD back then, you would have made 734(500 price increse + 234 payouts) ped profit , 74% increase with 2 years.

As i dont see Entropia going down anytime soon (i think CLDs are well worth the 1500ped price). Even if it takes you 7-8 years to make back your investment (if payouts stay the same and you cant sell em in the end) it is still decent way to invest your money.

Yup, even at 1500 each it's still ~13% ROI.

prices are still 1400+peds on deeds? amazing

Yes, the CLD pricing is a mystery for me as well. Especially since it seems that 3.5-3.7 seems to be normal these days which is a lot less compared to earlier this year (not talking about the crazy amounts in the beginning), there seems to be a slow downwards trend. This is also a question if either: 1) MA is influencing it in some ways depending on the "formula" (not necessarily changing it, just using to their own advantage) 2) activity is going down?

Yes, the CLD pricing is a mystery for me as well. Especially since it seems that 3.5-3.7 seems to be normal these days which is a lot less compared to earlier this year (not talking about the crazy amounts in the beginning), there seems to be a slow downwards trend. This is also a question if either: 1) MA is influencing it in some ways depending on the "formula" (not necessarily changing it, just using to their own advantage) 2) activity is going down?

3) ppl saving peds for after next VU? (Including myself)

tnt

Yes, the CLD pricing is a mystery for me as well.

CLD's are also absorbing the perceived tt+ value from items. The choice to invest in CLD's will adversely affect the ability to sell high end items, consequently the CLD value is higher than would be expected.

We'll see, but somehow there is always "a cause" made by people as an argument: downtime, bugs, lag, new vu etc. etc. For me it seems it doesn't really change that much and in influences maybe 1 week - like we had that week with serious downtime and server issues or maybe after a vu/major event for a week or two we have slightly elevated payout. So these under 4 ped payouts are regular nowadays.

2) activity is going down?

Kinda obvious and easily visible from the number of people you see online in game and FL.

Hint: There is a "Weekly Hunting Stats" section on EL, specifically the % change of the total value compared to the previous week. Write it down at the end of a week before the CLD payout, and after the payout calculate ROI's % change compared to the last week's. There is a strong correlation between the values (somehow only for hunting, as perhaps the most uniform activity).

Oops, I just ruined that thread :D

Whats so amazing about it? CLDs have been quite good investment so far ( for example if you had bought Gold as an investment in December 2011 (when CLD came out) you would have lost about 22% of your investment). While if you had bought 1 CLD back then, you would have made 734(500 price increse + 234 payouts) ped profit , 74% increase with 2 years.

As i dont see Entropia going down anytime soon (i think CLDs are well worth the 1500ped price). Even if it takes you 7-8 years to make back your investment (if payouts stay the same and you cant sell em in the end) it is still decent way to invest your money.

spoken like a true CLD owner ;)
Investing is my profession(16+years)... and not just equities... but highly sophisticated investment vehicles... CLD are not worth 1500... atleast not to me.. shame I can not "short" them ;) or hedge against them... then things would get fun

Or maybe people are waiting till the CLD return goes above 4 for a couple weeks in a row.
Thing is, people are aware that if CLD return goes above a certain value it is more opportunistic to hunt.
Me myself, I've drawn the line on 4,11 minimum, before I even log into EU.

You may be free to believe this theory or not; but you aint going to convince me to log in, if it doesn't reach 4,11 at minimum.

spoken like a true CLD owner ;)
Investing is my profession(16+years)... and not just equities... but highly sophisticated investment vehicles... CLD are not worth 1500... atleast not to me.. shame I can not "short" them ;) or hedge against them... then things would get fun

CLDs are a short-term speculative investment with high risk associated with them with no securities or guarantees.

Fort Argus bank gives 1000 Ped for each land deed if you want to take "loan". Does this count as somesort of safety? :scratch2:

Sorry to see you leave the game then.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I suppose people is VERY bored of infinite events on Calypso, can we have a pair of months without any massive event please?

In past robot invasion was a must, once a year for one month, now... booooooooooring!

As someone already told in this thread pages ago they just used too much the Carrot, time to let hunters take a rest from events or at next events there won't be anyone :)

Fort Argus bank gives 1000 Ped for each land deed if you want to take "loan". Does this count as somesort of safety? :scratch2:

No, because long before the price would fall below 1000, Tzepu would lower the loan size too :) And as of today, you can get 1400+ for a cld on the streets immediately.

Exactly as Svarog said - if the deeds start to fall in price, the bank price will be adjusted quicker and will always (unless the owner is busy IRL or something) be a lot lower than market price.

Or maybe people are waiting till the CLD return goes above 4 for a couple weeks in a row.
Thing is, people are aware that if CLD return goes above a certain value it is more opportunistic to hunt.
Me myself, I've drawn the line on 4,11 minimum, before I even log into EU.

You may be free to believe this theory or not; but you aint going to convince me to log in, if it doesn't reach 4,11 at minimum.

amazing logic you have going here, so if people are aware that it is more opportunistic to hunt when CLD returns are above some magical number you say is 4,11 (but not 4,10? or 4,09?) so do not log in it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where CLD return will never go above 4,11, will only crash, and all those smart people not logging in will lose all the peds they have invested in CLD's.

amazing logic you have going here, so if people are aware that it is more opportunistic to hunt when CLD returns are above some magical number you say is 4,11 (but not 4,10? or 4,09?) so do not log in it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where CLD return will never go above 4,11, will only crash, and all those smart people not logging in will lose all the peds they have invested in CLD's.

The thing is not to invest in CLD; but just log in and make a profit when loot is good. It's a smart way to play EU.
When loot turns soar, you just redraw excess peds or trade; and wait till better times.
Patience in EU is key; but many people mistake patience with grinding.

couriosity ^^

it went up this week :D

7th november comes merry halloween.

want to know if this means that MM is maybe canceled this year ?

HM -> then MM ?
would be a perma event then
EntropiaMayhem Universe lol

pls share if anyone knows ^^

I made my first withdrawal request today. I have been rolling over my CLD income and buying an additional CLD every time my balance hit about 1500 PED. Today I had 1226 PED sitting there after the CLD payout and I figured it is time to test the withdrawal speed.

:smoke:

I made my first withdrawal request today. I have been rolling over my CLD income and buying an additional CLD every time my balance hit about 1500 PED. Today I had 1226 PED sitting there after the CLD payout and I figured it is time to test the withdrawal speed.

:smoke:

Cool, expect the money to arrive sometime in february 2014.

Rly? Does it take so long time? Seriously, how much time does it normally take until money arrival?

The message that popped up says that they investigate all withdrawals for fraud and it also insulates MA from "charge backs" that can occur from credit cards. It does seem like a really long time though when deposits are nearly instant.

:proof:

The 50 (instead of 40) business days period is now officially stated in the withdrawal faq.

The message that popped up says that they investigate all withdrawals for fraud and it also insulates MA from "charge backs" that can occur from credit cards.

The only thing it really insulates MA from is the bank run phenomenon. Without this precaution they'd went bankrupt after a slightest "the sky is falling" event.

Back