Annoying rubberband type of bug

Paralyser

Dominant
Society
Rabbids
PaRRe Paralyser Nilsson
Annoying rubberband type of bug (SOLVED)

I bought a new computer a few weeks ago and everything worked like a char, until a bout two weeks ago.

I was out hunting like usual when suddenly EU started acting strange. It looks a bit like rubberbanding but i'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem.

I tried recording it with fraps but the "rubberbanding" stopped when the FPS dropped down to 30. I've tried turning vsync both on and of and there's no difference at 60 FPS and above.

Here's a video of how it looks. Had to use my cellphone to capture it.
What you see is my ava running straight forward.

[youtube]1Ouk2T_MwQc[/youtube]

Have anyone else had the same problem? Maybe i can solve it without consulting the MA support? :)

SOLUTION: Download and install Forceware 163.75 from nvidia.com

Thank you Angel of Death for the solution :)

Last edited:
Weeeeeeeeeeird !
You need to edit your YouTube tag though :D

Like so :

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ouk2T_MwQc[/YOUTUBE]​

Would love to offer help - but I'm a total techie nub - so I can't :ahh:
Good luck figuring it out.

Common problem I am afraid for some of us.

I still have it today, though have gotten used to working with it.
The full cry2 implementation should fix this lag issue between client and server positioning updates.

I am surprised you get this issue being from Sweden and relatively close to the servers geographical location.

Maybe time to change ISP/NSP ?

Do a ..

tracert www.entropiauniverse.com

from your dos prompt, it will give you the hop time delays in transmitting data to and from each hop along the way to the MA servers. (Webserver is co-located, so it offers a good testing point)

~ Sparkz

Weeeeeeeeeeird !
You need to edit your YouTube tag though :D

Like so :

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ouk2T_MwQc[/YOUTUBE]​

Would love to offer help - but I'm a total techie nub - so I can't :ahh:
Good luck figuring it out.

Oh wow, that is freaky !

I get nothing that bad, you got some serious issue going on there.

Yeah try the tracert to check if it is a comms based problem first I would say.

~ Sparkz

Common problem I am afraid for some of us.

I still have it today, though have gotten used to working with it.
The full cry2 implementation should fix this lag issue between client and server positioning updates.

I am surprised you get this issue being from Sweden and relatively close to the servers geographical location.

Maybe time to change ISP/NSP ?

~ Sparkz

So i'm not alone with this eh? :p

I'm pretty sure this isn't a network issue and even more sure that it has to do with some hardware or drivers. Not sure what though.

I was hoping that someone had this problem and solved it (a bit tired of poking in my computer to tell the truth, even lazy if you want ;) )

got it also from time to time, especially when my pc is running longer then normal..reboot solves the problem, except at myrene, no matter what, always keep rubberbanding there

GL

I'm pretty sure this isn't a network issue and even more sure that it has to do with some hardware or drivers. Not sure what though.

I was hoping that someone had this problem and solved it (a bit tired of poking in my computer to tell the truth, even lazy if you want ;) )
What you see comes from massive network lag.

Try the following: Open the status of your network connection - in case you see packets moving while your system is idle (no network apps running) you should get rid of the botnet client on your system.

Tussi

What you see comes from massive network lag.

Try the following: Open the status of your network connection - in case you see packets moving while your system is idle (no network apps running) you should get rid of the botnet client on your system.

Tussi

Still no network problems.

Did you check the other PCs on your LAN for high network utilization and malware?

AG

I've had similar problems a long time ago.
It took a while to figure out what caused it... it was a firewall causing delay in the network traffic. While I made rules for entropia.exe, clientloader.exe, opened ports etc, it still keep giving me lag whenever i had the firewall enabled while playing EU.
Do a thourough virusscan and spybotscan (preferably in safe mode), and if you are sure you are not infected with anything, try out disabling your firewall and run EU. Worth a try I'd say :).

hmmm

we've had this too: problem was winXP SP3
don't use SP3, SP2 is ok
greetz

Are you running SLI?

Not atm, no.

Crapper i already did all this stuff before i asked :/

we've had this too: problem was winXP SP3
don't use SP3, SP2 is ok
greetz

Now there's something i haven't thought about but I'll just wait for CE2. Whatever the problem is it will probably dissappear or get replaced by a less annoying one :)

Hardcore engine vs MA(dobe) Flash = 1 - 0

i have this too... great computer 4gb ram... nice card... for 24 hours my computer doesnt get like that though... after a while of being on and running EU... it starts doing that... just takes a restart... and you are good to go again...

for some strange reason i am having this problem since today this morning dont know why

Most often this type of problem is a network lag.

The EU protocoll is running in this way (more or less).

On your local computer you update your position where you are (X,Y,Z) and
sending this cordinates to the EU server. So other people could see where you are.
But you also got a feedback back from EU server with your position (X,Y,Z) and
if the delay between your local position and the EU Server got to big you see this type of rubberbanding effect. (EU server throws you back to the old position)

Regards Coach.

Not atm, no.

But you are using an Nvidia card right? I had this problem with SLi. I tried everything, drivers that came with the card, current drivers, beta drivers, nothing worked.

When I ran PE after a reboot, it worked great, but if I quit, and my computer went into its screensaver, if I went back into PE I had the same problem you're seeing.

Then I loaded up Crysis, and got screen flickering, and Googled my symptoms and came up with Forceware version 163.xx. I tried it and ALL of my glitches went away. Including the "speedhack" in PE.

I'll get the actual version number when I get home and post it, it's worth trying, if you want.

Probably to do with your "ping" or some other networkish issue.

I've had similar problems a long time ago.
It took a while to figure out what caused it... it was a firewall causing delay in the network traffic. While I made rules for entropia.exe, clientloader.exe, opened ports etc, it still keep giving me lag whenever i had the firewall enabled while playing EU.
Do a thourough virusscan and spybotscan (preferably in safe mode), and if you are sure you are not infected with anything, try out disabling your firewall and run EU. Worth a try I'd say :).

I'd recomend getting another firewall - not simply disabling it. It doesn't matter at all if you're infected with viruses or other malware, you're computer is attacked constantly and if you don't have a firewall, well, you're toast, so to speak. :) Or at least you will have to learn how to use the "shutdown -a" command. ;)

But you are using an Nvidia card right? I had this problem with SLi. I tried everything, drivers that came with the card, current drivers, beta drivers, nothing worked.

When I ran PE after a reboot, it worked great, but if I quit, and my computer went into its screensaver, if I went back into PE I had the same problem you're seeing.

Then I loaded up Crysis, and got screen flickering, and Googled my symptoms and came up with Forceware version 163.xx. I tried it and ALL of my glitches went away. Including the "speedhack" in PE.

I'll get the actual version number when I get home and post it, it's worth trying, if you want.

It's worth a try for sure as this isn't a network issue.

Thx Angel

Try Forceware 163.75. I'm not home, but I'm pretty sure that's the version. Every FW after that has had glitches.

Try Forceware 163.75. I'm not home, but I'm pretty sure that's the version. Every FW after that has had glitches.

I think it worked! Angel ftw!!

Thank you!

Glad you got it sorted :yay:

I bought a new computer a few weeks ago and everything worked like a char, until a bout two weeks ago.

I was out hunting like usual when suddenly EU started acting strange. It looks a bit like rubberbanding but i'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem.

I tried recording it with fraps but the "rubberbanding" stopped when the FPS dropped down to 30. I've tried turning vsync both on and of and there's no difference at 60 FPS and above.

Here's a video of how it looks. Had to use my cellphone to capture it.
What you see is my ava running straight forward.

[youtube]1Ouk2T_MwQc[/youtube]

Have anyone else had the same problem? Maybe i can solve it without consulting the MA support? :)

i have had it in the 7 months i been in game.

it is annoying.. only a relog can "solve" it .. well kinda :laugh:

i have had it in the 7 months i been in game.

it is annoying.. only a relog can "solve" it .. well kinda :laugh:

Forceware 163.75 can solve it too ;)

Forceware 163.75 can solve it too ;)

i will have to give it a try.. i have alot of issues going in and out of auction houses.. thanks for the thread and ty to the person that suggested forceware i will give it a go

New computer here too and the same bug on win xp.
For me new nvidia drivers didnt work.

What worked but was annoying was setting EU to use only 1 core of my athlon 64 x2 (in task manager right click on entropia.exe process)

What fixed it was installing ms service pack 2 and updated amd cpu drivers :yay:

New computer here too and the same bug on win xp.
For me new nvidia drivers didnt work.

What worked but was annoying was setting EU to use only 1 core of my athlon 64 x2 (in task manager right click on entropia.exe process)

What fixed it was installing ms service pack 2 and updated amd cpu drivers :yay:

Those are no brainer fixes at this point. If anybody is running XP without SP3, they're fools. The Forceware fix is the most likely to fix this issue.

very nice this got solved :)

GJ Angel :)

and yup SP 3 FTW;)

VERY AWESOME!
Forceware 163.75 fixed the same exact issue for me. I downgraded, no more rubberbanding. Thanks for the help!

Back