World Cup 2010 thread

Yep, I think that's the way it will be. Tough to call a winner, but based on their last game, I reckon Germany has the edge going in. The Dutch will need courage to halt that machine. :silly2:
Haven't you learned a thing? there is still one game for each of your final teams left and if you count on a win for both of them they will surely loose lol

Uruguay - Spain in the finals then, yay

Haven't you learned a thing? there is still one game for each of your final teams left and if you count on a win for both of them they will surely loose lol

Uruguay - Spain in the finals then, yay

Shh... I make a fortune from jinxing teams. :cool:;)

Really hope Netherlands(yes thats the real name of my beautiful country) gets to take the cup home. Would be even better if we could win it in the ultimate final against the germans, our archrivals when it comes to football.

Besides we never won a worldcup, and we've made it to the finals twice before. So its about time. ;)

Go orange!

Interesting anthem trivia :
Dutch national anthem contains the following lyricks:

-I am of german blood
-I always honored the king of spain

Only backing Germany because I happened to pull them in a sweepstake, but honestly, think they are genuinly the most likely to win this puppy now.

Having said that, enermous kudos to Netherlands to beating Brazil. It was not expected, and maybe u guys have some more suprises to pull, good luck. :)

3:2 :yay::cool::yay::cool::yay:
5 goals
wonder what happend tommorow

We r gonna make the world orange :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGjG0c47j8

Hup Holland Hup !!
Atleast this time you won fairly, and not because you brought your own referee ;)

Good game and some nice goals from both teams :)

put the "NUGjG0c47j8" at the end of the adress [YOUTUDE]in here[/YOUTUBE] and you see it like this:
[YOUTUBE]NUGjG0c47j8[/YOUTUBE]​

Atleast this time you won fairly, and not because you brought your own referee ;)

Good game and some nice goals from both teams :)

put the "NUGjG0c47j8" at the end of the adress [YOUTUDE]in here[/YOUTUBE] and you see it like this:
[YOUTUBE]NUGjG0c47j8[/YOUTUBE]​

Hehe, i cant do it, bit drunk :D

We won all fair, not all matches with the most beautifull football, but we made it to the finals ...

THE FIIINNAAALSSSSSS :yay::yay:

-I always honored the king of spain
Ah, that explains why you made war against Portugal, which was fighting a restauration of independence war just like you guys did a couple years before. :cool:

Gz on your qualification, but Uruguay played really well, that team will stay in the heart of all football fans. Good spirit and tchnique overall, well done!

Frikken awesome goals from both sides. Grats to the orange lads :yay:

Halftime. Spain controls the game and Germany plays defensively and bets on fast counter-attacks. Looking at what i've seen until now, this looks like the match Spain played against Portugal. If they score first (in off-side for example, like in the game against Pt), bye-bye Germany. Spanish players are masters in keeping the ball, and look how they defend from the middlefield onward.... They barely need their players in the back. If Germany scores first, then they may win the game, but... Spain would have to really do a huge mistake in order to see this happening.

Goal for Spain, just as I'm typing this!! :eek:

Uh oh.. maybe that octopus will be right after all!

Go spain!!!!!!!

Go Deutschland!!

SPAIN Wins !!!!!

And the Octopus gets it right again :laugh:

Halftime. Spain controls the game and Germany plays defensively and bets on fast counter-attacks. Looking at what i've seen until now, this looks like the match Spain played against Portugal. If they score first (in off-side for example, like in the game against Pt), bye-bye Germany. Spanish players are masters in keeping the ball, and look how they defend from the middlefield onward.... They barely need their players in the back. If Germany scores first, then they may win the game, but... Spain would have to really do a huge mistake in order to see this happening.

very good analysis of the match. as you say, germany played all the odds in one card: scoring first in a counter attack. unfortunaly for them, spain played one of their best matches ever. maybe not with great goals, but spain played beautifully, controlling the match from start to end. we should've scored another goal, when pedro and torres were alone against the german goalkeeper.

overal, spain has shown and incredible progression in this world cup, getting better and better with every match. if we keep this pace at the finals, holland will have a hard time beating us :p

very good analysis of the match. as you say, germany played all the odds in one card: scoring first in a counter attack. unfortunaly for them, spain played one of their best matches ever. maybe not with great goals, but spain played beautifully, controlling the match from start to end. we should've scored another goal, when pedro and torres were alone against the german goalkeeper.

overal, spain has shown and incredible progression in this world cup, getting better and better with every match. if we keep this pace at the finals, holland will have a hard time beating us :p

GRATZ!!! friends from spain. good game! maybe you could win your first world cup next sunday!! GRATZ AGAIN :D

Should be an interesting final. Spain play the nicer football, but Netherlands seem to be good at getting the job done.

Have to make Spain favourites but if Netherlands are organised they could nick it.

Congratulations to Spain and Spaniards. I believe you have the odds on your side for the final game. It will be an interesting game. How do you peel an orange?
And yeah, what was pedro thinking about when he could have passed to torres who would have scored an easy second goal? :scratch2:

Will the octopus end up in a pan?

Come on MA do something Stupid like Put the Dumb horns in the game

The fate of the octopus:

2007-05-15-PL.jpg

great goal of one of the smallest players on the field, good job Spain!!

too bad the game wasn't that great the first hour

i think i'll have some Paella dinner sunday evening :-D

great goal of one of the smallest players on the field, good job Spain!!

too bad the game wasn't that great the first hour

i think i'll have some Paella dinner sunday evening :-D

You mean this?
paella_valenciana.jpg

Beware to not chock with the peas!

Is there a typical dish upthere in Netherlands? I once asked my dutch ex to take me out to eat something typically Dutch and we ended up eating an Indonesian dish of fried chicken with fried potatoe sticks with peanut sauce?! Roasted chicken with potatoes on that weekend at her parents at least feeled more European.
This was the only pic of a Dutch dish i found btw:
stamppot.jpg

(does it show it's almost dinner time nad i'm hungry?)

yea, it looks like boerenkool met spekkies, not really one of my favorite meals

i kinda lost my appetite looking at it :-D

but with so many different nationalities in our country we can get almost everything now :-/

but shoarma stil rocks after a night drinking ;-)

P.S. Spanje gaat d''ran zondag!!!

Well, there seem to be a few blokes kicking a ball about....

And did the ref forget his red card in the locker room?

what i'm seeing so far is one team trying to play football, and the other team playing some kind of kickboxing :(
Thats what I see too :(

Back