Ready, Steady, Go!

Please... for the love of Calypso, don't muck this up, guys. If there's one thing FPC and MA need (especially MA), it's customer satisfaction and faith in the company. Games should be fun. Sure, I love that it's a real cash economy, but when the odds are heavily in their favour, we need some things that don't have a focus on money. We need more free fun stuff. Little stuff. Nicely polished googahs and gadgets that make it a truly unique and engrossing experience.

Is anyone with me on this? :confused:

Wot he said... :)

Here's a vehicle distribution idea...

FPC avatars hand every Calypso resident a car key and tell them to go out and find the car that the key fits, there will be 700,000 (one for each registered account) cars placed all over the planet and the one that matches your key could be anywhere. :yay:

You then spend the next 2 years looking for your unique car...:scratch2: :laugh:

NICE!! Have to say that FPC seems to be rocking right along!! :wtg:

Oh, can I be a gas station owner? PLEASE????? :D

17 ped tt car. Must be L (not learner) and last 15 mins lol.

Rep for handing out some free cars

Me wants a Volvo..:yay:

/Arwen

Marco said:
I agree, and for the annual Christmas gifts, as an example, are one area where this differentiation is used. For this event though, we choose another route.

StarGlider said:
Why exactly have you lot chosen a different route?

Mabye because these gifts will have a significant TT value, and FPC would rather not give away money to inactive players, Rocktopia players, and secondary avatars.

Whether or not I get one, it'll be awesome to see the world full of cars!:yay:

Mabye because these gifts will have a significant TT value, and FPC would rather not give away money to inactive players, Rocktopia players, and secondary avatars.

I consider myself active.

However, nowdays I have an occupation daytime (west european time), and I can't take a day off without planning (and next week for me is going to be busy enough).

I just hope MA/FPC announces when it's all over, so I don't rush to client when I get home and spend hours jumping to/from twin peaks, just to find out four hours later the last car was handed out at end of ma/fpc business hour (17:00 or so I guess).

Also I guess I would be sort'a disappointed if I didn't get any, and the ones availible by looting would all be (L) or something.

Last edited:
Can Marco comment on other requirements to operate vehicles please ?

Or are there none at this stage ?
Maybe a later implmentation ?

Vehicle components needed ? Oil needed ? on these freebie ones.
Are they (L) or UL ... almost forgot that question lol

Are vehicles unique to the owner, eg do we get keys for a vehicle ?

Maybe add this to the OP:

Not quite the Nightrider I was hoping for but it will do :D

[YOUTUBE]7jaCPVpEES4[/YOUTUBE]

will you guys be handing out random vehicles of price/rarity/style/type/value/color? or will they all be the same?

I have to say, MA and FPC have been on their game lately.:thumbup:

Lots of communication, the beginnings of storylines & quests, plenty of reinvention, and a gorgeous world to live in. MUCH better than when I first started playing...

Yeah, the loot could always be better, but hey. :dunno:

I hope this is designed for the players and not for the creaters of the game to get some extra bucks. I'd really like to have a vehicle to move around in while mining, and yeah, sure, I can pay decent decay for it, but FUCK YOU mindark if you give us something that will make YOU extra money and make US lose extra money.

will you guys be handing out random vehicles of price/rarity/style/type/value/color? or will they all be the same?

They most probably be the same style, type and value maybe different colours :D. I think marco said that later on they will add more rarer models and such. Either way I not busy around the time they put patch on which is 12.30 eu time and 1 hours after game opens up & time for me to go get me a car! :D. I will ofc be hopping around the high traffick areas such as pa, neas, twins. Shud be prime locations to give out stuff. My guess is that they are Limited and dnt need any other components to drive them atm. However if they are UL I'm sure they decay and you will need to repair it before u can drive it away, like the caps & clothes u all got :rolleyes:.

Why do I have a bad feeling these vehicles will just sit and look pretty until you put on the attachment parts like :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/selling/190309-one-first-basic-vehicle-servo-bp-l.html

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/selling/191001-basic-vehicle-gearbox-blueprint-l.html

etc etc...lol

yes i'm aware i'm cynical......

This is a given - we'll most likely get a chassis, and hopefully add parts to it... i do hope its something other than jeeps - this isnt some 20th century war game played in khaki pyjamas.

...if they are UL I'm sure they decay and you will need to repair it before u can drive it away, like the caps & clothes u all got :rolleyes:.

driving-old-car.jpg

Once again the working depositing customers get shit.

Again a sad example how paying customers get treated here.

And we worry about growing playerbase if the installer fails.....ROFL.

The people behind EU are the biggest failure of it all.

Pretty sure these vehicles will be bycicles. Or maybe some nice pull carts for two players, one player sits the other one pulls. :D

But if the cars are free, and only their use costs, what will they be used for ? We don't really need vehicles, we have TP chips. Vehicles are introduced because they are integrated in the CryEngine package.

Some vehicles will be free to a certain number of players lucky enough to receive them on Monday, and they will likely be of the more basic design.

More advanced (faster?) probably will be crafted later, and just as we get OJ's for free, we can buy better looking clothing later should we wish to.

That's my thinking ahead of Monday anyway. :)

After soem heavy thinking..

I wonder why , why in god name they will handel out free cars?

Now I get it, they just want to catch us on speeding
and handing out parking fines and speeding tickets...

They must learn it from the police

So I hope MA has created a need for the vehicles as well.

I think their master plan was to have people use them to get around this crazy terrain in game since vu 10 was out :laugh:

I hope that Weapons like Minisweepers and plasma guns we can add to the vehicle roof and truck so we can hunt in REAL team and shoot at mobs while riding the jeep! :D

Whether or not I get one, it'll be awesome to see the world full of cars!:yay:

I'm very active in EU.
They only need to look at the deposits of all players, who have deposited the last 3 months, to make this work, no matter where the current avatar is, CND, CP, The Rock etc.

He also said, the cars have a MAX tt of 17 ped, who's to say when they give them out, it will only be 0.01 ped tt value, and you have to repair it.

Either way, the way they are going to hand them out, sucks.

But tbh, thinking about it, i'm not that bothered anymore, still have the TP chip to get from A to B.
What I am kinda hoping for, is that fuel somehow has sweat in it's ingredients, for the newbies out there.

If MA wants me to waste my peds on a stupied car then i have to ask what do i get in return loot or skills.:lolup:

yay for free cars :p I'll make a small deposit so i can afford oil :p.

I love this news, but I have a nasty feeling FPC will give out these cars with 0 TT on them, and we will have to make repairs :rolleyes:

I know if I were FPC I would, they could make millions and millions of PED!

I have a few questions as well:

Will there be garages? Maybe private garages for estate and apartment owners, and public ones / car parks on the edge of major cities?

A road network?

Will some vehicles be able to take passengers?

Radio streaming in cars?

Selling fluffy dice / Christmas tree air fresheners @ Boxes ?

:D

Last edited:
I suspect they will somehow fit into your carried inventory :)

"Want a lift to PA?"
'Sure'
"Ok, let me pull my car out of my pocket"
:lolup:

They'd have to or we'll need a vehicle for Eudoria and another for Amaethera.

As for weapons mounted on the vehicle, fine as long as the vehicle takes damage from mobs and other players (in pvp) otherwise its just an MA sanctioned exploit.

Back